TEW2016 Pre-Release & Journal Discussion

This is very exciting. Day one purchase for sure, i'm really excited to see what these 500 improvements might be. I can only think of about five things I would change :)

Now that I am a big fan of the C-verse I can't wait to see what my favourites have been up to.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

extremely excited about this... I'll most likely be buying it day one haha...

im anxious to see what new features will be included, things Im guessing

- streaming tv shows.... due to the rise of hulu and WWE network, netflix, youtube...

- changes in development companies since NXT and WWE have a lot more involvement with each other, such as sharing of wrestlers and refs, announcers, etc.

maybe small things like road agents being able to apart of angles. idk

either way i already know this will be worth the money

Finally, I can stop making assumption about when you'd release another version of TEW. I came to the conclusion that there'd be one in 2015 or 2016. I can't wait to play this one! Please, make booking easier and have storyline templates that follow a set path. Also, will we be able to pre-order the game?

Adam always makes it easier to book with every version, I'd like to have template or repeatable angles so I don't have to use the drop downs every time for my six man stable angles.

Oh my god yes. I like having stables. I like having them cut promos. I hate having to re-populate the same angle every single show. It's one of those things that can make booking so tedious.

I also want a better auto-booker. For most shows, I'd be fine with booking the main and co-main and letting an auto-booker just book the undercard without having to tell it 2v2 midcard or 3v3 upper mid or whatever and have it come out looking like a total disaster.

It could be literally the exact same game with those two improvements to the booking grind and I'd happily purchase it.

My only requests are this:

For the love of God make it easier to

1.For a worker to gain overness for doing an entertainment segment that isn't on TV

2. For a worker to gain overness for winning a match in a promotion that isn't "pure"

I know the hardcore fanbase of the game think this will make it too "easy", but I've played I think literally every version of TEW and nothing made be more frustrated with TEW than trying to play entertainment style company or even just old school territories in TEW and know that no matter what I did I couldn't get guys over without TV.

If you're playing PSW or SCCW or DAVE from the C-Verse or ECW in a real world mod, it was just too F'N hard to gain a friggin inch.

Conversely, if you just play with a pure company, you were handed 6 percentage points of overness for a good match.

Call me a bad player, call me dumb, call me a casual, but please please please make playing traditional wrestling styles just more straight forward this around. Please.

So many times I've wanted to pick TEW back up again, only to put it down, knowing that if I start seriously playing the game again I'll only frustrated when my roster is no more over after 2 years of game time due to the painful barriers put up on non-pure products.

I'm hoping no changing back storylines as I like the freedom we currently have.

Maybe there could be a save utility that makes previous saves usable on the new game?

Obviously, I'll be delaying the work on my TEW Generations mod now until TEW2016.

Definitely want Alliance improvements, especially champions.

New screen resolutions!

Also, I feel PPV carriers need an overhaul. It is currently impossible to simulate real life, because the real PPV carrier system is such a convoluted mess. No idea how to overhaul this, though, because of said convoluted mess. For instance, ECW, a Regional promotion, was shown on inDemand, a very big carrier. Currently impossible in-game. Again, no clue what the fix should be.

Maybe there could be a save utility that makes previous saves usable on the new game?

That would be awesome, really love my current game

Unfortunately, Adam has already answered whether or not this will be possible in the TEW 2016 FAQ (see the last "question)..............

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=532757

That said, I'm personally still very excited for a new TEW.

Until a dedicated TEW2016 forum is launched closer to the game's release please use this thread for all chat about the newly announced game.

Wait what!!!! OMG it's what I've been waiting for so LONG!!!!!!!!!!!

http://img05.deviantart.net/a63c/i/2012/089/c/1/cold_hard_cash_by_tastes_like_fry-d4uh3s5.png

I think that as long as you keep your storyline momentum above a certain threshold, you should not receive penalties for repetitive booking. :)

In other words, running a good storyline should be a solution/fix to the booker's repetitive booking problem.

Please allow us to control a dev company!!

Yes, please! Adam, I sent you a message about developmental territories sometime last year. I was asking if it was possible to send wrestlers down only to train and not appear on shows. Unfortunately, you said it wasn't possible. Users having the ability to control their developmental territory would fix that. I hate sending my rookies down only for them to come back with a bunch of losses.

Archived