The Road to Glory Challenge

So the tsunami came and killed the wrestling business in Japan. However, didn't effect me too much. I was losing 60 to 70 grand a month anyway, and I still am. At this rate, I'll be able to.run EX2010 another 10 years, give or take a year.

Good news though, my pop is almost 70. I just made myself figurehead, so hopefully that'll begin to help put EX2010 above or directly behind GCG until I'm regional and able to share their top guys. Also developing nicely. About to turn over from trying to get pop to trying to get bigger skill gains.

Finally, how long does it take to learn a new language? I'm not talking fluently, just basic or passable. As far as TEW is concerned, I've been in Japan 4 months and don't even have the basics. Smh.

I could have worked for EX2010, but I think the whole Obese Heavyweight thing would have held me back with their product, I mean I wouldn't be eligible to win any titles there. LOL

EDIT: Just finished 2019, and I got casting call, so I now do MMA and Movies and have 99 Star Quality.... guess I'm gonna turn face and become the Figurehead.... lol Also I just noticed my character went from Obese to Bulky. Good to know your User Character is able to change Body Type on their own. I was wondering how my Menace went up by 3 and Sex Appeal by 5, guess going from Obese to Bulky makes you more intimidating and attractive. lol

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so I just finished 2020 and I got "The Real Rock N' Rolla" but the game won't let you pick MMA, Movies and Music, so I'm just going with the most recent two and I do Movies & Music.

I now have 99 SQ and 91 Charisma. I'm still with my starting company, I'm set up as my Figurehead, just waiting 8 more months to see how I do. (Should do fine with 91 Charisma, 99 SQ and 100 Babyface skill...)

Just for the fun of it, I'm gonna list all the National and Cult companies in my game and also how each area of the world looks for National Battles. I will also list their Figurehead if they have one.

I am currently in February 2021

NATIONAL COMPANIES

USPW #1 - Figurehead is Rocky Golden

SWF #2 - Figurehead is Wolf Hawkins

SOTBPW #3 - Figurehead is Champagne Lover

PGHW #6 - No Figurehead

WLW #7 - Figurehead is Emerald Angel

CULT COMPANIES

TCW #4 - No Figurehead

21CW #5 - No Figurehead

GCG #8 - Figurehead is Hiroyasu Gakusha

BHOTWG #9 - No Figurehead

CGC #10 - No Figurehead

5SSW #11 - No Figurehead

RAW #13 - Figurehead is Swoop McCarthy

Honorable mention to OLLIE, who are ranked 12 beating RAW, but they're Regional.

NATIONAL BATTLE USA

SOTBPW (4,434)

USPW (4,112)

SWF (4,110)

NATIONAL BATTLE CANADA

USPW (4,112)

SWF (4,099)

NATIONAL BATTLE MEXICO

SOTBPW (4,434)

SWF (4,091)

NATIONAL BATTLE JAPAN

WLW (3,764)

PGHW (3,738)

NATIONAL BATTLE EUROPE

USPW (3,788)

How about rats and sinking ships?

Bankrupted my company (D-Day with that appears to be October 1st, 2017 and not January 1st, 2018 if you plan on running in the red and making the money back). Economy and business in the US are both E and falling. Then - in the mailbox the same day? A local company opened up in the UK. And they wanted me!

The business here is bad too. 21CW downsized to Cult. They laid off like half their ridiculous freakshow roster, including almost all of the young national school guys. Grave Digger? Andrew Lee? Apollo Prince? Sifu? Mark Adonis? They're all mine. And there's still no one else here besides the big guys, me and SNP.

Woah, who does 21CW have left? That is crazy how big their roster was.

Woah, who does 21CW have left? That is crazy how big their roster was.

This has happened in my game as well. I don't know if it's just their shows not being good enough or what. Tends to be the way with 21CW (from TEW2010 anyway).

I thought I'd have a go at this but it was a long time since I last played. (5 years) so I opted for a pretty gamey product.

http://i.imgur.com/wQZmZyH.gif

This is a variant of a product Reminian posted about for TEW2010 that I had my longest game with in that version (got to 2020 or so) - I thought the combination of perf > pop but good for Sponsorship should do well in a situation where I need everything I can get at the start.

http://i.imgur.com/vvV7HBl.gif

I suspected I wasn't picking the smartest choices here but overall I wanted an all-rounder who would be favourable to the big companies in the US. Again pretty gamey but it's my first time so I wanted to go easy on myself. IN retrospect I could probably have stood to lower my entertainment skills and put them into Physical or the top row skills, as entertainment skills are the easiest to improve.

Anyway I'm halfway through the first year and things are going well although my finances are a constant source of worry.

Just hit the point where my User Char was Figurehead long enough to have an effect, and I'm currently increasing attendance by 11% and Merchandise Sales by 45% :o

So, um my owner Michael Bull has improved to 95 Refereeing, and has won Referee of the Year for the second year. I didn't even notice LOL

What year are you up to Lex? What is the best match you have had so far?

I'm not going to survive my second game. I chose Jackie Goldstein as owner because he wouldn't change my product but he is on $1300 a month and is not working for free. I'm already $20000 in debt after five months and i'm only making $100 on off months :(

I'm not going to survive my second game. I chose Jackie Goldstein as owner because he wouldn't change my product but he is on $1300 a month and is not working for free. I'm already $20000 in debt after five months and i'm only making $100 on off months :(

I think the owner has to be on a ppa deal to work for free.

53. "Casting Call" Hollywood is calling you with a "Major Role", add +10 between your Acting and Star Quality. Add Movie Star to your character (Other Genre)

Finshed my first year (currently simming to end of year, already ran my 1 December show) and rolled that. Pretty happy considering I set myself as figurehead a few months ago despite not being completely "ready."

Still haven't learned any Japanese. I am finally turning a small profit. I gave up on winning the regional battles. I even tried turning the product more pop based so I'd have a chance and then I couldn't edit the match/angle ratio so it wound up being a waste! Anyways, I lowered my production to the point where 2 are below the level of my rivals, but I'm finishing either 3rd or 4th regardless, so I'll save the extra money. The income is modest, we're talking 10 grand-ish.

Due to the regional battle, I am gaining absolutely zero popularity. Even though my shows rate anywhere beteen 65 and 78, I remain at 28.1 popularity (checked the editor after a few months because I couldn't figure out why I wasn't gaining) so I'm not sure what I'm going to go. GCG won't allow me to be their booker, and the only other regional promotion I can apply for at the moment is some European promotion that looks blah. So I'll keep riding this out. Hopefully once my figurehead bonuses set in I'll be able to get slightly better ratings and actually gain pop. It looks like I'm going to be in a holding pattern, though.

I'm currently in 2022. (I have been playing literally all night and morning) My best match ever was

Felipe Caballero defeated Kentucky Bill got a B rating in July 2019. My best rated show was a B- in May of 2021. I am currently Regional with D- Popularity in Mid West, lol

I have gotten seriously lucky with all the Entertainment yearly awards. I have 100% Charisma and 99% Star Quality and I started with 100% Babyface, lol. I can Figurehead anywhere I go, as long as I mega push myself. (Apparently your User Character's personality changes over time.... because I've become Extremely Egotistical, Extremely Ruthless and Extremely Bold. I am an extremely negative influence.... though I don't show up on the Notable Personalities, so I dunno if it even matters, but I thought it was interesting. I mean you gotta be Egotistical to make yourself the Figurehead of the company you're booking, right?

Now, the question is, do I abandon this company and become the booker for a Cult sized 21CW? I wish BHOTWG was looking for a Booker (they're cult) because my in-ring skills are pretty abysmal, and I could learn a thing or two in Japan. With these as my skills, I think the fact I'm an "Entertainer" in-ring style is a good thing.... I hope I roll the Alliance one, so I can join the COTT, and win the COTT title, so I can get more matches in defending it, and improve some. LOL

Brawling 41

Puroresu 16

Hardcore 17

Chain Wrestling 17

Mat Wrestling 17

Submissions 17

Aerial 17

Flashiness 17

Basics 60

Psychology 58

Safety 80

Consistency 72

Selling 60

Athleticism 32

Power 56

Stamina 47

Toughness 85

Resilience 100

Microphone 73

Charisma 100

Acting 74

Star Quality 99

Sex Appeal 61

Menace 43

Respect 29

Reputation 100

Babyface 100

Heel 71 (Was a Heel for a few years... leveled it from 0)

Cool, Cocky, Wholesome 100

All Other Gimmick Skills 0

My top row skills started all at 0, except Brawling which started at 25. I think my Basics and Psych started at 25 also...

Uh, so yea my User Char just got an A Rated Angle with C Popularity in the Region. I should make Match/Angle Ratio 50% and spam A rated angles....

EDIT: Just got an A* rated angle, used the Verbal Taunt 1v1 angle and didn't script it.

I just hit the same realization with my first run. Patch Beta 9 changed sponsorship and is making the challenge hard again if you have bad Economy or Wrestling Industry.

I think the owner has to be on a ppa deal to work for free.

I've missed this, was there a special owner contract in the editor to change it to ppa? I thought all owners were written contracts

At what point do you find out if your owner is working for free? Does it say somewhere? What are the qualities of a booker that leads them to working for free (is it in owner skills or personality)?

I am thinking of Silver Shark as an owner. He is expensive, but could really carry a company and would be super fun to play with.

At what point do you find out if your owner is working for free? Does it say somewhere? What are the qualities of a booker that leads them to working for free (is it in owner skills or personality)?

I am thinking of Silver Shark as an owner. He is expensive, but could really carry a company and would be super fun to play with.

No idea what causes it, but Michael Bull (Referee) would work for free if the company was low enough on money. Once we were good and had enough, he'd start paying himself his PPA. So I got a free referee, he's now making $1,440 per appearance, but I have a referee with 95 skill that can't be stolen at Regional because he's the CEO, so I'm happy, LOL

If he's working for free, it'll be one of the messages in your personal assistant tab.

My user character is at A Popularity in just the Mid West of USA. Everyone outside of there have kind of heard of me via spillover, but to those guys in that region, I am like freakin' Jack Bruce. I became the protege of Dean Waldorf via yearly roll. I dunno if I want to risk dropping the title to him, but I'm sure the match itself WOULD... BE... EPIC!

My user character is at A Popularity in just the Mid West of USA. Everyone outside of there have kind of heard of me via spillover, but to those guys in that region, I am like freakin' Jack Bruce. I became the protege of Dean Waldorf via yearly roll. I dunno if I want to risk dropping the title to him, but I'm sure the match itself WOULD... BE... EPIC!

I book at the rate of one legitimate show a day... how on earth are you in 2022, even if you have been awake the last 48 hours :o

I book at the rate of one legitimate show a day... how on earth are you in 2022, even if you have been awake the last 48 hours :o

Abusing auto-booker, it makes tweaking stuff easier when I don't have to worry about the specifics. It's smart and actually books the storylines I tell it too. Then I add in the workers it missed if I don't mind spending the money on them.

Then I add a few angles with my user character to abuse those sweet A* angles... which makes sense because I am actually roleplaying my character's personality properly, not only am I the actual Figurehead and the champion and undefeated in the last 2 and a half years my character's backstage personality is actually "Extremely Egotistical" and it has the side effect of getting me "B" rated shows on a consistent basis because of my 60% Match/Angle ratio, so 40% of total rating ranges from B+ to A* worth of angles...

Of course outside of the Midwest USA, I am a nobody. It makes the Egotistical thing even more hilarious.

I'm currently making profits of like $20,000 per month and I have Majestic Production and Major Licensed music, forcing all the other Regional companies to fork over the cash also. But they don't get an A pop rated worker for free, suckers. Maybe that's why I am also Extremely Ruthless and Extremely Bold? It's nice because I'm making approx. $14,000 additional profit per month because of my being Figurehead... I am bringing attendance up 14% and merch sales up by 55% and I make $70,000 in ticket sales and $16,000 in merchandise sales right now. My math might be off, though. Not sure.

In my third year and it's been starting to go well, running two shows a month and then alternating with one show a month.

And then suddenly my sponsorship started dropping, my popularity goes up, sponsorship down. This month it was estimated between 33,000 and 37,000. I made 20,000. This seems way too much of a difference than before.

I reported it in tech support. If turns out to be a bug, would it be cheating if I added the difference in the editor? Because I can't break even holding one show only now.

In my third year and it's been starting to go well, running two shows a month and then alternating with one show a month.

And then suddenly my sponsorship started dropping, my popularity goes up, sponsorship down. This month it was estimated between 33,000 and 37,000. I made 20,000. This seems way too much of a difference than before.

I reported it in tech support. If turns out to be a bug, would it be cheating if I added the difference in the editor? Because I can't break even holding one show only now.

Mine dropped from 60 to 30 grand a month as I started losing regional battles. My home region stayed the same, but the other Japanse regions went for low to mid 20s down to around 10. Maybe that's what happened?

Could probably be the wrestling industry/economy dipping down. You can get as low as 60% of your estimated sponsorship if the industry/economy is low enough.

Mine dropped from 60 to 30 grand a month as I started losing regional battles. My home region stayed the same, but the other Japanse regions went for low to mid 20s down to around 10. Maybe that's what happened?

I only run shows in Mid South and lose to CZCW and QAW every month due to production values being low. But by running two shows I'm able to offset the 0,4 percent loss. The only popularity in other regions is spillover and it hasn't been going down.

I reached some threshold last month, 22 pop maybe, my sponsorship estimate went from 26 to 35-36 thousand. However at the end of the month I made 20,000, which is a 42% difference.

EDIT:

Well, Jon the Goat has said it could be the industry and economy going down. I didn't think of that because it seem counter-intuitive that the estimates would show a bigger number, and you'd get much lower, instead of the estimates changing to economy and industry.

Finished Year 2 running 14 shows total. Denied in three different job applications to other small/local companies. Grew to small at the end of 1998 so hoping to grab a job at a regional company soon. I do not care about my current company at all even though we are very profitable (10k a month when I run one show). Rolled 16 and added all 20 to psychology so i'm looking for someone with really high psych that I can bring on to help me since I should be getting close to the cap.

In the CV97 world, SWF and BHOTWG continue to buy out the world. SWF bought out NOTBPW and CGC so the only Canadian company left is 4C. BHOTWG finally bought out PGHW so Japan just has BHOTWG and Hinote Dojo. A ton of great Japanese workers are sitting at home. This mod might fall apart before I can get to a National company at this rate.

Just entered 2019. It's going quite fast in months where I have no shows so I don't go bankrupt. Good news is my owner did a good thing and got us into the COTT Alliance, which means I can get some good workers onto loans and maybe push my guys for the Alliance titles.

I rolled 36 and added 20 points to Cool gimmick rating.

http://i.imgur.com/85PPXap.jpg

I have been playing this game off and on since TEW 2007, but I have never messed around with the editor really ( That might be shocking to some), so I was a little confused when making my company and player, but I think I got it down, I just hope my product is okay.

I decided to do a bit of a modified version of the RTG challenge and had a couple questions. I started the game last night and ran a show, but depending on the answers I may start over.

1. I see a couple people talk about "hiring" an owner who will work for free. I did not really see how you could "hire" an owner, even when it was set as CEO. A familiar face (whose name I can't recall) who worked for DAVE and then had been in Japan took over and is by far the best wrestler on the roster but has a PPA of $1,600. That seems like a lot, and I just chose not to use him because I had no idea if he would work for free or not.

2. Speaking of roster's. I signed 12 guys, most who were unemployed who all make between $270-$600ish PPA. Is that kind of the standard amounts most people start with? Or should I be looking for more guys who only ask for $300 and $400?

3. I ran one show in January and came out -$6500 or so. I did not think that was too bad considering no popularity, and virtually no ticket income. Should I be looking to reduce costs even more?

4. Is it better to stick with the one show per month idea, or should I be doing more/less events?

5. I have never created my own "product" before... Is there really a wrong way to do it? Or if you follow the guidelines in the "analysis" screen everything will be fine?