The Road to Glory Challenge

http://i.imgur.com/0n8wHU0l.png

Woohoo! This RTG just got A LOT easier! I'm finally out of my hell hole of 0/0/0/0 company to a small Japanese company that's part of The Modern Japan Movement. And to top it all off, they have 10 MILLION in the bank! Improvements are about to be made in rapid fashion :D

Congrats :) Time for your UC to learn an new language

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

!!

Congrats :) Time for your UC to learn an new language

Yes, indeed. I just signed Roku Sotumora to a 3 appearance contract to get dominated by me 3 consecutive events so I can get some quick pop. He's E+ throughout Japan with 1 area a D- and another a C- so it should boost me up quickly. I also added 2 weekly events. If I can keep making money and jump to regional with more sponsorship money I'm going to try to open a network in Japan to get some weekly income. Idk, we'll see. This is definitely exciting, though!

And to add to my joy, Kikkawa just got fired from Burning Hammer after a scandal involving him making racist comments came to life. I love it lol.

Just started my Road to Glory game... Gordon Rush is going to take the Wrestling world by storm.

I forgot to give myself a starting Owner, but Michael Bull who is now the owner is gonna work for free until we are in a healthier financial position apparently, is that new to 2016?

EDIT: Can I say, that I LOVE the new auto booker feature?

Just started my Road to Glory game... Gordon Rush is going to take the Wrestling world by storm.

I forgot to give myself a starting Owner, but Michael Bull who is now the owner is gonna work for free until we are in a healthier financial position apparently, is that new to 2016?

Yeah, it's a really helpful tool to get a referee or road agent as your owner because they will defer their pay for awhile while boosting your match ratings when you have really poor workers.

I got Michael Bull too before EX2010's owner died and I was able to become booker. I ran 4 shows before I finally got 1 point of popularity. A true zero promotion is incredibly difficult this time.

Also, after 2 matches in Japan my popularity is at 18 in my home region. I main evented a tag match w/ Magnum Kobe who had 1 date left on a loan when I got there, then a squash victory over the aforementioned Roku Sotomura. Really excited to get back on after work

I lost like 10 grand, but when you have over 10 mill in the bank who cares! One bad thing is I finished 5 out 6 in regional battle. That sucked. Hopefully once I build my stats up from working with the Japanese talent I can really drive the ratings.

I just rolled 54, I guess my Obese Heavyweight guy is now an MMA fighter? I added 10 to toughness to bring it to 85. My menace is only at 25, so I figure 85 toughness means I can at least get beat up good.

In bad news, Gidayu Katou who was my Champion broke his neck while on tour with PGHW, there goes my $250 PPA Main Eventer.

New Challenge

Starting out as Jonathan "The Weatherman" Claw as booker of Long Island Wrestling Club, a pop>perf promotion (for added challenge).

Went in with no owner and The Masked Mauler (who got a lot of work in my TEW2013 games) picked up LIWC.

http://i.imgur.com/5mZjaLr.png

Finished up a year! Happy to roll a 27 and add another 10 points between the entertainment skills - couldn't turn down having 90 charisma this early. I basically just use myself as a jobber and an extra guy in entertainment segments, the Jesus push can come later.

We hit Small last month I think, and while we're $40k in the red we should be able to turn it around with higher sponsorship. If I knew better I would have rushed with even more shows per month, but splitting it up between a year of losing money and a year of making the money back works pretty neatly.

I think I lucked out a bit with the owner - Honest Frank has 70s in psych and entertainment skills which is really good for this level, especially the psych. Two drawbacks - I gave him the belt and now he's just not dropping it - and he changed the product up on me!

I'm signing Elliot Thomas (ex-TCW) to take the belt even though he's expensive, Frank won't job to anyone on the roster and he can't keep up in the main events with people like Wolfsbaine and Laura Flame. He's on a bad time decline and the product (that he picked!) is awful for him.

We went from Heavy Mainstream to None and he tacked the Daredevil all the way up too. Give yourself narrower production definitions than "None-Key Feature" for everything unless you want that to happen too I guess

I just rolled 54, I guess my Obese Heavyweight guy is now an MMA fighter? I added 10 to toughness to bring it to 85. My menace is only at 25, so I figure 85 toughness means I can at least get beat up good.

In bad news, Gidayu Katou who was my Champion broke his neck while on tour with PGHW, there goes my $250 PPA Main Eventer.

"The Babyfaced Superweight" :p .Shame about Gidayu, he's good and cheap

I am in April 2017 and NOTBPW has just been bought out by SWF and PSW just made Remmy Skye their Figurehead. Cobra botched a move and injured Roger Monteiro causing them to hate eachother, but with my positive meddling it went to Shimmering tension and then now they have no relationship at all, HALLELUJAH!

"The Babyfaced Superweight" :p .Shame about Gidayu, he's good and cheap

My secondary goal is to become a Ripped Middleweight before I retire!

http://imgur.com/M9R7tBj

Year 1 finished. Managed to not bankrupt my company and make some nice gains but my roll was +20 to pain killer addiction so we will see how that ends :(

Also, this is the 1997 CV mod and BHOTWG bought out GCG in October so it should be an interesting file regardless.

EDIT: Apparently they also bought out 5SSW and BBW leaving just BHOTWG, PGHW and Hinote Dojo in Japan. Will be interesting to see how this mod plays out.

Finished up a year! Happy to roll a 27 and add another 10 points between the entertainment skills - couldn't turn down having 90 charisma this early. I basically just use myself as a jobber and an extra guy in entertainment segments, the Jesus push can come later.

We hit Small last month I think, and while we're $40k in the red we should be able to turn it around with higher sponsorship. If I knew better I would have rushed with even more shows per month, but splitting it up between a year of losing money and a year of making the money back works pretty neatly.

I think I lucked out a bit with the owner - Honest Frank has 70s in psych and entertainment skills which is really good for this level, especially the psych. Two drawbacks - I gave him the belt and now he's just not dropping it - and he changed the product up on me!

I'm signing Elliot Thomas (ex-TCW) to take the belt even though he's expensive, Frank won't job to anyone on the roster and he can't keep up in the main events with people like Wolfsbaine and Laura Flame. He's on a bad time decline and the product (that he picked!) is awful for him.

We went from Heavy Mainstream to None and he tacked the Daredevil all the way up too. Give yourself narrower production definitions than "None-Key Feature" for everything unless you want that to happen too I guess

That's awful but I know the feel. Hillarious though that he changes the product so you can't afford a new champ that wrestles the style (kills your income) and ruins match ratings (no pop for workers) so he's left unchallenged at the top.

I am in April 2017 and NOTBPW has just been bought out by SWF and PSW just made Remmy Skye their Figurehead. Cobra botched a move and injured Roger Monteiro causing them to hate eachother, but with my positive meddling it went to Shimmering tension and then now they have no relationship at all, HALLELUJAH!

My secondary goal is to become a Ripped Middleweight before I retire!

What the hell happened the NOTBPW? Steve DeColt go down or signed away? Also, that's my goal too! Light Heavyweight Ripped.

What the hell happened the NOTBPW? Steve DeColt go down or signed away? Also, that's my goal too! Light Heavyweight Ripped.

No idea, wasn't paying attention to the rest of the world, I was curious on how the National Battles were going, and noticed NOTBPW wasn't on the list, and thought they had fallen to Cult, but it was much worse than that. SWF, USPW and SOTBPW are the only National companies in the entire world right now.

No idea, wasn't paying attention to the rest of the world, I was curious on how the National Battles were going, and noticed NOTBPW wasn't on the list, and thought they had fallen to Cult, but it was much worse than that. SWF, USPW and SOTBPW are the only National companies in the entire world right now.

That's weird, did you find out where DeColt ended up? Like in my game TCW has been raided hard - losing Hawkins to SWF and Chord to USPW

That's weird, did you find out where DeColt ended up? Like in my game TCW has been raided hard - losing Hawkins to SWF and Chord to USPW

Yeah, it's very weird. Because Japan is currently a four-way battle for supremacy between BHOTWG, GCG, PGHW and WLW (All four are at Cult). I wonder if WLW and GCG will end up on top, because they don't affect each other in Regional AND National Battles, so if they both reach National, they won't hurt each other (if they both remain in the modern movement).

Also, Steve DeColt was with NOTBPW until the very end and then he remained unemployed until he retired three months later. (He is still unemployed, and can be hired to be a Colour guy) Sad too, because he was the #1 Wrestler for the half-year awards in 2017. I think he didn't go anywhere else, because he only has A Pop in Canada and E- in USA, and it's in the F's everywhere else and his Family Feud relationship with Alex probably prevented him from going to CGC (If he would even work for a Cult company when his pop is A)

It's a sad affair, because he walked away from his family's business, only to have his new job ripped away by the SWF (albiet 8 years later), and he is an outsider to his own family. He had to retire at the age of 43, I wonder if it was partially because there were no jobs left for him to take, he was not popular enough to sign with company's that he would even consider elsewhere, lol

EDIT: In other news, Steve Flash is still going strong at 51 years old. I wish I could sign him (owner goals, can't sign anyone over 35 yrs old) because he would make for a great Tag partner for my user char, to teach him Basics and Psychology faster, lol

Yeah, it's very weird. Because Japan is currently a four-way battle for supremacy between BHOTWG, GCG, PGHW and WLW (All four are at Cult). I wonder if WLW and GCG will end up on top, because they don't affect each other in Regional AND National Battles, so if they both reach National, they won't hurt each other (if they both remain in the modern movement).

Also, Steve DeColt was with NOTBPW until the very end and then he remained unemployed until he retired three months later. (He is still unemployed, and can be hired to be a Colour guy) Sad too, because he was the #1 Wrestler for the half-year awards in 2017. I think he didn't go anywhere else, because he only has A Pop in Canada and E- in USA, and it's in the F's everywhere else and his Family Feud relationship with Alex probably prevented him from going to CGC (If he would even work for a Cult company when his pop is A)

It's a sad affair, because he walked away from his family's business, only to have his new job ripped away by the SWF (albiet 8 years later), and he is an outsider to his own family. He had to retire at the age of 43, I wonder if it was partially because there were no jobs left for him to take, he was not popular enough to sign with company's that he would even consider elsewhere, lol

EDIT: In other news, Steve Flash is still going strong at 51 years old. I wish I could sign him (owner goals, can't sign anyone over 35 yrs old) because he would make for a great Tag partner for my user char, to teach him Basics and Psychology faster, lol

I think you're forced to leave alliances when you hit National? I'll have to check but I'm sure that was a feature. As for DeColt, kind of a sad ending but at least he could come back as a Personality? Would be phemonial with his skills and pop.

Another point, is it possible to coax someone back from retirement? Pressuming they're in good condition and not out of the business.

I think you're forced to leave alliances when you hit National? I'll have to check but I'm sure that was a feature. As for DeColt, kind of a sad ending but at least he could come back as a Personality? Would be phemonial with his skills and pop.

Another point, is it possible to coax someone back from retirement? Pressuming they're in good condition and not out of the business.

Not sure on coming back from retirement, but on the Alliances thing, the Alliance screen specifically says "Do not affect other members in regional/national battles." so I would assume they would stay in, unless they chose to leave.

Also, at the end of year 2, I rolled +20% Steroids. That's a great thing for my MMA career... I'm sure I'll test positive for steroids if user chars even leave for MMA fights. LOL

I don't think so. I was just looking at the MJM since I'm in it with EX2010 and any size company can join. Whether or not you get kicked out when you grow, idk. If I remember the dev journal it said companies will leave alliances if it feels it's no longer beneficial to them.

Not sure on coming back from retirement, but on the Alliances thing, the Alliance screen specifically says "Do not affect other members in regional/national battles." so I would assume they would stay in, unless they chose to leave.

Also, at the end of year 2, I rolled +20% Steroids. That's a great thing for my MMA career... I'm sure I'll test positive for steroids if user chars even leave for MMA fights. LOL

Picked up a few tricks from MMA ;) Jk, look at it as a kickstart to your 2nd goal, you'll be ripped in no time.

How about rats and sinking ships?

Bankrupted my company (D-Day with that appears to be October 1st, 2017 and not January 1st, 2018 if you plan on running in the red and making the money back). Economy and business in the US are both E and falling. Then - in the mailbox the same day? A local company opened up in the UK. And they wanted me!

The business here is bad too. 21CW downsized to Cult. They laid off like half their ridiculous freakshow roster, including almost all of the young national school guys. Grave Digger? Andrew Lee? Apollo Prince? Sifu? Mark Adonis? They're all mine. And there's still no one else here besides the big guys, me and SNP.

Coming up on the end of 2018 and I just rolled .....

33. “Makeover Time” You get yourself an image makeover. Your sex appeal, star quality and menace EACH randomly change by anything between -5 and +15. (roll once for each stat)

I just lost 2 sex appeal, gained 11 star quality and gained 15 menace. I say makeover SUCCESSFUL. I have 89 Star Quality now, and 40 menace and my Sex Appeal dropped from 58 to 56. I hope I can get the makeover again, and gain enough Star Quality to bring me to 100. LOL

I started off with 100 Babyface and 0 Heel skill. I've got my Heel skill up to 54.

EDIT: Shane Sneer passed away in May 2019. So I created a Shane Sneer Memorial Cup and inducted him into my company's Hall Of Fame for his contributions to the Wrestling industry.

So the tsunami came and killed the wrestling business in Japan. However, didn't effect me too much. I was losing 60 to 70 grand a month anyway, and I still am. At this rate, I'll be able to.run EX2010 another 10 years, give or take a year.

Good news though, my pop is almost 70. I just made myself figurehead, so hopefully that'll begin to help put EX2010 above or directly behind GCG until I'm regional and able to share their top guys. Also developing nicely. About to turn over from trying to get pop to trying to get bigger skill gains.

Finally, how long does it take to learn a new language? I'm not talking fluently, just basic or passable. As far as TEW is concerned, I've been in Japan 4 months and don't even have the basics. Smh.