TEW2020 Discussion Thread

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BuddyGarner" data-cite="BuddyGarner" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I don't really like gimmick feature showing up in one segment. In real life, yes jobbers get the crazy gimmicks until they find stuff that works but it usually takes a while to see if a gimmick is catching on.<p> </p><p> You can't tell if a gimmick is once in a life time after one match.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Gimmicks have always gotten an initial rating and can improve over time. It doesn’t mean every legendary gimmick debuts as such</p>

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't recall if he's mentioned this but I hope in 2020 you have the option of moving a title from your main company, down to the dev company. I just bought the NWA World & tag titles & wanted to send the titles to developmental. I don't want to send them for a one off or anything, I just wanted the titles to be defended down there without needing to make fake titles with none of the linage.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BasicThuganomics" data-cite="BasicThuganomics" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Has Adam said whether there will be body portrait worker pictures? I know the game is changing its look and its been said it'll be similar to WMMA5, so just wondering if it'll include cool full body portraits as well as floating heads.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> He has said before that it will not include full body renders.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bigpapa42" data-cite="Bigpapa42" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>No, the average wrestler can do either roughly equal. They might be sightly better at one or the other, but not massively so. So they won't have any indicator. Wrestlers who can ONLY do one or the other would get an attribute to that end. So someone who is face-only in current data would still be that way in 2020 data, just shown in a slightly different way.<p> </p><p> At least that's the way I understand it.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That's the way I understand it as well.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BuddyGarner" data-cite="BuddyGarner" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I don't really like gimmick feature showing up in one segment. In real life, yes jobbers get the crazy gimmicks until they find stuff that works but it usually takes a while to see if a gimmick is catching on.<p> </p><p> You can't tell if a gimmick is once in a life time after one match.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Sort of what others have said, it is similar to how it is done now. They have their initial rating. The initial outcome of their gimmick, but it can develop over time and become better or worse.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RatedRKO16" data-cite="RatedRKO16" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Were there any good features anyone suggested that didn't make the cut? Blading would have been a cool feature. I would have seen that like the "sick bump" with maybe a less chance of injury.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The one that comes to mind to me is the pre-booking calendar. Which is a shame as that would have been an insta-buy for me. Looks like this may be another game in the series that's tricky to play because story structure has to be tracked via third party program or not at all.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RatedRKO16" data-cite="RatedRKO16" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Were there any good features anyone suggested that didn't make the cut? Blading would have been a cool feature. I would have seen that like the "sick bump" with maybe a less chance of injury.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The only major change I really wanted was a real-world calendar system. It's not a dealbreaker, but that's one of the biggest issues I have with the way the game works.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RatedRKO16" data-cite="RatedRKO16" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Were there any good features anyone suggested that didn't make the cut?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Let's not go down that route, please - having the next 10+ pages of the thread just be people recapping what they've already said in the suggestion forum is just going to make for a super-negative atmosphere.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="lavelleuk" data-cite="lavelleuk" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I have to be honest I much prefer the face and heel performances being this way. I find in most indy promotion wrestlers can usually do both to a basic extent, even if it's just smiling less and cheating. I like that being better than just working a slightly heelish style will be covered too by being a natural heel, or guys who are too likeable to even look like a bad guy are covered too.<p> </p><p> Just seems to make more sense to me.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I definitely disagree. </p><p> </p><p> Wrestlers do NOT perform Face and Heel equally. More times than not they perform one better than the other but i'll just wait and see how this mechanic works.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Irishwhiskey119" data-cite="Irishwhiskey119" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I definitely disagree. <p> </p><p> Wrestlers do NOT perform Face and Heel equally. More times than not they perform one better than the other but i'll just wait and see how this mechanic works.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I agree with you. To me, face & heel aren't just mannerisms and personality. The entire mechanisms of how you perform and function in a match are different. what to do. How to do it.</p><p> </p><p> I'm fine with how it's been chosen to be done (with the mechanisms of working being covered by the main stats) but I'd have gone entirely the other way. Babyface and Heel beings stats equal if not more important than brawling, psychology etc, with rookies starting low and having a spend a career learning those roles.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Irishwhiskey119" data-cite="Irishwhiskey119" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Wrestlers do NOT perform Face and Heel equally. More times than not they perform one better than the other but i'll just wait and see how this mechanic works.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> As covered in the entry, performing one way better than the other is one of the options covered.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Irishwhiskey119" data-cite="Irishwhiskey119" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Wrestlers do NOT perform Face and Heel equally. More times than not they perform one better than the other but i'll just wait and see how this mechanic works.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think this was pretty explicitly stated that this would be covered by the attribute feature.</p>

I agree with you. To me, face & heel aren't just mannerisms and personality. The entire mechanisms of how you perform and function in a match are different. what to do. How to do it.

That's a good point. I know this shouldn't be a place for suggestions, but I've always felt that TEW not including some sort of mechanism that takes face and heel performance into account is missing out on some strategy and nuance for the game. There's some wrestlers that clearly perform worse when they have to work a "Heel beats up good guy" style.

I didn't even notice about the skill change drip feed until now. Maybe with the changes to that and popularity it won't be so easy to get everyone to 100 pop and 100 of many skill levels(entertainment skills are easier).

I'll probably try the same tactics and if those don't work. I'll rely on good ol' dominate.

I know it was mentioned, I think, earlier on. But I am really excited for the popularity changes. The AI hardly ever created new stars. WWE signed AJ Styles and he was a midcarder for legitimately 5 years. 0 titles won. AI had 45+ year Buff Bagwell win titles left and right, with like under 30 stamina. I get AJ Styles, instantly shoot him up to 90 popularity in a span of a few months.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BrokenCycle" data-cite="BrokenCycle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That's a good point. I know this shouldn't be a place for suggestions, but I've always felt that TEW not including some sort of mechanism that takes face and heel performance into account is missing out on some strategy and nuance for the game. There's some wrestlers that clearly perform worse when they have to work a "Heel beats up good guy" style.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This already happens when you make someone who isn’t good at that role play it, they are penalized a ton. Most people don’t do it because you get like 300 warnings about what will happen. A ton of real life penalties are things that people playing a computer simulation wouldn’t dare do because the numbers don’t make sense.</p>