Official "Booking Committee" Thread

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jean-vic" data-cite="jean-vic" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Just downloaded TheWho's Dec 2017 mod and fancy and I'm torn between doing a modern WWE save (which I haven't done in ages), an Impact save and a local to global. Anyone got any rules I can apply to whichever save I decide to go with? In particular, what should my aim be with a WWE save (I struggle to maintain WWE saves outside of the 90's as there is nothing to aim for or overcome)?<p> </p><p> As a side note, I usually always have these rules in my games:</p><p> </p><p> No worker with a push lower than midcarder can appear on an A show or outside a PPV pre-show. </p><p> </p><p> Anyone with negative incidents is punished with a period of burial (you can set the lengths if you wish) and anyone with a positive incident receives a push for a set period. </p><p> </p><p> No worker in time decline can win a main event title, and can only win floating or midcard titles if they are losing it within 2 months to a lower push worker. </p><p> </p><p> Any other rules (or amendments to these) for any of the potential saves would be appreciated.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Local to Global... Here are some rules..</p><p> </p><p> - Home Grown Talent - No signing anyone who has worked for a major promotion in the last two years. (This includes the following but you may add more. WWE, NJPW, Impact, RoH, Lucha Underground.) </p><p> </p><p> - If you are Loyal so am I - Anyone that has been with the company for more than 3 years, can't lose to talent that has been in the company for 6 months. (Excludes Enhancement Talent) </p><p> </p><p> - Can't Carry The Weak - Anyone who gets injured for more than 1 month (You can adjust this.) Must have their contract terminated. (Unless written.) </p><p> </p><p> - You're the Leader - No signing anyone known as a Locker Room Leader. </p><p> </p><p> - I Dont Like Getting Confused - You may only sign one wrestler under a mask. </p><p> </p><p> - This Place Is Your Only Priority - No talent may work outside your company or be released. </p><p> </p><p> - Christian Cage Style Departure - If a talent is leaving they must be well and truly destroyed on their departure. </p><p> </p><p> - Party Drugs! - Soft drug use is alright, alright, alllrriiiggghhttt..</p><p> </p><p> - Three Strikes You're Out - Get involved in three negative incidences and you are out of here. (Soft Drug Use Exempt)</p><p> </p><p> - Over The Hill - This isn't TNA, no signing in-ring talent over 45.</p><p> </p><p> - The Best We Have - Any wrestlers involved in the Match of the Year within your company. Will get a run with the Main Title the next year.</p>

<p>So, our Septemer event, AAA Battle of the Babes went down well. And so now I'm already trying to plot things out for our November event, Queen of the Ring. I decided to steal a page from QAW and hold a tournament with a title and everything, so now I'm trying to decide who goes in the tourny and who ultimately gets the win. I want the winner to be an Upper Midcarder with good or better Star Quality, and I have three candidates- Christy Higgins, Pamela Rojo, and Talia Quinzel; all 3 will be in the tournament and in the semi-finals, but I'm not sure who exactly to pull the trigger on.</p><p> </p><p>

Similarly, if anyone has some tips on how to book a tournament in an event, I'm all ears. I've been looking at how the AI books tournaments for other companies, and that's given me some ideas (8 competitors, 7 matches) and some is just common sense (matches are going to be short, at least for those going all the way), but are there any other tips? Should I use notes like Keep It Simple or Protect to lessen the chance of injuries?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="HiPlus" data-cite="HiPlus" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Local to Global... Here are some rules..<p> </p><p> - Home Grown Talent - No signing anyone who has worked for a major promotion in the last two years. (This includes the following but you may add more. WWE, NJPW, Impact, RoH, Lucha Underground.) </p><p> </p><p> - If you are Loyal so am I - Anyone that has been with the company for more than 3 years, can't lose to talent that has been in the company for 6 months. (Excludes Enhancement Talent) </p><p> </p><p> - Can't Carry The Weak - Anyone who gets injured for more than 1 month (You can adjust this.) Must have their contract terminated. (Unless written.) </p><p> </p><p> - You're the Leader - No signing anyone known as a Locker Room Leader. </p><p> </p><p> - I Dont Like Getting Confused - You may only sign one wrestler under a mask. </p><p> </p><p> - This Place Is Your Only Priority - No talent may work outside your company or be released. </p><p> </p><p> - Christian Cage Style Departure - If a talent is leaving they must be well and truly destroyed on their departure. </p><p> </p><p> - Party Drugs! - Soft drug use is alright, alright, alllrriiiggghhttt..</p><p> </p><p> - Three Strikes You're Out - Get involved in three negative incidences and you are out of here. (Soft Drug Use Exempt)</p><p> </p><p> - Over The Hill - This isn't TNA, no signing in-ring talent over 45.</p><p> </p><p> - The Best We Have - Any wrestlers involved in the Match of the Year within your company. Will get a run with the Main Title the next year.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Sweet! Thank you!</p>

So, i decided i am gonna do a playthrough where i try to take a company and make it one of the Big 3 in the united states and the way i decided to go about it is either taking a small company, revamping it and making it rise or having a user character who would be likely to make his own wrestling company and do it that way so could the lovely community of GDS help a guy out? maybe suggestions and rules to make it interesting to try and roleplay through even?

<p>So, January 2020, and AAA succeeded in the owner goal of gaining popularity!</p><p> </p><p>

The downside? New Owner Goal of cannot go below $8 million at any point. Which means I'd have to wait longer to create that broadcaster. So, my options...</p><p> </p><p>

1) Go back to the December 2019 save and create the broadcaster.</p><p>

2) Bite the bullet and create the broadcaster in this save (in March, so we can clear the "Increase to $5.5 million" owner goal)</p><p>

3) Brand split and run 2 shows a week in the North West.</p><p>

4) No brand split, but 2 shows a week, one in the North West, one in a spillover region (probably the South West).</p><p>

5) Stay the course, with the one weekly show and the monthly event.</p><p> </p><p>

Thoughts?</p>

Hi,

Im having trouble thinking of ideas for a save on tew16. In the past on tew13 I had a save as TNA and had some good solid results coming in. I also had a wwe save and was several months into it. Since I got tew16 I have struggled for motivation for a new save. I have the latest December 2017 the who save and was wondering if anyone had any ideas or that?

I was going to start with WWE but wouldn't mind ROH or Impact

Hi,

Im having trouble thinking of ideas for a save on tew16. In the past on tew13 I had a save as TNA and had some good solid results coming in. I also had a wwe save and was several months into it. Since I got tew16 I have struggled for motivation for a new save. I have the latest December 2017 the who save and was wondering if anyone had any ideas or that?

I was going to start with WWE but wouldn't mind ROH or Impact

I'm a doing a Vince gives ownership of WWE to Shane instead of Stephanie in October, 2017, thus revolutionizing the wrestling world as we know it. It's a good starting point if you wanna do WWE. I'm having quite the fun with it.

I have decided to create a 3rd show for wwe bringing back the velocity name. It will be same level as raw and smackdown. Ideas so far is to have it contain a handful of nxt stars and stars from the indies. Also the idea of bringing back talent like cody, alex riley and sandow etc... I have created a velocity championship, tag team, womens and television title. I have also created a company wide women's tag team title. Currently on roster as big stars I have moved John Cena (as he is a floating talent anyway), Big show and kane to velocity, to provide some of the indie/nxt guys to get some experience. Also gives them something to do as storylines on raw and smackdown they wouldn't be needed as such.

In my next SWF playthrough i decided i am going to do something different and bring in people who have potential but no characters and are generally bland and give them characters and gimmicks and what not so i was wondering if people could toss some suggestions on people like that and maybe some suggestions on potential gimmicks on them?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MattL1222" data-cite="MattL1222" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>In my next SWF playthrough i decided i am going to do something different and bring in people who have potential but no characters and are generally bland and give them characters and gimmicks and what not so i was wondering if people could toss some suggestions on people like that and maybe some suggestions on potential gimmicks on them?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> In my SWF save I'm booking Sayeed Ali in an evil Saharan Sheikh gimmick</p>

<p>@MattL1222 I would add in pictures of the Thunderverse, create a cruiserweight division with SWF and take some of those guys with no character and give them a new pic and gimmick to match that... the masked face paint pictures, especially are really good to make a bland person interesting.</p><p> </p><p>

..................</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

I havea questions. In the 9000verse . </p><p> </p><p>

I created a Tekken promotion as being the MDCU promotion was too big of a challenge story wise to make it believable in a wrestling promotion sense. </p><p> </p><p>

Takken seemed like a good way to go.</p><p> </p><p>

Hired most of the Tekken guys, some Mortal Kombat guys and a few randomers, like Nathan Drake, Solid Snake, Snake Plisskin, Agent 47 etc.</p><p> </p><p>

Now I have the Big Yearly show be the King of Iron Fist Tournment. wherethe top guys will qualify for the tournment. The tournment title will be seen as the biggest accomplishment in the promotions. </p><p> </p><p>

There will also be a Tag tournament.</p><p> </p><p>

I've also got three minor Tournament planned. A Mortal Kombat tournament with their guys In it and a Tekken King of fighters tournment which will just be for Tekken guys. I'm considering having a tournment for the outsiders in the company.</p><p> </p><p>

There will be proper title that will be defended too the holder of the top strap will automatically be placed in the big show KOIFT.</p><p> </p><p>

However I'm unsure of how to fit normal events with normal stories in to fit with the TEKKEN/MK tournment thingy.</p><p> </p><p>

I suppose it will be easier after the first few tournments as it willcreate rivals itself.</p><p> </p><p>

Need a way for MK guys to fit logically into the company names TEKKEN.. The obvious being an MK invasion where for TEKKEN to win a handful of TEKKEN guys must compete in the Mortal Kombat tournment.</p>

Keep things regional. Don't hire anyone who works for a company east of Texas or north of the Mason Dixon Line, or anyone unemployed based those areas. I think this means the North East, Tri State, Mid Atlantic, South East, and Mid-West areas.

And no Japanese workers who don't already work in Mexico or the US.

That should limit your hiring pool, and keep things thematic.

Maybe relax the limitations once you get to Cult. I dunno, man. It's your game, do what makes you happy.

<p>Maybe have a structure @defizzle </p><p> </p><p>

Like NJPW and the Three Musketeers or AJPW and the 4 Pillars. </p><p> </p><p>

Like with the 4 Pillars, have your 4 top guys where you base the top end of the card around. have the 4 pillars face each other only on major shows. </p><p> </p><p>

Have 2 tag teams to start and go up to 3 or 4 Main ones that you book the division around.</p><p> </p><p>

Have a midcard title maybe with a solid 4 guys who will hold the title between them. facing each other at major shows. </p><p> </p><p>

Then fill out the card with guys that do the job for those guys. Rotate those job guys out when then use up their usefulness. </p><p> </p><p>

Just have a strict structure and stick to it and only add when you have space.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

At Local and Regional expect your top guys to get poached when they get popular or if they're talented workers. </p><p> </p><p>

So you need to have guys in the midcard or uppermidcard that you can give a couple of wins too and have them fill in at the top. or someone on your shortlist to slot in up top.. You will get through a chunk of people in a couple of years so you'll have a chance to see who works the best, who you have grown attached too and revaluate from there.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Winter8905" data-cite="Winter8905" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Maybe have a structure @defizzle <p> </p><p> Like NJPW and the Three Musketeers or AJPW and the 4 Pillars. </p><p> </p><p> Like with the 4 Pillars, have your 4 top guys where you base the top end of the card around. have the 4 pillars face each other only on major shows. </p><p> </p><p> Have 2 tag teams to start and go up to 3 or 4 Main ones that you book the division around.</p><p> </p><p> Have a midcard title maybe with a solid 4 guys who will hold the title between them. facing each other at major shows. </p><p> </p><p> Then fill out the card with guys that do the job for those guys. Rotate those job guys out when then use up their usefulness. </p><p> </p><p> Just have a strict structure and stick to it and only add when you have space.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> At Local and Regional expect your top guys to get poached when they get popular or if they're talented workers. </p><p> </p><p> So you need to have guys in the midcard or uppermidcard that you can give a couple of wins too and have them fill in at the top. or someone on your shortlist to slot in up top.. You will get through a chunk of people in a couple of years so you'll have a chance to see who works the best, who you have grown attached too and revaluate from there.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I like this, thanks a lot!</p>

Any ideas for a name for a WCW tournament that the finals will be during The Great American Bash every year? The first tournament will be to crown a new US champion, fittingly, but will launch an annual tournament. The game is a 2001 "WCW Rebirth" game I'm playing.

I toyed with simply calling the Tournament "The Great American Bash" but that seems uninteresting. But having the name tie into the patriotic theme of the show does seem fitting.

Any ideas for a name for a WCW tournament that the finals will be during The Great American Bash every year? The first tournament will be to crown a new US champion, fittingly, but will launch an annual tournament. The game is a 2001 "WCW Rebirth" game I'm playing.

I toyed with simply calling the Tournament "The Great American Bash" but that seems uninteresting. But having the name tie into the patriotic theme of the show does seem fitting.

I'd probably go with an "American Dream" theme here. Honestly, the DREAM CUP comes to mind as the most catchy. If that's too simple, Champagne & Caviar Dreams Exposition would work.

Some variation on Champagne and Caviar would be my second pick. How about Champagne and Caviar Circuit?

The Paved With Gold [Grand Prix] follows this theme. Or maybe the "Cup of Opportunity"?

Also, ..."For Whom The Bell Tolls" comes to mind, if only because the obvious song connection and possible stipulation match.

Another idea: Have the wrestlers either all come from or mostly come from abroad -- and have them be working for a WCW Contract or [kayfabe] for a shot at citizenship. I know, it's 2001, but this is WCW -- we're supposed to suspend disbelief.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MrCanada" data-cite="MrCanada" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Any ideas for a name for a WCW tournament that the finals will be during The Great American Bash every year? The first tournament will be to crown a new US champion, fittingly, but will launch an annual tournament. The game is a 2001 "WCW Rebirth" game I'm playing.<p> </p><p> I toyed with simply calling the Tournament "The Great American Bash" but that seems uninteresting. But having the name tie into the patriotic theme of the show does seem fitting.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The New World Cup</p><p> The Golden Ticket</p><p> The McTournament brought to you in association with McDonalds</p>

Call it The Patriots Act.

I'm looking to create a 4 Horsemen type stable in modern day WWE. I know that Bobby Roode is going to be the leader of my stable, I also signed Eli Drake to come in and I'm using the Revival as the tag team, but I need a JJ to manage the stable. I don't want to use Heyman, so if anyone has an idea I'd love to hear it. Lastly, I also need a name for the group

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="kdcastles" data-cite="kdcastles" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm looking to create a 4 Horsemen type stable in modern day WWE. I know that Bobby Roode is going to be the leader of my stable, I also signed Eli Drake to come in and I'm using the Revival as the tag team, but I need a JJ to manage the stable. I don't want to use Heyman, so if anyone has an idea I'd love to hear it.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The obvious name that comes to my mind is Arn Anderson. He could be joining up with Roode and Co. as a means of passing the Horsemen torch to the new generation.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="kdcastles" data-cite="kdcastles" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm looking to create a 4 Horsemen type stable in modern day WWE. I know that Bobby Roode is going to be the leader of my stable, I also signed Eli Drake to come in and I'm using the Revival as the tag team, but I need a JJ to manage the stable. I don't want to use Heyman, so if anyone has an idea I'd love to hear it. Lastly, I also need a name for the group</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'd bring in Gail Kim. She was great in TNA with America's Most Wanted. </p><p> </p><p> Tony Ulysses would be a good choice too.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="StarsOverStalingrad" data-cite="StarsOverStalingrad" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I need a gimmick for Sunny in my '95 WWF save. She's a heel manager and I want to make her a more complex character than just Diesel's girlfriend.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Make her either a "hollywood agent" or "executive consultant" similar to Alexandria York in WCW. Kevin "Diesel" Nash would run great with a "hollywood star" gimmick, and Alexandria would guide him to stardom, but keep him on a short leash. </p><p> </p><p> Or, we could go with a "style doctor" or "handler" gimmick like Marlena in WWF. Again, "Diesel" would be the Hollywood Star, but take it in a more "flamboyant" direction, with Nash being more of a "sex symbol" a la Shawn Michaels or Rick Rude.</p>