The Road to Glory Challenge

1.) When they mean "hiring" they mean pre selecting. Personal preference I go for the cheapest referee I can find. You only need one when you are starting out anyway.

2.) Just because you hire 12 guys doesn't mean you have to use all 12 for every show. The way TEW 16 is set up you are going to start off in the hole after your first show. You want to make sure you minimize your losses as much as possible. Just make sure to book your Main Eventers and upper mid card guys and use anyone else to job to the latter on a rotating pattern and you should be fine.

3.) see answer 2

4.) This is only according to your personal needs. If you are raking in the sponsorship income then by all means run 2 shows a month but most likely the economy is not going to be in your favor so I find one show a month to be the best option.

5.) If you like Topless females getting powerbombed through flaming tables or do you want to run a promotion with almost nothing but angles and a 5 minute match/fight scene. It's your promotion so I say tailor your product to what ever you are the most comfortable booking. There is never a right or wrong product.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also about the shows. It all depends on your preference, though it seems the easiest way is to do many shows really fast to maximise your pop and therefore sponsorship.

If you set the company to open at the start of the game, the first year banks won't complain, after the first year you have six months at least of good will. Then you may go bankrupt if you're in the red.

So, some people will start with two shows a month, maybe even weekly shows first few months until you get your popularity up a lot. And then when you see you can do one show a month and make a profit with sponsorship you can cut down the amount of shows.

I just realized I forgot to set company momentum before I started. Does that affect anything if all I've done is sign some folks? I'd rather not start over if I can just edit it to 0 with a clear conscience.

Nah, you'll be fine just changing it to 0 before your shows. :)

Playing with the newer updates, finances are absolutely brutal. Economy and Industry are both middling right now in New England (USA), but at minimal pop I'm pulling in less than a couple hundred bucks from sponsorship a month. I think I'm just going to keep hammering out shows and see if I can get my pop up enough to make a difference income-wise. If not, I'm just going to edit in a "mysterious lender" loan mid-way through 2017.

I suppose this is more realistic though. I mean, how successful will a reputationless organization do without any financial backing on start-up? Not very.

I have been playing this game off and on since TEW 2007, but I have never messed around with the editor really ( That might be shocking to some), so I was a little confused when making my company and player, but I think I got it down, I just hope my product is okay.

I decided to do a bit of a modified version of the RTG challenge and had a couple questions. I started the game last night and ran a show, but depending on the answers I may start over.

1. I see a couple people talk about "hiring" an owner who will work for free. I did not really see how you could "hire" an owner, even when it was set as CEO. A familiar face (whose name I can't recall) who worked for DAVE and then had been in Japan took over and is by far the best wrestler on the roster but has a PPA of $1,600. That seems like a lot, and I just chose not to use him because I had no idea if he would work for free or not.

2. Speaking of roster's. I signed 12 guys, most who were unemployed who all make between $270-$600ish PPA. Is that kind of the standard amounts most people start with? Or should I be looking for more guys who only ask for $300 and $400?

3. I ran one show in January and came out -$6500 or so. I did not think that was too bad considering no popularity, and virtually no ticket income. Should I be looking to reduce costs even more?

4. Is it better to stick with the one show per month idea, or should I be doing more/less events?

5. I have never created my own "product" before... Is there really a wrong way to do it? Or if you follow the guidelines in the "analysis" screen everything will be fine?

1. You don't have to assign someone, since someone will eventually become the owner within a week. Best thing is that in most cases they'll work for free (despie their contract, it'll say on your personal assistant) until your company is more financially healthy.

2. As K-Nection said, you may need to have a larger roster but you don't have to use them. Think like it's a sports team - you have your stars that make up your team and that everyone knows, but they'll command more $$$. You'll have a few role players/prospects that fill a spot or speciality and the rest are bench sitters, there'll there for the spot and are interchangeable.

3+4. Your company's first year has a 1 year grace period where they can't go bankrupt. Some players hammer out 2-4 shows per month to try hammer it to small but relies on the Economy and Industry to be good/decent. Don't be afraid of taking a month or two off to recoup money

5. There's no "wrong" way in product. Your analyst will tell you what your fans expect from your product. More mainstream? Gimmicks and Popularity. Purist? Workrate and limited angles away from the ring. Underground? Violence and Risque ect.

Each style has its advantages and disadvantages but it's your experience, so book around how you want :)

Just finished 2023 and I rolled "healing hands" which brought me back to 100% physical condition. I haven't had any major injuries at all in the 7 years I've been wrestling, so it was all in the 95%+ from just general wear and tear.

My user character also ranked #326 in the Power 500.

Just finished 2023 and I rolled "healing hands" which brought me back to 100% physical condition. I haven't had any major injuries at all in the 7 years I've been wrestling, so it was all in the 95%+ from just general wear and tear.

My user character also ranked #326 in the Power 500.

He's A Pop in your home region right? That's hilarious that he's so over but everyone still regards him a a regional level talent at best. In the real world I'd imagine he'd get a lot of heat online and from critics for being a poor in-ring worker.

He's A Pop in your home region right? That's hilarious that he's so over but everyone still regards him a a regional level talent at best. In the real world I'd imagine he'd get a lot of heat online and from critics for being a poor in-ring worker.

Eh, I've got my Basics and Psychology to 66 and 64 at least. He's improved a lot. He's very one-dimensional in the ring (highest top row is 44 brawling) but with 100 Charisma and 99 Star Quality the crowd eats him up. Got Microphone to 88 also.

But my last match he was in was rated B+ and he personally got an in-ring rating of B, so he wasn't carried. I have Dean Waldorf at B pop in Midwest and he's gotten in-ring ratings of A. Keep in mind B rated in-ring doesn't mean just match technical ability, but I think my user char keeps the crowd invested in the match and everyone else handles the amazing wrestling.

With the stats I got, "Spectacles" fit him really well. He's really good at looking like an underdog and connecting with the crowd, but everything else he's fairly average. I am literally John Cena, you're told he's an underdog, but he's booked like Superman. Cena is a much much much better wrestler though.

Over the course of 7 years he's went from being an Obese Heavyweight to Bulky Heavyweight to Flabby Heavyweight, lol I think the +20% steroid usage I rolled early on might have helped?

My product is Pop=Perf. Mainstream at Key, Traditional at Heavy and Modern at Medium.

Eh, I've got my Basics and Psychology to 66 and 64 at least. He's improved a lot. He's very one-dimensional in the ring (highest top row is 44 brawling) but with 100 Charisma and 99 Star Quality the crowd eats him up. Got Microphone to 88 also.

But my last match he was in was rated B+ and he personally got an in-ring rating of B, so he wasn't carried. I have Dean Waldorf at B pop in Midwest and he's gotten in-ring ratings of A. Keep in mind B rated in-ring doesn't mean just match technical ability, but I think my user char keeps the crowd invested in the match and everyone else handles the amazing wrestling.

With the stats I got, "Spectacles" fit him really well. He's really good at looking like an underdog and connecting with the crowd, but everything else he's fairly average. I am literally John Cena, you're told he's an underdog, but he's booked like Superman. Cena is a much much much better wrestler though.

Over the course of 7 years he's went from being an Obese Heavyweight to Bulky Heavyweight to Flabby Heavyweight, lol I think the +20% steroid usage I rolled early on might have helped?

My product is Pop=Perf. Mainstream at Key, Traditional at Heavy and Modern at Medium.

If your guy gets ripped, you're not Cena - you're Hogan brother. He'll have the personality down too.

If your guy gets ripped, you're not Cena - you're Hogan brother. He'll have the personality down too.

I'm working on it! I just made $108,000 profit in one month running 4 weekly events and one big one.

I think I'm gonna sign 8 more workers and make some dedicated Tag Teams.

Main Event for my last show had Dean Waldorf score A* in terms of in-ring performance. Also Colossus and Dean Waldorf have excellent chemistry teaming together.

User char vs Dean Waldorf just scored an A rating, my best match yet. If I get A* at Regional, do I get a consolation prize? The show overall did an A.

Brawling: 15 = 21

Puroresu: 0 = 6

Hardcore: 0 = 6

Chain Wrestling: 30 = 35

Mat Wrestling: 30 = 35

Submissions: 20 = 25

Aerial: 0 = 6

Flashiness: 0 = 6

Basics: 25 = 39

Psychology: 55 = 66

Safety: 50 = 64

Consistency: 0 = 15

Selling: 50 = 56

Athleticism: 0 = 3

Power: 0 = 3

Stamina: 50 = 59

Toughness: 50 = 52

Resilience: 100 = 100

Microphone: 75 = 80

Charisma: 75 = 80

Acting: 75 = 80

Star Quality: 75 = 77 (Plus 10 (87) due to my end year roll)

Sex Appeal: 75 = 77

Menace: 0 = 0

Respect: 0 = 11

Also, I checked around the other Japanese promotion and nobody has gained any popularity except for GCG over the last 6 months. GCG just got a point of popularity in the last 2 months. Meanwhile, the industry and economy are both at 15 (and growing, thankfully) so I can only assume no wrestling industry = no growth.

I still don't understand how my guy doesn't know any Japanese yet. That's frustrating!

Finally got my game up and running.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g292/MaxxHexx/Guidotti%20Y01_zps1grf5znq.png

My user skills are:

Negotiation 10

Motivation 8

Creative 7

Diplomacy 0

Leadership 0

Turns out having no leadership penalizes you in a way far more severe than expected, but I think it simulates how a young wrestling mind with no experience would be at running the behind the scenes of a wrestling company.

Economy C+ Rising

Wrestling Industry E+ Rising

That wrestling industry will be a challenge, but on the bright side it is rising.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g292/MaxxHexx/Product_zpsoeicy6mg.png

I am pretty excited for this product as I think it captures the kind of wrestling I want to see. 100% on intensity and danger might be a risk considering my safety score is a zero.

Silver Shark is my owner, and God bless him. Not only is he working for free, but he also gave me cake walk owner goals. Only downside is that he is in decline.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g292/MaxxHexx/Goals_zpsprozyo86.png

Planning to start a simple dynasty with this save.

I might just stick with this company and try to win the challenge by growing, or at least hit Cult so I can apply to a National company later.

Just finishing up 2024, and I'm making ~$200k per month in profits, running 5 shows per month. It helps when I can bring in 10,000 people to my Midwest shows. I'm running 4 Midwest shows and 1 North West show per month atm.

I'm still Regional. It's a damn shame I haven't rolled to join the COTT.... I really want to make myself COTT Champion :(

Finally got my game up and running.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g292/MaxxHexx/Guidotti%20Y01_zps1grf5znq.png

My user skills are:

Negotiation 10

Motivation 8

Creative 7

Diplomacy 0

Leadership 0

Turns out having no leadership penalizes you in a way far more severe than expected, but I think it simulates how a young wrestling mind with no experience would be at running the behind the scenes of a wrestling company.

Economy C+ Rising

Wrestling Industry E+ Rising

That wrestling industry will be a challenge, but on the bright side it is rising.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g292/MaxxHexx/Product_zpsoeicy6mg.png

I am pretty excited for this product as I think it captures the kind of wrestling I want to see. 100% on intensity and danger might be a risk considering my safety score is a zero.

Silver Shark is my owner, and God bless him. Not only is he working for free, but he also gave me cake walk owner goals. Only downside is that he is in decline.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g292/MaxxHexx/Goals_zpsprozyo86.png

Planning to start a simple dynasty with this save.

Holy crap your guy is a murderer in the ring. How do you expect to wrestle when you injure everyone you get in the ring with?

Anybody have any good beginner tips? I don't usually play 0/0/0/0, and I am terrible at building up rookies, so I expect this to be a complete disaster.

The math says you're best off running a ton of shows in the first couple months - like at least weekly if you don't have too much match intensity/danger - to minimize the amount of time that you spend on the really low sponsorship money.

It basically doesn't matter how good or bad your first shows are - keep them only an hour long and cheap above all else.

With developing rookies I'm sure the best kind of owner is a road agent/veteran worker with high psych, but obviously it's the game that picks your owner and not you.

Integrated women's wrestling gives you a bigger field of people to work with.

When you're starting out, set everyone's push at Midcard so you can see their destiny rolls in the next big things/hot prospects tabs.

Cycle in random cheap rookies you wouldn't otherwise want on one/two appearance contracts so you can look at the destiny rolls this way.

The math says you're best off running a ton of shows in the first couple months - like at least weekly if you don't have too much match intensity/danger - to minimize the amount of time that you spend on the really low sponsorship money.

It basically doesn't matter how good or bad your first shows are - keep them only an hour long and cheap above all else.

With developing rookies I'm sure the best kind of owner is a road agent/veteran worker with high psych, but obviously it's the game that picks your owner and not you.

Integrated women's wrestling gives you a bigger field of people to work with.

When you're starting out, set everyone's push at Midcard so you can see their destiny rolls in the next big things/hot prospects tabs.

Cycle in random cheap rookies you wouldn't otherwise want on one/two appearance contracts so you can look at the destiny rolls this way.

All good advice.

I'd also say that you can probably do well early on by picking three or four guys to push and just have them winning every show to start off with, to build momentum. Especially if they have good menace as you can use/abuse monster unleashed angles, and if their charisma is high enough to benefit from using dominate.

How would you guys use a Tommy Cornell with 7 stamina? And top row skills in 45-50 range?

SEVEN stamina?! Ouch. Probably mainly as a manager tbh, maybe have my UC squash him a couple of times if he'd job.

SEVEN stamina?! Ouch. Probably mainly as a manager tbh, maybe have my UC squash him a couple of times if he'd job.

Yeah, it's hilarious he gets in-ring performances of like E+

I like his devotion, he knows damn well he should retire, but he just REFUSES TO.

I'm making like $500k profits monthly now. I should be able to make my own Broadcaster in 2 years if the owner lets me, and I'm still with my starting company lol

http://i.imgur.com/MF8Ozgh.png

Just had this happen in the second month of my save. Fortunately I created a backup at the end of the first month, but losing quite a few shows progress since I am running loads of shows to raise my sponsorship money.

Human Arsenal is my Champion as well.