Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

I have a broadcaster with Big coverage across the United States and I also have a PPV deal with Medium coverage across the United States. Speaking strictly for TV shows and events broadcast on PPV, is there any benefit, other than realism, to holding shows outside my home region of the South West?

Fans want to see you there There's only so much popularity you can gain from just television, if you're not appearing there regularly you will cap out.

I have a broadcaster with Big coverage across the United States and I also have a PPV deal with Medium coverage across the United States. Speaking strictly for TV shows and events broadcast on PPV, is there any benefit, other than realism, to holding shows outside my home region of the South West?

Fans want to see you there There's only so much popularity you can gain from just television, if you're not appearing there regularly you will cap out.

I've been wondering about this for a while myself, so with this question posted today, I decided to dig through the Small Questions thread and ended up finding the following post from Adam:

You don't need to physically visit a region regularly as long as you're being seen regularly. If you're not being broadcast in that region and don't visit then you will lose popularity because people will forget about you. The time and size of the effect depend on your popularity.

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2215556&postcount=3507

At first I thought this directly contradicted what Historian said. However, Adam didn't actually say you don't need to visit a region at all if you're still being seen there. Just that you don't need to visit a region "regularly" if you're still being seen there. So I'm confused. Can anyone confirm what Historian is saying about "capping out" in pop for a region you don't visit regularly? Adam?

At first I thought this directly contradicted what Historian said. However, Adam didn't actually say you don't need to visit a region at all if you're still being seen there. Just that you don't need to visit a region "regularly" if you're still being seen there. So I'm confused. Can anyone confirm what Historian is saying about "capping out" in pop for a region you don't visit regularly? Adam?

If you aren't seen in a region ("seen" meaning either physically holding a show there or being broadcast there) for a long period of time you'll start to lose popularity on a daily basis. You don't need to physically visit somewhere to maintain popularity.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Munit" data-cite="Munit" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If im playing ECW in 1992 when it first started and want to gain pop. Whats the best way to do this? Let the AI auto book me in locations for a weekly show? Or just do the monthly? Or both?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Autobooking can help if you aren't sure who to wrestle against who, but depending on the size of your promotion would change who hard it would be to gain pop. I don't know ECWs size in 1992, but as long as you put on good shows (grades above your pop) you will gain popularity in the region you are in (as long as the economy and industry are in the toilet).</p><p> </p><p> As far as monthly or weekly shows it depends on finances (weekly shows will cost you A LOT more money) and how quickly you want to grow. I know in one of my saves I got awesome industry and economy and ran weekly shows and was small within a year, but other games it takes a lot longer. I should note I was only profitable because all my guys were so cheap (they were all RtG guys).</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="moafnsteel" data-cite="moafnsteel" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Autobooking can help if you aren't sure who to wrestle against who, but depending on the size of your promotion would change who hard it would be to gain pop. I don't know ECWs size in 1992, but as long as you put on good shows (grades above your pop) you will gain popularity in the region you are in (as long as the economy and industry are in the toilet).<p> </p><p> As far as monthly or weekly shows it depends on finances (weekly shows will cost you A LOT more money) and how quickly you want to grow. I know in one of my saves I got awesome industry and economy and ran weekly shows and was small within a year, but other games it takes a lot longer. I should note I was only profitable because all my guys were so cheap (they were all RtG guys).</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thank you for the help. I was mentioning auto booking the location. Im not even sure if the AI is good at booking in different regions for my company but it seems like they do. I actually just struck a TV deal and am at 32 Pop in tr state</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Munit" data-cite="Munit" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Thank you for the help. I was mentioning auto booking the location. Im not even sure if the AI is good at booking in different regions for my company but it seems like they do. I actually just struck a TV deal and am at 32 Pop in tr state</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That makes sense, I have never had issues with the location auto-booker and only change it I feel like going to a different region or something. If your TV coverage is shown all over US and your making good profit, I doubt it would make a massive difference, unless your pop in other areas is so low that you would see a huge difference in attendance. If I only had major pop in one area, but my TV show/events were shown elsewhere I usually tend to stay in my main area for all my shows. Hope that helps.</p>

So I think I know the answer to this, but gonna ask.... Considering a save with WCW in the 1997 Montreal Aftermath mod. WCW is owned by Time Warner, which is accurate. The Time Warner PPV broadcaster is available everywhere. When I experimented, I could land TV deals because of that. Kinda expected. But if I open up a company-owned broadcaster, does anyone know if the corporate overlords will still block deals? I don't have the game in front of me just to experiment with it.

In the gimmick screen most of the gimmicks have CV next to them. What does that mean?

Are you playing the default database? Did you import gimmicks? I am pretty sure that means those are how the default database has them and the other ones are the ones that are tweaked. Derek B's 97 mod has that I believe so maybe he can clarify if I am wrong.

Are you playing the default database? Did you import gimmicks? I am pretty sure that means those are how the default database has them and the other ones are the ones that are tweaked. Derek B's 97 mod has that I believe so maybe he can clarify if I am wrong.

Yeah, I’m playing the CV97 database so that probably explains it. Thanks :)

<p>This may not be the right place to post this, so if I should be asking somewhere else, just say so and I'll go.</p><p> </p><p>

Are there any decent RW mods for TEW2016 that start in 2011 or 2012? I know there's at least one good one for 2013, but I don't know how to update a database. That's the time I first started watching WWE, so I want to play then.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ShiningWizzro" data-cite="ShiningWizzro" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Do Gimmicks convert correctly between '13 and '16?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I can't speak for all of the details, but I just converted a '13 mod yesterday and at the absolute minimum, the names, initial gimmick assignments, and initial ratings are all maintained.</p>

<p>How do yous deal with drug taking/steroids? </p><p> </p><p>

I am wwe in real life mod, and it seems half my roster are on something. I had been going for fine for soft drugs, rehab for painkiller addiction and suspend for steroids, but I have either lost half my roster for a month or they have fell out with me haha. What's the consequences of just turning a blind eye? </p><p> </p><p>

Is it worth being harsh with them? I done a full company test there and wished I hadn't as it's given me about 40 decisions to make a month from wrestlemania haha</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hassan" data-cite="Hassan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What's the consequences of just turning a blind eye? <p> </p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> For soft/hard drugs, alcohol, and painkillers, there's a chance for your wrestlers to show up to an event wasted. For all types of drugs, but especially steroids, there's a risk of scandal for your company if it gets out. And all types of drug use can lead to worse personalities and health risks.</p>

Unrelated to my previous question, maybe I've just missed something and the game tells you this, but I can't find it if it does. Do per-show costs apply multiple times if you have multiple shows on the same night in the same arena?

Pretty sure they do.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Kingster" data-cite="Kingster" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Pretty sure they do.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I just made a quick new test game to check it out and it looks like you're right. Too bad. It means I have to cancel my B-show. 30 min isn't enough to justify the price and I don't want to increase the time since I'm trying to move forward in time quickly.</p>

<p>I did some searching but only found a couple of old threads about this, and that is a company rejecting a take over because they don't want to sell up. </p><p> </p><p>

The previous responses to this are all stating that it's an owner personality thing. I'm playing the NB2001 to try simulate the purchase of WCW leading into Wrestlemania rather than starting there after in the DOWCW mod. </p><p> </p><p>

Every effort I make to put someone in ownership for WCW provides the same response. I've done things from removing Bischoff from WCW entirely. By putting Ted Turner back in. By creating a AOL/Time Warner Group user. I've even put Shane as the head of WCW and ended the war to try and sell. Put Shane as the head of WWF and ended the war, and they all come back as they're not selling up. </p><p> </p><p>

Is there something I'm missing here to just get WCW to be purchasable? ECW does not have the same issue as WCW does.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="awesomenessofme1" data-cite="awesomenessofme1" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I just made a quick new test game to check it out and it looks like you're right. Too bad. It means I have to cancel my B-show. 30 min isn't enough to justify the price and I don't want to increase the time since I'm trying to move forward in time quickly.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Tried auto-booking it?</p>