The Road to Glory Challenge

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="mvargus" data-cite="mvargus" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41290" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>As Dr. Hook said the 4 production values will now start to be compared to any other "small" sized company in the same country as you. If you are US based that means NYCW, GSW, IPW usually, and sometimes PSW and MAW if they are still open. (they seem to close in 2017 quite often.) I would recommend not trying to match GSW's level right away. They have levels that as insanely high for a small promotion.<p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Is anyone else getting compared to RIPW like me? They are killing me because the have SWF fitting their production bill for them.</p>

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ProfetinhaPT" data-cite="ProfetinhaPT" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41290" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hi there guys. I still don't understand how can I start the company and don't go to bankrupcy. How much you get paid by sponsors? Can I start with a 12-man roster? Which is the tactic to maintain the starting company?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> 12 wrestlers is far too big for this challenge. You should have 6- yourself, and five more, and they need to be as cheap as you can possibly get. Aside from that, a lot depends on your starting economy and industry. If they are good, you can do fine, if not, it's very tough.</p><p> </p><p> In this thread are various do's and dont's for early finances. </p><p> </p><p> <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=533595&highlight=0%2F0%2F0%2F0" rel="external nofollow">http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=533595&highlight=0%2F0%2F0%2F0</a></p><p> </p><p> The latter part of thread is after some patches that leveled the difficulty out.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="K-Nection" data-cite="K-Nection" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41290" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is anyone else getting compared to RIPW like me? They are killing me because the have SWF fitting their production bill for them.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yep, they killed me too in that way. I eventually climbed to regional and they stayed small and got away from it, but yeah I could never get past them in that regard.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dr. Hook" data-cite="Dr. Hook" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41290" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>12 wrestlers is far too big for this challenge. You should have 6- yourself, and five more, and they need to be as cheap as you can possibly get. Aside from that, a lot depends on your starting economy and industry. If they are good, you can do fine, if not, it's very tough.<p> </p><p> In this thread are various do's and dont's for early finances. </p><p> </p><p> <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=533595&highlight=0%2F0%2F0%2F0" rel="external nofollow">http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=533595&highlight=0%2F0%2F0%2F0</a></p><p> </p><p> The latter part of thread is after some patches that leveled the difficulty out.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Uhm, so the other 5 wrestlers you speak off, wouldn't be used or I just rotate them... Already got a little bit of an idea. So the better thing to do, is to hire 12 cheap wrestlers, do a monthly show consisting of 3 single matches. 6 wrestlers per show, no more.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ProfetinhaPT" data-cite="ProfetinhaPT" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41290" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Uhm, so the other 5 wrestlers you speak off, wouldn't be used or I just rotate them... Already got a little bit of an idea. So the better thing to do, is to hire 12 cheap wrestlers, do a monthly show consisting of 3 single matches. 6 wrestlers per show, no more.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I had 6 total to start, no one costing more than $300 plus my user character who is free. I always play with myself as an owner but if you have a wrestler as an owner he will wrestle or work free if a ref or something until you have 10k in the bank or so. A cheap ref and that is it. I ran three matches and three angles per show on a 1 hour show.</p><p> </p><p> I did 2 shows a month for the first six months, and ran up a debt, but it was necessary to build as much popularity as possible to start. After that I ran 1 show a month and started making a profit near the end of the year and was out of the red in 17 months or so.</p><p> </p><p> Basically, it doesn't matter if you hire twelve and use 6, or just have 6, but the problem you potentially will have is unhappy workers if they get regularly left off shows.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ProfetinhaPT" data-cite="ProfetinhaPT" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41290" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Uhm, so the other 5 wrestlers you speak off, wouldn't be used or I just rotate them... Already got a little bit of an idea. So the better thing to do, is to hire 12 cheap wrestlers, do a monthly show consisting of 3 single matches. 6 wrestlers per show, no more.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I've managed to get through the early months twice. Both times I did the same thing. (this is with the computer selecting my owner and giving me Marvin Earnest who I put in as an announcer)</p><p> </p><p> 1) hire 5 wrestlers looking for cheap but skilled. Only one cost more than $300.</p><p> 2) Hire the cheapest referee possible</p><p> 3) shows were set up with 3 singles matches and lasted only one hour</p><p> 4) rotate opponents so over the course of 3 shows all 3 faces faced each heel ones. (I use face/heel divides.)</p><p> 5) rinse and repeat until my sponsor money was enough to allow me to start adding people. This usually occurred shortly after the promotion was at F popularity in their home region, so 10-15 months into the game I would start adding wrestlers, but I did that slowly to ensure I never started losing money again. (this is with 1 show per month, some people front load the show schedule and then take a few months off.)</p>

<p>Does anyone else use an announcer/colour guy before getting TV? Alex Braun is my new owner, so I have him as colour and road agent. His first show was better than the one before, so I brought in Rob Miskovsky as announcer, and got my best show rating in months...</p><p> </p><p>

So, coincidence? It was a well-booked show headlined by the very over American Elemental II against David Stone for the title (B)... but I do wonder how much Alex and Rob may have contributed to that.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="James Casey" data-cite="James Casey" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41290" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Does anyone else use an announcer/colour guy before getting TV? Alex Braun is my new owner, so I have him as colour and road agent. His first show was better than the one before, so I brought in Rob Miskovsky as announcer, and got my best show rating in months...<p> </p><p> So, coincidence? It was a well-booked show headlined by the very over American Elemental II against David Stone for the title (B)... but I do wonder how much Alex and Rob may have contributed to that.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I ended up with Marvin Earnest as my owner. He wanted to be a color commentator, but I used him as an announcer right from the start. and in 2018 I hired Grace Harper to be a color commentator. </p><p> </p><p> It does seem to improve your shows a little, especially if they turn out to have good chemistry or high stats.</p>

Going to try this for the first time in 2016 later today. Just wondering what the default rules for the Challenge are in terms of injury setting, assuming it's just left at the normal setting? I always set it and relationships a bit higher in my personal games but willing to see how it goes if most people don't tweak the default setting.

What Business skills do I assign? or can they juts be anything I want? with regards to when you start a game and choose your negation skill, creative skill etc

For me the best ones are hands down diplomacy and leadership. These will help you sort out relationship problems and create a better backstage environment. The negotiation for me didn't save my much money to make it worth it. Creativity is good, as it helps with getting better gimmick ratings, motivating I haven't really tampered with at all- I just leave it in the middle.

For me the best ones are hands down diplomacy and leadership. These will help you sort out relationship problems and create a better backstage environment. The negotiation for me didn't save my much money to make it worth it. Creativity is good, as it helps with getting better gimmick ratings, motivating I haven't really tampered with at all- I just leave it in the middle.

excellent cheers, I wasn't sure if there was rules to set these or if I could just pick my "style"

excellent cheers, I wasn't sure if there was rules to set these or if I could just pick my "style"

There are templates you can use and then adjust from there- makes it a bit easier. I think I chose the Diplomat one, then adjusted a bit after that.

Going to try this for the first time in 2016 later today. Just wondering what the default rules for the Challenge are in terms of injury setting, assuming it's just left at the normal setting? I always set it and relationships a bit higher in my personal games but willing to see how it goes if most people don't tweak the default setting.

It's down to personal preference. I have mine at medium and am satisfied with the amount of injuries I get, but I know others have set to high and liked that as well.

There are templates you can use and then adjust from there- makes it a bit easier. I think I chose the Diplomat one, then adjusted a bit after that.

yeah I normally use the templates and tweek when playing a normal game just weren't sure if there were rules for it where this challenge was concerned

I went 7/5/4/3/6 - 7 negotiating typically saves me about 20% on the cost of workers, for example. Leadership at 3 gives me a penalty every show; I have a hard time keeping my backstage above 75%, but I have lots of positive backstage influences, and don't generally have major negative backstage incidents.

<div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="font-size:24px;">Jonathan Claw - Power Pro Wrestling - CV16X mod - YEAR 3</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-size:18px;">The Road to Cult Begins!</span></p><p>

<span>http://i.imgur.com/BpUdcwJ.png</span></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-size:14px;">Reached D+ pop in the Mid-Atlantic.</span></p><p><span style="font-size:14px;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-size:14px;">

The roster I have now will probably be my roster going all the way to cult unless I find some better workers along the way.</span></p><p><span style="font-size:14px;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-size:14px;">

I’m consistently winning regional battles now in three areas.</span></p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://i.imgur.com/4jS6kK2.png</span></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-size:12px;">Title News:</span></p><p> </p><p>

</p><ul><li>I booked myself to win the company’s top title (much to the anger of Acid II… oops)!<br /> <br /></li><li>Kid San Juan is the holder of the mid-card title, soon to move up into the main title picture.<br /></li></ul><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-size:12px;">Notes from over the year:</span></p><p> </p><p>

</p><ul><li>PGHW and BHOTWG went to war and both CEOs ended up getting fired<br /></li><li><strong>Acid II and El Mitico Jr pull off PPW's first B-grade match!</strong><br /></li><li><strong>TCW, PSW, RIP, NYCW are now hostile to PPW</strong><br /></li><li>El Mitico Jr leaves PPW for greener pastures.<br /></li><li><strong>REGIONAL!</strong><br /></li><li>Logan Wolfsbaine is WotY?<br /></li><li><strong>First A-grade angle: Tenn Williams promo!</strong><br /></li><li><strong>Set my career highest Singles match vs. Tenn Williams: B-grade!</strong><br /></li><li>Jake Idol poached by SWF<br /></li><li><strong>1 Million in the bank!</strong><br /></li><li><strong>Logan Wolfsbaine wins Young Wrestler of the Year 2018</strong><br /></li><li><strong>PPW wins Most Improved Company 2018</strong><br /></li></ul><p></p><p> </p><p>

Skills:</p><p>

<span>http://i.imgur.com/TYSjeqG.png</span></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Rolled:</strong></p><p>

52. "The Real Rock n' Rolla" (Gave myself +10 Charisma)</p>

I'm sure it's been asked but I'm too lazy to search the entire thread for the answer... are we allowed to make our user characters change weight class when we want or do we have to wait for that to happen naturally or via end of year roll?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Derek B" data-cite="Derek B" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41290" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm sure it's been asked but I'm too lazy to search the entire thread for the answer... are we allowed to make our user characters change weight class when we want or do we have to wait for that to happen naturally or via end of year roll?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think it's meant for the end of the year rolls since there are rolls that are weight class specific....just like there is about joining alliances.</p>

<p>Finally got around to working on this. I'm still a little bit off starting fully, but it's just flavour stuff at this point for a diary/blog. Let me know if I'm missing anything; I'm using a mix of i_effin_rule's <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=533960" rel="external nofollow">Effganic 1920</a> mod as a base, the locations from the Default CVerse and sockpuppet's <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=534600" rel="external nofollow">Manly Mod</a> for extra gimmicks/injuries/locations, so I had to do a little bit of a workaround.</p><p> </p><p>

Wrestler: Èlisa Durand - <a href="http://i.imgur.com/6fniAF3.png?2" rel="external nofollow">Link</a></p><p>

Stats: <a href="http://i.imgur.com/5Q23E2U.png?1" rel="external nofollow">Link</a></p><p>

Performance: <a href="http://i.imgur.com/czOP2t0.png?1" rel="external nofollow">Link</a></p><p>

Promotion: Ultra Pro Wrestling - <a href="http://i.imgur.com/giBpWmp.png?1" rel="external nofollow">Link</a></p><p>

Product: <a href="http://i.imgur.com/MMU4fka.png?2" rel="external nofollow">Link</a></p><p>

Preferences: <a href="http://i.imgur.com/hCxDzXP.png?1" rel="external nofollow">Link</a></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Antitonic" data-cite="Antitonic" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41290" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Finally got around to working on this. I'm still a little bit off starting fully, but it's just flavour stuff at this point for a diary/blog. Let me know if I'm missing anything; I'm using a mix of i_effin_rule's <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=533960" rel="external nofollow">Effganic 1920</a> mod as a base, the locations from the Default CVerse and sockpuppet's <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=534600" rel="external nofollow">Manly Mod</a> for extra gimmicks/injuries/locations, so I had to do a little bit of a workaround.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> So are you running the effganix world up to your debut? I've thought about doing that, too. I'm interested to hear how it goes.</p>