Mods By Fleisch

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They've mentioned on social media they've got more TV deals though hence my confusion.

There were rumours around a few weeks ago that Fight Network in Canada were looking into picking up several wrestling companies including ICW and PROGRESS, nothing official out yet though

Thing with Pivotshare is it would then mean all those promotions being shown worldwide on subscription. Is that right? Can anyone sign up to watch CZW or do they have blocks in place so it is only the US? I'm happy to add all those promotions to it but it will mean companies will be getting more exposure in places they may not in real life.

That is the difficulty with On Demand networks isn't. You can have two like CZW or Progress on pivotshare though the chance of viewer pick up in the US or UK varies. I suppose a blanket very small level across all areas could even it out for viewing figures, as opposed to creating continent specific versions. Just another RW issue that a FW dataset will not really matter around.

Thing with Pivotshare is it would then mean all those promotions being shown worldwide on subscription. Is that right? Can anyone sign up to watch CZW or do they have blocks in place so it is only the US? I'm happy to add all those promotions to it but it will mean companies will be getting more exposure in places they may not in real life.

Not sure about other countries, but I'm in the US and I can subscribe to Progress and RevPro, and I'm sure the same goes for any of the other international promotions. Their website says they have global distribution across many platforms and they have a section dedicated to wrestling, but they don't say if there are any geographical restrictions.

https://www.pivotshare.com/wrestling/

Edit: Only thing I'm unsure of is if you can watch the shows live. If not, I don't know how to properly emulate that in the game. Although it might just be a minor thing that can be overlooked since the event will end up on the promotion's channel eventually.

Out of curiosity, I decided to contact Pivotshare about their range and got this email back.

"Hi Joe,

Thanks for asking. Other than closed countries such as Iran and North Korea, we don't really know of any countries where our services are not available. Thanks and best of luck!"

Out of curiosity, I decided to contact Pivotshare about their range and got this email back.

"Hi Joe,

Thanks for asking. Other than closed countries such as Iran and North Korea, we don't really know of any countries where our services are not available. Thanks and best of luck!"

Excellent. Thank you for getting the information. Maybe I'll do their coverage very small in US and UK (seeing as it appears to be UK and US promotions using it), and tiny everywhere else just to start with. That way they don't get ridiculously over in other areas. We shall see how it goes!

Alternatively, Tiny everywhere as it is subscription. I shall see what numbers it throws up in terms of viewers.

EDIT: Just realised SMASH and AIW are also on Pivotshare so for now everywhere is set as tiny in terms of viewership.

Excellent. Thank you for getting the information. Maybe I'll do their coverage very small in US and UK (seeing as it appears to be UK and US promotions using it), and tiny everywhere else just to start with. That way they don't get ridiculously over in other areas. We shall see how it goes!

Alternatively, Tiny everywhere as it is subscription. I shall see what numbers it throws up in terms of viewers.

EDIT: Just realised SMASH and AIW are also on Pivotshare so for now everywhere is set as tiny in terms of viewership.

I'd definitely go tiny, or maybe even try and make it less realistic, but more balanced. I remember one version of your mod had like ROH and other indies on IPPV which was set as a real broadcaster, which then cause a ton of indies to grow cult. It was later fixed and IPPV just scrapped, andit turned out to be a good diea.

I just think in RW mods you have to balance things out a bit, so it doesn't get overpowered, even at expense of realism. So I wouldn't even mind if those companies didn't have any deals, because deals with small buy-rates like this were usually hard to replicate in TEW terms, maybe it's different now.

Having done a quick couple of months sim to see viewership, at tiny worldwide it varies between 2,000 and 20,000 viewers depending on promotion.

I tried it the way Diablo80 said too, and there is little change in the viewership numbers for most (only ICW lose viewers).

I may just keep it as the one company for the beta release and then we can decide after a few others have played whether to keep it as is, or change it to Diablo80's idea.

Another release (technically) by WWE: Christian has been released from his performers contract. But not his E&C Show deal

(also I didn't notice it in the thread, but you probably already know that Steve Lombardi was released as well)

I tried very hard to finish the picture pack for tomorrows beta but unfortunately, we're still 286 shy. I will be tweaking a couple of things in the data tomorrow morning (UK time) and may get time to do a few more cuts, although not many and hope to have the beta out by 5pm at the latest (although could be earlier).

I tried very hard to finish the picture pack for tomorrows beta but unfortunately, we're still 286 shy. I will be tweaking a couple of things in the data tomorrow morning (UK time) and may get time to do a few more cuts, although not many and hope to have the beta out by 5pm at the latest (although could be earlier).

Take your time, sir. I'm still rocking your 2013's for now :).

Well, this was pretty unexpected but here's a relationship change

Well that's a TEW style WTF pairing! :D Good luck to them - although I can see I'll probably be changing this relationship again in the not too distant future..

EDIT: For those who don't check the first post, I have a new project in the works. One I am really looking forward to producing.

Couple of screens for Territory Wars: An Earth-2 Mod.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/Frontiergfx/WWF_zpsv0t05eas.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/Frontiergfx/Papa%20Shango_zpsmqtbqhip.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/Frontiergfx/Mike%20Sharpe_zpsvrvts82t.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/Frontiergfx/territorywars_zpsrzvyupnt.jpg

Woohoo! Beta time! :D I will try my best not to let it distract me away from my work on Risky Business, and Young Guns following that. :p

And another world where Iron Mike Sharp is the big man on campus? :eek: Having been watching the old Prime Time shows on the Network, I have a newfound appreciation for him. And I was too young to remember that he had worked some World Class shows until I saw one on the Network as well (I think it was the Christmas Star Wars show where the Freebirds turned heel, can't remember).