The Road to Glory Challenge

<p>I started a new RTG based upon a new character I created: Jacob Wolff. Wolff is a pretty stock babyface at this point. He is a Detroit-native who uses a blue collar gimmick for my Detroit-based promotion: Deadly Overloaded Action.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Here are Jacob Wolff's starting stats:</strong></p><p>

<a href="http://s65.photobucket.com/user/ajbabinat134/media/Capture2.png.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h221/ajbabinat134/Capture2.png</span></a></p><p> </p><p>

After one year, DOA is going strong. Growth is slow, but we aren't in the red and we have a handful of workers who have stuck with us throughout the whole year. </p><p> </p><p>

I started off with owner Stan Manna, Wolff, Seth Whitehead, JOJI, Austin Smooth, and Kurt Lovenkrantz as referee. Whitehead got scooped up in June by RIPW to a developmental deal, though, and I eventually cut JOJI so I could reduce my costs. I've since replaced both with Preston Fuller and Robin Newman.</p><p> </p><p>

Stan Manna has been DOA Champion since January 2016, and likely won't drop the title until Wolff is ready to take it off of him. Speaking of my UC, <strong>here are his stats after one year:</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<a href="http://s65.photobucket.com/user/ajbabinat134/media/Capture1.png.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h221/ajbabinat134/Capture1.png</span></a></p><p> </p><p>

As for my first dice roll, I ended up with:</p><p> </p><p>

</p><ul><li><span style="text-decoration:underline;">42: "Step Into The Light"</span> - You get your 15 minutes of fame. +5 Pop across entire base country.<br /></li></ul><p></p>

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've gotten really into this RTG, so this morning we just wrapped up year two of DOA (it helps that I've only run six shows per year thus far).

DOA saw more roster turnover in 2017, as Cobra left us on a developmental deal in RIPW. Our current roster is Austin Smooth, Robin DaLay, Eikichi Itou, my user character, Robin Newman, Kurt Lovenkrantz as referee, Preston Fuller, Shuzo Utagawa, and the first and still-reigning DOA Champion, Stan Manna. Manna's run at the top of the card has been great for our steady growth, but my user character is nearly to the point where a title change is plausible.

Jacob Wolff after 2016:

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h221/ajbabinat134/Capture1.png

Jacob Wolff after 2017:

http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o744/babinatadam/Capture3_zpsaox1cfno.png

DOA is still a local company. We have $14,982 in the bank right now, and about two-three years from hitting small. However, I am planning on riding a hot wrestling industry (which has given us tons of sponsorship money) by running one show a month. Hopefully that gives us the extra push we need to reach small!

As for the United States wrestling seen, SOTBW, SWF, and USPW are the new "Big Three," as TCW was rated of all its top talent. Here are the top five main eventers for each company:

• South Of The Border Wrestling - Champagne Lover, Giant Khoklov,, Nicky Champion, El Leon, and Valiant
  • Supreme Wrestling Federation - Rocky Golden, Jack Bruce, Remo, Wolf Hawkins, and Aaron Andrews
  • United States Pro Wrestling - Jay Chord, Steve Frehley, Rich Money, Vengeance, and The Wrath of God

As for my dice rolls, I ended up with:

• 2017 - 33: "Makeover Time" - You get yourself an image makeover. Yor sex appeal, star quality, and menace EACH randomly change by anything between -5 and +15 [Note: I rolled a 6, 10, and 2, respectively, on those stats.]
  • 2016 - 42: "Step Into The Light" - You get your 15 minutes of fame. +5 Pop across entire base country.

This was always one of my favorite ways to play TEW in the past, but I just don't get anything close to enjoyment out of it in 16. Probably because even though I'm running 5 whole wrestlers along with my UC and my owner ref working for free, I'm losing $1k/month (nobody is making more than $270 with most around $200 and none of them are all that great, just young wrestlers), but the biggest reason is that even with a medium positive trending product, I am gaining a whopping 0.1 after each show (which are in the high 30's/low 40's). That's with a high 60's (so C+) and improving wrestling industry too.

I get that it is now a grindfest in 16, but running a local fed for a whopping 10 years because I can't get anything but a 0.1 gain. A 0.3 gain, which is what I thought was the min. for a positive trending product without the industry being in the toilet, is just over 3 years running the full 12 shows/year, which you might not be able to afford to do, is just about as much fun to me as watching paint dry. (I went ahead and jumped the gains to 0.3 and didn't improve my outlook on the challenge or my bank balance)

Am I doing something horribly wrong? I really do miss being able to do this challenge.

There was a change to pop gains made shortly after release of TEW2016 that changed pop gains from (0.3-0.5-0.8(?)) for bad-ok-excellent industry to (0.1-0.3-0.5). I went on vacation shortly after release and when I came back the pop gains were changed to the point where I would have to forsake immersion to play a smaller company for something like the RTG to stay afloat. That plus the removal of larger pop bumps if you outperform your popularity have kind of kept me from playing TEW16 nearly as much as I put in with 2013.

Also, I don't know if the pop change was documented anywhere or not but I couldn't find anything in the patches thread that indicated the change either :/

I went on vacation shortly after release and when I came back the pop gains were changed to the point where I would have to forsake immersion to play a smaller company for something like the RTG to stay afloat. That plus the removal of larger pop bumps if you outperform your popularity have kind of kept me from playing TEW16 nearly as much as I put in with 2013.

Also, I don't know if the pop change was documented anywhere or not but I couldn't find anything in the patches thread that indicated the change either :/

I think you could see the topic in Technical forum. Yes, this is a change for gains in popularity from Tiny and Very small Broadcasters, it is explained and introduced over there + you get a chance/hope that this may be overturned :)

I think you could see the topic in Technical forum. Yes, this is a change for gains in popularity from Tiny and Very small Broadcasters, it is explained and introduced over there + you get a chance/hope that this may be overturned :)

You're talking about 2 different things. There's the base pop gain which was severely nerfed in 2016 (which is why I listed it as a grindfest because it is). The fix for tiny/vs broadcaster gains just got implemented and still need to be tweaked as they're not doing all they should to stop foreign feds from booming in regions 2 areas away from home.

I still don't understand why I'm only getting 0.1 pop gain at my local shows when they're way better than required AND are with a medium positive trending product. I am hoping someone can answer that and/or give me tips on how to bypass that so I can enjoy RTG because right now I don't see how anyone can unless they're a sadomasochist. That goes for anything under Cult quite frankly. Because booking only the worst 10% of non-time decline wrestlers for 10 years while not making much, if any, money just isn't my idea of fun.

Edit: Ah, I think I see what you're saying, though again, Adam is saying that the 1.37 patch change only affects TV and not your non-TV event pop gains so I should be getting 0.3 per show instead of 0.1. Maybe I'll try it again whenever 1.38 comes out if he tweaks it again.

<p>Deadly Overloaded Action just wrapped up its third year in operation, and we are proud to announce that (after glimpsing at the editor) we are nearly to Small! My hope is, if the economy and industry holds, we should make the jump in June.</p><p> </p><p>

As I mentioned in my last post, DOA was pushing for 12 shows. This was an increase of six shows from 2016 and 2017. In order to keep things fresh, I added eight more workers to the roster. Most of them were rookies, or workers on extremely low salaries. With that said, DOA has a vibrate roster which was able to add a tag team division due to the influx in talent.</p><p> </p><p>

Our inaugural tag team champions were Robin Newman, as the masked comedic character "Krash," and his rookie tag team partner, G Force (renamed to Garfield Harms). The comedic pairing only held the belt for a brief time, though, as they lost the belt to new stable The Truth's tag team: The Amazing Caballeros. Meanwhile, The Truth's leader Stan Manna lost the DOA Champion after a two-and-a-half year reign to my user character, Jacob Wolff. Wolff's reign has been up and down thus far, but we will see how things go heading into the first few months of the year.</p><p> </p><p>

Finally, 4C reached out to us and we managed to ink a working agreement with the Canadian promotion. While I have utilized this agreement much yet, I plan on mixing things up in 2019.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Jacob Wolff after 2017:</strong></p><p>

<a href="http://s1341.photobucket.com/user/babinatadam/media/Capture3_zpsaox1cfno.png.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o744/babinatadam/Capture3_zpsaox1cfno.png</span></a></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Jacob Wolff after 2018:</strong></p><p>

<a href="http://s1341.photobucket.com/user/babinatadam/media/Capture4_zpshskj8q6n.png.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o744/babinatadam/Capture4_zpshskj8q6n.png</span></a></p><p> </p><p>

As mentioned previously, DOA is still a local company. We have $34,041 in the bank right now, and about six months from hitting small. I plan on spending a little more just to help our guys develop a little more, but overall I plan on maintaining our current levels until we hit Small. Then, perhaps, I will look towards adding an extra half hour to our monthly show.</p><p> </p><p>

As for my dice rolls, I ended up with:</p><p> </p><p>

</p><ul><li>2018 - <span style="text-decoration:underline;">17: "Nose To The Grindstone"</span> - You have devoted your holiday season to training in the ring, +5 to any top row skill of your choice [<strong>Note:</strong> I added +5 to my Brawling skill.]<br /></li><li>2017 - <span style="text-decoration:underline;">33: "Makeover Time"</span> - You get yourself an image makeover. Yor sex appeal, star quality, and menace EACH randomly change by anything between -5 and +15 [<strong>Note:</strong> I rolled a 6, 10, and 2, respectively, on those stats.]<br /></li><li>2016 - <span style="text-decoration:underline;">42: "Step Into The Light"</span> - You get your 15 minutes of fame. +5 Pop across entire base country.<br /></li></ul><p></p>

Deadly Overloaded Action has four years under its belt, and we are officially Small! We did 12 shows, as usually, but unveiled two special shows to replace our usual "DOA: Fight Night" events: DOA Battle For Supremacy and DOA Above & Beyond.

I have gotten really into this game, and I may turn it into a diary. We'll see. In the mean time, here is Jacob Wolff's progression in 2019.

Jacob Wolff after 2018:

http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o744/babinatadam/Capture4_zpshskj8q6n.png

Jacob Wolff after 2019:

http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o744/babinatadam/Capture5_zps30iifobr.png

As for my dice rolls, I ended up with:

• 2019 - 28: "A Bumpy Ride" - You have devoted your holiday season to training in the ring, +5 to your Basics skill
  • 2018 - 17: "Nose To The Grindstone" - You have devoted your holiday season to training in the ring, +5 to any top row skill of your choice [Note: I added +5 to my Brawling skill.]
  • 2017 - 33: "Makeover Time" - You get yourself an image makeover. Yor sex appeal, star quality, and menace EACH randomly change by anything between -5 and +15 [Note: I rolled a 6, 10, and 2, respectively, on those stats.]
  • 2016 - 42: "Step Into The Light" - You get your 15 minutes of fame. +5 Pop across entire base country.

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>End Of Year 4</strong></p><p>

<span style="font-size:8px;">THE SLOG CONTINUES</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Wrestling is finally popular enough for Project X Wrestling to start gaining popularity so maybe we'll get out of Local this year! I still haven't given Jordan Joyce the title because Raphael and Marc Speed rake in B match performances and my third best wrestler, Lightning Lomas, is giving me consistent C+'s now. <span style="font-size:8px;">why aren't these guys signed?</span> I can't even touch that just yet so I am keeping the save fun with these guys and putting my user character in the secondary storylines.</p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong>End Of Year Rolls</strong></span></p><p> </p><p>

2009: <em><strong>37.</strong></em><em> “Eeeehhhhhhhhhhh” or “It’s Not Arrogance If You Can Back It Up” You can choose to add 20 points to your Cool Performance rating OR Cocky Performance rating OR use a random number generator to score between 0 and 50, adding the number to either rating. </em> - rolled 24, added to Cocky.</p><p> </p><p>

2008: <em><strong>40.</strong></em><em> “I SMASH!!” or “I’m In My 20s, On The Internet And I Enjoy The WWE” You can choose to add 20 points to your Brute Performance rating OR Weird Performance rating OR use a random number generator to score between 0 and 50, adding the number to either rating. </em> - rolled 36, added to Brute.</p><p> </p><p>

2007: <em><strong>18.</strong></em><em> "Fists of Fury" You have devoted your holiday season to training in the ring +5 to your Brawling skill</em></p><p> </p><p>

2006: <em><strong>49.</strong></em><em> "Where There’s A Will" One of your die hard fans has passed on bequeathing their worldly possessions to your promotion. Do you accept it or donate it to charity? Gain EITHER $56,609 or +5 Prestige.</em> - didn't donate to charity, Project X was saved.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><em>The quest to Small continues...</em></p></div><p></p><p></p>

End Of Fifth Year

2010 IS IN THE BOOKS... OUT OF SIGHT!

http://i.imgur.com/UDP9M9c.jpg

2010 was a good year, we hit Small! And I got a B rated match in the final show of the year, not bad. I also won the Project X Prodigy title (finally, right?) but Brendon Idol returned after USPW let him go so I dropped it to him. He has programs lined up with Raphael, Frankie Dee and Joey Poison this year which will be exciting to book.

That said, I did apply for the booking position in a newly formed Lucha Libre promotion so we'll see what 2011 holds...

End Of Year Rolls

2010: 16. "Chance to Train" You have been offered the chance to train with a Wrestling Legend. Gain +20 points to spend on any performance row stats. (Basics, Psychology, Safety, Consistency, Selling) - sound.

2009: 37. “Eeeehhhhhhhhhhh” or “It’s Not Arrogance If You Can Back It Up” You can choose to add 20 points to your Cool Performance rating OR Cocky Performance rating OR use a random number generator to score between 0 and 50, adding the number to either rating. - rolled 24, added to Cocky.

2008: 40. “I SMASH!!” or “I’m In My 20s, On The Internet And I Enjoy The WWE” You can choose to add 20 points to your Brute Performance rating OR Weird Performance rating OR use a random number generator to score between 0 and 50, adding the number to either rating. - rolled 36, added to Brute.

2007: 18. "Fists of Fury" You have devoted your holiday season to training in the ring +5 to your Brawling skill

2006: 49. "Where There’s A Will" One of your die hard fans has passed on bequeathing their worldly possessions to your promotion. Do you accept it or donate it to charity? Gain EITHER $56,609 or +5 Prestige. - didn't donate to charity, Project X was saved.

• 2 weeks later...

<p><span>http://i.imgur.com/Y2AkzaD.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Running in C-Verse '97 with EVOLVE in Australia, a performance > pop company. Here is my progress after one year.</p><p> </p><p>

Aaaaaaand my year end roll:</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>42. "Step Into The Light"</strong> You get your 15 minutes of fame. +5 Pop across entire base country.</p><p> </p><p>

This pushes my avatar, Kenny Kihara, into the main event scene, and puts me behind only EVOLVE Champion Tom Gilmore in terms of popularity. I'm pretty happy about this, because I know that Gilmore will be poached at some point, and this positions me comfortably as a reliable figurehead.</p><p> </p><p>

My current roster is: Boo Smithson, Butch Perry, Harry Simonson, Inky the Squid Boy, Jack Giedroyc, Jackson Jackson (referee), Manfred Marx (owner), and Tom Gilmore (champion).</p><p> </p><p>

I REALLY lucked out with Manfred Marx as owner - he took over and immediately invested $100,000 into EVOLVE. This has made my initial loss of money a non-issue, and along with the rising Australian wrestling industry and economy, is getting me very close to making a profit. Last month I lost only $600. So far, this has been my best RTG game since TEW 2016 came out.</p>

<p>Hey everyone, long time player of this game mode (primarily in TEW 12), but first time poster to this RTG thread. Without any further ado, allow me to introduce you to Mike Sierra, a young wrestler recently selected to be the Head Booker of Tri-State Wrestling Alliance.</p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://imgur.com/a/duedp</span></p><p> </p><p>

(BTW, please let me know if my math is off)</p><p> </p><p>

Using a real world mod set in December of 2016, I am starting with this company: </p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://imgur.com/a/EWT8y</span></p><p> </p><p>

Let our adventure begin.</p>

<p>Playing a Cverse97 game as NextGen Wrestling (NGW) in SE Europe. For now we're running bi-monthly shows as we're trying to get off the ground and at the same time spread wrestling in this barren land. Survived the first year and I got</p><p> </p><p>

30. “You Can Dance If You Wanna” You have devoted your holiday season to training in the ring +5 to your Safety skil</p>

<p>I come bearing gifts. I was looking to get back into playing TEW and decided I wanted to start an RTG. From there, I decided to put together a spreadsheet for tracking. It's a simple workbook that will help track your wrestler's starting stats and his/her progression.</p><p> </p><p>

The first screenshot is of the "ORIGINAL" tab. You'll first want to populate the name and database year. This will help you figure out your birth year. From there, you'll want to enter in your ratings. The only cells that require any input are the ones shaded in light orange. There are some visual checks programmed into the sheet to help with any errors. For the Face/Heel section, everything is OK. The gimmick section has an error, though. You'll need to correct the numbers until they total 300. For the Skills Points cell, it will give you the number of points you need to change. In this case, I need to remove 35 points. I also need to lower Consistency, as it is higher than the 75 point cap. Once you enter all of this data and get three "GOOD!" prompts, you are done. You'll never use this particular tab again.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://i.imgur.com/4YtnjCQ.png</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

After your first year is up, you'll head to the "Yearly" tab. Enter your name and the current year first. Then, you can update each of your skills to their current rating. Once the skills are entered, you can click the "Roll" button. This will randomize the Mystery Box to give you the bonus. You will need to manually make the bonus adjustment to the above skills, if applicable. Once the skills are finalized, click the archive button. This will copy all of your ratings for that particular year to the "Tracker" tab for archival purposes.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://i.imgur.com/71i8is4.png</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Since the "Archive" button automatically copies all of the ratings to the "Tracker" sheet, you'll just need to click the "Refresh" button to update the PivotTable. This will give you a better view of each statistical category and the progress/regression of your character.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://i.imgur.com/9Yk1GUt.png</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

If you run into any issues, please let me know. I haven't really bug tested this, but it seems to be working for my test run. If there is anything else you think would be interesting to add, I'd be happy to try and get it implemented.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Have fun!</p><p> </p><p>

<a href="http://joshengleman.com/RTG.xlsm" rel="external nofollow">RTG Tracker</a></p>

<p>I've just entered 2001, and A LOT has changed.</p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://i.imgur.com/YnHFyAU.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p>

Toward the end of 1998, I jumped ship from EVOLVE to the newly opening small sized Ring of Fire in England. The run went pretty well. I consistently made a profit, and put on some decent matches, but ultimately the style of the promotion just didn't suit me.</p><p> </p><p>

So, toward the end of 2000, I managed to grab the booking job of the similarly sized WLW in Japan. I've run less than a month worth of shows, which culminated with Black Cobra (Duane Stone) becoming the inaugural Universal Champion, and simultaneously forming the Black Heart Smile stable with Acid and GRIM (Richard Coleman). I'll probably build to a title match between Black Cobra and Dark Angel. I'll be forming a team with Tom Gilmore in order to kickstart the tag division.</p><p> </p><p>

Anyway, I'll likely stick with WLW, barring things going south with the company.</p>

Okay, I have a question (I know I'm Cult so the challenged won't be completed anyway) but Mikey James and my UC just put on a 99 (I had previously gotten an A but when I looked in my Top 100, my match was first, so I went to preferences to change from letter grades to numbers just to check to see how good it was) and it is technically an A* in the number system but in the letter grade system, it's only technically an A, so I was wondering say that happened and I was at National (or higher) and I got a 96 - 99, would that still only be an A or would the challenge be 'completed'?

<p>Quick question: For the end of this year, I got</p><p> </p><p>

<em>4. "Chance Encounter" While on holiday abroad you have befriended a wrestler and offered them a job (choose a wrestler in another regional area who is unemployed, make them active in your area and create a Strong Friendship between you and them)</em></p><p> </p><p>

My company is based in SE Europe and still Local in size, I was wondering what kind of workers are eligible. Do they have to be in other regions of Europe (Central Europe, Iberia etc) or does it have to be a wrestler from completely another region (US, Canada, Mexico, UK, Japan or Australia). Also, do I check depending on where they are based or where they are available to work?</p><p> </p><p>

Thanks in advance</p>

<p>Hey everybody! It's been awhile since I've been on this post but my RtG game keeps trudging along, we're coming up on the end of 2024 with my char Al the Best and his fed, F1 Wrestling. Nearly ten years!</p><p> </p><p>

Wanted to see if anyone had any advice to offer on the jump from regional to cult. I'm sitting with a million five in the bank, but my roster is quite large because I A. have separate heavyweight, lightweight, and women's divisions, and B. have altered my product to such a degree that nearly every category is, "heavy," meaning I need at least one high spot or show-stealer, one technical masterclass, one wild brawl or hardcore, and one storytelling per show. Lots of roles to fill so my roster has to be big.</p><p> </p><p>

Based on this, I've seen some people suggest around five million in the bank is a good cash amount to have for the jump, wanted to see if anyone had any other opinions on this, and how they made the jump in terms of building their pop, like did you run a bunch of shows in one region and use the overflow or did you run shows in multiple regions? Any answers/tips would be appreciated, thanks everyone!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DarK_RaideR" data-cite="DarK_RaideR" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41290" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Quick question: For the end of this year, I got<p> </p><p> <em>4. "Chance Encounter" While on holiday abroad you have befriended a wrestler and offered them a job (choose a wrestler in another regional area who is unemployed, make them active in your area and create a Strong Friendship between you and them)</em></p><p> </p><p> My company is based in SE Europe and still Local in size, I was wondering what kind of workers are eligible. Do they have to be in other regions of Europe (Central Europe, Iberia etc) or does it have to be a wrestler from completely another region (US, Canada, Mexico, UK, Japan or Australia). Also, do I check depending on where they are based or where they are available to work?</p><p> </p><p> Thanks in advance</p></div></blockquote><p> To answer my own question, since the result says "make them active in your area", the way workers define the places they're available to work in, I understand "area" means US/Canada/Mexico/UK/Japan/AUS/Europe.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DarK_RaideR" data-cite="DarK_RaideR" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41290" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>To answer my own question, since the result says "make them active in your area", the way workers define the places they're available to work in, I understand "area" means US/Canada/Mexico/UK/Japan/AUS/Europe.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I would read it to mean that you're basically choosing a wrestler who is based in any area other than your own and adding that area to their available areas in the workspace.</p><p> </p><p> So, using our respective dynasties for the purposes of illustration...</p><p> </p><p> You run GSW and get this End-of-year instruction. You decide to go with SNP linchpin Riddick Jordan. You'd add USA to Jordan's regions of potential employment, give him a strong friendship with you and offer him a job.</p><p> </p><p> That's just my interpretation obviously but I think it's in agreement with your post above.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DarEatWorld" data-cite="DarEatWorld" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41290" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I would read it to mean that you're basically choosing a wrestler who is based in any area other than your own and adding that area to their available areas in the workspace.<p> </p><p> So, using our respective dynasties for the purposes of illustration...</p><p> </p><p> You run GSW and get this End-of-year instruction. You decide to go with SNP linchpin Riddick Jordan. You'd add USA to Jordan's regions of potential employment, give him a strong friendship with you and offer him a job.</p><p> </p><p> That's just my interpretation obviously but I think it's in agreement with your post above.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's down to the definition of what an "area" means. To my european mind and experience, countries are smaller than the game's regions (Central Europe, Iberia etc) and then there's the continent (Europe). To an american, "country" would mean the entire US, game regions correspond to various groups of states and "continent" would include Canada and Mexico.</p><p> </p><p> Like I said, I went with the fact that wrestlers can or can't work on the "bigger scale" (Canada/US/UK/Europe/Japan etc) so if the result says "make them active in your area" that means "area" corresponds to the huge chunks on the map (Canada/US/UK/Europe/Japan etc) and not specific regions where wrestlers are based on.</p><p> </p><p> That said, I befriended Nelson Frye, who was based in and only worked in the UK.</p>