TEW2016 Pre-Release & Journal Discussion

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just want to start this by saying thank you to Adam Ryland for his hard work. As always every iteration, I am looking forward to the new features that will be showing up in this edition. I put my faith in the hard work of Adam Ryland and his team. Looking forward to seeing how the Cornellverse is updated for January 2016. Could TCW be bought out by SWF?

Could TCW be bought out by SWF?

Please no! Not that!

Honestly, massive C-verse changes scare me. Not to say change is a bad thing or that the world should be overly static. Its just that the Cverse offers a really great balance of options and challenges. And TCW disappearing would take away one of the most commonly-played promotions. And TCW is a product type you don't really find in real world mods - a national-level American promotion that focuses on in-ring, but still has some characters, and with the talent to make it work. Outside of maybe WCW in the 1988-1990 period, that doesn't really exist.

Omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg

TEW 2016 Hype!!!

I cannot explain my excitement for this game. With the fact that TEW2013 I considered to be a near perfect game the fact that Adam and his team have found a way to make a new game, let alone one with over 500 additions and modifications is absolutely insane. I can't wait untill this comes out in just a few months and it couldn't have come at a better time as I've recently started to get back into TEW 2013 and started uploading videos of it again, can't wait for my first TEW 2016 series. It's gonna be a great ride!!!

Please no! Not that!

Honestly, massive C-verse changes scare me. Not to say change is a bad thing or that the world should be overly static. Its just that the Cverse offers a really great balance of options and challenges. And TCW disappearing would take away one of the most commonly-played promotions. And TCW is a product type you don't really find in real world mods - a national-level American promotion that focuses on in-ring, but still has some characters, and with the talent to make it work. Outside of maybe WCW in the 1988-1990 period, that doesn't really exist.

Also the last update was a 2015 save and they were still company 2. I would say USPW could have been split up and their top stars be in a bidding war between SWF and TCW.

Also the last update was a 2015 save and they were still company 2. I would say USPW could have been split up and their top stars be in a bidding war between SWF and TCW.

There was no official 2015 update to the game world. Only a 2014 one.

This is bad ass. This will be my first "new game" excitement since I was late to the party!

My most burning question is what will SWF's main event scene look like? Bruce, Faith, Vengeance and Rich Money will likely be on their last legs, if not completely done with in ring work. Indy talent to step in and move up, or developmental stars to become upper card fixtures? Questions are endless!

The other big question I have is what the Indy scene looks like. I can only assume the top Indy stars will have signed with big promotions, the big 3 in the US, Canada's top 2 and BHOTWG (I fully expect PGHW to be a lesser promotion with the age of their top guys.)

So so so excited.

There was no official 2015 update to the game world. Only a 2014 one.

Sorry about that. Still don't think TCW would far that fall. The only explanation would be that someone like Russo took over TCW and drove them to the ground. If Adam were to make TCW divebomb, hew should at least give the players a chance to save them for eminent failure.

Sorry about that. Still don't think TCW would far that fall. The only explanation would be that someone like Russo took over TCW and drove them to the ground. If Adam were to make TCW divebomb, hew should at least give the players a chance to save them for eminent failure.

They start the game with $2,500,000 and must be giving out big contracts to compete with the SWF & USPW. Not saying they should but I'd have thought they could have quite plausibly ruined themselves through financial mismanagement.

Pleasantly surprised that Adam decided to work on a new TEW version next, instead of a different project. TEW is the only game I wait for and the only game that is an absolutely 1st day buy for me. Can't wait for the Developer's Journal as usual, including to see which features people get most excited about in the forum. Even writing this quick reply builds hype for me :p

Archived