What's Going on in YOUR Game?

This Megan was your custom character, right?

I'm finally seeing some play longer than 3 events. :p In my WEFF game (with boosted popularity) things are going smoothly so far. I set up the Femme Fatale gym as a breeding ground for feuds and the first one was already a fact in the first year. WEFF 26 will now see DeNeuve vs Oliver as a co-main event, maybe barely eclipsing the title fight. Sweet.

It's Aida Galvan in the screen. Not so much powerful in my other save (she generally lose to the top tier) but in that game, she's a beast

But if you're talking to the name of the event, Yes. Megan was a ultra favorite, and Biel just dominated her for six rounds to retain her title. Six month after, in an other federation, Megan KO Biel. That was the third match between the two

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's just different gameplay. Instead, you're left scooping up GAMMA and ALPHA-1's has-beens and pitting them against your top talent, which is always classic. :p

Yeah that always sucks though, they get two wins and jet back off to GAMMA.

On a positive note though, whenever GAMMA steals one of my fighters if he's available to be booked he instantly gets a brutal match-up in hopes that he goes back to GAMMA with a loss.

It's just different gameplay. Instead, you're left scooping up GAMMA and ALPHA-1's has-beens and pitting them against your top talent, which is always classic. :p

Yeah, I played that game for a while and while it was fun for a little bit every time I had built someone up off he went. If I could just get Lermontov back I'd be much happier.

The History Of The XCC Lightweight Championship (Abridged):

The game starts with Siemaszko as champion. He leaves for GAMMA before I can book a defense for him.

Wanted to try to rebuild Hewitt for a rematch with Southall for the belt, but he got decisioned by Coltrane Aaronson. So I put Aaronson against Southall (not for the belt) just to see what happened. Southall TKO's him in the 5th.

But he's out for six months afterwards, giving me time to find someone to match against him for the belt. GAMMA cuts Nicholas Bretton loose, and I match him against Carl Chenoweth, with the winner getting Southall.

Southall signs with GAMMA.

So Bretton/Chenoweth becomes for the title and the co-main for Ziskie/Gaffigan II. Bretton wins by split decision.

Then he goes back to GAMMA.

Now (January '03) I'm running a six-man tournament. Chenoweth and Hewitt (who's now my #1 lightweight, if only by default) get byes. Odds on how many of these guys are still under contract by the end?

----

Also, Ziskie/Gaffigan II happened because Machado wrecked his elbow while training and had to vacate the Featherweight belt. Put him out for two years. Ziskie actually beat Eigenberg for the vacant belt before defending against Gaffigan. He won this time, but then lost to Easton Frye.

At bantamweight, Willy Basset beat Brian Claiborne and has pounded down everyone he's faced since.

XCC made it finally to National level, but that was due to my own timidity. I have a ppv deal now, and I was able to bring Lamont Banner back, and he immediately took the Featherweight title back. That guy is just amazing!

I've also gone and taken Helio and Kei Maki from Alpha 1. Helio will have the next shot at the Lightweight title.

Brian Claremont is killing it at Bantamweight, but he keeps injuring himself in these title matches. It's not enough to take the title off of him by any means.

I'm considering adding new weight classes featuring the guys from Sigma, since they went out of business. It seems like a bad idea, but if nobody else wants Aleksander Ivanov, maybe I should take him.

Just had my first major card swap in my seven-corners game, and in GAMMA's turn. Here is the chronological order of events:

- Bobby Brubaker was originally scheduled to face off with Gabriel Gallego earlier in the year for a defense of his Welterweight Championship.

- Gallego injures his knee and is forced out of the bout, replaced by Alan Kendall.

- Brubaker dominates Alan Kendall in his defense and takes some time to recover.

- Gallego is ready to be booked again and signs a return fight with Josh Aldarisio, stating that he needed to get rid of the ring rust before taking a quick title fight.

- Brubaker recovers and is ready to be booked again, awaits a new contender. Aldarisio & Gallego scheduled to face off while Callum Henson & Rufus Stephens square off.

- Josh Aldarisio is injured, forced out of fight with Gabriel Gallego. Gallego is without an opponent and potentially out of action given no other cards need matches and no fighter in his division has enough time to step up for this current card.

- Jake Keane & Sean Morrison prepare for their main event clash at the next GAMMA event, as they compete for the title of number one contender to Brandon Sugar's Lightweight Championship.

- Keane injures himself and is forced out of match with Sean Morrison. Two events are left without major bouts.

- Bobby Brubaker and Gabriel Gallego sign a new match to main event the former Morrison / Keane card. The Welterweight Championship is on the line and although Gallego wanted to get over his ring rust, he said the extra training will do the job just fine.

- Sean Morrison finds a new short-notice opponent in a freshly signed Laerte Portinari. Jumps on the Dean vs Moura card to replace the former Aldarisio & Gallego fight.

I finally hosted my first reality tv show. How awesome is that feature? The only little problem I have with it is that the eliminated fighters are immediately send off, which is a problem if the charismatic goofball you send in is the first one to go, leaving you with a dull season. I get that the elimitated characters are obviously featured less, but they can still keep the rating up a little. I mean: look at Felice Herrig. :p

It does open them up for contracted fights, but it's not the same.

edit: I also like that you can change coaches at will, to make up for the 'guest coaches' feature that didn't make it in.

edit2: There's even people bonding with the coaches. Awesome. Maybe I can simultate Ronda's "Four Horseman" stable in my WEFF game. :p

Lamont Banner, Fiyero Lermontov, and Aleksander Ivanov are monsters in my current game.

Banner has beat every viable contender. Bloch, Takeuchi, Makamori, Jokichi, Machado, Romita, Frye....I have no one left for him. The only person to make it past the 3rd round was Long Corbett (!?!?!) and he got submitted (!!) in the 7th.

Meanwhile at Lightweight Lermontov has clobbered Basora, Brockett, Melberg, O'breen, Keane, Nouri, and Datuk Ong. Still have some people who have an outside shot but not optimistic anyone will be able to unseat him....

In other words, it might be time for a superfight between Banner and Lermontov.

Ivanov meanwhile has taken care of every legitimate contender I have at Super Heavyweight. Kapur is 1-1 but I don't think the 3rd fight will be a contest as Ivanov dominated their last match en route to a UD.

I had a match between Zsolt and Kel all set up, but then; Zslot gets a stomach injury. Guess how long he's going to be out for? 2 WHOLE YEARS!

Two years for a stomach injury? What, was it removed?

---

Anyway, while I wait for my XCC Lightweight tourney to finish (stupid Chenoweth breaking his hand in his semifinal win), let's look at WEFF's Nina Belle, who may be the most disrespected fighter in history:

WEFF 22: No. 25 Belle (+440) SD3 No. 2 Karen Curtis (-560)

WEFF 24: No. 12 Belle (+230) TKO5 No. 2 Daniella Sadorra (-300) (wins Flyweight title)

WEFF 26: No. 2 Belle (+230) SD5 No. 1 Jenny DeNeuve (-300)

Belle moved up to No. 1 after this fight, but Katherine Williams passed her after her next victory.

WEFF 30: No. 2 Belle (+190) KO4 No. 3 Hazel McClay (-240)

WEFF 33: No. 1 Belle (+260) DEC5 No. 2 Katherine Williams (-330) (Williams' first professional loss; she retires after the fight)

Yes, that's five fights in a row where the odds had Nina as the underdog, three of them after she became champion.

Steph Smith's called her out twice now, and is the new No. 2. Looking forward to seeing those odds.

The odds sometimes behave really weird. You can get two fighters who are more or less even on paper (barring styles), yet one is -500 or something.

I'm currently trying to maximize the amount of reality tv shows I can hold, using established talent to fill them up. I know this isn't the best way to use them (as the incremental rises of popularity are small, and it actually creates friendships which is detrimental to matchmaking), but it's fun damnit. :p

Two weeks out from his first ever GAMMA Super Heavyweight Title bout, 38-year old George Pickering (12-2, 6-2 GAMMA) has apparently broken his head or something and is out for two years.

Poor guy, he could have beaten Hartigay and now I think his career is cactus.

Two weeks out from his first ever GAMMA Super Heavyweight Title bout, 38-year old George Pickering (12-2, 6-2 GAMMA) has apparently broken his head or something and is out for two years.

Poor guy, he could have beaten Hartigay and now I think his career is cactus.

I recently booked Ben Henderson return from a shoulder injury that had him out for 2 years as well. It's surprising that these things happen, but I like the realism

I had a generated Super Heavyweight named Bryant Wood show up. He seemed pretty good so I hired him for GAMMA without a single fight on his record. He won his first fight so I figured I'd give him a title shot in his second match just to give the champ an easy win.

Thing is, he won. And he kept winning. He has now defended the title successfully 10 times (thus going 11 and 0) and is the #1 super heavyweight in the world.

Playing with XCC, in November or year two.

GAMMA has gutted my lightweight division enough that I'm considering folding that division. I've got a few guys that are still draws there but it's gone way downhill.

Luiz Machado has made two successful title defenses in the Featherweight class, at XCC 6 and XCC 11. He is on a five match win streak, all wins by submission. However he's got a serious challenge coming up at XCC 15: Christmas in Cali, when he defends against #2 Philip Ziskie who is 3-0 since I took over and is on a 7-1 run including a TKO win over Machado back in 1997.

The Bantamweight division is the strength of the XCC currently. Brian Claremont has taken over the BW class and has a 5-0 run going including three title defenses against the #2, #4 and #14 challengers. I really thought the last fight might be the changing of the guard with ABB being favored but he knocked Bassington out in the third round, and ABB would later be suspended for failing a drug test (recreational) after the fight which takes him out of the picture for a year. Bassett and RPP are fighting at XCC 15 to see who might get a rematch with Claremont as that has been a pretty solid ranking for months now.

Playing with XCC, in November or year two.

GAMMA has gutted my lightweight division enough that I'm considering folding that division. I've got a few guys that are still draws there but it's gone way downhill.

Luiz Machado has made two successful title defenses in the Featherweight class, at XCC 6 and XCC 11. He is on a five match win streak, all wins by submission. However he's got a serious challenge coming up at XCC 15: Christmas in Cali, when he defends against #2 Philip Ziskie who is 3-0 since I took over and is on a 7-1 run including a TKO win over Machado back in 1997.

The Bantamweight division is the strength of the XCC currently. Brian Claremont has taken over the BW class and has a 5-0 run going including three title defenses against the #2, #4 and #14 challengers. I really thought the last fight might be the changing of the guard with ABB being favored but he knocked Bassington out in the third round, and ABB would later be suspended for failing a drug test (recreational) after the fight which takes him out of the picture for a year. Bassett and RPP are fighting at XCC 15 to see who might get a rematch with Claremont as that has been a pretty solid ranking for months now.

I usually play as KDM FC and I almost always get rid of the Lightweights for the first couple of years. It's just nearly impossible to keep it going when pretty much every fighter you have from the worst to the best get snatched up by a bigger company. Just drop whoever can to Featherweight and just run the other divisions. My plan has been to try a bring back the Lightweights when you can run a reality TV show which would be an awesome way to re introduce them.

What I wanna know about the reality shows: do you guys really plan all of it. Or do you just take 16 people (or less?) and shove them together in a house to see what happens? :cool:

The only thing I make sure of is that there's at least some entertaining people present. One is not enough as an elimination kills the show.

What I wanna know about the reality shows: do you guys really plan all of it. Or do you just take 16 people (or less?) and shove them together in a house to see what happens? :cool:

The only thing I make sure of is that there's at least some entertaining people present. One is not enough as an elimination kills the show.

So far I've used the reality show to introduce the featherweight and bantamweight divisions. My newest season is all free agent middleweights as Matthew Dean has cleared out the division and needs new challengers!

Archived