WMMA5 Small Questions Thread

Not sure it deserves its own thread but deserves notice imo-

There's a serious problem with the promotional "credibility" imo. You receive a -12% for each title fight that is not against the #1 contender, even if it's against the #3 and the #1 and #2 have already lost to the champ recently. If you have multiple title fights on a card, this basically makes it impossible to maintain a respectable credibility.

On top of that, the rewards for credibility don't match the deductions. Not only do you receive deductions more frequently if you don't adhere to very strict match making by the rankings only, but the percentages are also larger than the rewards. You receive 1-3% for having a strong champ or making a fight between 2 ranked opponents, but make a match outside of the rankings and receive deductions anywhere from 1-12% and a bunch of 3% penalties that add up quickly.

TL/DR: If you run events rapid fire and don't stick to 1v2 rankings all the time, I don't know if there's any way to properly maintain your promotional credibility.

Is there a way to edit or turn this off in the database editor?

Not sure it deserves its own thread but deserves notice imo-

There's a serious problem with the promotional "credibility" imo. You receive a -12% for each title fight that is not against the #1 contender, even if it's against the #3 and the #1 and #2 have already lost to the champ recently. If you have multiple title fights on a card, this basically makes it impossible to maintain a respectable credibility.

On top of that, the rewards for credibility don't match the deductions. Not only do you receive deductions more frequently if you don't adhere to very strict match making by the rankings only, but the percentages are also larger than the rewards. You receive 1-3% for having a strong champ or making a fight between 2 ranked opponents, but make a match outside of the rankings and receive deductions anywhere from 1-12% and a bunch of 3% penalties that add up quickly.

TL/DR: If you run events rapid fire and don't stick to 1v2 rankings all the time, I don't know if there's any way to properly maintain your promotional credibility.

Is there a way to edit or turn this off in the database editor?

You can always off set it if you have extra cash with the Corporate stuff. but if you're as yo usay matching the number 3 ranked guy vs the champ that shouldn't give a decrease they should still count as a worthy challenger as long as they are ranked in the top 5 it's possible you're matching up the fight with the number three guy then people jump them and they end up outside the top five, I've had no troubles maintaining credibility. As for the rankings with unranked fighters who are you matching them up with? ify ou're matching an unranked fighter vs a top 10 opponent sure you might know that character is good but think about from a fan in game perspective, they barely know hwo this person is compared to the opponent in the toip 10 and see it as a forgone conclusion that the highly ranked fighter will win so people think you're less credible. It's likely you are booking so far in advance that people are dropping out of the top 5 before the fight happens, which I agree is weird but what can ya do.

I'm not referring to the "draw" ratings, but rather the credibility tab. I know there's the whole thing about a top 5 opponent being a better draw in a championship bout, I'm fine with losing on the draw. What I think I have a problem with is even if you do have a top 5 opponent, if it's not the #1 contender it's effecting credibility. I'm 99% sure that I had a fight with the #2 and #3 contenders at the time of the fight(not just match up). They were fights I had built to specifically which is why it threw me off. I hadn't been paying attention to the credibility tab until that point as this is one of my first play throughs, but my low company credibility(despite an amazing financial track record) tells me it's probably been happening since the get go.

What I think I have a problem with is even if you do have a top 5 opponent, if it's not the #1 contender it's effecting credibility. I'm 99% sure that I had a fight with the #2 and #3 contenders at the time of the fight(not just match up).

I'm pretty sure you are mistaken; the penalty you're describing does not happen for people in the top five of the rankings. You get a bonus if they're in the top 5. I've double checked and this is working fine in all my save games.

When editing a company to open randomly, but setting specific perimeters for it to open between (i.e. Not before 'X/20XX' and not after 'Y/20YY'), does this mean the company has a chance of opening between those dates (it might not appear at all), or is it guaranteed to open between those dates (it will definitely appear)?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Iwasfn47" data-cite="Iwasfn47" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm not referring to the "draw" ratings, but rather the credibility tab. I know there's the whole thing about a top 5 opponent being a better draw in a championship bout, I'm fine with losing on the draw. What I think I have a problem with is even if you do have a top 5 opponent, if it's not the #1 contender it's effecting credibility. I'm 99% sure that I had a fight with the #2 and #3 contenders at the time of the fight(not just match up). They were fights I had built to specifically which is why it threw me off. I hadn't been paying attention to the credibility tab until that point as this is one of my first play throughs, but my low company credibility(despite an amazing financial track record) tells me it's probably been happening since the get go.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I meant credibility not draw, I always have gotten a bonus if my contender is within the top five of their divisional rankings, Like i said it is likely you are booking in advance and people are jumping the contender in the rankings thus making him a weak challenger, I htink it is silly that it owrks that way but at least for no it's how it works.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Fezoman" data-cite="Fezoman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>When editing a company to open randomly, but setting specific perimeters for it to open between (i.e. Not before 'X/20XX' and not after 'Y/20YY'), does this mean the company has a <strong>chance</strong> of opening between those dates (it might not appear at all), or is it <strong>guaranteed</strong> to open between those dates (it will definitely appear)?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> A chance.</p>

<p>World Championship</p><p> </p><p>

So I know where to the information about World Championships, -News Type- Other Sports.</p><p>

But in my game there should have been 3 championship already but none of them appear...Why?</p><p> </p><p>

I have a theory that maybe nobody in my game world is eligible. but surely out of the 4000+ characters somebody, somewhere could be eligible and this would be a great opportunity to find new talent.</p><p> </p><p>

So my question is why doesn't every World Championship happen/appear in the news?</p>

<p>Not sure if this is a silly question, but I haven't played any of the previous WMMA games so I'm not sure if this has been clarified before. I've scoured the training guide but I can't find anything that talks about it.</p><p> </p><p>

Can a fighter GAIN Attributes or GAIN/UPGRADE their backgrounds (IE from a student of Jiu Jitsu to accomplished Jiu Jitsu)? I figure it would take a lot for these to shift, but I haven't noticed it at all so I don't know if it can happen or not.</p><p> </p><p>

Also, can fighters gain/change personas? I noticed that when I "populate" fighters, they generally load out with no persona. Can this change over time?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="John Lions" data-cite="John Lions" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Can a fighter GAIN Attributes or GAIN/UPGRADE their backgrounds (IE from a student of Jiu Jitsu to accomplished Jiu Jitsu)?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes, but not your specific example. A fighter can go from 'jiu jitsu student' to 'jui hitsu black belt' over time. Never seen their skill level (i.e. Accomplished, High Level, National Level, World Calibre) change though.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Remianen" data-cite="Remianen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yes, but not your specific example. A fighter can go from 'jiu jitsu student' to 'jui hitsu black belt' over time. Never seen their skill level (i.e. Accomplished, High Level, National Level, World Calibre) change though.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That's great to know, thanks. Do you know if attributes (like Fast Starter, Loves to Strike) can ever be gained by someone who doesn't have them? I know traits like these are relatively uncommon in generated characters, and there are quite a few characters in game (like Michael Dali) who have loads of them.</p>

<p>Movie star can be gained organically, and they can get sub attributes by attending specific teams. I think that’s it. If they were to get them randomly, I personally would hate that as it would be chaotic to follow.</p><p> </p><p>

Why and how would anyone devoted to mma go back to boxing, for instance, to become nationally renowned there? Doesnt make sense from a realism standpoint.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Blackman" data-cite="Blackman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Movie star can be gained organically, and they can get sub attributes by attending specific teams. I think that’s it. If they were to get them randomly, I personally would hate that as it would be chaotic to follow.<p> </p><p> Why and how would anyone devoted to mma go back to boxing, for instance, to become nationally renowned there? Doesnt make sense from a realism standpoint.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That makes complete sense, I meant either 1) growing in their discipline (progressing from a student of a fighting style up) in some way or 2) getting sub attributes like "Fast Starter" or "Punches in Bunches" or "Loves to Call Out" over time. I doubt it's coded in that if say, a guy finishes multiple fights by KO he can potentially get the "Head Hunter" trait but I was wondering if there was any way fighters could develop them over time, either as they progress in their career with a certain fighting style or from training with certain teams.</p>

<p>Does the AI hiring aggression also affect their attitude on cutting fighters?</p><p> </p><p>

I saw that it is by design that AI companies cut fighters more readily: I have the hiring agression on Very Aggressive, and am beginning to wonder if the trigger is being pulled a little too early now.</p><p> </p><p>

<a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2275015&postcount=11" rel="external nofollow">http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2275015&postcount=11</a></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="AlexB" data-cite="AlexB" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Does the AI hiring aggression also affect their attitude on cutting fighters?<p> </p><p> I saw that it is by design that AI companies cut fighters more readily: I have the hiring agression on Very Aggressive, and am beginning to wonder if the trigger is being pulled a little too early now.</p><p> </p><p> <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2275015&postcount=11" rel="external nofollow">http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2275015&postcount=11</a></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No. If you read the help info, it explains that hiring aggression only affects money and bonuses offered when hiring fighters so it just makes signing people more competitive with the AI. As for the Nathan Chambers case I can understand the cut because if you check his history, losing his first fight puts him at 5 losses in his last 7 fights.Even with his name value, a more aggressive company might cut him loose and hopes he can turn his career around before offering him a second chance. The companies are more aggressive in cutting than previous versions, but if you check the back history of those fighters from the year before, the people who get cut tend to still have decent names, but their performance has fallen off.</p>

Is it only possible to gain 25% popularity at a time? I've had a few new signings that were unknown and after the fight, it says popularity has increased by 35.2% or something in the 30s, but their actual popularity has only gone up to 25% Low Regional from 0%.

No. You can gain more than 25%. However, there's a limit to how much you can gain when jumping levels, so although they're gaining 35% in your example they're using up some of that to make the level-up from Unknown to Regional.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>No. You can gain more than 25%. However, there's a limit to how much you can gain when jumping levels, so although they're gaining 35% in your example they're using up some of that to make the level-up from Unknown to Regional.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Alright that's what I initially thought since that made some sense too. Thanks for the response.</p>

<p>Didn't want to post in technical as it may not be an error, however i'm finding a problem with the divisional rankings. One of my guys was ranked #6 at heavyweight. I gave him a bit of a warm up fight against somebody ranked around #23 or #24. He won via 1st round submission and dropped to #20 in the division. </p><p> </p><p>

Seems crazy - that would be like Mark Hunt beating someone like Timothy Johnson in the 1st round then dropping 14 spots in the rankings.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="John Lions" data-cite="John Lions" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That makes complete sense, I meant either 1) growing in their discipline (progressing from a student of a fighting style up) in some way or 2) getting sub attributes like "Fast Starter" or "Punches in Bunches" or "Loves to Call Out" over time. I doubt it's coded in that if say, a guy finishes multiple fights by KO he can potentially get the "Head Hunter" trait but I was wondering if there was any way fighters could develop them over time, either as they progress in their career with a certain fighting style or from training with certain teams.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That would actually be quite cool if it was this way, but unfortunately not - this doesn't happen. The most you can hope for is getting signature submission moves from a team if it has any.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="mattandbenny" data-cite="mattandbenny" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Didn't want to post in technical as it may not be an error, however i'm finding a problem with the divisional rankings. One of my guys was ranked #6 at heavyweight. I gave him a bit of a warm up fight against somebody ranked around #23 or #24. He won via 1st round submission and dropped to #20 in the division. <p> </p><p> Seems crazy - that would be like Mark Hunt beating someone like Timothy Johnson in the 1st round then dropping 14 spots in the rankings.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Did you make a lot of new signings? Were other fighters in between fighting?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheProdigy" data-cite="TheProdigy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Did you make a lot of new signings? Were other fighters in between fighting?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yea did make quite a few signings but not 14 - possibly 2 or 3. And may have been 1 other fight in the division on the same card but neither of those would explain the huge drop in ranking.</p>

<p>Is there a way to replace ALL fighters with randomly generated fighters at the start?</p><p>

So they all have 0-0 records and MMA is basically a new sport?</p><p>

I'd love to do this, but I can't find a way. </p><p> </p><p>

I tried increasing all active fighters age to like 55 and skipping a few months but when they retire there are NO fighters being re-generated, how does fighter regeneration work?</p>