[RELEASE] Shifting Sands

9uFXb5r.png

http://i.imgur.com/mmP8Zju.png

Shifting Sands is a modification that begins in January, 2006. I began this modification in March, 2015 and I assure you, I've worked on it almost every day since; whether it's been a full dedicated day - of which there has been a lot - or just an hour or two fiddling with statistics or something equally trivial. Almost everything - bar the things that I’ve credited people for towards the bottom of this post - have been made from scratch, which includes every single worker, every picture, every chemistry, every relationship, every title and every title history, amongst many other things. This was done partly because I didn’t want other peoples mistakes but mainly because I wanted this modification to feel like something new rather than one of those modifications that are simply made up of a whole host of other modifications. Like all my modifications, I've included as much detail as is humanly possible which is why everyone's ‘Biography’ and their ‘Employment History’ has been filled out as much as possible to give you, the player, an insight into the wrestling world in 2006. Overall? I just hope people give this a chance, and it's a modification that'll not only be played now but in versions of TEW to come. Thanks for reading and more importantly, enjoy.

http://i.imgur.com/AXscTpc.png

http://i.imgur.com/8kuJypY.png

All that appears solid and substantial is built on the shifting sands of ceaseless transformation and unfortunately, the wrestling industry is no different. After World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) fought off the challenge of World Championship Wrestling (WCW) and Extreme Championship Wrestling (ECW), things became a little stale but the sands of time never stay the same for too long and it seems there are some new challengers brewing. The biggest challenger is coming from the South with Jeff Jarrett's Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA) snapping up some of the biggest names in professional wrestling but a promotion closer to home and named Ring of Honor (ROH) is also turning heads. With other promotions also earning a cult following and the WWE in the middle of a transition from stars of yesteryear to potential stars of the future, North America's torch has been lit.

http://i.imgur.com/TudwTv7.png

No longer a similar force to the United States of America, Canada has been in the doldrums for a number of years with even the iconic Stampede Wrestling struggling to bring in the crowds. Despite the lack of success however, Canada is still producing some of the best young talent in the world and promotions like the International Wrestling Syndicate (IWS) are earning a vocal and loyal fan base. With Border City Wrestling (BCW) also earning a fair amount of fanfare due to their partnership with Total Nonstop Action Wrestling, Canada could potentially see a rise in the near future if all their talent isn't snapped up.

http://i.imgur.com/y9sjMTZ.png

With the might of Joint Promotions losing it's grip on British professional wrestling many years ago, a whole host of promotions have taken their own unique grip on the sport in Britain. With Joint Promotions original rival All Star Wrestling (ASW) still going strong in the North, the real fight has been between Frontier Wrestling Alliance (FWA) and the International Pro Wrestling: UK (IPW:UK) in the South. Producing some young and exciting youngsters, Britain doesn't get the coverage it got in it's heyday but it's almost producing a better quality product with even promotions in Scotland and Ireland holding their own. Developing unique relationships with promotions from around the world too, British wrestling could be on the precipice of becoming a unique hub of professional wrestling.

http://i.imgur.com/J5Mb9C8.png

In the early-90s, Asistencia Asesoría y Administración (AAA) took the lead for several years but when the Mexican economy declined in the mid-90s, the promotion scaled-back and Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre started re-building. Starting with the famous El Hijo del Santo Vs. Negro Casas feud where Santo shocked the world by turning heel when he dressed up like Negro Casas' brother Felino and attacked him, both CMLL and AAA continue to battle for supremacy. With Toryumon Mexico also in the mix, Mexico still produces some of the best and most athletic wrestlers in the world but they have some work to do if they're to contend with North America and Japan.

http://i.imgur.com/xmSoaG5.png

With All Japan Pro Wrestling (AJPW), New Japan Pro-Wrestling (NJPW) and Pro-Wrestling NOAH (NOAH) battling it out for supremacy each with their own unique stars, Japan has become one of the best places to watch professional wrestling in the world. Whilst the so-called "big three" are relying on developed stars however, the likes of Dragon Gate are relying on young and athletic wrestlers, many of which can be considered future greats. And whilst all of this is going on, the highly unique products of both Dramatic Dream Team Wrestling (DDT) and Pro Wrestling ZERO1-Max (ZERO1-Max) offer something very different. Offering dream matches, high-quality wrestling and some of the most unique story-telling professional wrestling has ever seen, Japanese puroresu is a hotbed which seems like it'll only get bigger and better as the years advance.

xGJufyK.png

While the big challenge is happening in Germany between German Stampede Wrestling (GSW) and Westside Xtreme Wrestling (wXw), Europe as a whole is producing a quality product and some good, young athletes. Forming unique relationships with promotions from around the world as well as producing their own talent, promotions in Europe are actually becoming known around the world but whether they have enough to ever compete with the promotions they regularly work with remains to be seen.

http://i.imgur.com/JIGfYd7.png

Mistakes
- I expect there to be a lot of mistakes whether they’re tiny and insignificant like a spelling mistake or something more severe like a wrong picture given to the wrong person. That said, I’m more than happy to fix any issues/mistakes so please inform me of them when/if you find them, I will not be offended because like I say, I’m expecting people to find them. The way I see it, the more mistakes that you inform me of, the better the modification will be in the long run because I can fix them and then re-release the modification into the world. Just please bare in mind that I appreciate criticism, but I will not tolerate unhelpful condemnation with no helpful tips.

Further Information
- If you have any further/more accurate information on this time period, then I’d still love to hear about it. For example, if you know of a storyline which was unfolding in January, 2006 in any given promotion that I can add to ‘Starting Storylines’ then I’d love to hear about them.

Tag Teams
- Like my other modification, I have included "Yet to Debut" tag teams, but they obviously haven’t got any experience and their "Formed" date is obviously later than January, 2006. Fortunately, it’s a changeable value in the game so it’s up to you whether you wait for said date to come around or bump them up a bit.

Employment Histories
- Also like Territory Daze, every single worker in the modification has an "Employment History" of some kind unless they’re ‘yet to debut’ and this is done to give you, the player, an idea of the persons background and where he/she has spent most of their time.

Credits
- Thanks go to...

fullMETAL
for his "Worker Names Database"

Idolized
for his "iNSPIRED Angle Pack"

sockpuppet
for both his "Injury Mod" & his "Venue Mod"

Matt Shannon
for the Match Types from his "The Main Event" mod

Derek B
for his mod making guide

wrestling-titles.com
for their title histories

wrestlingdata.com
for their amazing website

SLAM! Sports
for their equally amazing website

and, finally,
the GDS community
for their help and encouragement.

http://i.imgur.com/5mxsTYk.png

This modification is completely freeware; mod-makers are free to use whatever they want in their mods and people are free to edit the database however they please. However, I do ask that you credit me if anything I've done in this modification is used on another. Thanks.

http://i.imgur.com/kqVW3iM.png

ul5bucq.png

Direct Link:

Click Me

AtUYHfH.png

Direct Link:

Click Me

Grey Dog Software has recently made it very clear that we aren't allowed to link directly to donations on their forums to ensure they're covered if anything was to go wrong, but they've graciously allowed people to do it through third party websites such as social media. Therefore, I've created a Twitter account to simply link people to my (or more importantly my wife's) PayPal account. Please be aware that all my modifications are and ALWAYS WILL BE freeware and I do them because I enjoy it, but if you would like to give me something in return then it'll be truly appreciated. Thanks.

Link: Click Me

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay, so here is the very first release of Shifting Sands. I haven’t got much to say but this is what I’d actually consider a very early BETA despite officially releasing it, because there’s a lot I still want to add but I want to get something out for people to enjoy so I’ve decided to bite the bullet. I look forward to hearing what people think and I’d love to hear what everyone would like to see added in the future, although don’t be surprised to see that it’s probably already on my list. So without further ado, please enjoy.

<p>Been looking for a reason to get back into TEW and pull myself away from Fire Pro for a bit. </p><p> </p><p>

Really excited to see how this mod is, this is in all honesty a very interesting time in pro wrestling that doesn't get enough love. There was a lot going on, and I think people were just burnt out on WWE and their schtick that they turned away from wrestling all together which is why I don't think it's as popular of a time as it should be.</p><p> </p><p>

Can't wait to get this going. Thanks!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Tardelli" data-cite="Tardelli" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45924" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Thank you Mammoth for your hard work. I will download the mod right away. Lots of love!</div></blockquote><p> You're very welcome. <3</p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="YoungNoble" data-cite="YoungNoble" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45924" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Thanks for this. I will try it out today</div></blockquote><p> I look forward to hearing your thoughts.</p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RingRider" data-cite="RingRider" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45924" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Excited to try this out later today! Knowing your previous work Mammoth, I'm willing to bet that this will be extraordinarily well researched and contain meticulous detail! <p> </p><p> I sense a number of 2006 diaries popping up over the next few months...</p></div></blockquote><p> Well, I do try to put as much detail into my modifications as humanly possible. And I certainly hope to see a few diaries come out of it as I didn't see as many diaries for Territory Daze as I hoped but I'm sure a lot more people will be more aware of this time period.</p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bonafide_Bluffa" data-cite="Bonafide_Bluffa" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45924" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>omg! i havent played this game in several months but i figured id check here to see if any new mods were released and im glad i did! will definitely pick this game up again to try this out!</div></blockquote><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheGhost" data-cite="TheGhost" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45924" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Been looking for a reason to get back into TEW and pull myself away from Fire Pro for a bit. <p> </p><p> Really excited to see how this mod is, this is in all honesty a very interesting time in pro wrestling that doesn't get enough love. There was a lot going on, and I think people were just burnt out on WWE and their schtick that they turned away from wrestling all together which is why I don't think it's as popular of a time as it should be.</p><p> </p><p> Can't wait to get this going. Thanks!</p></div></blockquote><p> I'm always happy to give someone a reason to rejoin Total Extreme Wrestling, so I'm glad I could help the both of you out.</p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Tardelli" data-cite="Tardelli" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45924" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Quick note,<p> </p><p> </p><p> Abyss complains when put in a brawl based match. I dont know if thats right.</p></div></blockquote><p> No, it's certainly not planned. It's also strange because as far as I'm aware, those sort of notes are usually decided by a workers personality and I don't see any reason he wouldn't enjoy brawl based matches. I've upped his "Liberal" a little to see if it makes a difference.</p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="YoungNoble" data-cite="YoungNoble" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45924" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>-Any plans to add the WWE and WCW Halls of Fame?<p> -Also, it appears that Heidi Lovelace is not in the data.</p><p> -TNA had exclusive rights to the NWA titles at this point. Maybe consider making them TNA titles instead of alliance titles?</p></div></blockquote><p> Yes, I plan on adding all of Hall of Fame's (or as many as I can) but it wasn't necessary for what is basically a BETA release. </p><p> </p><p> Heidi Lovelace will be added before the next update.</p><p> </p><p> The problem I have with making the NWA Championships TNA exclusive is that there would be no reason for TNA to bring in their own titles a year or so later if they were actually there's, and for me that doesn't simulate very well. I figure having them as alliance titles but only having TNA as a member of the aforementioned alliance will work better in the long run. Also, it potentially gives you this whole alternative reality where TNA leaves the National Wrestling Alliance early or they never leave them at all and have to share the titles with another promotion, which I find more fun. </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="crackerjack" data-cite="crackerjack" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45924" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Very glad to see this receive a release. Excited to dive in!<p> </p><p> Thanks for all of the hard work.</p></div></blockquote><p> You're very welcome.</p>

With the Abyss thing, is his hardcore stat about 10 or more points higher than his brawling? Basically the worker will complain if the style isn't their highest stat, but it won't affect his moral or anything. he could have 80 brawling but if his hardcore stat, or aerial or submission etc for that matter, is the 90's he'll still remind you that it doesn't suit his strength.

If Batista is still Heavyweight Champion shouldn't Kurt Angle be on Raw? I may be misremembering but I thought Angle switched over the night he won the vacant title?

Edit: In fact he was in the Elimination Chamber match at NYR that's yet to happen at the start of the game so definitely should be on Raw.

With the Abyss thing, is his hardcore stat about 10 or more points higher than his brawling? Basically the worker will complain if the style isn't their highest stat, but it won't affect his moral or anything. he could have 80 brawling but if his hardcore stat, or aerial or submission etc for that matter, is the 90's he'll still remind you that it doesn't suit his strength.

So many years and still coming across things I didn't know. You've gotta love TEW! That explains it then because yes, his hardcore stat is more than ten points above his brawling stat. I personally don't mind upping Abyss' brawling stat despite the note not having any real significance, so expect an increase in the next update regardless. Thanks. :)

If Batista is still Heavyweight Champion shouldn't Kurt Angle be on Raw? I may be misremembering but I thought Angle switched over the night he won the vacant title?

Edit: In fact he was in the Elimination Chamber match at NYR that's yet to happen at the start of the game so definitely should be on Raw.

Yes, you're right. Because he switches over to SmackDown so early in the month (winning the World Heavyweight Championships as you correctly say) I must have thought it was a good idea to have him on SmackDown from the start but that was obviously a stupid decision. He has now been moved back ready for the next update. Thanks.

Do I play TNA or ROH first? Decisions decisions

*insert "Why not both?" gif here*

First impression, it looks really solid and I do like the longer bios that show you put in potentially excessive amounts of research so massive respect for that.

Would love to see Japan expanded a bit, any plans to add Big Japan, Michinoku Pro, Osaka Pro, Kaientai Dojo or any joshi promotions?

Also Australia is understandably pretty neglected but things were picking up around this time, most of the Aussie guys who are currently working in the US and Japan were making their first major strides around 2006. Happy to help out with either this or the Japanese promotions if you run short on info as I know they are on the harder side to research.

First impression, it looks really solid and I do like the longer bios that show you put in potentially excessive amounts of research so massive respect for that.

Would love to see Japan expanded a bit, any plans to add Big Japan, Michinoku Pro, Osaka Pro, Kaientai Dojo or any joshi promotions?

Also Australia is understandably pretty neglected but things were picking up around this time, most of the Aussie guys who are currently working in the US and Japan were making their first major strides around 2006. Happy to help out with either this or the Japanese promotions if you run short on info as I know they are on the harder side to research.

I haven't got any plans to add any other male puroresu promotions as of right now, but I've been thinking about adding one or two joshi puroresu promotions for a while because I've added a lot of joshi workers and right now, they haven't really got anywhere to shine. I can't promise you'll see anything in the next update, but it's certainly something I want to look into in the future. The same pretty much applies to Australia too because you're right, the Australian guys many fans are aware of today were just starting out around this time. I haven't done any research into them as I write this but again, it's something I want to do. If I can't find out very much, I'll be sure to get in contact. ;)

You did it! Thanks so much for this

I was always going to do it... it was just a matter of when. xD You're very welcome.

This. This makes my day. I really enjoyed your 70's mod. So I am really looking to dive into this one as well. Thank you sir. Your hard work is really appreciated.

Thanks, I hope you enjoy the effort.

The only possible gripe I have at the moment is the star quality of quite a few people could do with a raise seeing as how little the stat moves during gameplay.

Takeshi Morishima on the verge of breaking out at this point only has a 36 SQ for instance. Okada also has his potential mentioned in his bio but it sits at a mere 56.

It’s also personal preference but I’d say consider tweaking wrestler styles as well. Danielson was probably at his peak in terms of strictly being a technical wrestler (as opposed to Japanese Junior like he was when he was younger). I would say KENTA is definitely puroresu style.

After that everything else looks really good. Definitely interested to see the progress.

Got some quick notes about promotion products since a few will cause promotions to just be run incorrectly

NJPW, NOAH and AJPW currently hate low risk matches because they have daredevil at medium which should be dropped. I'd say their products are actually inverted with NOAH being modern (big focus on juniors and AJPW went back to the more traditional slow building HW style post exodus) and AJPW being more with Pure/Realism. As is it requires NOAH to have a technical masterclass every show which definitely is out of character for them.

NOAH was considerably larger than AJPW at this time as they had just come off Destiny 2005 drawing 50,000+ fans the previous summer. The peak of their popularity and debatably even more than NJPW for a brief period.

Misawa should be added as mentor of Marufuji.

I would say Chono was the figurehead of NJPW at this time, definitely not Tanahashi yet. Overall Tanahashi just seems really buff relative to the rest of the world, especially for his 2006 self. He is 8th in the world for highest psychology currently.

I would lower realism from AAA

Also of note which is probably intentional, but the region importances already restrict promotions from reaching certain levels inherently due to how oppressive they can be. It's legitimately impossible to reach National in Mexico for instance, as you need 100 popularity just to reach 65 importance in SE Mexico