The Road to Glory Challenge

I've doubled up the gimmick performance rolls which leaves four new slots to take advantage of the new features. I've added one already; Hiring a dirty doctor.

I'm looking for suggestions for the final three slots, hopefully we can get this finalised before the game is released tomorrow.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Resilience doesn't cost any of the stat points, it starts at 100. Looks like you got 75 points to work with?

Thank you billion for letting me know that I don't know how I missed it lol, I guess it's time to get a bit athletic and be a young man with some Psychology :D

I agree, that is huge. Perhaps the headlining match needs to be as the figurehead?

The one downside is if someone's worker is a natural heel rather than face.

Maybe then, that headlining match needs to be made up of the Number 1 and 2 highest draws (as we can now see that information), one of which is the user character.

This could mean that you are the figurehead, or against the figurehead (as I assume the figurehead will be the number one draw). This allows the faces to be the figurehead, and for the heels to be the Triple H's to the Austins and The Rocks.

1 - We'll have to wait and see what difference this makes

I believe now that sex appeal now is taken into consideration for the Entertainment rating in angles, which is why men and women's values where normalised. I don't think it was taken into account of entertainment in the previous game, and was souls used for sex appeal angled. This does mean, if you want to have good entertainment skills, you have to put points in this new field to be in the same entertainment position you were last year (noting that sex appeal doesn't grow like other stats, and is only tweaked slightly by changes in size or body type.

Started this up in Greal Lakes but I feel as tho I've hired guys who are ab it too expensive but I'll see and adapt accordingly after the first event.

I want guys who can help my character improve.. a that's all i'm after at the moment, stay with the company long enough to gain a bit of pop, gain a bit of booking rep and most importantly improve on some in ring skills. Wait for a local fed to need a new booker and go on from their.

Shamelessly book myself to the moon and against the top guys.

The sooner I can book to a level where the company i'm with can afford the older guys with top basics and/or top row stats the better.

Charisma and SQ are in the 60's/low 70's with 60's for basic and Psyc and a 60+ for Chai n wrestling and a 60 in stamina, the rest are pretty down low. I feel this will give me all around skills to survive in a workrate company and an Sports entertainment company. I also won't stink up the joint

I believe now that sex appeal now is taken into consideration for the Entertainment rating in angles, which is why men and women's values where normalised. I don't think it was taken into account of entertainment in the previous game, and was souls used for sex appeal angled. This does mean, if you want to have good entertainment skills, you have to put points in this new field to be in the same entertainment position you were last year (noting that sex appeal doesn't grow like other stats, and is only tweaked slightly by changes in size or body type.

What other stats don't actually grow/improve without changes like body type? Menace and Star Quality?

What other stats don't actually grow/improve without changes like body type? Menace and Star Quality?

Star Quality does improve, just slowly. As does Sex Appeal, but at an even slower rate (in my RTG 2013 my UC has gained 7 in Sex appeal over 4 years :p).

Menace only improves with Size and Body Type increases.

Yea, my company is Pop over Perf , key in traditional (whatever the top option is) and key in mainstream. Very much face v Heel stor driven wrestling to mask the poor quality of workers i'll have.

It should do ok for sponsorship which is what i'm banking on.

I'll be doing this as my personal game when I get back home. My diary probably won't allow for too much time, but never the less... I want to make sure I understand the rules here.

Are there any limits on size? Like if I were to make a ripped light heavyweight, that would be acceptable?

Do you have to stay with a company for a specific length of time before leaving? Also, if I chose to stay with the same company my entire career and take them all the way to National, is that acceptable, or is it required you jump companies and land with a National company somewhere in the world?

Finally, do you get a roll when you first start, or is the first roll after the first year?

I'll be doing this as my personal game when I get back home. My diary probably won't allow for too much time, but never the less... I want to make sure I understand the rules here.

Are there any limits on size? Like if I were to make a ripped light heavyweight, that would be acceptable?

Do you have to stay with a company for a specific length of time before leaving? Also, if I chose to stay with the same company my entire career and take them all the way to National, is that acceptable, or is it required you jump companies and land with a National company somewhere in the world?

Finally, do you get a roll when you first start, or is the first roll after the first year?

There are no size limits

You don't have to move, in fact in TEW13 it was so hard to get new jobs that moving happened rarely. You can move to a company one size above what you are currently.

The first roll is at the end of year one.

Chris Carnage Is Born!

http://i.imgur.com/icvtnUq.png

What other pictures do I need to post going forward to be able to be inducted into the Hall of Immortals? The random dye rolls, company jumps, anything? Skill progression?

lol not quiet, its was my nickname in high school as it is a shorter version of my last name. "C-ew-C" that is probably the worse attempt at trying to explain the way it sounds lol

Please tell me your finisher is the Cuckhold.

Your name is "The Cuck"? :eek:

"Do you smell what the Cuck is cooking?" :p

Jokes asides, for the last 3 spots how about we add for the new genres? Presuming that these affect the UC (I'm can't see why they wouldn't)

"The Real Rock n' Rolla" You've filled in for a band member one night, who now wants to you tour with them as a result. Add +10 between your Microphone and Charisma. Add "Musician" to your character. (Other Genre)

"Casting Call" Hollywood is calling you with a "Major Role", add +10 between your Acting and Star Quality. Add Movie Star to your character (Other Genre)

"As Real As It Gets" The World of MMA called you out and you delivered. Add +10 between Toughness and Menace. Add MMA to your character (Other Genre)

I've never attempted a "real" RTG. I've done 0/0/0/0 games before, but I've never created my own character, I usually just use an announcer, like Vince, Heyman, or Bischoff. However, this does look very interesting, and I'll probably do one in the CVerse as I've never played a CV game outside of the demo.

A couple of questions, however, as I've never moved to a new company mid-game:

1. How long does it take to raise your booking reputation?

2. How soon can you jump? For example, if I stay with a company long enough to increase my reputation, can I go from a Regional company to a Cult company, then immediately jump to a National company? Technically, that fulfills the "one step higher" requirement.

3. Is there a way to simulate the AJPW split, obviously not to that level, but taking one worker with you when you jump ship?

I've never attempted a "real" RTG. I've done 0/0/0/0 games before, but I've never created my own character, I usually just use an announcer, like Vince, Heyman, or Bischoff. However, this does look very interesting, and I'll probably do one in the CVerse as I've never played a CV game outside of the demo.

A couple of questions, however, as I've never moved to a new company mid-game:

1. How long does it take to raise your booking reputation?

2. How soon can you jump? For example, if I stay with a company long enough to increase my reputation, can I go from a Regional company to a Cult company, then immediately jump to a National company? Technically, that fulfills the "one step higher" requirement.

3. Is there a way to simulate the AJPW split, obviously not to that level, but taking one worker with you when you jump ship?

1. So, went back to my last edition. 4 years in growing from Local to Regional and holding only 1 show per month my Reputation was at "Very High" - and so any company would consider and hire me.

2. You can jump when ever there's a vacancy, there's no waiting period only the restriction of one level higher.

3. Not sure, but I doubt they'll jump ship as you leave. In saying that odds are that you're still working in the same area so you could sign them to your new company :p

If you decide the create your own promotion, then your Booking Reputation will reset to 0 - But I'm don't think you are allowed to become an owner in a RTG.

So extremely favourable product + 100% community size only equals arounds 1100 sponsorship on 0 popularity?

Impossible?

Help?

What's the problem? New company's have a 12 month grace period and on top of that I believe you're given 6 months to sort out your finances? So you're looking at a minimum of 12-18 months which should be enough time to get to small and have the money roll in.

What's the problem? New company's have a 12 month grace period and on top of that I believe you're given 6 months to sort out your finances? So you're looking at a minimum of 12-18 months which should be enough time to get to small and have the money roll in.

Yeah in the two month demo period I lost 4 grand and 3 grand in jan and feb respectively and thats mainly because I have a expensive road agent way above the level needed for the company size (1'200 per show). 18 months is as stated the minimum as you have a 6 month minimum period before a company can sucumb to debt plus a 12 month grace period...so long as you set the company as created at the start of the game world as that 12 months is based on new companys having 12 months where the bank will over look the debt.