so copied my files, cancelled my shows and simmed. The message came Mid Aug when I was -140K. I finished the month +44K, and the next month +65 K. I simmed through October (pop started dropping so I'm sure sponsors did too) and it shut me down Nov 1st, when I was probably almost even.

At least in my case with 1.03, it was >1mo (small promotion ranked 16-17 due to international pop).

Wondering what all factors into leniency so I know if it's possible to prolong it. It's obviously more than profitability

also of note as of when I get the bank note in Aug 1017 (as seen via the editor, and I'm guessing that this is what Adam is tweaking in the patches, though I'm thinking downwardly adjusting aggression in production values could save a lot of these companies more than messing with sponsorship and in turn help the user at small)....

21CW balance of -14,212,130

ACPW balance of -2,654

GCG balance of -1,385,341

MAW balance of -8,283

PGHW balance of -4,579,820

SAISHO balance of -14,676

RIPW balance of -7,991

WINNOW balance of -32,775 (opened Aug 2016)

If I make it past the bankruptcy, which I will as I have properties I can sell if needed, I might live to see several big names close and a completely altered playing field.

So the real question is the best path forward. I think I'll try to play it as legit as possible and keeping going with the intention of keeping my DOJO, but might back it up and see what happens if I sell the dojo to make it to profitability (I'd instantly be out of debt with cash to spare and can then afford to up production to get rid of at least 2 of the penalties). Eco and industry in my home area are peaking at the right time (C+/C- with both rising, up from something along the lines of F-/F at one point earlier)

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

also of note as of when I get the bank note in Aug 1017 (as seen via the editor, and I'm guessing that this is what Adam is tweaking in the patches, though I'm thinking downwardly adjusting aggression in production values could save a lot of these companies more than messing with sponsorship and in turn help the user at small)....

It would help to lower production aggressiveness, but the current patch is so much better, and more realistic than 1.03. 1.03 basically feels like cheating with the unrealistic amount of sponsorship you get. Going from local -> small -> regional is possible, but difficult. That's the point of 0-0-0-0 feds, no one would really start a fed with 0 dollars so it should be difficult.

Noted that should be 2017 in my post, but I find your take interesting. I thought 1.03 was too little sponsorship. The only way I survived it was by 4-5 monthly shows, some starting money, and using internet to build pop overseas.

The change from the prior patches to 1.03 killed my prior game because 1.03 decreased money. From my understanding it's gone up since 1.03, but was then tweaked back down so I'm not sure how it compares now. Looking back at an old save, even 5 months (22 shows) in I was only getting 7K/mo and wasn't even close to breaking even with show costs. Heck even this game I'm probably still going to bankruptcy unless I cave and sell my dojo, which I wouldn't have in a true 0/0/0/0 Here's the difference......

a different game pre 1.03

y3mFjdVdsMrh7Pa6_f1dR5_PEh7mHsw59P3oyVLohssE-zO2Vy8opkrdwyVBCROxuBl3ZQgzdS5-_lZJ48LXhq4GV4nwV5SCmazpS_gc3nqzXiIcLIewKi143Io2cCC6WjU80zFLBuDLdT_YYZyuKT0DVCOKywVKW_bNrnN0G7Z54Q?width=923&height=633&cropmode=none

and the present game entirely on 1.03 (old save)

y3mzx6Iy9vuBV5OaWDcw3G5pGNSI6pJ5WremaONPAlJhEOiLOaOjHAM16fxOyoPm_sO7SvwJK7r5ZPdCKG4BGCqqliogBBx1_wXmW8YSscOLOqXGa-xM9cUx62wviQfCV1fnZ6Nlz18jV0RaJK8jQGKzRPMS74r0Sw_tv3ShRK6ZJw?width=926&height=640&cropmode=none

Noted that should be 2017 in my post, but I find your take interesting. I thought 1.03 was too little sponsorship. The only way I survived it was by 4-5 monthly shows, some starting money, and using internet to build pop overseas.

The change from the prior patches to 1.03 killed my prior game because 1.03 decreased money. From my understanding it's gone up since 1.03, but was then tweaked back down so I'm not sure how it compares now. Looking back at an old save, even 5 months (22 shows) in I was only getting 7K/mo and wasn't even close to breaking even with show costs. Heck even this game I'm probably still going to bankruptcy unless I cave and sell my dojo, which I wouldn't have in a true 0/0/0/0 Here's the difference......

y3mFjdVdsMrh7Pa6_f1dR5_PEh7mHsw59P3oyVLohssE-zO2Vy8opkrdwyVBCROxuBl3ZQgzdS5-_lZJ48LXhq4GV4nwV5SCmazpS_gc3nqzXiIcLIewKi143Io2cCC6WjU80zFLBuDLdT_YYZyuKT0DVCOKywVKW_bNrnN0G7Z54Q?width=923&height=633&cropmode=none

y3mzx6Iy9vuBV5OaWDcw3G5pGNSI6pJ5WremaONPAlJhEOiLOaOjHAM16fxOyoPm_sO7SvwJK7r5ZPdCKG4BGCqqliogBBx1_wXmW8YSscOLOqXGa-xM9cUx62wviQfCV1fnZ6Nlz18jV0RaJK8jQGKzRPMS74r0Sw_tv3ShRK6ZJw?width=926&height=640&cropmode=none

The major differences in the newest patches would be the rework for local/small promotions. The minimum number of workers for local promotions was dropped to zero, and the show costs were dropped for both. It made less reliance on sponsorship and made it possible to break even solely based on shows a little quicker.

As noted by Doogshare, a lot of your points have long been made irrelevant by patch 1.07. It is fully reasonable to run one or two shows a month and to be profitable and out of debt by the 18 month mark without needing to do anything gamey. I would recommend you update your patch and try how that feels.

I'm merely pointing out that I was surprised he'd consider 1.03 to be high, given that people complained and Adam increased the sponsorship. Not trying to say 1.03>1.07 or anything like that. But I also don't want constantly changing game rules with patch after patch. So I'm sticking with this for now. Will then update when I Start my next game, likely a mod where I take over WCW, trying to turn the corner and manage all of the egos and contracts.

and correction from before, I saw the bankruptcy on Nov 1st, but looking back it closed mid October. so about 2 months. Looks like I'm selling a dojo to stay alive, but now the fun begins cuz I actually have money and am making money.

I'm merely pointing out that I was surprised he'd consider 1.03 to be high, given that people complained and Adam increased the sponsorship. Not trying to say 1.03>1.07 or anything like that. But I also don't want constantly changing game rules with patch after patch. So I'm sticking with this for now. Will then update when I Start my next game, likely a mod where I take over WCW, trying to turn the corner and manage all of the egos and contracts.

and correction from before, I saw the bankruptcy on Nov 1st, but looking back it closed mid October. so about 2 months. Looks like I'm selling a dojo to stay alive, but now the fun begins cuz I actually have money and am making money.

For what it's worth, the local-level economy will probably go largely unchanged at this point since I believe, post-1.07, this is the most universally praised iteration of the economy yet. I don't know if closures are still more common than there supposed to be, so some more changes could still technically come for larger promotions at most.

For what it's worth, the local-level economy will probably go largely unchanged at this point since I believe, post-1.07, this is the most universally praised iteration of the economy yet. I don't know if closures are still more common than there supposed to be, so some more changes could still technically come for larger promotions at most.

Well, I am 18 months in, and I love it. It feels just right and at this same point in the original version, companies were crashing left and right. Now, I haven't had a single small fed go under to this point, and the two new startups (ELPF and HIW) that have appeared seem to be doing okay as well.

Well, I am 18 months in, and I love it. It feels just right and at this same point in the original version, companies were crashing left and right. Now, I haven't had a single small fed go under to this point, and the two new startups (ELPF and HIW) that have appeared seem to be doing okay as well.

I have to agree....it would seem that this has the "just right" feel in the CVerse which AI companies with money have time to figure things out while a human player has plenty of time to see if he can make it with no money.

<p>Seems that rock hard is really what it says on the tin this time, Jim Kettner at ECWA ain't helping, he keeps raising his production values, the fool, I was particularly disappointed with the 300 dollar TV income, thought I would get more than that..</p><p> </p><p>

<a href="http://imgur.com/LxgGpIR" rel="external nofollow">http://imgur.com/LxgGpIR</a></p>

I think part of why it doesn't work for me is that I do weekly shows with a sizeable roster. It could probably work for monthly or with smaller shows and less workers, but it makes no sense for me to drop that much 2.5 years in just to accommodate a patch. My next game will likely start with the latest patch to test out the differences, but this one won't switch over until I can sustain it.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="liontamer" data-cite="liontamer" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41258" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think part of why it doesn't work for me is that I do weekly shows with a sizeable roster. It could probably work for monthly or with smaller shows and less workers, but it makes no sense for me to drop that much 2.5 years in just to accommodate a patch. My next game will likely start with the latest patch to test out the differences, but this one won't switch over until I can sustain it.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think it is working as they intend it to be, it is just very difficult, which I have no problem with whatsoever, rock hard should mean rock hard, but it is much, much more difficult to get a footing that it was in 2013, that's for sure..</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheFlamingred" data-cite="TheFlamingred" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41258" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I don't think those problems are something we're having trying the 0/0/0/0 company. It costs 2.3k per show, and with a ref and a road agent and 6 wrestlers, you're gonna need to spend about 2k-2.5k on workers for the most part (1.6k I think is near absolute minimum) if you're not the owner and the owner is laying themselves lots, even more. Downsides are normally defaulted to zero, and events only and other perks such don't reduce the prices that much from what I have seen - though maybe I should try it with a 10 skill in negotiating to see if I can get the price down even further. <p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> A road agent with a 0/0/0/0 company? I almost always play a 0/0/0/$1000 company and never bother with hiring a road agent. I'll get one experienced wrestler and as him/her to be the road agent until I'm up to small or larger and can afford to have someone I waste. I do the same with the announcer position. I just rotate wrestlers or maybe a manager through that position until the company is profitable enough to afford an announcer. The color commentator is always just someone not participating in the event now. I've been doing this since some of my games for TEW 2010.</p><p> </p><p> I understand wanting everything, but honestly a 0/0/0/0 company doesn't need a dedicated road agent. Any worker with a psych rating over 50% is going to be good enough to pull up your match ratings.</p>

Archived