What's Going on in YOUR Game?

GAMMA. June 2003

SHW: Zzz. Booking this division is more than a chore than anything.

HW: Foster still champ, only Rav Kapur has come close with a split d. Rematch is next. Wilson Franklyn had 5 straight finishes before being 1st round subbed by Foster. Let Murilo Satinho dominate Brazil for a while until A-1 tried to pick him up, couldn't have that.

LHW: Herringbone gets a major stomach injury Dec 2001, William Harrison wins an 8man for the interim beating Rubenstein in the finals. Harrison about to defend again Marlon John, who was injured training for the QF of the tourney, and winner of that should be facing Herringbone for the unified strap.

MW: Stuart Strange beats Matthew Dean in a boring fight to win the title, and gets a major knee injury. Patrick Thomas beats Dexter Darling to win the interim title, only to lose it to Matthew Dean, bringing back the gloom and doom of boring grinds of Dean and company. Dean will face the returning Strange in an undoubtedly boring fight to reunify the belts next.

WW: The belt bounces from Brubaker back to Regueiro, to Humphreys, to Stephens, and now to Josh Aldarsio who probably should have held it the entire time if he didn't have 573128975 injuries. Dropped Garner to WW, who will face Aldasario for the strap next, brought in Manuel Silva who can't deal with all the wrestlers, and Sipatov keeps winning his matches, damnit.

LW: I make Sean Morrison work for the Sugar rematch beating Gleeson and the Fiyero Lermontov, before he falls to a major knee surjury Jan 2002. Jake Keane takes the belt from Sugar, and beats him in the rematch before getting dominated by Lermontov. He'll face either Atep or the returning Sean Morrison next, not sure yet.

FW: Opened the Featherweight division, stole a bunch of top 25 fighters, held a reality show for the strap, Takeuchi and Ziskie make the finals and Ziskie gets a major injury, the comission wouldn't allow quarterfinalist Lamont Banner due to being "outmatched", Takeuchi wins the strap facing Kenji Akita. Hired Li-Hong Ho after KDM closed down (does that ever NOT happen??) who'll fight for the belt. Carefully plotting the rise of Banner and Yagi Jokichi.

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Created a company at Low Level National, Enter the Dragon Combat, and used the same weight classes as XCC, because I always liked playing them but I enjoy doing reality shows. Just finished my first year, after having 4 events during my first year, and a reality show to populate my Bantamweight division. My champions are:

EDC Lightweight: Carl Chenoweth (0 defenses, d. Cyril Kamoze to be the first champion)

EDC Featherweight: Kenji Akita (0 defenses, d. Phillip Ziskie, who was the first champion and made 0 defenses)

EDC Bantamweight: Bryan Fry (0 defense, d. Roland Jericho to be the first champion and win my reality show season)

I bought WMMA4 on New Year's Eve, and instead of porting my WMMA3 mod over, I decided to do an organic all-female mod starting in 1991. Right now I'm in Watcher mode planting new promotions, fighters, and fight teams each year in various parts of the game world. I plan to export the game data to the 1998, 2005, and 2014 versions of my mod when I reach the respective years. It's awesome watching your mod's universe unfold before your eyes.

Ken Peters is on a five fight win streak in which all fights have gone to decisions. He has beaten four top ten guys, including Toby Sorkin who I wanted to win the title. None of the fights have scored above "Poor," and he still has -4 momentum.

I'm thinking about just cutting him. This is just ridiculous.

I did cut Peters, and I'm actually doing the same with Sean Morrison. He isn't marketable, all his fights suck, I'd rather he go to ALPHA-1 and ruin their division.

I did cut Peters, and I'm actually doing the same with Sean Morrison. He isn't marketable, all his fights suck, I'd rather he go to ALPHA-1 and ruin their division.

Update:

Ken Peters won two more fights against my top talent. He won the title. In his first defense, he took Tikhon Diev down immediately and was choked in 47 seconds.

In about August/September 2001, Hassan Fezzik's contract came up with ALPHA so I signed him away with GAMMA and immediately setup Foster vs Fezzik for November. Foster has defended his title twice already this year (Kapur and Boyer) so it will have been a big year for him whatever happens, but about a month away from the fight Terron Cabal's contract comes up too. So I've signed him up and he awaits the winner.

It will either be Cabal vs Fezzik II or the only two men to have ever beaten Fezzik squaring off, and for the GAMMA Heavyweight belt which is currently at 94% prestige.

Also building up a Featherweight and Bantamweight for GAMMA, think I'll use the guys in those divisions in reality TV shows to boost their popularity. I've pillaged the Top 25 rankings (for all divisions but especially those two because ALPHA don't compete there), so my roster is getting bloated, which should be good for 2002 so I can run 13/14 shows.

I'm still figuring out how stacked a card needs to be though, don't want to overload cards too much but don't want to be spreading my talent too thin.

I'm still figuring out how stacked a card needs to be though, don't want to overload cards too much but don't want to be spreading my talent too thin.

People will watch because of the main- or co-main event. They care little about the rest. It just needs to be watchable. That said, I'd rather have a card too stacked (because of injuries), in favor of stalling the bout until there's a new 'unstacked' card available.

People will watch because of the main- or co-main event. They care little about the rest. It just needs to be watchable. That said, I'd rather have a card too stacked (because of injuries), in favor of stalling the bout until there's a new 'unstacked' card available.

That's it- a big Main Event can carry a show well enough that all the other fights can be thought of as prelim-level fights and it can still boost popularity. I am High Level International with GAMMA now, my main basically has to be too but the co-main is often a Low Level International draw that should be a prelim, sometimes it could just scrape on the show. The other main card fights are High and Mid level Nationals, with the occasional Low Level National if I think it'll be a really good fight or I want to get the expected winner some more popularity.

That's it- a big Main Event can carry a show well enough that all the other fights can be thought of as prelim-level fights and it can still boost popularity. I am High Level International with GAMMA now, my main basically has to be too but the co-main is often a Low Level International draw that should be a prelim, sometimes it could just scrape on the show. The other main card fights are High and Mid level Nationals, with the occasional Low Level National if I think it'll be a really good fight or I want to get the expected winner some more popularity.

Thanks! I was usually having one clear Main Event and one that probably should have been main eventing its own show, and a couple possible main events. I'll put a bit more trust in the second/third tier guys to hold a show now (they aren't doing too badly so far).

I love the reality show feature, usually use my Unknown or Low Regional guys in them but always go for the maximum number of participants so generally get some generated fighters. One of them stole the show every week on my Super Heavyweight season until losing in the semis so he's obviously got good marketability skills, booked him on one of my shows after that and found out he's 410lbs! He's currently 3-0 in what isn't a particularly strong division so I'm going to try and build him as an unstoppable monster to raise the profile of the division and belt.

James Foster is still a beast, 36 now and his fights so far are all wins over: Kapur, Boyer, Fezzik, Sherman Shields (moved down to Heavyweight, his counterpart on a season of Clash Of The Titans), Cabal. Oktay has been built to be next, Raul Hughes has won 3 out of 4 fights (only losing to Oktay) so if he wins a couple more he'll be line, rebuilding Gladstone Lopes, and building up the undefeated Murilo Satinho, so the Heavyweight division is looking good and challengers lining up to knock off Foster. Built Kapur back up after his loss and gave him to Fezzik to see if he was ready again but sadly not so he's back in the mix. I'll probably do Fezzik/Foster II at some point as well as Fez was the favourite and lost it on decision, probably after Fezzik/Cabal II if Fez wins.

I hate (in a way that I enjoy) Sean Morrison and Tomohiro Takeuchi. They produce such garbage matches but are both insanely talented. I should never have given them title shots, now they're going to slowly choke the life out of two of my divisions.

I'm currently running a Featherweight tournament with Takeuchi defending the belt every round and have set up the bracket so Lamont Banner has avoided him, they're now both in the semis and I'm really hoping they both make the final and Banner is the man to dethrone him. He's 6-0 since coming in and a High Level National star, I've been grooming him as the star of the division, don't think I've wanted someone to win as badly as I want him to beat Takeuchi. My Featherweight division isn't the strongest so I'm hoping Takeuchi's dominance is slightly flattering but his skills seem insane so I can see him smothering Banner too.

I've avoided giving my top lightweights to Morrison so far with the exception of Sukarno (who went and lost his first match on the way out the door from ALPHA, thanks buddy...), who he beat pretty comfortably. The only guy I really built that he's knocked off is Seth O'Breen. I've got Jake Keane ready to go and on a huge hot streak but I ruined Lermontov's build by pitting him with Sukarno after his two losses in the hope that he'd knock him off too so he needs rebuilding, but I also have Atep and Nouri (who is about to challenge Morrison), hopefully one of them can beat him.

25-year old Heath Kaladaris just became the first man to defeat Fjodor Kanchelskis (20-1) in a BCF Middleweight title unification bout. A pretty massive upset in my opinion, as Heath is still young and developing, while Fjodor looked like he was in his prime at 32, submitting pretty much everyone he faced in the first round. Kanchelskis took a year-long hiatus from MMA in summer 2003 with no one that seemed capable of challenging him at middleweight, which prompted an interim title match between top contenders Heath Kaladaris and Snuffy Fontana. Kaladaris dominated that match en route to a 5-round decision, and defended his belt once via head kick KO over Rhys Buck.

Kanchelskis, the middleweight champion, returned in summer of 2004 and took a fight to defend his SIGMA title while Kaladaris and Buck had their match booked for that month. He beat Drazen Gabelich by fifth round submission, looking dominant but perhaps a little slowed down, since four of his last fights were first round submissions over similar competition.

Kanchelskis and Kaladaris fought in December 2004 on BCF's last show of the year and broke the PPV records, pulling 12,8 million dollars worth of buys. Kaladaris was taken down and controlled in two of the first rounds, but showed flashes of promise in each round, attacking from the bottom and landing low kicks. By the third round, Kanchelskis was limping and Kaladaris was mixing up kicks to the legs and the head. In the fourth round Kaladaris dropped the champ with punches but was unable to finish. In the fifth he landed two consecutive head kicks and finished the fight with punches on the mat for the KO win in the final round.

Kaladaris is 13-0 now, and next for him seems to be Mily Golovanov (17-1) who beat Oleg Tariverdiev on the same card. In WMMA3 I liked Kaladaris but he always turned out disappointing. I'm hoping this time it's different :).

Simmed a 5y watcher game of a changed O+ and the main event scene was quite interesting. Vaughan and O'Neill got in a series of 4 matches, where the first 3 of them (5x5 matches) were split decisions.

You do have to give a million dollars to each company or the AI just runs them out of business, which is annoying as - when I'm playing - I can keep them alive rather easily, which is weird as I book more events with extra matches. Wonder how they burn that much money (maximum promotion?).

James Foster, at 38 and after holding the GAMMA Heavyweight title for nine and a half years, has just been beaten by Kanezane Fujii by Unanimous Decision. I really wasn't expecting that. Fujii was 13-0 and had beaten Fezzik in his previous fight but I still thought Foster would find a way through.

I had been due to run Foster/Boyer III about ten months before but Foster got injured so I had an interim title fight between Boyer and Christopher Sharp (best I had available at such short notice) which Sharp somehow won. Foster then put him away with ease and I thought he'd take down Fujii as well to head towards a ten year run. Puts a bit of a spanner in some of my future plans now but I'll rehabilitate Foster before a rematch (he's out for four months recuperating anyway). Satinho is who I was grooming to take it from him (he had lost to him a couple of years before but he was only 25 then) so that (Satinho/Fujii) has the potential to be a great rivalry with them being 27/26.

Lawrence Herringbone's impressive Light Heavyweight reign got ended by Taneyev too, though that was less of a surprise because he's picked off most of my division on his way to that title fight and it was a Split Decision anyway.

My Middleweight title is like a hot potato. Strange won it in my second event but dropped it straight to Zaco, who dropped it straight to the undefeated Kanchelskis and I thought I had a stable champion but he only made one defence before dropping it to Huang, who dropped it straight to Tariverdiev (his first loss), who made one defence before dropping to Petey Mack (a relative nobody in the defence at that point who he should've dispatched), who made one defence before giving it up to Deguchi.

I have started a GAMMA game with one goal in mind: Groom Big Magic as an absolute boss. He just won his first fight on GAMMA Battle Lines 6: Hughes vs. McDonald by KO against Brayden Behrami. Ain't gonna lie, I started chanting Big Magic after the fight. Next for him is Zane "The Pain" Wybock.

Archived