TEW2020 Discussion Thread

MOD MODE

Re-opening the thread. Just a reminder that the subject of debate is over. I'm not deleting any posts as the community has indicated a preference to leave posts up where possible.

Let's get back to talking relevant TEW2020 things. That's what we are all ultimately here for and should be the focus. TEW2020 is going to be awesome. :)

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked this after it was first announced, but never got an answer. What exactly is the range of salaries you can offer workers? All that the relevant journal entry said about it was that the minimum was less than $10 but not zero and that the maximum was $400,000 a month or more.

Am I stupid? Or is the range not 10-400,000?

The relevant sections from the journal:

"the lower end of the scale now goes down below $10 per show as basic pay"

"biggest names can be looking for $400,000 or more as their basic wage"

As with all financial stuff, the final numbers aren't locked in yet until further testing is done. Getting the financial model right is going to require lots of tweaks so Adam can't be too specific with numbers yet. :)

The new tournament feature is something great that I never knew I wanted. But now that it has been announced it sounds so cool. Especially for the block style tournaments, as I have always wanted to run one but could not be bothered keeping track of the points.

As with all financial stuff, the final numbers aren't locked in yet until further testing is done. Getting the financial model right is going to require lots of tweaks so Adam can't be too specific with numbers yet. :)

I would love to see an unlimited top-line when negotiating in Multiplayer games. Multiplayer games can often feature crazy figure contract negotiations above what anyone is worth. The no limit ceiling when it comes to multiplayer games would make for an interesting dynamic. No Way Jose for 1Million anybody? :p

I would love to see an unlimited top-line when negotiating in Multiplayer games. Multiplayer games can often feature crazy figure contract negotiations above what anyone is worth. The no limit ceiling when it comes to multiplayer games would make for an interesting dynamic. No Way Jose for 1Million anybody? :p

Is this scenario, nobody is above what they're worth. If you're making enough money to be able to sustain a $1M a week No Way Jose deal and someone else who wants his services can pay 990k then he's worth $1M a week. That's kinda how market-based economies work.

This is also Vince's real genius, he's always been a wasteful, awful booker IMO. But his entire empire has been built by utilizing dirty tricks and underhanded dealings. The WWF was founded by walking into cable offices and buying out his rivals TV timeslots bleeding them out slowly and buying their once sustainable businesses for peanuts.

Without newspaper coverage or the internet to get the word out McMahon was doing this, he was able to do this over-and-over across the country, then when JCP got traction and did some good buyrates he made the Survivor Series, and told anybody that if Starrcade or any JCP PPV was aired on their platform, they'd stop offering them Wrestlemania which pretty much killed JCP overnight, and forced him to sell to Turner.

He's invented terminology to skirt regulators, he's won in court to retain his workers' classification as independent contractors. McMahon's genius is in building, retaining, and exploiting a monopoly. Which is why AEW is such a threat. Unless he's got a card up his sleeve I'm not seeing, he's built an isolated business that can't affect the market anymore, this was one of the huge wins I saw from the WWE Network. Which I think is the stealth reason AEW can exist today.

Which is great, because this is how market-based economies should function, and the only real way you can generate sustainable wage growth.

More good additions today, delayed call ups make a lot of sense but it's the match styles/aims that I'm really happy with. A change which I wouldn't have thought about suggesting but now it's mentioned I can't think at all of any benefits of the existing/16 way of doing it. I don't like my options for match types being overloaded so this should help it all look more simple without actually taking any depth away.

Don't know what you mean, we were never all bidding the max amount each for people under the old system.... oh wait, yup. We did that a lot. :p

So yeah, numbers have work to be done yet. Is fun to open up new games and see how much people are making. :D

Big fan of the removal of match types.

I hated how every high risk match was either Brawl abased or Hardcore based. No one in the database could work half the more extreme type matches because everyone’s hardcore stat is so bad.

In general the hardcore stat as whole is probably I’ll conceived but meh... this alleviates one issue.

Also TLC matches randomly being high spot matches when tons of workers have worked that match style before.

Interesting to see the removal of match styles.

Also, it's good that we'll get warned about call-ups in and releases from developmental about a month ahead, since anyone playing a RW mod with NXT will probably quickly see WWE call up a lot of their roster members of release them.

Just hoping for content risk to be determined without creating adding match types now. It follows the same logic as the match aims.

As someone who enjoys playing hardcore promotions, this would be amazing. Can't keep spamming barb wire deathmatches across the card and it's crazy how some match types like Last Man Standing, I Quit etc are lighter on content than most "diva" matches. I'll usually make my custom match types with a bumped up content risk, but it gets real tiring real fast and feels like I'm gaming the system.

My suggestion would be to replace those with a booker note or a slider next to intensity/danger that would affect how "extreme" you want the match to be booked in terms of spots. I mean, you can have a bloody, gruesome gorefest of a match with just no dq/countout rules.

As someone who enjoys playing hardcore promotions, this would be amazing. Can't keep spamming barb wire deathmatches across the card and it's crazy how some match types like Last Man Standing, I Quit etc are lighter on content than most "diva" matches. I'll usually make my custom match types with a bumped up content risk, but it gets real tiring real fast and feels like I'm gaming the system.

My suggestion would be to replace those with a booker note or a slider next to intensity/danger that would affect how "extreme" you want the match to be booked in terms of spots. I mean, you can have a bloody, gruesome gorefest of a match with just no dq/countout rules.

Same!

Would like to see content risk make the switch as well. Add it in for angles as well. All of those should be in match aims and road agent notes imo.

Same thing for injury risk.

MOD MODERe-opening the thread. Just a reminder that the subject of debate is over. I'm not deleting any posts as the community has indicated a preference to leave posts up where possible.

While I can certainly appreciate the change in moderation from deleting posts, I'm pretty dissappointed that people can seemingly still get away with freely bashing The Mod Squad (a group I have been and still am a proud member of) without consequence.

I have been looking to the future, eargerly following the development diary and participating in the discussion thread from time to time, and was excited with the prospect of modding for TEW 2020 - but comments like the above still being fired and, even worse, seemingly being accepted by GDS management, makes me wonder if the intention is to run all of us off the boards completely.

To paraphrase Rone Rivendale:

I just hope modders don't lose their creative juices from all these snide remarks and negativity.

Big fan of the removal of match types.

I hated how every high risk match was either Brawl abased or Hardcore based. No one in the database could work half the more extreme type matches because everyone’s hardcore stat is so bad.

In general the hardcore stat as whole is probably I’ll conceived but meh... this alleviates one issue.

Also TLC matches randomly being high spot matches when tons of workers have worked that match style before.

I hope they all are moved to match aims. There is a difference between a high spot laddder match and a brawl based ladder match...

While I can certainly appreciate the change in moderation from deleting posts, I'm pretty dissappointed that people can seemingly still get away with freely bashing The Mod Squad (a group I have been and still am a proud member of) without consequence.

You say all that, and while I respect the work that you and the Mod Squad as a whole do... are you serious? Did you read the thread?

The conversation was strictly related to the features of the upcoming TEW game, until someone I can only assume came from YOUR discord came in and started bringing up the Mod Squad and bashing a lot of the work done by Ryland on the upcoming game, as well as being dismissive and rude to anyone that was just excited for the upcoming game.

Hey, I just looked at your discord, and you really wanna talk about people being rude to you guys? Maybe try being a little less hypocritical. I barely had to scroll for this one, but your discord is full of people being ridiculously rude and saying hateful things towards various people on the GDS forums, sometimes in general and sometimes at specific people. There are plenty of examples just like this.

https://imgur.com/a/N5ZuuDS

MOD MODE ENABLED

Hive and FlippantFox. Take it to PM if you have to continue anything, whether it's with each other or with myself. This isn't the place for this discussion. Next person to continue this on the forum will be hit with a posting ban for 10 days. I don't care who started it, I'm finishing it.

The Match Style setting has been removed from matches; the effect this piece of data used to have is instead controlled by the 'match aim' related road agent notes. For example, instead of needing a specific 1 vs 1 match with the style 'Comedy Based', you can just use the regular 1 vs 1 match and would use the 'Match Aim: Comedy' note. This saves database makers a lot of time, as they don't need to create multiple versions of the same match just to have different style settings, without adding to the player's workload as they would be using the match aim notes anyway.

Adam put this in the journal but that raises questions. What if you turn off match aims? It is also makes me wonder if you can turn off match aims anymore?

MOVING ON!

Match Styles changes is a good one for me. I have a list i imported into every mod, with variants of every match. Multiple Hell in a Cell, Money in the Bank, Battle Royal. So although it wants exactly negatively affecting my game play, its nice to know that my match lists can now be cut by about 80-90%.

Im hoping for more mini announcements next week to do with Matches. Hopefully some new match types. Its a text based game, so multiple on screen limit thankfully in not something to worry about.

I would love to see more combinations of Handicap matches added, such as 1v6, 1v10 and so on.

The main one being Higher numbers on multi man teams. 6v6, 7v7, 8v8, 9v9, 10v10 and more if possible. They happen... all be it rarely, but still the option would be great. Others would be more options for Tag and Trios.

Also Angles havnt had much announced for them. I would just like the number of 8 people in an angle to be lifted. If your wanting a video package to hype 5vs5... its not currently possible.

Yes i guess they have a place in the suggestion section... but its on topic with today's announcement.

Finally... "The 'Other Companies' (formerly 'Pacts') selection in a worker's Business tab has been enhanced to include double the number of choices. These choices are also better defined in terms of what they actually do."

What are the "Other Companies" choices? :)

Why does this guy keep saying MOD MODE ENABLED! or MOD HAT PUT ON!

We all know you're a mod man. No need to keep announcing it.

I'm digging the tournament announcement.

Not everyone knows. Sometimes I look like some weird kinda of random person trying to enforce things that I shouldn't be. Sometimes I just have to put myself over for those who may not know yet. :)

About the recent announcements.

I dig the tournament addition. I had a system for doing tournaments in place already, but this built-in system is very much appreciated. And highly requested, too. So it's cool to see it in.

What I really like is the fact that match styles are now a match aim. It's exactly the way I've thought it should be done, as well. Two wrestlers can have a cage match that has a lot of spots off the top, whereas another set of two wrestlers may have a more brawling oriented cage match. Think of Bret and Owen in contrast to Tully and Magnum TA.

Same goes for any type of match tbh, so I honestly just ended up having every match be a regular match and used my imagination. With some clear exceptions. But this does add a layer of immersion to the game that I appreciate.

I wonder if the default setting - when no match aim is included - is a regular match.

What I am hoping for is to see people stop outright rejecting doing deathmatches. Most of the CVerse workers seem to reject it, because they're on the liberal side of the bottom personality bar.

Thankfully though, I think this is removed, because Adam said earlier that the personality bars would be replaced with the trait tags from WMMA 5.