That's a good point - are there any advantages to being at Small rather than Local now, with the sponsorship growing consistently rather than jumping up?

I did wonder if there is a Growth plateau, otherwise, you may as well stay local until you are ready to jump to cult. Never tried it, but I do tend to keep my size at the current size until I have a little leeway with popularity, so I don't lose a battle and move down a size within one month.

For the sake of 0/0/0/0, I think once you hit about 10 pop, you're well out of the initial challenge and more into a normal game zone and normally out of debt too, so sticking with a smaller size is sometimes a universal tactic, rather then one to help you get out of debt.

I am noticing, that 0.5 pop gain a show seems to be very standard now, as in, I've not seen a show generate more then that, even in favourable conditions (I remember 0.8 gains in 13) but I cannot get that at all now. Is there a new hard limit to these gains? Or is this a side effect of losing 'show size' in favour of 'show reputation'

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am noticing, that 0.5 pop gain a show seems to be very standard now, as in, I've not seen a show generate more then that, even in favourable conditions (I remember 0.8 gains in 13) but I cannot get that at all now. Is there a new hard limit to these gains? Or is this a side effect of losing 'show size' in favour of 'show reputation'

Under the latest patch I have not seen anything more than .5 gain.

You get a 0.7 pop gain when the industry is very favorable, the same window that makes it 0.2 when it is unfavorable. It seems like Adam is trying to make the income shift equally on ticket sales and sponsorship, so that would be the end goal with growing in size.

You get a 0.7 pop gain when the industry is very favorable, the same window that makes it 0.2 when it is unfavorable. It seems like Adam is trying to make the income shift equally on ticket sales and sponsorship, so that would be the end goal with growing in size.

Well the 0.7 makes sense, but again this is defiantly a shift from 13 to 16, as I was getting the about 0.8 pop without very favourable economy (was using 97 mod which apparently has only average starting industry). So growth is indeed a little slower then in the previous game.

Yes, normally it's at regional when you really start seeing your ticket sales outshine your sponsorships, and is the point you begin moving from 1 show a month to two, then to weekly plus one bigger event. But I don't know how the numbers go for having a 'small company' at say 40 pop is. I've never tried it (and probably never will) as I tend to aim for 3-5 pop above what is needed then allow the size switch (though in '13 I never did until nearing cult as you got decent sponsor boosts - but in 16 it seems a good idea to do it for each size increment).

Nb: If you don't have regional battles at small, could you skip regional battles completely in theory? Set size to small, then get yourself to cult size with the 60/40 importance split in two regions and then BANG - jump straight to national battles? not a serious suggestion (or consideration on my part) but just wondering about the limits of the game.

Nb: If you don't have regional battles at small, could you skip regional battles completely in theory? Set size to small, then get yourself to cult size with the 60/40 importance split in two regions and then BANG - jump straight to national battles? not a serious suggestion (or consideration on my part) but just wondering about the limits of the game.

But you do have regional battles at small- I think this is a change from 13 IIRC, but as soon as my fed hit small, I got into the battles.

Blast, I meant local... I've probably used the wrong size about a half dozen times In this head. Wish local was called tiny still, local and small have very simpliar meanings in my head, :p

:D In that case, yes I think you are on to something possibly. I set my size cap at local for now (I restarted after the patches to try and make it work) and I am going to see how much I can grow pop and sponsorship at that level. The only thing that concerns me is the ticket sales. As I mentioned above, I saw more than double increase from local to small, and I am not sure by staying local you can ever get the ticket sales needed to really start making money.

:D In that case, yes I think you are on to something possibly. I set my size cap at local for now (I restarted after the patches to try and make it work) and I am going to see how much I can grow pop and sponsorship at that level. The only thing that concerns me is the ticket sales. As I mentioned above, I saw more than double increase from local to small, and I am not sure by staying local you can ever get the ticket sales needed to really start making money.

The only other issue is, getting good enough workers to consistently get at 66 show (to grow upto 60). Lots of workers won't sign you for your size, and lots of workers who can put on a sixty show will get signed away from you. How big the issue is, I have no idea as I've never tried this, even in 13. I only thought of it on the whim.

Is there a real reason to stop from growing to Small? I mean, as long as your roster is more or less the same, and I guess the momentum hit to your promotion, why stay at local? Does your popularity continue to rise if you lock at local?

Is there a real reason to stop from growing to Small? I mean, as long as your roster is more or less the same, and I guess the momentum hit to your promotion, why stay at local? Does your popularity continue to rise if you lock at local?

Small turns on small roster penalties, so you have to be able to afford 16 wrestlers as opposed to however few you were running in local, and the cost of running shows gets bumped up (according to Adam, local's show costs are very low comparatively, so maybe a couple more grand a month?).

Small turns on small roster penalties, so you have to be able to afford 16 wrestlers as opposed to however few you were running in local, and the cost of running shows gets bumped up (according to Adam, local's show costs are very low comparatively, so maybe a couple more grand a month?).

It does cost more per show- it went up about 200 per show that I could see, the roster size penalty is a big one- currently I am running ten workers, to add six more overnight would be costly- plus the regional battles, and then the production hits you take once at small.

The other side is that Creepshow raises a good question as to whether you can keep growing pop (and therefore sponsorship income) at local. It might be capped, might not, I'll report back if I discover anything on this or perhaps someone else has done this and can tell us.

It does cost more per show- it went up about 200 per show that I could see, the roster size penalty is a big one- currently I am running ten workers, to add six more overnight would be costly- plus the regional battles, and then the production hits you take once at small.

The other side is that Creepshow raises a good question as to whether you can keep growing pop (and therefore sponsorship income) at local. It might be capped, might not, I'll report back if I discover anything on this or perhaps someone else has done this and can tell us.

I like this concept because it adds a new layer of strategy that 13 never did. In 13 it was always a must to jump up because the only downside was the regional battles but this time it seems you have to build your warchest before making the jump just like when you are going from regional to cult.

I like this concept because it adds a new layer of strategy that 13 never did. In 13 it was always a must to jump up because the only downside was the regional battles but this time it seems you have to build your warchest before making the jump just like when you are going from regional to cult.

Agreed- in 13, while I enjoyed it a lot, getting a 0/0/0/0 at least to Regional and great income was pretty formulaic. The variety came in who you signed, who you pushed etc. This is a good deal different. I am finding that with 9 paid workers plus the UC and a ref (total wage cost under $3000/show), I am still losing money every month. I am trying 2 shows a month to build pop and see if I can get the sponsorship up to turn a profit when I drop back to one show a month. 6 months in and still at about -4000 deficit, so the debt is piling up :(

Agreed- in 13, while I enjoyed it a lot, getting a 0/0/0/0 at least to Regional and great income was pretty formulaic. The variety came in who you signed, who you pushed etc. This is a good deal different. I am finding that with 9 paid workers plus the UC and a ref (total wage cost under $3000/show), I am still losing money every month. I am trying 2 shows a month to build pop and see if I can get the sponsorship up to turn a profit when I drop back to one show a month. 6 months in and still at about -4000 deficit, so the debt is piling up :(

If you are at -4000 I would say you are pretty rosey....I'm at September with -40k. I've only been running one show a month because my economy was god awful to start.

-$4k is plenty. I am almost 2 years in capped at local and I am $10k in the black, but at my lowest point I was -15k before I started taking every other month off until I was making a profit.

-$4k is plenty. I am almost 2 years in capped at local and I am $10k in the black, but at my lowest point I was -15k before I started taking every other month off until I was making a profit.

Sorry, meant -4k a month, so total debt is 33k. I don't know if I will survive the 18 month mark- the economy started at B- and falling so it's at C now. Hopefully it will swing back up shorty. Industry started at E and is now a D+ and rising.

As some follow up for the capping at local vs not capping argument, it seems like capping at local puts a HUGE cap on attendance. I am testing out going up to small and my attendance shot up by 200 people (which is 2k more income that month!). So there are positives and negatives to staying at local.

EDIT: And it also seems like my merchandise income shot up by about 1.5k as well! I'm actually super pleased that income isn't entirely sponsorship-based at the early stages like it was in the previous TEW games to make it more realistic.

Thanks for the info on capping sizes. Good to know their is a substantial bonus for moving up. What were the increased fixed costs other than +$200 a show?

Also, I posted this in the small questions thread and didn't get a response. Anyone run into something similar?

Anyone have sponsors drop like a rock. Without Industry or Economy having their letter grade change (it might have changed from B- to C+, but that is minor) my sponsorship has fallen from $4,900 to $1,174 in a single month. I was not involved in a scandal and there has been nothing that rocked the business. The only cause I can see is that my popularity from my internet support randomly disappeared from around 1.5% globally to 0% nearly everywhere over a two week period. (the entire save game has been on the new patch)

Any idea the cause? I have not yet encountered a drop like this before. Other potential causes, my home region's importance could have fallen (currently 87%) or the traditional product could have fallen (popular currently).

I'm not at home right now but I believe it ended up being around a grand or so in the miscellaneous costs like production, but the miscellaneous income also increased slightly. I'll take a screenshot of my finances when I get home in a couple hours.

http://i.imgur.com/zqk3Oan.png

This is what finances look like in the first month bump up from local to small, so if you have some funds to hire some cheap guys I'd say you can probably pull it off at any time (you can just leave your lower carders off of shows to make it work).

y3mpnelZS3nNjlMcNNcZIDozmvDYmmW8hQ2iDsBFZ1ibDjay3ddVFDV2TXmhnnFXU4A57iArCjiUw_IRWU-NmQnfkSbOJDRSfi5dsDDe_-3h_uBfADU8cyNQpFuXqfbUAjOO9fQVwgoJsh4BHNGDX2E50XcZI5__nansZl3SHX-aEE?width=923&height=642&cropmode=none

Turning the corner. Hoping to make it back to avoid going bankrupt without having to sell a dojo. (entire save done using 1.03 to avoid constantly changing finances that kill the prior game)

Though costly at the start, I think I figured out how to use the whole internet thing to my advantage and it is a big part of the reason my sponsorship is so high as all but Australia have an area that is at least 9.8 + spillover to other areas within the country/continent

Expect a transition as I've been expanding my roster with new talent and am only giving 25% pay raises when requested, upsetting a lot of talent. Using them presently to train up new talent that are much cheaper.

For those curious about the Dojo, they are now up to D+, C, C, and worth 167K, 223K, 226K (all started f-/0% at 25K). No graduates yet after 15 months.

I stopped following the new updates for now, but if the current version is still difficult financially, I'd recommend to newbs turning worker frequency to a higher level, starting it immediately (defaults to 2016), and simming a few months before starting your game. Early on there are not enough cheap talent to really sign. Adding a few randoms puts nice variety in your game and keeps costs down (I didn't sim first, but have turned up frequency as I like lots of people to choose from and it has kept my roster very different from the last game).

anyone know how to add my banner in? I thought had put it in in the editor before starting the game, guess not

Luckily, I'm not the only one that feel Rock Hard is so Hard.

Just share my experience on Japan, I started and do all possible calculation just to make sure I just got -2K every month untill my sales ticket could cover it up. So bad things happened, I lost my Regional battle right after my size increased to Small in Kanto (I lost because of the penalty of not upgrading the production stuffs, because I don't want to losing much more money), then tsunami came. Economy and industry crash like never before.

Lesson learned : A human being only could make a plan, but things might happened. Maybe you should prepare some contingency plan (are you serious?!).

Have fun guys :D glad to share

Luckily, I'm not the only one that feel Rock Hard is so Hard.

Just share my experience on Japan, I started and do all possible calculation just to make sure I just got -2K every month untill my sales ticket could cover it up. So bad things happened, I lost my Regional battle right after my size increased to Small in Kanto (I lost because of the penalty of not upgrading the production stuffs, because I don't want to losing much more money), then tsunami came. Economy and industry crash like never before.

Lesson learned : A human being only could make a plan, but things might happened. Maybe you should prepare some contingency plan (are you serious?!).

Have fun guys :D glad to share

Yeah, Japan makes this especially difficult since you have a guaranteed economy crash relatively early in the game. You essentially NEED to get your pop up quickly while there is still an industry in the country so you can have access at least some sponsorship when the crash hits.

Can't recall from my prior game. Once you get the dreaded bank message at 18 months .... how long until you're shut down? was it 6 months?

Just got it again, but I got that debt to 135K without cutting shows thus far. Wonder if it takes into account how profitable I've been of late.

And I have started seeing roster members depart, but it shouldn't hurt too bad - might actually help.

Can't recall from my prior game. Once you get the dreaded bank message at 18 months .... how long until you're shut down? was it 6 months?

Just got it again, but I got that debt to 135K without cutting shows thus far. Wonder if it takes into account how profitable I've been of late.

And I have started seeing roster members depart, but it shouldn't hurt too bad - might actually help.

You'll shut down that month I believe. You have 12 months immunity as a new company and 6 months of credit as a local company.

Archived