TEW2020 Discussion Thread

I love the idea of having a show full of 3 way or 4 way matches. That could be pretty cool.

The best thing about this is guaranteeing 4v4 for shows like Survivor Series. The main event match being AI set is awesome too.

Adam you are doing an amazing job with these features. Just when we think you can't outdo yourself you hit it out of the park. We aren't even far into this versions journal either. Damn this is going to be an amazing game!

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know, wrestling's tricky. You might be able to procedurally generate soccer or baseball or basketball because it's a real game both teams are trying to win. I think if you try to "sim" a WWE 2k19 match, it's just a bunch of random moves being slowly thrown around back and forth until someone runs out of HP. That's not a wonderful franchise everyone loves and it's not really made to be simmed, but it's still a pretty sophisticated AAA game.

More "he looked strong" or "he looked like bad" notes would be great though because I remember them being pretty rare. Pointing out cool spots, pointing out botches, stuff like that.

A write up would be cool. Not an actual play by play like WMMA. EWR was lke that but the entries were repeated far too often.

Rather than try to address each individual question... I just want to say that all the traditional schdedules we've grown used to are still easily done and lots of new options are added. Most things are being misunderstood, which is fair enough... it's a wordy entry and much easier to see in practice than to talk about. :)

Thanks for the clarification. That's good to hear.

Today's "sticky" search criteria is not a small feature for me at all. I often switch back and forth between the workers section and other sections and find myself putting in the same criteria over and over again.

So, this is one of my "make the player's life easier" features that I really appreciate.

Today's "sticky" search criteria is not a small feature for me at all. I often switch back and forth between the workers section and other sections and find myself putting in the same criteria over and over again.

So, this is one of my "make the player's life easier" features that I really appreciate.

Since the game is a source of income for Adam, I think he tends to view how big or small a feature is by how likely it would be to referenced on a hypothetical box. Sticky searches are the kind of feature that wouldn't be on the box because "Is that really going to bring anybody in?" But I'm with you, Brother Kingster. Features that make the player's life easier aren't as small as they appear. They are often what keeps a player stuck into the game and gives them the kind of bang for the buck that makes them want to provide the word of mouth.

Sticky search is certainly something I missed from other games when playing TEW so it's definitely very welcome. Does that just apply to the usual tabs like Characters and Promotions, or does that work for everywhere searches are done, like rosters and match bookings?

New AI instructions are also very nice, I actually wouldn't mind all titles defended as sort of a norm for most promotions' events, I notice a lot of the time a new tag champ will also immediately win a singles title and neglect defending the tag titles for like a year... seems like a nice way to potentially brute force that into not being a thing if need be.

I assume those are in addition to the mandatory battle royal instruction?

I don't know if this is what Adam meant when he said "as well as" in his opening gambit, but with the addition of criteria other than the traditional "Hold Battle Royal" and "All X vs. X", I'd actually love to see multiple "AI Instructions". So "AI Instruction 1" would be "All 5 vs. 5" and "AI Instruction 2" would be "Main event is 1 vs 1", so you have total control over the card AND main event simultaneously. This would be much more accurate to how WWE currently uses Survivor Series, as they often run a "normal" main event alongside the traditional Survivor Series matches these days. If that is how Adam intended his wording, then I love today's feature even more.

<p>The sticky search feature is going to be pretty amazing. It will certainly make life a little easier. These are sometimes the best features of a game.</p><p> </p><p>

What Mammoth said though would be really cool. Being able to have an All Tag Matches show but have a note for the Main Event to be 1v1 would be cool. This would allow a lot of extra control over the games booking that I think would make mods so much better.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Mammoth" data-cite="Mammoth" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I don't know if this is what Adam meant when he said "as well as" in his opening gambit, but with the addition of criteria other than the traditional "Hold Battle Royal" and "All X vs. X", I'd actually love to see multiple "AI Instructions". So "AI Instruction 1" would be "All 5 vs. 5" and "AI Instruction 2" would be "Main event is 1 vs 1", so you have total control over the card AND main event simultaneously. This would be much more accurate to how WWE currently uses Survivor Series, as they often run a "normal" main event alongside the traditional Survivor Series matches these days. If that is how Adam intended his wording, then I love today's feature even more.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That's how I understood the entry. </p><p> </p><p> "The possible instructions for AI events have been expanded, including new match types <strong>and the ability to set specific main events as well as 'whole show' booking styles.</strong>"</p><p> </p><p> With that quote, I'd assume that's what he means. At least that's how I take him saying "as well as".</p>

<p>Hi, I have a little question.</p><p> </p><p>

How about the relationship between federations ? We can actually use dirty tricks in a war but is it possible to add more dirty tricks or people thinks there is enough ? I use them a lot and I have to admit it's pretty funny.</p><p> </p><p>

It's just a small question that will not change much but I prefer ask now ^^</p>

I love everything i have seen so far in the Journal one thing i would love would be a reworked royal rumble so you can create a better picture of what happens. Chosingwhen people enter maybe how long some people are in it things like that would be amazing and bigger pop increases for having things like longest in the match most eliminations things like that. As 2001 when austin won Kane got just as much as a reaction from eliminating most of the field

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DAVEFAN95" data-cite="DAVEFAN95" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Really cool entry today, I never thought that Dojo's needed to be changed but I can't say that the new system isn't an improvement.</div></blockquote><p> Quoting this for emphasis. I've struggled to produce loyalists as BCG to make up for talent raids and enjoy saves/diaries that heavily rely on new workers (Rocky Mountain Wrestling, Lone Star Wrestling, Titan Factory, Piledriver Wrestling, to name a few) so I was excited to read Adam's breakdown. The Training/Facilities breakdown also sounds promising, as so far you were able to invest in graduate quality but not quantity. Instead of setting new worker generation to extremely high (for the entire database) we're allowed to set it high just for our own promotion now.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DarK_RaideR" data-cite="DarK_RaideR" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Quoting this for emphasis. I've struggled to produce loyalists as BCG to make up for talent raids and enjoy saves/diaries that heavily rely on new workers (Rocky Mountain Wrestling, Lone Star Wrestling, Titan Factory, Piledriver Wrestling, to name a few) so I was excited to read Adam's breakdown. The Training/Facilities breakdown also sounds promising, as so far you were able to invest in graduate quality but not quantity. Instead of setting new worker generation to extremely high (for the entire database) we're allowed to set it high just for our own promotion now.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Amen, brother. Loved today's entry. Especially the possibility to increase the number of graduates without having to mess with the game world options.</p>

<p>Big fan of the changes to training facilities.</p><p> </p><p>

A couple of questions:</p><p> </p><p>

Can workers in a database that won’t have debuted at the start of the game be set to graduate through these facilities in the pre-game editor?</p><p> </p><p>

If a facility is set to be attached to a child company, would the graduates develop loyalty to the child company or the parent company? It would be nice if they’d be loyal to parent company so, for example, Performance Center grads would move directly to NXT but be loyal to WWE rather than graduating to WWE and needing to be sent down to NXT.</p>

<p>I am incredibly excited about this entry -- probably the most excited I've been about an entry since the announcement about being able to play as developmental companies. As a guy who is writing a diary that relies heavily on talent graduating from my dojo -- the ability to invest in the quality of my dojo to potentially have better initial talent come out and the ability to potentially have talent that comes out loyal from the dojo really excites me.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div> The type of graduation can be set for each training facility. It can either be fluid, which means that graduates will appear throughout the year, or it can be fixed to a specific month when an entire class will graduate at one time. There's no real advantage of disadvantage to this, it's purely for the player's preference. </div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I do have a question about this. Can graduates be fixed to multiple months? For instance, can I set graduates to come out in June and December? Or March/June/September/December [if I wanted them to come out once a quarter]. Just looking for clarification.</p><p> </p><p> Again, this feature has me incredibly excited about the possibilities for diary writing and game saves in the future -- and can really make small companies trying to build home grown rosters incredibly viable.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Slim Jim" data-cite="Slim Jim" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Can workers in a database that won’t have debuted at the start of the game be set to graduate through these facilities in the pre-game editor?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It is planned but hasn't been coded yet.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Slim Jim" data-cite="Slim Jim" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If a facility is set to be attached to a child company, would the graduates develop loyalty to the child company or the parent company?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The parent; the "first refusal" goes to the parent, not the child.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Historian" data-cite="Historian" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I do have a question about this. Can graduates be fixed to multiple months? For instance, can I set graduates to come out in June and December? Or March/June/September/December [if I wanted them to come out once a quarter]. Just looking for clarification.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No, it's either fluid or a specific month.</p>

<p>About dojo,</p><p>

I would like to know if we can have more than one trainer and if it is possible investing in facilities, to create specific courses:</p><p> </p><p>

I mean it would be nice if you can add something like </p><p> </p><p>

Actor training: a pro actor takes some lessons to develop Acting (and gimmick)skill/</p><p>

Physio traning: a coach takes lessons to teach how get in shape, eating well etc.</p><p>

Public speech: a public speeches take some lesson to develop mic skill</p><p> </p><p>

and so on...</p>

<p>With the mention of training center workers developing loyalty to the parent company, I'm wondering if that means workers will be rigidly loyal to parent company regardless of how significantly better a financial offer from a competitor is.</p><p> </p><p>

Maybe that's a subject for a later entry though?...</p>

<p>So, as a company I can invest in either a dojo or a performance center? Training schools are either pre-set in the editor or are being formed by retired wrestlers like they are at the moment?</p><p> </p><p>

Today's feature sounds really interesting, especially with the training and facility ratings. Adds another level of strategy into what is now called "training facilities" without over-complicating things.</p>