What's going on in your game?

Squeeky McClean is starting a racist gimmick where he and "The (White) Supremist" Eric Eisen will start a very racist stable eventually leading to a feud with Remo for the belt. It will likely be as terrible and offensive as it sounds.

I'm not sure if I should laugh at that story or be turned away lol. That's incredibly risque.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if I should laugh at that story or be turned away lol. That's incredibly risque.

After looking at the roster, I might not have them go for Remo and the belt and instead try to build heat until Des Davids gets back from injury to give him a relatively huge feud.

When I went to find a new gimmick for McClean I clicked on the racist gimmick and came up with the idea. The game said that the fans would love the amount of risk that gimmick has. I don't think it could get over in the real world but in the CornellVerse, it just might work!

I've had some fun playing with TCW 2016 and the CornellVerse today. Have had a strong build for Aaron Andrews vs. Rocky Golden for the TCW World Title at Malice in Wonderland.

Unfortunately, trying to work in some younger talent toward the bottom of the card on my shows has been bringing my overall rating down, in part because I kept on the auto "call it in the ring" setting. That didn't turn out very well, but I didn't mind since that is probably realistic to how it would really go.

Seems that the key will be doing what I can to keep other feuds (like Bryan Vessey vs. Sammy Bach and Marc Speed vs. Benny Benson) strong enough so that the minimum 77 heat threshold in at least two of them is met.

I dig the layout and setup. It's my first time playing this series since buying TEW 2010, and I expect to purchase this new game once it officially goes on sale. Nice job.

Just played through the entire two month demo with NOTBPW and I'm really looking forward to continuing this save once the full game is released. I'll be biting my nails for a week though because on the last day of the demo SWF made a contract offer to Steve DeColt and I had to offer him a ridiculous amount of money to try and keep him on board. Here's hoping it worked

So I just lost my TNA game because it wouldn't load so I copied the folder, uninstalled, re-installed, pasted it back, and now it's not showing up. That was an hour's worth of recording down the drain. I am astronomically frustrated right now. I guess this is a sign I should do C-Verse instead. :/

My first ever SWF show didn't go horribly.

TV Opener starts a brawl between Bruce/James/Crippler/Valiant to set up a tag match for the main event (79)

#1 Contender's Match for the NA Title. American Machine defeats Mikey Lau after Squeeky McClean comes to the ring to distract Lau (61)

Squeeky McClean beats Lau down after the match (71)

The Amazing Bumfholes win a Four Corners Tag Match to become #1 Contenders for the tag titles (65, poorly placed work the crowd)

Eric Eisen cuts a promo on Skull DeBones challenging him to a match (80)

Everest squashed K.P. Avatar in a terrible match (35)

Angry Gilmore hypes a #1 Contender's match against Rogue (82)

Angry Gilmore defeats Rogue to become the #1 Contender after Remo botches interference. (75)

Joey Morgan cuts a promo about the new #1 Contender American Machine before his match (73)

Joey Morgan defeats Joe Sexy to retain the NA Title (77)

Remo is backstage and going nuts that Angry Gilmore gets another shot at his title. Remo says that he is determined to find a way to make sure that Gilmore doesn't get anywhere near the title again after this match. (89)

Jack Bruce and Valiant defeat Brandon James and The Crippler in the main event (81)

Overall show grade: 81. Increased popularity in three regions (I assume Mexico)

Well right now I'm watching my figure head Rocky Golden effectiveness slowly deteriorate attendances were 10% up, then 8% and now 6%. Merch was 30% then 15% and now 10%. Not sure if I'm booking him awful or if he just doesn't have enough to maintain the level he was initially at...either way it's not looking good.

Edit: Also Laurel Wreath just quit SNP after being sexually harassed by Mark Carnie....Oh Boy.

I made my own regional promotion and joined COTT. I was tempted to have Clark Alexander win the COTT title right away, but I decided against it and instead had Nicolas Lopez intentionally get himself DQ'd to retain the title, then post-match angle celebrate in the crowd for retaining.

Also, don't sign Texas Pete guys, he was not only drunk during his match he was also high. He is my first ever champion in my promotion, he did send me an email after my show and said to push El Mitico Jr hard, so I guess that is who is going to bury Pete after Pete drops the title to Clark Alexander at my next show.

EDIT: Yeah, seriously, don't sign Texas Pete... or anyone with drugs or alcohol issues, because everyone involved in the match with them will email you annoyed and get a morale hit... and OLLIE just took Texas Pete on loan, I just hope he doesn't make me look bad...

One week into my game with CGC and USPW have stolen Ricky DeColt :(

Happened to me too. I immediately had Thrill Seeker beat him to win their series... and Ricky ruptured his spleen in the match. So all in all I'm okay with how things went.

CGC aren't in too much trouble. I quite like the roster cleanout. Chandler, Johnson, Deeley & Trent out. More room for others to shine. Thrill Seeker & Gargantuan are guys I never really got to grips with before.

I only managed one show with 21CW last night and it tanked. Most matches were ok but Tommy Cornell and DJ Reason only got a 64 in the main event.

I'm torn on what to do with 21CW. Common sense says turn Tommy face and make him the figurehead but the Cornell family storyline is too interesting to just sweep aside.

I only managed one show with 21CW last night and it tanked. Most matches were ok but Tommy Cornell and DJ Reason only got a 64 in the main event.

I'm torn on what to do with 21CW. Common sense says turn Tommy face and make him the figurehead but the Cornell family storyline is too interesting to just sweep aside.

I just finished booking my second show for my Regional US company, and my main event scored 46 ... not bad for Clark Alexander vs a drunk Texas Pete, right? (Yes, he was drunk AGAIN. At least this time he wasn't both drunk AND high.)

I don't know if it's worth the risk even jobbing him out at this point, does being drunk increase botch chance?

Just booked TCWs first PPV of the year and holy cow were there alot of people who were not too happy about being left off the show. If i didn't need such a big roster I'd fire them all, complain about being left off shows with no paycheck. No I'm not bitter.

Started with SWF

Signed Frankie Perez, Samoan Machine, Rhino Umaga, Greg Gauge, Gargantuan (renamed Dave Girard), Fro Sure, and MARAT KHOKLOV!!! and he is a normal worker (did not add any extras). I am way ahead of USPW and TCW on star quality in the national battles :)

Lost out on Kirk Jameson to USPW

Brought up Spencer Spade from RIPW

Had a 81 rated first show with Jack Bruce defeating John Greed in the main event. He was beaten down once again by The Crippler post match, despite a clearing the air conversation earlier in the show with both men apologising for not being there/taking out frustrations.

Just booked my first ever 21CW show and this was the outcome.

http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b488/Steven_Whyte/21CW1_zpsjsh3sund.jpg

Very happy with that. Althought it's odd to think that 80's are the minimum you need now for 21CW. Will be a big adjustment.

Storylines going forward will be Tommy Cornell vs Harry Wilson and Dark Angel (user) vs Edward Cornell for the World Title. These 2 storylines will continue to crossover with each other with The Cornell's vs Angel & Wilson. Almost families feuding vs each other if you will.

The second storyline is Jonathan Faust vs Adam Matravers & Kevin Jones.

Faust's dark character has become almost Wyatt-esque as he's enlisted Nightmare & War Machine to his ranks to conquer the babyfaces and then go on to conquer and rule 21CW.

Marat Khoklov is unknown in the UK. He's on the decline but I feel I can build him up to be of some use in a hurry.

Hopefully this'll be a C-Verse save I finally stick with once the full game drops next week.

Fantasy booking in my head I'm probably intending to keep Cornell heel for long enough that I can do a program vs Dark Angel (time decline be damned) which, even if it doesn't technically qualify for icon vs icon in-game (I haven't tested to check) is pretty much that. You've got arguably the two most famous UK workers of all time, neither of whom have really crossed paths before now finally getting to meet in a UK promotion that is actually make a buzz in the wider world... it's a story that almost writes itself even without running a variation of the Sting/Hollywood Hogan feud with Dark Angel stalking Cornell.

So in the mean time have the Dark Angel vs Faust storyline play out with Dark Angel going over and the Cornell Family storyline play out, probably with Matravers winning the title (possibly due to Dark Angel distracting Tommy in some way?) before moving them onwards.

The issue, which you hint at, is that 21CW doesn't really have anyone lined up to be a figurehead outside of Tommy. In fluff terms Adam Matravers is probably the best bet but in mechanical terms he lacks the star quality and charisma to really take it on. Kevin Jones is in an even worse position. Longer terms perhaps a Martinez face turn (if you can increase his charisma a bit) and looking beyond that maybe stepping one of Wade Orson or Leigh Burton up... but by then you can probably have turned Cornell face and used him instead.

Just booked my first ever 21CW show and this was the outcome.

http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b488/Steven_Whyte/21CW1_zpsjsh3sund.jpg

Very happy with that. Althought it's odd to think that 80's are the minimum you need now for 21CW. Will be a big adjustment.

Storylines going forward will be Tommy Cornell vs Harry Wilson and Dark Angel (user) vs Edward Cornell for the World Title. These 2 storylines will continue to crossover with each other with The Cornell's vs Angel & Wilson. Almost families feuding vs each other if you will.

The second storyline is Jonathan Faust vs Adam Matravers & Kevin Jones.

Faust's dark character has become almost Wyatt-esque as he's enlisted Nightmare & War Machine to his ranks to conquer the babyfaces and then go on to conquer and rule 21CW.

Marat Khoklov is unknown in the UK. He's on the decline but I feel I can build him up to be of some use in a hurry.

Hopefully this'll be a C-Verse save I finally stick with once the full game drops next week.

Wow, you nailed it. I'm looking forward to having another go tonight.

Currently modding the 1987 mod that was put out. Right now it is actually pretty playable. A few things like broadcasters needs to be updated but by the end of the week I should begin playing my long-term 87 game. I plan on taking it in a new direction this time though.

Currently working on getting NJPW and AJPW to be more competitive and updating what needs to be updated. I don't plan to update the moves section though.

Other things I'm still figuring out.

Fantasy booking in my head I'm probably intending to keep Cornell heel for long enough that I can do a program vs Dark Angel (time decline be damned) which, even if it doesn't technically qualify for icon vs icon in-game (I haven't tested to check) is pretty much that. You've got arguably the two most famous UK workers of all time, neither of whom have really crossed paths before now finally getting to meet in a UK promotion that is actually make a buzz in the wider world... it's a story that almost writes itself even without running a variation of the Sting/Hollywood Hogan feud with Dark Angel stalking Cornell.

So in the mean time have the Dark Angel vs Faust storyline play out with Dark Angel going over and the Cornell Family storyline play out, probably with Matravers winning the title (possibly due to Dark Angel distracting Tommy in some way?) before moving them onwards.

The issue, which you hint at, is that 21CW doesn't really have anyone lined up to be a figurehead outside of Tommy. In fluff terms Adam Matravers is probably the best bet but in mechanical terms he lacks the star quality and charisma to really take it on. Kevin Jones is in an even worse position. Longer terms perhaps a Martinez face turn (if you can increase his charisma a bit) and looking beyond that maybe stepping one of Wade Orson or Leigh Burton up... but by then you can probably have turned Cornell face and used him instead.

I want the Cornell Family to build an empire for my eternal favourite Wade Orson to knock down and i'm prepared to go without a figurehead for a while to achieve this. I'm thinking that they add Cliff King and War Machine to the group, maybe Beast Bantom too. WWIII is the season finale so I think the Cornell's achieve total dominance at WW 2016 and are overthrown in 2017's.

I want the Cornell Family to build an empire for my eternal favourite Wade Orson to knock down and i'm prepared to go without a figurehead for a while to achieve this. I'm thinking that they add Cliff King and War Machine to the group, maybe Beast Bantom too. WWIII is the season finale so I think the Cornell's achieve total dominance at WW 2016 and are overthrown in 2017's.

I actually changed the Season Finale to be London Calling. Still highly regarded like WWIII and allows for more time to build stories. I'll use WWIII as a Royal Rumble PPV of sorts.

Appreciate the praise. Ultimately, you've got Tommy as a ratings machine for angles. Use him to your strengths until everything else picks up.

My plan is eventually Tommy Cornell vs Dark Angel, Icon vs Icon for the World Title. Need to build it though.

Look forward to seeing your first show, dude, when you get another crack at it.

The Hype was made champion of PPPW, then made figurehead then signed for DAVE and then overdosed.... he's done that in each of the last two sims I've ran of the CV97 data, I'm starting to think Adam has programmed his career progression into the game itself. :p

Derek, you may not like me all that much anymore, but I will give you the Dance of Gratitude if you release CVerse '97 in the next 48 hours.