Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Clark K" data-cite="Clark K" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>All over the world actually. Hadn't noticed that.But the shows they put on in their respective home nations and regions are also getting lower show ratings than i assume they should be getting. Im talking about SOTBPW and USPW by the way</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah, running shows in regions where the popularity is a bit lower will have an impact. Common problem with big companies with wide spread popularity. </p><p> </p><p> Another possibility - look at the shows in home regions that are grading poorly and look at who they are headlining. With big companies with a big roster, I often find that workers who lack the popularity to really be upper midcard or main event workers get pushed to that level, and then used as such by the AI. That impacts show grades, particularly if its a popularity based company.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="01gognaa" data-cite="01gognaa" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I am creating a new company. How do I assign what size it should be open as??? Thanks in advance.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Can anyone help?</p><p> </p><p> Also, another question: do dojos spawn organically in-game, or do they have to be entered into the game database?</p><p> </p><p> Thanks again.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jjohns44" data-cite="jjohns44" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I wanted a worker back who left us and so tweaked his contract from the other company(i know im a bastard haha) . Now he's unemployed and doesnt want to negotiate with us right now. He left on good terms though. About how long will it take them to consider re-signing with us?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> 6 months.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="UkWrestleFan" data-cite="UkWrestleFan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there a way I can export parts of the database (rosters, worker stats etc) to an Excel file?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Not sure if you can do an Excel file; but, if you go to the editor while a game is in progress, there is a button on the left near the bottom to "create mdb" or something along those lines. It will create an Access file that you can open, and, I presume, copy and paste whatever data you need into an Excel chart.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="01gognaa" data-cite="01gognaa" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Not sure if you can do an Excel file; but, if you go to the editor while a game is in progress, there is a button on the left near the bottom to "create mdb" or something along those lines. It will create an Access file that you can open, and, I presume, copy and paste whatever data you need into an Excel chart.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You can then import that data from the mdb file straight into excel. I've got my own spreadsheet I use for tracking things. There's lots of useful information in there. But you do need to know a bit about excel to manipulate it so it's easy to read.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="01gognaa" data-cite="01gognaa" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Can anyone help?<p> </p><p> Also, another question: do dojos spawn organically in-game, or do they have to be entered into the game database?</p><p> </p><p> Thanks again.</p></div></blockquote><p> Company Size is determined by Importance. Different sizes require different importance in different regions. Since every region has a % that is multiplied with your popularity there, it might take a bit of trial and error as you adjust popularity to hit the required importance levels.</p><p> </p><p> Dojos spawn organically sometimes when a worker retires. Retired wrestlers might go home, pick up an out-of-ring role (manager, announcer, color, road agent) or they might start their own dojo. Those dojos however close when the wrestler dies. Other than that, you can of course add dojos to the database through the editor.</p>

<p>Are there hard caps to workers' maximum popularity in relation to promotion size and/or popularity?</p><p> </p><p>

I'm asking because I'm running a recently-regional promotion and can't seem to get my main players above 41 popularity even though they have match ratings in the 60s and the odd one in the low 70s in performance > popularity product. The same thing happened at high small size when they stalled at 35 and immediately started going up when I reached regional. During my latter months at small I also had American Elemental II (35 pop) go over Acid (47 pop), which resulted, in addition to a furious Acid, in a pop gain of 0 for my guy and a loss from 47 to 43 for Acid.</p><p> </p><p>

Or is it simply caused by the abysmal state of the wrestling industry, which is 26 and falling at the moment? My promotion's popularity is currently 32, if that matters at all.</p><p> </p><p>

This isn't really a problem since I'm steadily growing anyway, but I am curious nonetheless.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Juhaninski" data-cite="Juhaninski" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Are there hard caps to workers' maximum popularity in relation to promotion size and/or popularity?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes, there are.</p>

I seem to recall being able to edit someone's status to "on maternity" or "ShoOting a movie" etc. if I wanted to simulate real life such as to explain the Rock's many absences. I don't seem to be able to do this anymore. Was this removed from the editor or am I missing something?

I wanted a worker back who left us and so tweaked his contract from the other company(i know im a bastard haha) . Now he's unemployed and doesnt want to negotiate with us right now. He left on good terms though. About how long will it take them to consider re-signing with us?

If you tweak his contract down to 28 days or below, you can re-negotiate. I lost Seth Rollins someone to TNA without noticing his contract was up and was able to get him back this way.

Yes, there are.

Just to follow up on the original question, the hard caps are something that was patched in at some point, correct? I have Excel files of two games of the same promotion that I played at different time (one around 6 months ago) where the pop cap wasn't evident in one but is clearly evident in the one I am playing now. I looked in the patch thread and didn't see anything that indicated it in the patch notes.

Thanks Adam, I do think the popularity cap is a really good idea for small companies because what turned me off of my previous game was my workers were getting too over at high small/low regional that it sucked the "fun" out of growing when they were putting on B level matches already and sitting at 50-60 popularity :)

This isn't really accurate. Mat Work is literally wrestling on the mat, like amateur wrestling -- slow-paced with holds and reversals.

Also, this post by Derek B in his mod-maker's guide from TEW 2013 is indispensable for stat explanations.

This is what that post you linked says:

Quite simply, this is about the ability to wrestle on the ground in a way that the crowd likes.

(which, I have read by the way)

I think this is a case of toma-TOE/to-MA-toe. If you're wrestling on the ground you are touching the mat. If you are not on the ground you are aerial. At least that was how I was taught to use the term.

I've always left the Dev schedule to be as it was, since I usually play RW mods with promotions that already have it set it up, but now I'm trying to set an event for my Dev territory (which is a touring company). Is there anyway I can select where it is broadcasted? Cause the only thing I seem to be able to edit regarding broadcasting on the child companies screen is the TV Show.

My understanding is that there's a distinction between standing on the mat and working on the mat.

One of those implies a vertical base. Matwork is grounded.

You are correct. Mat work is implictly referring only to working on the ground due to its name and the fact that there is a Chain Wrestling skill; if Mat work was referring to anything "not aerial" then Chain would be unnecessary. I don't think I've ever heard anyone use "mat work" to refer to anything that involves a vertical base.

I just bought Stampede Wrestling as WWE and made them a developmental league. I gave them a show on the WWE Network, but as that show is on another network it won't start until the previous contact is up. Is there any way for me to cancel that contract?

I seem to recall being able to edit someone's status to "on maternity" or "ShoOting a movie" etc. if I wanted to simulate real life such as to explain the Rock's many absences. I don't seem to be able to do this anymore. Was this removed from the editor or am I missing something?

Any help on these?

<p>Afroman, What I usually do is just give the development territory a new tv show and put that on the network. I'm not sure if there's another way around it. </p><p> </p><p>

I read somewhere on this forum once that there might be a ratings cap on backstage segments if they are not 7 minutes long, if it involves like a really popular wrestler. I am not sure if this is true, I don't really remember where I read it or what it said exactly anymore. I'm just wondering if anyone knows anything about this. I kinda get worried about making backstage segments too short.</p>