Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

Any tips growing from regional to cult in C-Verse? This takes forever haha

You could change Multiday Advance to Partial in the settings. It can sim until the date of your next show unless you get certain types of messages that can pull you out of it. That helps when smaller and doing just a monthly or weekly show. For me, the main downside is if you're waiting to try to pick up someone on your shortlist who was on a written contract (though, at regional, that's not a big deal).

In my 1991 WCW dynasty, I'm trying to reform the Skyscrapers with Sid Vicious and Dan Spivey, but when I try to add the team, I get a Duplicate Data note that I already have a team with that name in the company that is set as in Inactive Unit. How in the world can I change this? If worse comes to worse, can I just rename the team and have it go through? I don't understand why I can't seem to add them as a team. Thanks.

In my 1991 WCW dynasty, I'm trying to reform the Skyscrapers with Sid Vicious and Dan Spivey, but when I try to add the team, I get a Duplicate Data note that I already have a team with that name in the company that is set as in Inactive Unit. How in the world can I change this? If worse comes to worse, can I just rename the team and have it go through? I don't understand why I can't seem to add them as a team. Thanks.

I don't have the game in front of me so I can't tell you the exact steps. By default the tag team screen is filtered for active teams only. You can change the filter to show "inactive" or "all" teams. From there you should be able to see the tag team you are interested in and can change them to active.

You would use the Search button to show Inactive Units, then change them to be active.

<p>About the auto push in roster settings. I am not sure if this is the case but I'm struggling when i extend the company visibility to 4 regions. The worker pop goes up and down in this 4 regions but it doesn't affect the rest of United States for example... So when I auto push what should be a Main-Eventer given the roster it turns out a midcarder because he is uknown in the rest of US, even if I managed to give a reasonable pop to a worker where the company is actually seen.</p><p> </p><p>

Is that correct? Or does it take into account company importance in the industry in order to assign pushes?</p>

I'm at Regional, with a popularity of C- in my home region. All of my workers are capping out at 41 popularity, and have been for almost a year at least. I've never noticed this happening before. Anyone know why? I put on C+ to B shows, and they all raise my popularity.

I do believe there is a cap/limit to your workers' popularity depending on your company's size.

Is tag experience based on minutes in the ring or no. of matches?

Is a 2 minute match worth the same as a 30m one?

Pretty sure it's number of matches, not time in the ring together.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Winter8905" data-cite="Winter8905" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Can you get a guy over from Midcard to Main event just by having him in high rated promos.?<p> </p><p> Like could I just build a guy in promos for 2 months to get him over without having him wrestle before his big match?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If you're playing as a smaller promotion with weekly shows, maybe. If you're playing as a big promotion, absolutely not. </p><p> </p><p> You might as well have him squash jobbers every week, too.</p>

<p>So I've played a year as SWF. I think my highest rated match is B+. I've had great matches where people are rated A or better for their performance. And yet the match is only B plus. I don't have anyone ranked at all high in the Power 500. </p><p> </p><p>

Are my settings around match intensity/danger and the other set-ups holding me back with a penalty?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="dude-1981" data-cite="dude-1981" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So I've played a year as SWF. I think my highest rated match is B+. I've had great matches where people are rated A or better for their performance. And yet the match is only B plus. I don't have anyone ranked at all high in the Power 500. <p> </p><p> Are my settings around match intensity/danger and the other set-ups holding me back with a penalty?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> What does your Dirt Sheet tab tell you?</p><p> </p><p> That's normally the key to understanding why a segment may not have rated as highly as the individual performances suggest. Are there chemistry issues, inconsistencies, poor gimmicks or momentum? What about your production values? Do you have warnings on them? Are your announce desk contributing towards making the match better? Are your managers doing good work at ringside or not? Are you getting any bonuses for the Road Agent or not etc. Are you getting penalties for low locker room morale?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="batsnumbereleven" data-cite="batsnumbereleven" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What does your Dirt Sheet tab tell you?<p> </p><p> That's normally the key to understanding why a segment may not have rated as highly as the individual performances suggest. Are there chemistry issues, inconsistencies, poor gimmicks or momentum? What about your production values? Do you have warnings on them? Are your announce desk contributing towards making the match better? Are your managers doing good work at ringside or not? Are you getting any bonuses for the Road Agent or not etc. Are you getting penalties for low locker room morale?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I've heard of the dirt sheet tab but not quite sure which one that is.</p><p> </p><p> We're talking about a year of matches, some of those had issues but some seemed to go down a storm. Every week I am told "match had great wrestling and exceptional heat" or something like that. No warnings, just standard. Is it worth the money to put them up. Bonuses for the Road Agent? Not sure about that one. I've been down to 70% for the locker room but up to 100% not. Most of my main eventers don't have managers.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="dude-1981" data-cite="dude-1981" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've heard of the dirt sheet tab but not quite sure which one that is.<p> </p><p> We're talking about a year of matches, some of those had issues but some seemed to go down a storm. Every week I am told "match had great wrestling and exceptional heat" or something like that. No warnings, just standard. Is it worth the money to put them up. Bonuses for the Road Agent? Not sure about that one. I've been down to 70% for the locker room but up to 100% not. Most of my main eventers don't have managers.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If you go to the Game Settings, User Preferences, there'll be an option to hide the Dirt Sheet, turn it off. When you're running a show, the button on the right hand side will say Dirt Sheet, if you click that it'll show you what influenced the ratings for your show</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bluestillidie00" data-cite="Bluestillidie00" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If you go to the Game Settings, User Preferences, there'll be an option to hide the Dirt Sheet, turn it off. When you're running a show, the button on the right hand side will say Dirt Sheet, if you click that it'll show you what influenced the ratings for your show</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Cool. I'll give that a go. Thanks to everyone, this forum is really helpful.</p><p> </p><p> So no reason a Sports Entertainment fed can't get up with other types of promo in terms of match rating. I tweaked thing a little to be more realistic. My match danger is 40% rather than 25%. Not sure if that is a good or bad thing in the long run. </p><p> </p><p> Just put on my first A rated PPV so pretty pleased about that.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="VBigB" data-cite="VBigB" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I don't have the game in front of me so I can't tell you the exact steps. By default the tag team screen is filtered for active teams only. You can change the filter to show "inactive" or "all" teams. From there you should be able to see the tag team you are interested in and can change them to active.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks to you and Adam both. Can't believe it was that easy!</p>