Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

<p>Dojo Trainers</p><p> </p><p>

This may seem dumb, but:</p><p>

My dojo Trainer moved out of the area my Dojo is in. They work for me still, but just decided to get a new house in the next area over. Is that going to effect my dojo? Does the trainer just take a long commute over the weekends now?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CharlieRock" data-cite="CharlieRock" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>This may seem dumb, but:<p> My dojo Trainer moved out of the area my Dojo is in. They work for me still, but just decided to get a new house in the next area over. Is that going to effect my dojo? Does the trainer just take a long commute over the weekends now?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Doesn't change anything</p>

I am trying the demo and I am having the hardest time to get mods to work. I create a new mod folder, extract the download to desktop and drag to replace in newmod folder, yet when I select it gives me database errors. I am wanting to do the April update I saw here.

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=541710

I am assuming mods work on the demo, that shouldn't be the issue, should it? I don't know what else to do. It's probably something simple I am doing wrong.

Thanks!

Things like -

Error: There are no non-user workers active when games begins

Error: There are no companies active when game begins

Error: There must be at least 15 unrestricted event names available for USA-based companies

there are 17 of these errors.

Those errors indicate that you're trying to start a game with a blank database. Either you've put the mod in the wrong folder or, more likely, you are not playing in admin mode, which is a requirement to play the game. This is covered in the FAQ pinned to the top of the Technical Support forum, so please see there.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Those errors indicate that you're trying to start a game with a blank database. Either you've put the mod in the wrong folder or, more likely, you are not playing in admin mode, which is a requirement to play the game. This is covered in the FAQ pinned to the top of the Technical Support forum, so please see there.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I see. Thank you.</p><p> </p><p> EDIT: I got them working. No idea what i was doing wrong before. Thanks!</p>

I imagine I should know this, but I can't recall the answer:

I am playing WWE (2001) and I find I'm booking matches where both participants show a performance of over 90, but the match scores in the low 70s. How can this be???? Matches are in the US, so it's not a language barrier issue or a low-pop location issue...

I am playing WWE (2001) and I find I'm booking matches where both participants show a performance of over 90, but the match scores in the low 70s. How can this be???? Matches are in the US, so it's not a language barrier issue or a low-pop location issue...

Do you have the dirt sheet feature enabled? That feature gives you an explanation for the rating of the match. If you look at that it will tell you what's dragging down your match ratings.

I do have it on...but it doesnt share much.

I have great announcers... there are no injuries or bad chemistry....no "4th meet up penalties".

Are there penalties known to the game, but DON'T show up in the dirt sheet?

(based on the fact it's WWE...a popularity-based fed?)

This sounds like an issue of not running storylines. With WWE you're going to have to be running storylines and advancing them pretty regularly to get high ratings. Are you running storylines? If so, check the heat of them as well because low heat will bring down ratings as well.

I do have it on...but it doesnt share much.

I have great announcers... there are no injuries or bad chemistry....no "4th meet up penalties".

Are there penalties known to the game, but DON'T show up in the dirt sheet?

(based on the fact it's WWE...a popularity-based fed?)

What kind of length matches are these?

I did a search, but I didn't see anything. Does the AI create titles? Or only what they have been given? Also, do they activate/de-activate titles? I'm working on a mod, so I never paid attention to this before...

EDIT: Hm, look at that! Reading "?" boxes answer things! For those who were like me, make sure "Fix Belts" is "No" under the company edit screen.

<p>Do tag teams build experience if they're not an official tag team? For example, if I have Aaron Andrews and Wolf Hawkins tag team together 12 matches in a row without making the team of Andrews & Hawkins, do they get experience as if they were a tag team?</p><p> </p><p>

Related, do they build experience if they are a tag team elsewhere, but are not an official tag team for your company? For example, if you have Nelson Callum and Ash Campbell tag together in MAW, but you never set them up as a tag team for MAW, would they continue to gain experience?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="piccamo" data-cite="piccamo" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Do tag teams build experience if they're not an official tag team? For example, if I have Aaron Andrews and Wolf Hawkins tag team together 12 matches in a row without making the team of Andrews & Hawkins, do they get experience as if they were a tag team?<p> </p><p> Related, do they build experience if they are a tag team elsewhere, but are not an official tag team for your company? For example, if you have Nelson Callum and Ash Campbell tag together in MAW, but you never set them up as a tag team for MAW, would they continue to gain experience?</p></div></blockquote><p> No and No (I think)</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="piccamo" data-cite="piccamo" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Do tag teams build experience if they're not an official tag team? For example, if I have Aaron Andrews and Wolf Hawkins tag team together 12 matches in a row without making the team of Andrews & Hawkins, do they get experience as if they were a tag team?<p> </p><p> Related, do they build experience if they are a tag team elsewhere, but are not an official tag team for your company? For example, if you have Nelson Callum and Ash Campbell tag together in MAW, but you never set them up as a tag team for MAW, would they continue to gain experience?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> They don't gain tag team experience if they're not an official duo.</p><p> </p><p> If Nelson and Ash are teaming up in PSW, they'll gain experience there, but not for teaming them up with out forming the tag team in MAW.</p>

Hey guys,

I'm playing as a Japanese company for the first time, specially BCG.

To play as a touring company and add touring shows, do you just go to schedule -> add event and create a couple weekly shows? I think that's how to do it but I'm not positive.

Thanks in advance!

Hey guys,

I'm playing as a Japanese company for the first time, specially BCG.

To play as a touring company and add touring shows, do you just go to schedule -> add event and create a couple weekly shows? I think that's how to do it but I'm not positive.

Thanks in advance!

That’s exactly how you do it!

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="piccamo" data-cite="piccamo" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Do tag teams build experience if they're not an official tag team? For example, if I have Aaron Andrews and Wolf Hawkins tag team together 12 matches in a row without making the team of Andrews & Hawkins, do they get experience as if they were a tag team?<p> </p><p> Related, do they build experience if they are a tag team elsewhere, but are not an official tag team for your company? For example, if you have Nelson Callum and Ash Campbell tag together in MAW, but you never set them up as a tag team for MAW, would they continue to gain experience?</p></div></blockquote><p> No and yes. Once they've been created as a team they'll gain experience anywhere they team up together, but not until the team has been created.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="capstrap" data-cite="capstrap" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Just bought the game and playing it for the first time. Also downloaded the most recent real world mod. How can I set it up to play as the WWE owner and also book the NXT shows?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You can't book developmental companies in the current game as the game doesn't let you book developmental and child companies and in all RW mods, NXT is classed as a separate company.</p>