Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="michael20001" data-cite="michael20001" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I keep getting "audience upset there werent more dangerous spots" despite the match risk/injury risk being put up to average and the product settings having no problems. Any ideas?</div></blockquote><p> Did you go to your product definition and press "Data check"? This should tell you the minimum Match Intensity and Match Danger required for your product so you can adjust the sliders.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DarK_RaideR" data-cite="DarK_RaideR" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Speaking of which, how do people deal with this when running companies with a weekly TV show? That's 4 shows plus one event per month, so 30 events before the matchup is fresh again. Multiperson matches? A huge roster?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I have a main eventer wrestle a good working midcarder for the main event of my weekly shows, and everyone seems happy. it also gives me an an opportunity to see how my workers perform when they aren't hindered or assisted by their usually level in the company. I save even popularity matchups for PPVs, like wrestling companies used to do.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="michael20001" data-cite="michael20001" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I keep getting "audience upset there werent more dangerous spots" despite the match risk/injury risk being put up to average and the product settings having no problems. Any ideas?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> Increase Match danger. You need to do this by creating custom matches. </p><p> </p><p> Or, you can reduce your Daredevil in the product.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DarK_RaideR" data-cite="DarK_RaideR" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Speaking of which, how do people deal with this when running companies with a weekly TV show? That's 4 shows plus one event per month, so 30 events before the matchup is fresh again. Multiperson matches? A huge roster?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> By weaving storylines into each other. That way, you have at least 2 tag matches as your ME. Tag champ vs singles contender, tag contender vs Midcard champ, there are many options that go here.</p><p> </p><p> It's lazy booking for some, but then again, we are not building for WrestleMania each month do we?</p><p> </p><p> As atomzero said, a good Midcarder ( Greg Black or Chris Jericho 1997) Vs ME is especially great option. </p><p> </p><p> Then there is steal the show note, a good UMC can drag ME, MC and UMC to respectable ME. It is especially useful in your perf over Pop Companies.</p><p> </p><p> Or, u can put some average match as ME and compensate it with some excellent angles. (Only for SE companies.)</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jean-vic" data-cite="jean-vic" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is my game bugged?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Probably has to do with the Popularity cap. You were unlucky and his is too low on this save.</p>

Not something I've had cause to look at in my current game, so it may be that this has been removed, but is there a way to change the size of your events? I know PPVs have to be set up on the individual show screens on the day, but in the Schedule section you used to be able to set events to Small/Medium/Large or whatever and that seems to be gone now.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="James Casey" data-cite="James Casey" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Not something I've had cause to look at in my current game, so it may be that this has been removed, but is there a way to change the size of your events? I know PPVs have to be set up on the individual show screens on the day, but in the Schedule section you used to be able to set events to Small/Medium/Large or whatever and that seems to be gone now.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I believe that's been replaced by your Production settings.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DoubleA012" data-cite="DoubleA012" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I am the booker of a company, not the owner. <p> </p><p> My goal is to eventually graduate from booker to owner. Is there a place where I can apply or check if I'm eligible to run the company? Do I simply have to wait until the cpu owner retires and wants to sell or is there another way?</p><p> </p><p> I tried to go to our company profile page and click business but of course it said, you can't click on this while you work here. </p><p> </p><p> I would like to avoid "leaving the company" simply to apply to own it...I would rather go from booker to owner while remaining in control.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Kind of got a half answer from Chunk, but was curious if someone actually knew of a way that didn't require you to leave the company or pray for the owner to retire and AI to select you...thanks!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Liger!Liger!" data-cite="Liger!Liger!" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Probably has to do with the Popularity cap. You were unlucky and his is too low on this save.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I thought workers were unable to pass their pop cap?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jean-vic" data-cite="jean-vic" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I thought workers were unable to pass their pop cap?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> They can pass their pop cap but only temporarily. You can find that info in Topic 36 of the Player's Handbook, which says the following:</p><p> </p><p> "<strong>Every worker has hidden 'caps' on all his skills and popularity.</strong> These caps are generated at the start of each game based off a combination of the worker's stats, Destiny value, his pre-set potential, and randomness. This adds a unique flavour to every game and means not every worker can become a star.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>All caps are conisdered 'soft'; this means that values can rise above the caps temporarily, but they will always eventually sink back down to that level</strong>. This also (intentionally) means it is not always obvious when a cap is reached."</p><p> </p><p> I really think everyone, even the series veterans, could benefit from reading through the Player's Handbook more often. It contains tons of very useful info that would eliminate a lot of the questions asked in this thread.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DoubleA012" data-cite="DoubleA012" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Kind of got a half answer from Chunk, but was curious if someone actually knew of a way that didn't require you to leave the company or pray for the owner to retire and AI to select you...thanks!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Sorry. Your only real options are to wait for the current owner retire/die/get fired (if they're a CEO) or take over via Add New Player/Leave Game shenanigans. </p><p> </p><p> In the latter case, your avatar would <em>technically</em> still be employed by the company the whole time, but it would wipe all your stats, storylines, notes, ect. Functionally, it'd be just like you left the company either way.</p>

I'm sure I've asked some variation on this question, but I keep being baffled, so here goes again.

I have a worker who I was getting reports that the gimmick was getting stale. Her gimmick is rated as Great, and has been for a while. I figured it was the babyface role that was getting old, so I went ahead and turned her heel, but I'm still getting the same message about a stale gimmick. Does it mean that the gimmick has peaked and is now declining (but apparently still "Great"), or is there something else going on here? Is it a signal to tweak the gimmick?

I'm sure I've asked some variation on this question, but I keep being baffled, so here goes again.

I have a worker who I was getting reports that the gimmick was getting stale. Her gimmick is rated as Great, and has been for a while. I figured it was the babyface role that was getting old, so I went ahead and turned her heel, but I'm still getting the same message about a stale gimmick. Does it mean that the gimmick has peaked and is now declining (but apparently still "Great"), or is there something else going on here? Is it a signal to tweak the gimmick?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that message means that the gimmick has peaked. Since it's still at "great", I'd just tweak it if possible. If not, you'll have to give them a new gimmick.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BigT" data-cite="BigT" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How often do people win wrestler of the year? I never seem to get anywhere near! Absoolutely dominated by Japanese wrestlers (98 period). My top guy was Austin in 30th !</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I have seen it with RW mods, but then again, I was playing NJPW(current day, Okada) or 1997 WCW(you know who, bother.) In one of the older saves. </p><p> </p><p> I have no luck so far with C-verse though.</p>

<p>So I have a question. When running Custom Merch you get some statistics into how well each person's merch is selling and what not. </p><p> </p><p>

Now managing the merch is a little too tedious for me especially in regards to when I do my roster spring cleaning so to speak. </p><p> </p><p>

However I do love seeing how each character is selling merch. Is there a way I can auto set my merch but still have the detailed breakdown.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ink625" data-cite="ink625" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>They can pass their pop cap but only temporarily. You can find that info in Topic 36 of the Player's Handbook, which says the following:<p> </p><p> "<strong>Every worker has hidden 'caps' on all his skills and popularity.</strong> These caps are generated at the start of each game based off a combination of the worker's stats, Destiny value, his pre-set potential, and randomness. This adds a unique flavour to every game and means not every worker can become a star.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>All caps are conisdered 'soft'; this means that values can rise above the caps temporarily, but they will always eventually sink back down to that level</strong>. This also (intentionally) means it is not always obvious when a cap is reached."</p><p> </p><p> I really think everyone, even the series veterans, could benefit from reading through the Player's Handbook more often. It contains tons of very useful info that would eliminate a lot of the questions asked in this thread.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Cheers. Very helpful. </p><p> </p><p> I've read the handbook for a lot of things, but I haven't always found it helpful so I tend not to go there as a first port of call. However, I shall aim to use it more.</p>

<p>One of my workers always has 90-95 individual performance in every match, rarely he does 100 or more but most of the times he is at 90-95. I know he is a great worker and capable of 100s.</p><p> </p><p>

The problem I saw was that he was penalized for chemistry/motivation. However, he has an extremely happy morale, he doesn't have any negatives in his morale, he is in the main event and holding a title. Neither does he have bad chemistry with any of the workers. </p><p> </p><p>

Does anyone know what it can be?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="vbase" data-cite="vbase" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>One of my workers always has 90-95 individual performance in every match, rarely he does 100 or more but most of the times he is at 90-95. I know he is a great worker and capable of 100s.<p> </p><p> The problem I saw was that he was penalized for chemistry/motivation. However, he has an extremely happy morale, he doesn't have any negatives in his morale, he is in the main event and holding a title. Neither does he have bad chemistry with any of the workers. </p><p> </p><p> Does anyone know what it can be?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's related to destiny stuff. There's a wide variety of different scenarios where this happens.</p>

I am trying to set up a promotion that runs events more like UFC did years ago, two large events per month that are set up on a subscription channel (Showtime). My Showtime deal is only for events, I have no TV show. I was just thinking though it would be really cool to create "hype" shows like HBO or Showtime do for boxing or UFC does for MMA, "Countdown to..." type shows. Is it feasible for me to create a 30 minute event and change my product settings so that my events are supposed to be 100% angles? Would this hamper my product setting? My product is focused on entertainment, cult, and hardcore.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="vbase" data-cite="vbase" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>One of my workers always has 90-95 individual performance in every match, rarely he does 100 or more but most of the times he is at 90-95. I know he is a great worker and capable of 100s.<p> </p><p> The problem I saw was that he was penalized for chemistry/motivation. However, he has an extremely happy morale, he doesn't have any negatives in his morale, he is in the main event and holding a title. Neither does he have bad chemistry with any of the workers. </p><p> </p><p> Does anyone know what it can be?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Does he have a manager? Is he on a time decline? Does he have a bad relationship with the referee or road agent (just a wild guess on that one)?</p>