What's Going on in YOUR Game?

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Remember Li Kong Ho being unbeatable on WMMA3 his record was something like 43-0 but he's crap on 4. And it seems most of the top guys you poach from Alpha can't fight in a cage.

Well, it's a much more different environment. From PRIDE, apart Rampage Jackson, they were having some difficulties at the beginning in the UFC

Ballard Beats Miyazaki in Night of Upsets at GAMMA 187

June 5, 2010

In front of a home town crowd, Ashley Ballard shocked the world.

In a five round classic, the 38 year old veteran survived a harrowing second round to defeat the incumbent champion by close, but fair, split decision. Ballard utilized his trademark endless cardio and stiff punches to back up Miyazaki for the first round. Miyazaki found himself unable to use his renowned kicking game, but found his range in the second round. A precise kick to the dome dropped the challenger who got back to his feet - only to suffer the same fate a minute later. Ballard managed to recover, and found his rhythm in the next three rounds as he battered an increasingly tiring Miyazaki on the feet - mixing in takedowns and clinching against the cage to wear him out further.

'I can thank the Breakout Society, man', said the newly crowned champion after the fight, 'Nate [Nathan Chambers] really helped polish my wrestling game. I'm gonna enjoy this title now. It's been a long time coming.'

Ballard has been with Chambers' fight camp for over a year, and has shown continual improvement at the camp, even as he's gotten older.

The future seems to hold a number of interesting fights for Ballard, and time will tell if he can hold on to his title. He has lost to a fair share of the contenders - Monroe in 2003, Vega in 2006, Abe in 2007 - and he said that he's looking forward to rematching all of them eventually.

In any case, in a sport as brutal to its aging elite as MMA, Ballard's triumph will not soon be forgotten.

Maki and Diggle in Savage Masterpiece

In a fight inevitably destined to be crowned fight of the year, Kei Maki and David James Diggle went to war for four rounds. The two muay thai stylists traded knees, elbows, kicks and punches at a dizzying pace - bloodying each other up in the very first frame. As Diggle seemed to take over the fight, landing the cleaner and harder blows, Maki uncorked a beautiful crescent kick at 1:05 of the fourth round that severed Diggle from consciousness.

It's eight in a row for the 34-year old Japanese, and he seems destined for a number one contender's fight in his next.

Kuqi Makes Short Work of Drew

Roope Kuqi caught Drew on the chin and didn't let up. At 2:31 of round 1, the referee pulled the surging Finn off the Brit and gave him his seventh straight victory in GAMMA. A title shot seems inevitably for Kuqi - with Ivanov having vanquished most of the division elites twice already, fresh blood makes for interesting fights.

While Drew was also undefeated, he came into the bout a heavy underdog, and certainly lived up to that monicker. Now 2-1, time will tell if the Brit can recover.

Lermontov batters Gleeson in Veteran Showdown

For two 40-year olds, Lermontov and Gleeson put on a show. The former longtime lightweight champ put a bevy of straight rights into Gleeson's mug, who in turn swung back with lengthy hook combinations. At 3:03 of the first round, however, the ref stepped in as Lermontov had Gleeson hurt against the cage, uncorking the punches that made him the dominant lightweight between 2003 and 2005.

It's two in a row for Lermontov now, who seems to be winding down his career, while the loss snapped a three fight win streak for Gleeson.

JW Cunningham stuns Ateb and the World

In the night's second great upset, the unranked JW Cunningham stepped in on short notice against Ateb of Indonesia. The originally scheduled rematch between Ateb and Helio fell apart due to an eye injury, and the 26-year old unranked Cunningham stepped in.

With only ten fights under his belt, and only one of those inside GAMMA, Cunningham's chances against his 34-year old, #10 ranked opponent seemed slim. Ateb, 12-5 in GAMMA, who has only lost to champions and perennial world rankers, was supposed to light Cunningham up from the stert. Instead, the underdog slipped underneath Ateb's trademark smooth combination work and landed a short left hook at 4:41 of the first round, putting Ateb to the canvas out cold.

The future looks bright for the 26-year old, and time will tell if this is a sign of Ateb finally declining after eight years of his physical style in GAMMA, or if Cunningham simply is that good.

I love your resume Daffanka :D

In my Bantamweight division, Mayra-Liz Hernandez just avenged her loss to Elena Piotroswska, and she became Champion.

In my Flyweight, Megan Cameron was injured before her match with Jade Chavez, so Magalys Jimenez was in for the replacement. The odds were -600 for Jade, +500 for Magalys (who was a bantamweight, she stepped to Flyweight for the Interim title)

Before the match, Magalys has joined the camp of Megan Cameron, and she made SHORT SHORT work of Jade chavez, knocking her out under two minutes with an elbow in the muay thai clinch. Megan return soon, and big big fight in perspective if the two want the real belt :D

EDIT : Magalys just missed weight for the unification, oh my god.

Hah, Jake Keane was set to defend his GAMMA lightweight title against Sean Morrison in January 2003. 2 weeks out Morrison pulls out citing an injury, and Kenny Magilton (11-6) gets bumped up from his fight with Zac Bacall on the undercard to face the champion and save the main event. Magilton has two straight submission wins in XCC on his resume and has +2 momentum, so the fight is still a strong main event, which is really pleasing.

Fight night rolled around, Jake Keane threw a jab and a right cross and knocked him out.. 21 seconds, 2 punches thrown, championship defended. Not the most competitive championship match I've made.

It's funny that stuff sometimes happens as "it's supposed to" :p

I think I'm going to stage the K-1 tournament I've always wanted to do. You'd just have to change the ruleset and give the 8 participants "loves to strike" and - if the attribute works - that would pretty much do it right there. Way to shake up a game, and way to make ALPHA-1 attractive to play. :p

There are so many roads one can take now for a dynasty/diary. So far there's mostly traditional ones I think. But no time for that, alas. :rolleyes:

Just did Regueiro-Chambers III. Great back and forth bout with Julio winning by KO (by standing punch) in Round 4.

Fjodor Kanchelski is cleaning out the middleweight division. Rematch with Matthew Dean is up next after Dean came back and beat the surging Braulio Moura again.

I just got WMMA4, and have finally found my groove, so to say.

I'm running my own created company, with two weight divisions at the moment. It's based in Ohio, and I have a Featherweight division and Women's Flyweight division.

I'm running two tournaments at the moment, to determine the first Champion in each division, and the last match in the Women's tournament, was Shannon Palmer beating Ramona Stivic by submission, winning Submission of the Night.

The issue is, Palmer tested positive for PEDs, and now the match is a no contest.

I guess Ramona Stivic gets a free pass into the finals, where she will face either Jessica Herbig or Charlotte DiSerra. I might even cut Shannon Palmer, or maybe have her try and redeem herself. Regardless, she won't be around for another year.

I'm starting small, because I find that every time I start a game with 5+ divisions, I get overwhelmed really quickly when setting it all up, so I'm starting with two divisions, and once I get into a good routine, I'll expand, probably adding a Bantamweight division, or maybe something crazy like Super Heavyweights.

XCC stunned by title upset in bantamweight class.

Brian Claremont (12-1, 5-0) was the title holder with three title defenses under his belt since I took over the XCC. At XCC 19, he faced off with Gus Waters (15-2, 4-2), ranked #6. Claremont was the heavy favorite but Waters pulled off the surprise of my game (since I started) with a triangle submission of the champ to gain the belt.

Now the question is, does Claremont get an immediate rematch or does he need a makeup win match to get back....this is by far my deepest and most talented division but maybe Willy Bassett gets the title shot first and Claremont has to rematch against Bassett (assuming Bassett beats Waters which I'd fully expect).

Just had the awesomest thing happen in my long term KDM FC game. Using the C-Verse Expanded mod I am in October 2009. My Bantamweight division has become a little shallow, but there is still a few guys around any way I hired a guy to come in and fight Supachai Thamsatchanan for the Bantamweight Belt, but he gets hurt a week before the fight. So I managed to convince former Flyweight Champ Dima Teplov to step up on a weeks notice to fight for the title and Boom he knocks Thamsatchanan out cold in the second round. So pumped I don't know how long he will be able to hold the title at 36, but either way WOOOOO awesome lol.

I'm playing as Bellator in Modern Warriors 2. I just started my first ever reality show with Heavyweights. I just created my own Massive PPV broadcaster and should be able to make a deal with Rogers Sportsnet to continue having coverage in Canada. I broke the bank though. I have 400k left but I expect the first PPV will more than solve that problem.

Just had my biggest upset so far! Rufus Stephens had been a great company man for me which included taking a fight against Guillermo Morales at Light Heavyweight to save an event. He eventually won the GAMMA welterweight title from rival Nathan Chambers. Stephens was set to defend the belt against Bobby Brubaker when Brubaker went down with an injury a few days out from the fight. I pulled 25th ranked Evan Pizzarro from his prelim fight and had him challenge for the title as he was the best fit. Pizzarro won by split decision in a hell of a fight!

I'm using a real world mod, I'm halfway through July.

Heavyweight - Velasquez just unified the belts, Overeem dominated Dos Santos, but not much happening other than that.

Light Heavyweight - Jones will fight Rumble now, while Cormier beat Davis. I also had Nogueira vs Shogun 2, with Lil Nog winning.

Middleweight - I had Weidman and Belfort coach on TUF, and have them fight just now. Weidman won via a dominant decision, other than that not much interesting things, as I booked Jacare in a warm up - keep busy fight.

Welterweight - This is the division that gives me the most headache probably. I had Lawler vs MacDonald scheduled, then Lawler got injured, and since the co-main event was quite weak, I asked Woodley to step in to fight MacDonald. Rory won but now is suspended for 5 months so I'll have to wait until December - January to book them up. Meanwhile Condit is being active and Hendricks returned with a win.

Lightweight - Pettis lost the title to Dos Anjos, Alvarez beat Melendez and Cerrone beat Nurmagomedov. Tibau is on a nice win streak also.

Featherweight - Aldo knocked out McGregor quite easily, and with a lack of clear challengers (Lamas beat Mendes but it's only 2 fights since Aldo destroyed him) I moved Aldo up to Lightweight for a one-off fight with Gleison Tibau. Faber beat Edgar and is now fighting Lamas.

Bantamweight - Dillashaw beat Barao in a rematch, while Cruz beat Iuri Alcantara (who stepped in on 4 days notice for Raphael Assuncao) so they will be paired up now. Brad McDonald vs Henry Cejudo will fight in TUF Final.

Flyweight - Horiguchi beat Mighty Mouse by a SD, which is why I will give DJ a shot if he wins one fight. I would give him an immiediate rematch but Dodson defeated Benavidez so he gets the first crack.

Womens BW - Rousey beat Cat quite easily, next for her is most likely Sarah Kaufman.

Womens SW - Esparza beat Jedrzejczyk, not sure of who's next since VanZagant, Penne and Daly are on a nice rolls.

<p>I just hit national with my created company WFA, after my 19th show.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

I currently have 4 weight divisions, and adding the Lightweight Division, which when it's all setup and ready to go, will be my fifth weight division.</p><p> </p><p>

I started in January 2001, and I am now just finishing up 2005. My 20th show will be taking place in December. Here is a brief history recap for my four divisions over the last four years, the Featherweight and Womens Flyweight are my longest standing, with the two Bantamweight divisions being added during the four years.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Featherweight Divison</span></strong></p><p>

The First FW Champion was Lamont Banner, who won a tournament to crown the first champion. However, the current Featherweight Champion is Philip Ziskie, who won it in December 2004, in a fight with Frank Romita for the vacant title, after Anthony Ray Shenkman, who was champion, retired before he could defend it even once. Shenkman had won the title from Easton Frye on his very first title defense, after Frye had won the title from Lamont Banner. Ziskie has one title defense so far, where he beat Sammy Gaffigan to retain, redeeming the loss he suffered in 1998 in the now defunct XCC. I am currently preparing to give Lamont Banner a title shot, as he's beaten Ziskie in the past, but Ziskie's next challenge will be Markus Waller. Banner has beaten Ziskie, and Waller has beaten Banner in the past, so either way, one man will have something to prove when Banner gets his shot vs. the Winner.</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong>Bantamweight</strong></span></p><p>

The Bantamweight division got its start in the WFA in December 2003. KDM FC was the only company with a Bantamweight division in the world after XCC went out of business in June 2002. The WFA looked to bring back the Bantamweights to North America. Willy Bassett was the XCC Bantamweight Champion when it went under, so naturally he was in the first ever title match, where he beat Brian Claremont. Bassett is currently the #4 P4P fighter in the world, and he's going to be getting his first international challenge when he defends against Lito Alcala, who was the KDMFC Bantamweight Champion when the WFA signed him to an exclusive deal.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Women's Bantamweight</span></strong></p><p>

The Women's Bantamweight division also got it's start in December 2003. The current and only champion so far has been Katy-Jayne Paulson. She's made 2 defenses so far, and her next challenge is Rain Richards who is looking to redeem her loss to Paulson from back in December 2003. She's had two years to prepare for this moment. After the Richards vs Paulson fight, Carmen Routhwaite will be facing the winner.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Women's Flyweight</span></strong></p><p>

The Women's Flyweight division has been with the WFA since it's inception. The first and only champion is Charlotte DiSerra, who had won a tournament to crown the first champion. She beat Ramona Stivic in the finals to become the first champion, after Stivic got a bye into the finals after her loss to Shannon Palmer was turned into a NC because of Palmer's PED usage. Palmer proceeded to lose her next two bouts and was cut from the WFA. Palmer has returned to the WFA, her first fight since May 2003 will be at WFA 20 against Violet Benes, who lost to Palmer back at WFA 1. DiSerra has made four successful title defenses.</p><p> </p><p>

------</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">WFA Featherweight Top 10</span></strong></p><p>

1. Philip Ziskie </p><p>

2. Easton Frye</p><p>

3. Luiz Machado </p><p>

4. Frank Romita</p><p>

5. Lamont Banner</p><p>

6. Sammy Gaffigan </p><p>

7. David James Diggle</p><p>

8. Wallace Everett </p><p>

9. Markus Waller</p><p>

10. Alejandro Laguera</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">WFA Bantamweight Top 10</span></strong></p><p>

1. Willy Bassett</p><p>

2. Brian Claremont</p><p>

3. Ollie Rockmetteller</p><p>

4. Roddy Wickham </p><p>

5. D'Arcy Spode </p><p>

6. Gus Waters</p><p>

7. Mitchell Bryan</p><p>

8. Stiffy Little</p><p>

9. Zach Steggles </p><p>

10. Riveron Potter-Pirbright</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">WFA Women's Bantamweight Top 10</span></strong></p><p>

1. Katy-Jayne Paulson </p><p>

2. Leona Deschanel </p><p>

3. Rain Richards</p><p>

4. Carmen Routhwaite</p><p>

5. Andrea Jones</p><p>

6. Dorothy Gayle</p><p>

7. Suzanne Elder</p><p>

8. Alicia Fothergill</p><p>

9. Monica Masters</p><p>

10. Diandra Moreau</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">WFA Women's Flyweight Top 10</span></strong></p><p>

1. Charlotte DiSerra</p><p>

2. Natasha Mellow</p><p>

3. Joi Bartlett</p><p>

4. Jessica Herbig</p><p>

5. Clare Peyton</p><p>

6. Toni Dietrich</p><p>

7. Ramona Stivic</p><p>

8. Violet Benes</p><p>

9. Evelia Bryant</p><p>

10. Alyssa Taylor</p>

Efren Luat has defended the title 4 times in GAMMA, bringing some stability to the SHW division. The last was a Split Draw against a 5-0 up-and-comer I stole from ALPHA. Gave him a shot since other top contenders lost their last match or were out for months.

The challenger was ranked #7 at the time but rocketed up to #3 with his shocking performance. Will probably do an immediate rematch.

Efren Luat has defended the title 4 times in GAMMA, bringing some stability to the SHW division. The last was a Split Draw against a 5-0 up-and-comer I stole from ALPHA. Gave him a shot since other top contenders lost their last match or were out for months.

The challenger was ranked #7 at the time but rocketed up to #3 with his shocking performance. Will probably do an immediate rematch.

Yea, you pretty much have to.

So.

Coltrane Aaronson beat Duane Weatherly and Jamie Hewitt (again) to reach the final of my tournament to crown a new XCC Lightweight champion. The final match against Carl Chenoweth was made for the second week of March 2004, as the semi-main of Bassett vs. Claremont II.

In the first week of January, Aaronson signed with GAMMA.

So guess who's not fighting for the title in March?

I immediately canceled the fight and re-booked it as Chenoweth vs. Kenny Magilton, who's ranked No. 2. Aaronson's been relegated to the prelims.

In better news, Wallace Everett is the new Featherweight champion after knocking out Easton Frye in the 4th round in December. That fight would have happened earlier, but OMEGA booked them in a main event in July and they fought to a draw. A draw. IN OMEGA.

Who the hell is Steven Wu? OK, he started off my game as a 1-0 kid who just got his first KO. So, based on instinct, I threw him Floyd Haywood. He knocked out Floyd with a kick. Sensing I might have something, I gave him two cans: Nicky Shapiro(18-14) and Melvin Custard (8-6). He KO'd Nicky and TKO'd Melvin.

So then GAMMA came calling and he was stolen. In his first matchup he was faced up against Fiyero Lermotov (16-1, he lost to Helio in his GAMMA debut). He was an ENORMOUS underdog( Lermotov:-1200, Wu:+950). At 4-0, I didn't think a 23 yr old could beat one of the top lightweights in the game. Boy was I wrong! He won the fight by unanimous decision(29-27,29-27,29-27).

After his huge victory, GAMMA matched Wu up with Frankie Geddon(10-1, I never heard of the guy. Wu destroyed Frankie, ultimately winning by Submission(Kimura).

At this point 'The Man with No Nickname' Sean Morrison (32-6) was coming off losses to Brandon Sugar(30-4) and Luis Basora(24-6). So GAMMA was trying to give Sean an easy win with Steven Wu(Morrison:-780,Wu:+620). The first round was a round that both put in some punches(and kicks), commentator said it could go either way but he gave it to Morrison. Wu was bleeding at the end of the round. At the very start of round 2 Morrison tackles Wu to the ground. He lies on his back the whole round and defended well against submission attempts. Wu was somehow given the round. (I am thinking Emmanuel Newton vs McGeary right now). Round 3 was all Morrison, as he took down Wu in the beginning and pounded him the whole 5 minutes. Commentator says 10-9 round for Morrison.

So it goes to decision:

Benjamin Milligan III gives it 29-28 Morrison

Gregory C James scores the contest at 29-28 Wu

Edward Wilde:29-28 Wu!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wu had just beaten his 2nd legend in a year! I don't think Wu deserved to beat Morrison, and frankly the judges screwed Morrison, but Wu beat him. It was incredible for me to see this 24 yr old kid beat them.

However, I don't see Wu's success continuing. This is the top 10 in the division of GAMMA (September 2003):

1. Helio(21-1)

2. Luis Basora(25-6)

3. Brandon Sugar(31-5)

4. Jack Keane(28-5)

5. Atep of Indonesia(15-1)

6. Sean Morrison(32-7)

7. Luke Hilton(14-2)

8. Fiyero Lermontov(16-2)

9. Ross Smith(11-2)

10. Bruce Steven(21-11)

Wu is #11 (7-0).

On August 17th, 2002, at GAMMA 59 in Hartford, Connecticut, the most dominant man in mixed martial arts put his aura--and his title--on the line. "The King of Ground-and-Pound" James Foster, fresh off a dominant win over Hassan Fezzik, stepped into the cage against a GAMMA newcomer, Frenchman Terron Cabal, the self-proclaimed "Baddest Man in MMA," who stepped in after Foster's opponent Lefter "The Beast" Oktay was forced out of the match due to injury. Cabal took the fight on four weeks' notice.

Garth Ward announces the fighters. They touch gloves to start.

Eleven seconds later, it's over. Three punches from Cabal land--two lefts to the head and then a right hook to the ribs that puts Foster down on the canvas. Foster doesn't even get a swing in. Cabal turns and walks away and GAMMA's got a new heavyweight champion. He really is the baddest in the world.

(OOC: First time I've ever seen a walkaway KO on a body shot in the first round. A total of 3 punches landed in the fight, 2 jabs and the one power punch by Cabal. 11 seconds.

Do I give Foster an immediate rematch or do I give Lefter Oktay a shot? Oktay dominated Rav Kapur to win the #1 contendership but got hurt, which is what forced Cabal (originally scheduled to fight Hassan Fezzik at GAMMA 58: Dean vs. Garner 3--Redemption) into the fight. I feel like Lefter deserves it. He's 3-0 since coming to GAMMA, all against top-10 HWs. But this was just such a fluke KO.)

What the hell. Daniel Hornsby just beat Niko Soldo in a fight that was supposed to put Soldo over more as the BCF champion. Hornsby outwrestled him for 5 rounds and got the decision, although he was worse at everything, including wrestling, than Soldo.

I guess this fulfills Hornsby's long time dream of finally winning the championship, and he's more popular in the UK than Soldo, but that's WEIRD.

On August 17th, 2002, at GAMMA 59 in Hartford, Connecticut, the most dominant man in mixed martial arts put his aura--and his title--on the line. "The King of Ground-and-Pound" James Foster, fresh off a dominant win over Hassan Fezzik, stepped into the cage against a GAMMA newcomer, Frenchman Terron Cabal, the self-proclaimed "Baddest Man in MMA," who stepped in after Foster's opponent Lefter "The Beast" Oktay was forced out of the match due to injury. Cabal took the fight on four weeks' notice.

Garth Ward announces the fighters. They touch gloves to start.

Eleven seconds later, it's over. Three punches from Cabal land--two lefts to the head and then a right hook to the ribs that puts Foster down on the canvas. Foster doesn't even get a swing in. Cabal turns and walks away and GAMMA's got a new heavyweight champion. He really is the baddest in the world.

(OOC: First time I've ever seen a walkaway KO on a body shot in the first round. A total of 3 punches landed in the fight, 2 jabs and the one power punch by Cabal. 11 seconds.

Do I give Foster an immediate rematch or do I give Lefter Oktay a shot? Oktay dominated Rav Kapur to win the #1 contendership but got hurt, which is what forced Cabal (originally scheduled to fight Hassan Fezzik at GAMMA 58: Dean vs. Garner 3--Redemption) into the fight. I feel like Lefter deserves it. He's 3-0 since coming to GAMMA, all against top-10 HWs. But this was just such a fluke KO.)

You say fluke, someone else watching though would say easy win. A finish is a finish. I'd say go with Oktay, and give Foster a chance to get a big win to get back in the running.

You say fluke, someone else watching though would say easy win. A finish is a finish. I'd say go with Oktay, and give Foster a chance to get a big win to get back in the running.

Yeah, that's what I'm doing. Foster's on the same card against Khru Dangjuan, who's 2-0 in GAMMA and ranked 14th (to Foster's 5th), but very talented.

Carter Potter lost the BCF heavyweight title to Aleksander Ivanov in August of 2002 by unanimous decision. It was a dominant showing from Ivanov, but Potter was still pretty competitive inside the distance. Now in May 2003 I'm trying to book the rematch as Potter had a Great-rated victory over Percy Catcher, but he refuses to take the fight because of the 21lbs weight difference. It wasn't a problem the first time when he was the one defending the title.

I have no other clear-cut contenders as of yet. What to do? And what to do with Potter? Though I'm a bit disappointed I won't be able to sell the rematch, which would be the biggest fight, it's an interesting dilemma.

Archived