Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

<p>For a straight balance of performance-pop, you'll want to keep Traditional and Mainstream at about the same levels as Modern and Realism, if memory serves. Admittedly, this will vary a bit on the exact nature of your company and the sort of product you want.</p><p> </p><p>

Once you've made your selections, you can hit "analysis" and the first line should tell you if your product is performance > pop, performance < pop, or performance = pop. Additionally, this might also influence the requirements when booking shows, like needing a Story Telling or a High Spots match (please not for the former, that doesn't necessarily mean you need to run storylines; it refers to telling a story in the ring).</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="thadian" data-cite="thadian" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How many people is too many for one development federation?<p> Can a development or child company have "brand split" to hold more stars?</p><p> </p><p> I ask because I have about 6 developmental trainers, 60-70 wrestlers in development (it's a cult size) and I am nervous about launching a second development territory. I am not going to let them go just yet.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> In 1 SWF save, I had 3 developmental companies. RIPW already, I opened 1 and then I bought out 1 of the European ones and kept it as a development company. Between the 3 of them, I had the same number of trainers you have, about 50 wrestlers in dev and gave all 3 of them TV shows on the SWF network which was getting nearly the same ratings as my SWF TV shows so when I brought someone up from dev, they generally were auto-pushed into the mid-card.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Matt_Black" data-cite="Matt_Black" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>For a straight balance of performance-pop, you'll want to keep Traditional and Mainstream at about the same levels as Modern and Realism, if memory serves. Admittedly, this will vary a bit on the exact nature of your company and the sort of product you want.<p> </p><p> Once you've made your selections, you can hit "analysis" and the first line should tell you if your product is performance > pop, performance < pop, or performance = pop. Additionally, this might also influence the requirements when booking shows, like needing a Story Telling or a High Spots match (please not for the former, that doesn't necessarily mean you need to run storylines; it refers to telling a story in the ring).</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thank you</p>

How do I use a pre main event video featuring the wrestlers in the main event without the video tanking the storyline rating and thus affecting the match? I can't seem to do it right at all.

For example: I just ran Flair vs. Steamboat (storyline at 97 pre show). The video (1 minute) scored a 79, the main event scored a 97, but was penalized due to the storyline's low heat. Post show the storyline is at 93...

How do I use a pre main event video featuring the wrestlers in the main event without the video tanking the storyline rating and thus affecting the match? I can't seem to do it right at all.

For example: I just ran Flair vs. Steamboat (storyline at 97 pre show). The video (1 minute) scored a 79, the main event scored a 97, but was penalized due to the storyline's low heat. Post show the storyline is at 93...

Your angle rating is being capped for a short length. At 6 minutes it stops capping the rating, so you would need need it to be a >=6 min video to keep the rating up. You probably could get away with a 4 or 5 minute as well, but 6+ is safer.

Think of those epic WWE/NJPW PPV video lead ins to big matches, they run longer than you think and probably end up in that 4-6 minute range.

<p>Sorry if this has been asked, but I cant locate a thread/post:</p><p> </p><p>

What are the Roles you can assign in Angles, and why are they relevant? Do they have any real bearing on the angle rating, story line rating, stats, etc?</p><p> </p><p>

Thanks in advance.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="01gognaa" data-cite="01gognaa" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Sorry if this has been asked, but I cant locate a thread/post:<p> </p><p> What are the Roles you can assign in Angles, and why are they relevant? Do they have any real bearing on the angle rating, story line rating, stats, etc?</p><p> </p><p> Thanks in advance.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You mean 'Catalyst', 'Subject', 'Victim' etc?</p><p> </p><p> It has no affect on anything, it's purely to make it easier for the player to visualize the angle happening in their head and so that participants can be chosen correctly. For example, with Participant 1 set as the 'Attacker' and Participant 2 set as the 'Victim', you instantly know who to pick for each role.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="FlameSnoopy" data-cite="FlameSnoopy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You mean 'Catalyst', 'Subject', 'Victim' etc?<p> </p><p> It has no affect on anything, it's purely to make it easier for the player to visualize the angle happening in their head and so that participants can be chosen correctly. For example, with Participant 1 set as the 'Attacker' and Participant 2 set as the 'Victim', you instantly know who to pick for each role.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes, that is what I was referring to. Thanks for the response.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="mad5226" data-cite="mad5226" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I can't seem to find very many real world mods anymore in the mod section. What's everyone using to play their real-world mods these days?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Click User CP</p><p> </p><p> Edit Options</p><p> </p><p> Scroll to Default Thread Age Cut Off</p><p> </p><p> Put to Show All Threads</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Gungner" data-cite="Gungner" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I keep getting emails about NXT's deal with Sky Sports 3 is expiring, but am I wrong in assuming that you can't renew your child company's TV Deals unless they are on your own network?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You are not wrong.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bobbi Starr" data-cite="Bobbi Starr" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How do I use a pre main event video featuring the wrestlers in the main event without the video tanking the storyline rating and thus affecting the match? I can't seem to do it right at all.<p> </p><p> For example: I just ran Flair vs. Steamboat (storyline at 97 pre show). The video (1 minute) scored a 79, the main event scored a 97, but was penalized due to the storyline's low heat. Post show the storyline is at 93...</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Use a freestyle angle (or edit the set one in the database) to make it a "minor" rather than "major" angle. It won't impact any storyline then.</p>

<p>I've had this happen a couple of times and not sure why it does: a worker randomly leaves my company without warning, complaints, etc. I just get an email that the worker has left the company. He did not sign an exclusive deal with another company, and his contract did not run up with me.</p><p> </p><p>

Any thoughts or suggestions on how I can avoid this happening in the future?</p>

How much does running an event on a given night of the week impact attendance/viewership? I have a promotion with people on PPA, and I could avoid conflicts by running shows on Wednesdays, but I'm not sure how large of an impact that will have on income/ratings.

How much does running an event on a given night of the week impact attendance/viewership? I have a promotion with people on PPA, and I could avoid conflicts by running shows on Wednesdays, but I'm not sure how large of an impact that will have on income/ratings.

None. Avoid those conflicts!

If I run an angle on my TV-show (a hype video for a worker debuting soon), but I set it as a minor angle (meaning it won't show up in recap and have no impact on the shows rating), will the worker still be recognized as being on the show? I'm asking 'cause I have a worker debuting (called up from development), but he's a heel and I want to debut him as a face and I don't want to use a shock turn on him. So if I do the minor angle thing, will that still count as one appearance for the worker?

Do workers have a popularity cap in Cult Promotions? The most popularity a worker got for me was 97 in a single region and, like all my other workers, it quickly stabilized in 90-92 popularity levels. Also, is it easier to gain popularity as a National company, regardless of TV contracts? I want to make the jump to National, but I haven't done so because I would be beaten by 500 points by SWF, because they have stars with 100 pop in every region. I have 100 rated segments every show and my main events are always in the 90-100 range.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TC Dale" data-cite="TC Dale" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Playing TEW tonight, and I used to be able to remember how to access where I have been lately in a region and shows me where I need to run shows in alternate regions before the TV show is in PM mode day of the show.<p> </p><p> Anyone remember or point me to the place to go to see?</p></div></blockquote><p> You've probably found this out by now, but just in case anyone else is wondering: It's under size --> visibility</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Blake Trask" data-cite="Blake Trask" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So far as I'm aware, the game still has the mechanic where someone who recently left you won't re-sign for a set period (I think it's six months).<p> </p><p> However, I know that the game also recognises when you've brought someone in for a limited time/try-out style deal and doesn't apply the same block if you go for someone who left you but was only there short term.</p><p> </p><p> What I'd like to know is what the upper bounds are for those short term deals. I brought in two guys for three months, and I've decided that I'd like to keep them around for longer. However, I want to give them a slight repackage and momentum reset, and so it would be useful to allow them to leave and then come back.</p><p> </p><p> If they've been around for a three month/unlimited dates contract, am I going to get locked out of re-signing them if I let their contracts expire?</p></div></blockquote><p> If a contract is for 3 months or shorter or 3 appearances or less, it is considered a short-term deal and is exempt from the "hiring block mechanic".</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Gungner" data-cite="Gungner" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Will a championship belt lose prestige if not defended at a PPV / Event?</div></blockquote><p> Not sure if the type of show matters, but if the belt isn't defend for some time, it will eventually lose prestige.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Gungner" data-cite="Gungner" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If I run an angle on my TV-show (a hype video for a worker debuting soon), but I set it as a minor angle (meaning it won't show up in recap and have no impact on the shows rating), will the worker still be recognized as being on the show? I'm asking 'cause I have a worker debuting (called up from development), but he's a heel and I want to debut him as a face and I don't want to use a shock turn on him. So if I do the minor angle thing, will that still count as one appearance for the worker?</div></blockquote><p> The only thing that determines whether a worker is recognized to be on the show is whether he's set to appear on-screen or off-screen in that angle.</p>

<p>I bet this is super obvious, but I cant seem to locate it:</p><p> </p><p>

I feel like I toggled some option that prevents AI companies from creating titles. Is there a way to turn this on once a game has already been started?</p><p> </p><p>

Thanks.</p>

I bet this is super obvious, but I cant seem to locate it:

I feel like I toggled some option that prevents AI companies from creating titles. Is there a way to turn this on once a game has already been started?

Thanks.

It's in the editor under companies. Pick the company in question and set "fix belts" to yes.