TEW2016 Pre-Release & Journal Discussion

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Will there be preorders for TEW 2016? I always love to when possible.

No, we do not do preorders.

Didn't see anything in the FAQ, but I'm wondering if Adam could confirm that graphics will continue on in the same format as we are used to.

The current dimensions and formats will work in TEW2016.

Adam if I'm building a database in 2013 for use in 2016 is there anything I should be aware of? Is there any area I should no longer bother or focus extra on?

No, there is nothing special to do.

Is it possible to contribute with renders and alts for the new database? Will there be a TEW 2016 render thread?

Renders are taken from the various TEW2013 threads, with the owner's permission of course. If an artist hasn't been contacted by me then I haven't used any of their work to date.

If this game doesn't have the full editor while in game, it is going to be a massive disappointment to me. It is so frustrating when you encounter an issue mid game that you can't resolve with the limited editor. I can't fathom a good reason that you only get partial control during a game and the fact that you can't import your save game from 2013 makes the need even greater.

I can't even believe it. I didn't see this until today. I've had a really bad past few days and this was exactly what I needed to go along with NFL Wildcard weekend. I wasn't sure if TEW2016 would be the next release Adam made but I had hoped for it and I'm glad its happening. To hear that more than 500 features have been added / improved already (before the Dev Journal) is awesome. I can't wait for February to start reading the details. Time to work on my last TEW2013 save game before I start fresh with '16. :D

I can't even believe it. I didn't see this until today. I've had a really bad past few days and this was exactly what I needed to go along with NFL Wildcard weekend. I wasn't sure if TEW2016 would be the next release Adam made but I had hoped for it and I'm glad its happening. To hear that more than 500 features have been added / improved already (before the Dev Journal) is awesome. I can't wait for February to start reading the details. Time to work on my last TEW2013 save game before I start fresh with '16. :D

Where does it say over 500 features? I must've missed that!

If this game doesn't have the full editor while in game, it is going to be a massive disappointment to me. It is so frustrating when you encounter an issue mid game that you can't resolve with the limited editor. I can't fathom a good reason that you only get partial control during a game and the fact that you can't import your save game from 2013 makes the need even greater.

I'll save you waiting months for your disappointment then, it does not have a full editor in-game nor is it likely to given that there's very good coding reasons that it doesn't.

Where does it say over 500 features? I must've missed that!

OK, so I said more than 500 and Adam said close to 500... I tried my best. ;)

FAQ:

Q. What new features are going to be in it?

A. The popular developer's journal will be starting in February; for those who have not seen one before, this is a daily update where I reveal and discuss one or more of the new features. As a guide, there are currently close to 500 additions and modifications that have been made from TEW2013 to TEW2016.

Another that thats a must for TEW!!!

Big companies should be all competing for guys. Like if Champagne Lovers contract was expiring you cant tell me SWF wouldnt go for him or TCW wouldnt either.

Or if Wolf Hawkins was expiring SWF, NOTB, ect wouldnt offer also? I think it would really be a big thing for the game is that was added

Another that thats a must for TEW!!!

Big companies should be all competing for guys. Like if Champagne Lovers contract was expiring you cant tell me SWF wouldnt go for him or TCW wouldnt either.

Or if Wolf Hawkins was expiring SWF, NOTB, ect wouldnt offer also? I think it would really be a big thing for the game is that was added

Please stop treating this thread as a wishlist. Again, we have an entire forum dedicated to that.

I hope this release will have stuff for both gameplay and creative fans.

Gameplay fans relying more on game mechanics.

And creative fans just booking based on their imagination without regard to what the mechanics say they can do.

Creative fans dislike restrictions that don't allow them to book how they want while these restrictions are necessary for balanced gameplay.

Giving the creative fans what they want usually leads to easy gameplay with a large number of ways to game the system(running much more shows than the AI; using the dominate note on anyone with B- charisma or above; running tons of angles to boost stats) whereas giving the gameplay fans what the want leads to creative fans complaining that it restricts their creativity(repetitive match booking penalty; cap on sex sells angles; generally anything that would punish someones booking style).

So hopefully this game finds a way to please both player camps so that there's not a way for the player to easily surpass the AI if he knows game mechanics and that the game doesn't provide too many limitations for fantasy bookers.

The Total Extreme Wrestling Series always has my Money. The Pay/Play ratio makes this game the best value for money EVER!. I play almost every day, 1-4 hours a day. Thanks to mods, the game feels like its never outdated. Sure there are a few additions i would like to see in TEW 2013, but over all its still a damn good game that just about keeps up with the real world.

This is how I feel. Essentially 35 dollars for the amount of not hours but years I play these games is the best deal I've ever gotten. I have easily averaged well over an hour a day on this since it was released.

This is how I feel. Essentially 35 dollars for the amount of not hours but years I play these games is the best deal I've ever gotten. I have easily averaged well over an hour a day on this since it was released.

I bought a surface for work/grad school and got it on there too, and I play all the time. I have it up while I watch TV or play other games. Book a match or show during study breaks... now if I could just stay focused on one idea at a time.

I love the game, and the value is tremendous. However, between my wife, 2 kids and job I can't play much unless I'm off.

I'll still be putting many hours in the new release though!

I'll save you waiting months for your disappointment then, it does not have a full editor in-game nor is it likely to given that there's very good coding reasons that it doesn't.

Well that is a real shame.I'm sure it will be a great game, but that really does take some of the wind out of my sails. Hopefully this can be done someday in some iteration of the series, because encountering an issue you can't fix during the middle of a long game is frustrating and has probably effected everyone who has played a lengthy game at one point in time.

I didn't see this question anywhere so I'll ask here. Will there be anyway to export our current TEW13 save into a database so that we can then convert it into TEW16? I'll be honest, I'm excited about the news, but I'm also really dedicated to my save right now and would hate to simply give it up.

I didn't see this question anywhere so I'll ask here. Will there be anyway to export our current TEW13 save into a database so that we can then convert it into TEW16? I'll be honest, I'm excited about the news, but I'm also really dedicated to my save right now and would hate to simply give it up.

Nope. Databases will be able to be converted, but not saves (per the FAQ).

Nope. Databases will be able to be converted, but not saves (per the FAQ).

I get that. I meant will we be able export the save into a database in TEW13, and than convert it to TEW16.

I will get 16 either way, but it might determine how long I wait to get it. I might have to go as far as to try and replicate my current data into it's own database.

Archived