[RELEASE] - Cornellverse 1997 / CV97

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="a0161613" data-cite="a0161613" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41250" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Would someone be able to upload the pic pack for this please?<p> </p><p> I downloaded from the Google Drive link but there was only the data plus a small Logos, Banner and People folder.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Its the default data pic pack. You just add those logos/banner/people folders to the default pic pack and thats the 97 pic pack.</p>

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Very excited to see this in TEW2020! Can there be suggestions as this gets reworked?

One of the games I played with this was AAA, and there were some little things that bothered me a little. I have no problem with fantasy additions to the worker pool, given they are low level or older workers that were out of the business in 2005. But Victoria Stone has never historically been signed for AAA. Why does she have the tag title there, that was also historically not even there yet? They made it when the division was established (2002?). At the moment the talent pool is just too low. I remember immediately scrapping the belt but felt bad when I had to bring it back with crap prestige.

If this is the only "fantasy" change I can easily change it for my game(s), but these kind of bum me out when you notice them late. If you don't plan on changing this, Derek, could you just mention it in the title that it's a fantasy mod and not a historical one. :p When you play historical mods, it obviously turns into a fantasy game half a year in. But it's better if the player isn't restricted from the start. Fun suggestions (like the Stone/Appleseed tandem) are cool, but don't "lock them in" so the player can't decide for himself whether or not he goes with it.

I've probably mentioned this before, but I've always felt the DeColts were a little overpowered in 1997. Not so much Steve, but Alex and Jack are in their very early twenties, so to see them as practically the finished articles is a bit disappointing. I'd like to see some weaknesses. Maybe Jack is still in his pure not-very-good technician phase. Maybe Alex is skinny and not much of a talker. I want them to suck a little bit, and have fun building up these guys and working through their flaws. That's what appeals to me about a fantasy CGC game.

The new Experience stat might add a cool challenge to them already, as it should be fairly low.

Also the storyline requirements were too hard for the CGC roster in TEW'16, but I expect that kind of thing will change dramatically in TEW'20 anyhow.

Very excited to see this in TEW2020! Can there be suggestions as this gets reworked?

One of the games I played with this was AAA, and there were some little things that bothered me a little. I have no problem with fantasy additions to the worker pool, given they are low level or older workers that were out of the business in 2005. But Victoria Stone has never historically been signed for AAA. Why does she have the tag title there, that was also historically not even there yet? They made it when the division was established (2002?). At the moment the talent pool is just too low. I remember immediately scrapping the belt but felt bad when I had to bring it back with crap prestige.

If this is the only "fantasy" change I can easily change it for my game(s), but these kind of bum me out when you notice them late. If you don't plan on changing this, Derek, could you just mention it in the title that it's a fantasy mod and not a historical one. :p When you play historical mods, it obviously turns into a fantasy game half a year in. But it's better if the player isn't restricted from the start. Fun suggestions (like the Stone/Appleseed tandem) are cool, but don't "lock them in" so the player can't decide for himself whether or not he goes with it.

There have always had to be a bunch of things added to make things more.... realistic? Not sure that's the right word but TEW has had some limits on how it can handle things like titles in the past so AAA could either have a tag title from the start, or never have one ever unless booked by a player. I always felt it would be better to have them with a tag title as the women's scene at that point in time is thiiiiin. Which itself is because the Cornellverse only came into being in 2004, which sometimes shows in how little history it has available before that point.

So things like having Victoria Stone (and Duane) out in the world doing things they aren't canonically doing are always going to be there to make things a little more interesting, as long as it can be justified with some narrative reasons.

As there is no way to not "lock them in" it's going to be there by default, and you are free to use the editor to change anything you don't like the look of. :)

That said....

I've probably mentioned this before, but I've always felt the DeColts were a little overpowered in 1997. Not so much Steve, but Alex and Jack are in their very early twenties, so to see them as practically the finished articles is a bit disappointing. I'd like to see some weaknesses. Maybe Jack is still in his pure not-very-good technician phase. Maybe Alex is skinny and not much of a talker. I want them to suck a little bit, and have fun building up these guys and working through their flaws. That's what appeals to me about a fantasy CGC game.

The new Experience stat might add a cool challenge to them already, as it should be fairly low.

Also the storyline requirements were too hard for the CGC roster in TEW'16, but I expect that kind of thing will change dramatically in TEW'20 anyhow.

.... seeing what Adam has been doing with the default Cornellverse data so far I'm definitely looking to change a bunch of stats and tweak a lot of things to take full advantage of the new TEW2020 features. I'm open to suggestions for anything that people do want to see. Obviously they'll have to work with how I want the data to work but anyone who has ideas feel free to let me know. I won't be looking to remove things from the data as a general rule, but I am happy to add and tweak things to make the most of it. :)

On the DeColts thing, I'm assuming that on top of the Experience attribute, the new tool that Adam mentioned, the one that allows you to take a worker's stats forward or back in time, will be really helpful.

Having played a save in this mod for 16 in-game years, I think my only "issue" would be how some things might get out of control. Burning Hammer, for example, is a behemoth with the bonus of Hinote Dojo and unless PGHW rise up fast enough to challenge them (which they most times don't, as BH buys out them and 5SSW) they march on to International size unchallenged. But that's probably not something that the mod can fix. It is probably one of the many reasons why Adam introduces big story changes with every new game, like BHOTWG losing Kikkawa, Jeff Nova turning 21CW from a flop to a powerhouse and Reverie taking USPW to #1. In TEW16 terms, SOTBPW have Champagne Lover and the money to dominate Mexico unchallenged forever, for example, so I'm hoping that changes with 2020.

I think most of my "problems" have more to do with the way the game processes the mod than they way the mod itself is built, so hopefully with TEW20 a lot of it will be fixed. If there's one thing I'd want added, is eras and trends past the East Coast Wars.

I think most of my "problems" have more to do with the way the game processes the mod than they way the mod itself is built, so hopefully with TEW20 a lot of it will be fixed. If there's one thing I'd want added, is eras and trends past the East Coast Wars.

If the narratives feature is expanded - but I don't think it will be as we've heard nothing (and modders don't seem to use it) - then these kind of changes are definitely an option. Would be great to see a "company debuts title X" or "company gets broadcaster deal with Y".

And things WILL always spiral out of control barring random events like major injuries. Once the AI is on top they wll stay on top unless the player intervenes. Maybe the AI booking skill makes a difference, but I never noticed.

• 1 month later...

Stopped/started with a lot of Cverse based saves in 97: but finally found one I'm enjoying with CGC.

I've recently developed a fascination with WCCW and the Von Erichs so the DeColts appealed. Plus I've got a few default data saves, one being CGC.

Just to say that the mod is excellent work, as always Derek-B and I look forward to a new release of it with the new game. Just adding to the levels of anticipation for the update.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
Why are the company pictures so low res?

There's dozens of new companies. I'm not really a fan of it as some debut before 2020 which is ahistorical. Some indeed have horrible pics, but you can delete them pre-game. Once they debut you'd have to change it to something else.

• 2 weeks later...

Just started a DAVE save and it’s been absolute chaos. I hired some of the user avatars, including the sheik character. Turns out the sheik is incredibly unsafe and broke Vengeances neck in a match… needless to say the sheik needs another job. I also tried to build up the hype to face JD Morgan but both people couldn’t stay sober. The Hype destroyed my backstage rating and missed 3 shows. I fired him and also fired JD due to wrestling drunk constantly.

Besides those disasters I’ve been trying to build up nemesis with Emma chase and Phil vibert as an evil stable. It’s tough so far to find the balance of events in terms of finance, and I’m working through a lot of matches to find chemistry but I am loving this save. I hope for more news soon if anyone reads this