The Official ThunderVerse Discussion Thread

How did I miss this whole chain of comments?! :p

Throwing my hat onto the Thunderverse being default pile. I'll stray to CVerse and RW but to me, Thunderverse is always home.

Nedew - Hail Thunder is totally Tundra & Terry Thunder's very very short lived team name. :p

Markw - No logo as of yet, Magic MHero Ball says ask again later.

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For what it is worth, when the first ThunderVerse mod came out (as the jhdVerse as it happens), QAW was still a Yet to Debut promotion in the Cverse so the similarities are entirely coincidental :)

Hehe, fair enough. I don't really think the promotions are all that similar, but for me it was a good introduction to the T-Verse, because it felt a bit familiar. I'm only about a year in so I haven't ventured out any further into the T-Verse then AWW.

How did I miss this whole chain of comments?! :p

Throwing my hat onto the Thunderverse being default pile. I'll stray to CVerse and RW but to me, Thunderverse is always home.

Nedew - Hail Thunder is totally Tundra & Terry Thunder's very very short lived team name. :p

Markw - No logo as of yet, Magic MHero Ball says ask again later.

Ah right, cheers.

You can add me to the Thunderverse>everything else group, I play a one year CZCW game whenever a new TEW comes out but that's about the only time I use the Cornellverse now.

Appreciate the kind words.

My issue with Jess Hart is that she won't re-sign, so I have to book her carefully in the next year before she leaves (unless I bump up in size and maybe she stays). Chelsea Lane has been my primary money maker outside of Hart.

I LOVE playing as AWW. I fixed the Jess Hart signing issue with the editor :D. And the only reason I did that was I had just put the belt on her and her contract came up. And there was no way I was losing my top wrestler so quickly, now I may end up reducing her contract length to counteract this. One thing I did fairly quickly was getting into working arrangements with any company that I shared talent with, just to avoid the possibility of losing anyone while I was trying to build the company.

• 2 weeks later...
At Wrestlefest, Derrick Rollins defeated Drake Richards in a Double Cage match for the World title. Eli Morton (a member of The Crew with Richards) turned on Richards and helped Rollins win. After the match, Rollins, Morton, and the 24/7 Express beat down Richards and Chaperone's failed save attempt and kicked them out of The Crew.

Started a PWI game today and taking some time to set things up such as development fed, new PPV agreements and finalising some storyline plans. One thing I've noticed is that none of the starting roster have non compete clauses, meaning they can essentially walk out whenever they're unhappy. I always add non compete clauses when signing people so that I can pretty much decide when they leave, but just wondered if not including this for the starting roster was intentional?

If nobody minds, I need some assistance with some names for The Club.

One thing i need are names for two big events on june and december respectively

another is the fact I plan to repackage and rename Fumihiko Osagari and Naonubu Anami who are going to be allies to Yokai Dragon but i am stuck on weather I am going to keep them unmasked or not, either way though I plan to give them new names and maybe a stable name for Yokai Dragon and the tag team who is gonna be repackaged? they are going to be a mysterious/underworld themed stable, underworld as in dark, same theme as Yokai Dragon if that makes sense

PS: I also posted this in the mod section of the TEW 2013 thread but thinking about it im unsure if that was the right place to ask it so im reposting my question here. sorry if i annoyed anyone by posting the same question in different threads at once :(

If nobody minds, I need some assistance with some names for The Club.

One thing i need are names for two big events on june and december respectively

another is the fact I plan to repackage and rename Fumihiko Osagari and Naonubu Anami who are going to be allies to Yokai Dragon but i am stuck on weather I am going to keep them unmasked or not, either way though I plan to give them new names and maybe a stable name for Yokai Dragon and the tag team who is gonna be repackaged? they are going to be a mysterious/underworld themed stable, underworld as in dark, same theme as Yokai Dragon if that makes sense

PS: I also posted this in the mod section of the TEW 2013 thread but thinking about it im unsure if that was the right place to ask it so im reposting my question here. sorry if i annoyed anyone by posting the same question in different threads at once :(

I'm pretty terrible with event names I'm afraid, but for your renaming/repackaging question, take a look at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_legendary_creatures_from_Japan.

I used it to come up with Yokai Dragon's character originally and there's a whole bunch of options on there that should fit your stable concept.

After pretty much scuttling my CWT dynasty after hearing about TEW2016's imminent arrival, I've been dabbling in some GBWF and I find it very interesting. I hop right into the existing power structure using Reginald Evans as my user character, which gives me a few interesting conundrums.

1. How do I deal with my d-bag son Ash? I had Darren Williams and him win Commonwealth Cup 2014, but it will just serve to drive them further toward the inevitable breakup and feud mentioned in Williams' bio.
  2. How do I work the Commonwealth Cup? I see it as a way for Evans to make good on the mentioning in Charles Ravensdale's bio about establishing more inter-promotional links. I signed working agreements with GNW and Total-ONE, seeing as though Canada and Australia are indeed members of the Commonwealth. I brought in each companies' respective tag champs (Manitoba Wrecking Crew for GNW, Omega Boyz for Total-ONE) for the Commonwealth Cup.
  3. How do I try to restore GBWF's former place of prominence? I am running only the four major events that are the defaults in the data, each tagged with the year to signify their prominence. On the off months, I'm running events branded as GBWF Live! I'm hoping to build up enough popularity and prestige in a year or so to resurrect the old Saturday Afternoon Wrestling TV show on either BritSports 1 or 2. I've done enough Wikipedia-ing to know that's where the old World of Sports wrestling used to air, so I thought it seemed like a good goal to shoot for.

The announcement of TEW2016 peaked my interest in TEW again. I don't really have the heart to run a diary right now, but I am happy to say that I've got a game that I'm pretty happy with.

The Premise: My user character, James Heatly, set up 10 charity shows over the course of the second half of 2014 with Mid City High School (i.e. Wrestling For Shoes). For a reason unknown to him, every single promotion that he tried talking to about sending over workers for those shows backed out. Stuck between a rock and a hard place James decides to go into business for himself, setting up Great Lakes Wrestling (15% overness in Great Lakes).

Rules: Can't hire anyone from a promotion that has more Importance than GLW (initial roster must be unemployed). Re-signings are ok as are signing between companies that I have alliances/working deals with.

Early Notes: After years of spending money on someone like Rodney Swick to be my road agent/color commentator, I decided to just let my wrestlers be their own agents. It's worked out swimmingly. I've also been really lucky with this run as I've been picking up a good amount of chemistry notes between the rosters including my announce team of Jorge Gil (a young generated announcer) and Hannah Gold.

Running Two Shows A Month: So running two shows a month really hasn't been the problem that I thought it might be. I started small with a roster of 16 workers (12 men and 4 women), adding in a handful of competitors in September and October to round out the main cast. From a storyline perspective, I ended up booking the company in a style to current day PWG. The first three months were booked as double shots with some light built up between matches from the first show to the next, but most of the angles were just the wrestlers introducing themselves to the fans and some light banter.

The surprising thing was just how well the shows were coming out. The Great Lakes is probably the WORST place to start in the T-Verse as the game throws you into a seven company regional battle from day one. The first two months placed GLW right were I thought we'd be with the roster - 4th after the CWT, The Club, and PWSUX. However, October changed everything after a "throw away" main event between Kris Phoenix and Kris Bryant netted the company a high C+ and a C card high enough to put Great Lakes Wrestling into 2nd place for the month (less than a point from being first).

The next two months became an exercise in roster management as I added even more workers to put together a 16 man World Title Tournament. And for the first time, GLW had wrestlers who were actually employed! Of course those wrestlers would only be there for the tournament (1 to 3 shot contracts), but the additions helped stack the cards of the four final shows of the year. Though it was the show with the least amount of short term contracts that netted me the most amount of joy...

GLW Wrestling for Gold, Night Two

Saturday, Week 4, November 2014

SELL OUT at Mid City High School

Note: Worker overness post match is listed in parentheses.

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Kris Phoenix (58) defeated Crimson Matsuka (40) in 16:10 by pinfall with a From The Ashes. Kris Phoenix moves on to the finals of the GLW World title tournament. - C+

Elix Storm and J.T. Rush start to cut a backstage promo about how in the first show in GLW's history, the duo faced off against Eddy Orion & Kris Bryant in a losing effort. They say this time it will be different before being interrupted by their opponents - Eddy Orion and an irate Kris Bryant. Orions tells Storm and Rush that tonight will be the same as it was back in August, with them starring up at the brightest stars that GLW. Bryant just mutters that he shouldn't even be here right now (note: Bryant lost in the GLW World tournament semi-finals to Kris Phoenix). - D-

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Ana Aguila (12) and Dana Mokoena (16) defeated Kimberly Knight (5) and Princesa Pantera (4) in 5:52 when Ana Aguila defeated Princesa Pantera by submission with a Spider Submission. - D-

In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, Seven Brandt (50) defeated Richie Santana Jr (46) in 16:59 by pinfall with a Seventh Sign. Seven Brandt moves on to the finals of the GLW World title tournament. - C+

Kris Phoenix had an interview with James Heatly hyping his upcoming singles match with Seven Brandt. Phoenix says that he's locked up with Brandt before and knows he's a fantastic competitor, but "GLW is my home. And I'm dead set on being its first champion." - C-

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Bryan Mitchell (33) defeated Buzzard (11), Jimmy Walker (26) and Seung Zhi (11) in 11:48 when Bryan Mitchell defeated Buzzard by submission with The Mitchell Lock. - D

Captain Olympia II had an interview with James Heatly hyping his upcoming singles match with Johnny Cross. Olympia says that his time in GLW hasn't been everything that he'd thought it would be. But Olympia vows to make 2014 end on a high note, with a win against SWA's ace, Johnny Cross. - D

In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Captain Olympia II (29) defeated Johnny Cross (N/A) in 16:28 by pinfall with an Epic Knee Smash. - D

Seven Brandt had an interview with Hannah Gold hyping his upcoming singles match with Kris Bryant. Seven rips the microphone from Hannah's hand and starts to rant about how he's going to show Kris Phoenix that he's the not only the better man, but also that he should have been the one that GLW's brass should have called back in August. (note: Seven was hired on a full time contract during November) - C-

In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Elix Storm (26) & J.T. Rush (26) defeated Eddy Orion (19) & K Bryant (25) in 14:12 when Elix Storm defeated Eddy Orion by pinfall with an Eye of the Storm. - C-

Hannah Gold and James Heatly come out for two announcements. First the duo thank everyone for their donations throughout the year and then thank Mid City High School for housing us throughout the infancy of the company. After thanking the crowd, Hannah and James reveal the GLW World title. - C+

In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, Kris Phoenix (58) defeated Seven Brandt (50) in 23:47 by pinfall with a From The Ashes. Kris Phoenix wins the GLW World title. - B-

Overall: C+

Unused Wrestlers: Black Beetle (14), Blue Beetle (14), Blue Phoenix (11), Gold Phoenix (10), Jennifer Kelly (18), Sabine Maier (7)

Great Lakes Battle: GLW, CWT, The Club, AAW, PWSUX, POW, BCW

Overview for December 2014

Overness [GL]: 20.4% to 22.2%

Balance: $18,863 to $20,360

Prestige: 13.7% to 15.9%

Momentum: 11.9% to 15.7%

Importance: 26/48 to 26/48

Influence: 48/48 to 40/48

I should also note that AI Kris Phoenix has played into the narrative whole-heartedly, picking up note one, not two, but three proteges in Black Beetle, J.T. Rush, and Buzzard. He also helping carry Fire Kingdom Pro Wrestling into a powerhouse of a company as their champion as well.

Fun times. :D

Note: Any additional updates will be found in the "What's going on in your game?" thread.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="wipeout1024" data-cite="wipeout1024" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="39660" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Just wondering, does anybody have tips for AWW? I'm currently on the second month, and my first show got a 51. Is there anybody in particular I should hire, or something like that?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I haven't played AWW, so someone might have a bit more experience, but here are some tips:</p><p> </p><ul><li><strong>Run two shows a month:</strong> The company is pretty close to being Regional and you have $250,000 in the bank. You also have a ton of companies that you are competing with. By running two shows, you will ensure that the company continues to grow in size (AWW is pretty close to Regional), give more matches for your workers to improve their skills/overness, and will give you more chances to have a better event rating for the Regional Battle. <br></li><li> <strong>You are playing the long game:</strong> While better than most mods, women are just not as plentiful as men. Because of this, you are going to need to build up workers in terms of overness (and to a lesser extent skill). Along with proper booking/storylines, the best way to create overness is through domination victories and just having hyper talented workers. For domination victories to work, you need females with 74.1 or higher charisma and either a high level of menace and a brute gimmick or a high level of athleticism and a legitimate gimmick.</li></ul><p></p><p> </p><p> Doing a quick scan off the game world, I would look into bringing in Mai-Li Kato, Dana, African Warrior Princess, and Mio Enoki to the roster. All three should be able to effectively dominate their ways to being over with the crowd, which you would then use to get over the other members of the roster.</p>

Just wondering, does anybody have tips for AWW? I'm currently on the second month, and my first show got a 51. Is there anybody in particular I should hire, or something like that?

I'm agree with foolinc.

I did a good run with AWW once (2-3 years), and I used to book the company like SHIMMER with 2 shows in 2 back-to-back days. (2 on 1 days for SHIMMER, but I chose the closest possible)

I went regional in less than 6 in-game months and was on my way to cult when I stopped.

The menacing WMD was basically my n°1, undefeated during 2 years, while Jess Gilmour-Hart was my n°2.

Why Jess Hart n°2 though she is basically the best in the roster ? Because she was too popular to resign with me at first, and I wanted to use her skills to enhance other workers. So, she basically feuded with every newcomers that I liked.

I could finally sign her then to a PPA-contract, but I used her as a tag-team partner for Cassidy Hart before Jess jumped to AJJ with a written contract.

I fact, you can consider that Jess is too popular for AWW.

So, sign her to a written contract whenever you can if you intent to use her as your flag worker.

Concerning workers I would hire :

- Cassidy Gilmour-Hart like I said. She may just be a Hart by a distant marriage, but her training with Jess has paid off. Plus, it's a good bonus for your backstage rating.

- Mai-Li Kato is a big yes ! She's, without a doubt, the top prospect in the database including both men and women. I sign her whenever I can when I play with a company where women can wrestle. She was the one who detroned WMD in my game.

- Dana, African Warrior Princess and her tag-team partner Teela, Amazon Warrior Princess. A stable with those two as enforcers for the already massive WMD is unstoppable.

- Kellie Swimmer. Just to put her in a team with Ayame Joshuyo. Those who know SHIMMER will see how imaginative I am.

Just wondering, does anybody have tips for AWW? I'm currently on the second month, and my first show got a 51. Is there anybody in particular I should hire, or something like that?

Both Lionhart's and foolinc's ideas are great. One of the first things I did when I played as AWW was to get into working agreements with any company that I shared workers with. Just as a way to avoid potential talent raids later.

Archived