TEW2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are morbid but I think they oddly enough, have somewhat of a place in the game. I doubt they would be added though.

Well, we do know Roman Reign has cancer. Silver King collapsed in the ring and died after a heart attack. There's this one dude who lost both legs in AEW. For depression, we have Benoit. I do know one guy who used to worked for WWE for a while who was disabled after taking a risk pump but I forgot his name. Of course, there's Takayama who is probably never able to walk again. We have Hornswoggle as a dwarf. I dont know if there is an albino wrestler thou. As for CTE, anyone who have taken multiple pumps probably have it. Benoit also had CTE, so does Jimmy Snuka. In fact, it is more like "who doesnt have CTE rather than who has it".

As for me, I only want to see the top wrestler of your company got into an accident, lost his leg, got depressed then offed himself. It's a tragic story but very realistic if you think about it. There's a Japanese wrestler who always bring a death letter with him to work. The letter says that if he die in the match, his opponent shouldnt feel guilty because his health was very bad to begin and he also sorry for being inconvenience.

<p>"There's one new addition to the game to mention, which is in the scheduling section. Players now have a Redo Schedule button. What this does is allow you to totally recreate a schedule from scratch, with the ability to choose from any of the pre-written options (such as Monthly, Tour, Seasons, etc). This isn't going to be a feature that'll get a lot of use for most players, but for those who move from a normal to touring schedule (or vice versa) this is going to be invaluable as otherwise you'd be looking at a fairly major amount of work - this new feature gets rid of that task for you."</p><p> </p><p>

So I'm a simple man, does all of this mean you can do like a mass editor while in a save that lets you add a bunch of events to a schedule without needing to go through them one, by one? Like If I wanted G1 Climax night 1 then 2 then 3 does this let me do that in a game?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Blake Trask" data-cite="Blake Trask" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Or maybe that could you know, not be in a game that's for escapism.<p> </p><p> I don't really want to play a WRESTLING SIM game where I might see someone lose their battle with depression and commit. That's not fun. That's just upsetting.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I definitely agree with this. I don't want to see the game go to that level. Workers already die from drug overdoes and accidents and what not, I don't think we need to take it to another level and make it for depression related reasons.</p>

<p>I think there could be something interesting in a far-future version of TEW keeping track of worker's mental wellbeing, much in the same abstract way that it keeps track of a worker's physical wellbeing. Only instead of someone's arm condition going down based on injuries, their mental health goes down based on how they're booked, getting fired, friends dying, too many days on the road, etc. And instead of leading to further injuries and/or retirement, it would lead to backstage incidents, no shows, etc. Some people would have good resilience to life's troubles. Others wouldn't. </p><p> </p><p>

I don't like the idea of reducing mental illness to sudden suicides, although perhaps my idea is too gamey.</p><p> </p><p>

EDIT: I suppose worker happiness already covers some similar gameplay functions. Treat negatively? Less happy. Less happy? More incidents.</p>

<p>That the AI is currently booking very realistic shows is music to my ears! Excited to see this in action. And if the Auto-Booker can emulate that kind of booking, I'm sure I'll use it more than I have in past iterations of the game.</p><p> </p><p>

Adam, a (hopefully) small request: Could the Auto-Booker please use the exact nomenclature for angles as it does for the AI-run rival shows? </p><p> </p><p>

In TEW 2016, this isn't the case. The Auto-Booker will sometimes book an angle called "Storyline segment with Wrestler X and Wrestler Y" but you'll never see a "Storyline segment" angle in the booking of a rival AI-run show.</p>

Wow, so with the revamped auto-booker we're basically getting a 'true' owner mode. Awesome. Probably hard to do but what would make it even cooler, is if you selected to be an owner, you could hire a booker, and his booking skill would take into effect the quality of the shows, ie like the AI companies do.

Owner, Creative team and ring announcers

This is something that in my opinion was missing in TEW 2016

Owner vs Head Booker

Playing as a Booker in TEW2016 is not hard and unpredictible enough in my opinion. While if you play as an owner it's all in your control and it's ok ...

If you play as a booker i'd like to have more influencial owner.

Me as a booker:

- would not sign new workers, instead could only ask owner to sign them (with contract lenght and possible rooster push indicated on the same screen, but for owner to negotiate),

- Same goes for the backstage / ringside staff,

- would not negotiate PPV / TV coverage, deals etc, but could suggest expanding to new markets,

- in fact, i'll skip all ideas i have in mind and just say, that all aside of booking shows would have to be negotiated with the owner, while it would be the boss who would have to agree and get the deals done.

It was mentioned in some posts before:

I'd love to have some sort of writers and or booking team.

I.e.: just playing TEW 2016, 1996 mode and as WWF i have guy known as Vince Russo, who .... there is no point in him being in my company, so gets fired straight away as soon as he does something disturbing backstage.

I know, i know we have a creative meeting screen but it's so automated. I can be alone in the newly found company with no other people and still get the best possible advice about best talents in the world - makes no sense for me.

I could sign 20 wrestlers and get best advice as who is my best 5 workers etc.

Creative team could be so much fun, they would like to push their favourites, and try to sink down guys they don't like etc.

Ring Announcers:

Same mod, same problem, Howard Finkel, he is not play by play comentator or colour, he is your typical announcer, and it would be great to show it in the game. Good announcer and / or famous celebrity could add something to the show, while poor one could lower crowd mood with uninteresting announcing.

Royal Rumble/Battle Royal Finishes

I think a draw should be added for Royal Rumble/Battle Royal type matches, think Cena and Batista in '05.

Ring Announcers: Having someone like Howard Finkel or Lillian Garcia could make them more useful, than using them in backstage angles.

Mis-Communication Tag Finishes: Self-explanatory

Or maybe that could you know, not be in a game that's for escapism.

I don't really want to play a WRESTLING SIM game where I might see someone lose their battle with depression and commit. That's not fun. That's just upsetting.

I understand where you're coming from, but I understand the desire for more realism. I mean we already have drug overdoses and addictions in the game. If you are really sensitive about it, there could be an option to turn off realistic deaths like the option for Kenny deaths.

With that being said, in ring deaths are EXTREMELY rare. Cancer diagnosis during active in ring careers are rare as well. If stuff like were to be programmed in, chances are, the average player would probably never see that in their game.

I understand where you're coming from, but I understand the desire for more realism. I mean we already have drug overdoses and addictions in the game. If you are really sensitive about it, there could be an option to turn off realistic deaths like the option for Kenny deaths.

With that being said, in ring deaths are EXTREMELY rare. Cancer diagnosis during active in ring careers are rare as well. If stuff like were to be programmed in, chances are, the average player would probably never see that in their game.

I get both sides. I don't think it needs to be so realistic though. "Committed suicide" is just flavor text. The worker is dead, "Death Frequency" is already an option in TEW2016. The "game changer" event where a worker gets caught in a scandal is in game too. Could alter that to have a potential to die of drug overdose, even though that already is in-game.

Suicide is a bit much, but realistic I suppose, so if its something that could be turned on and off, I'm for it. What has made TEW so great is that there are so many ways to play and this would just add to that.

I also like the idea of a true creative team with ratings and suggestions on who to sign, who your top guys are, etc. based on how good they are. The auto booked matches could reflect that as well. Doubtful it makes it into the game since its already in progress but would be a nice addition to TEW 2024 (since it seems to be every 4 years)... so we need to remember this suggestion.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RosettaStoned" data-cite="RosettaStoned" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think a draw should be added for Royal Rumble/Battle Royal type matches, think Cena and Batista in '05.<p> </p><p> Ring Announcers: Having someone like Howard Finkel or Lillian Garcia could make them more useful, than using them in backstage angles.</p><p> </p><p> Mis-Communication Tag Finishes: Self-explanatory</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Adam has said many times that they shouldn't be in the game, as their role isn't something that is used in game. So it is a modern issue not a game issue.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RatedRKO16" data-cite="RatedRKO16" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> </p><p> I also like the idea of a true creative team with ratings and suggestions on who to sign, who your top guys are, etc. based on how good they are. The auto booked matches could reflect that as well. Doubtful it makes it into the game since its already in progress but would be a nice addition to TEW 2024 (since it seems to be every 4 years)... so we need to remember this suggestion.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I would enjoy seeing this as an addition so many times I thought about how there's a creative meeting area but no ones on creative.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RingRider" data-cite="RingRider" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Don't forget however that in TEW16 you can convert your save into a database! Next, convert your 16 database (from save) into a 2020 database and presto! Your save can continue!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RingRider" data-cite="RingRider" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>From in game, save as .mdb<p> </p><p> Although admittedly I never did it, I always assumed that's what that feature did.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Ok so if i follow these steps i can continue my current WCW save, by making the TEW2016 save into a TEW2020 database?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CPBHBK" data-cite="CPBHBK" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I don't remember seeing but can anyone let me know if tours will be allowed to be preset to happen or if they'll be created as tours begin?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> They are created at the start of the game.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Asaemon" data-cite="Asaemon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Ok so if i follow these steps i can continue my current WCW save, by making the TEW2016 save into a TEW2020 database?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No, as several people commented immediately after, RingRider was misunderstanding the feature.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="James Casey" data-cite="James Casey" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Out of curiosity, what would you want to see in? The only things I can think of are super shows and there being voting on the titles, but I'm curious what others might expect.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Well, I can't go into detail right now as I just came to take a look, but I will try to answer to this later if I don't forget. But Alliances are very contrived and with a lot of cosmetic flavor only. Some changes should have been made. I don't know why they weren't severely updated, but I suppose it wasn't doable for this version.</p>

Well, I can't go into detail right now as I just came to take a look, but I will try to answer to this later if I don't forget. But Alliances are very contrived and with a lot of cosmetic flavor only. Some changes should have been made. I don't know why they weren't severely updated, but I suppose it wasn't doable for this version.

Alliances are a pretty useful feature in the game, at least how I play with them. TEW2020 has no cap on the amount of Alliance loans that you can have and they’re much cheaper now. I think Adam said they’ll be what the fair PPA rate would be. Before, you were limited to using 5 or 6 wrestlers from 1 company before you couldn’t use them for an extended period of time. I would use that feature a lot for doing super shows between multiple major companies. It worked perfectly for those Mid 90’s mods, where you could have working agreements with WWF, WCW, AAA, AJPW, and NJPW and do some pretty major shows. With the added and improved features in the game this year, it’ll be a lot easier to do more of those super shows. I believe working agreements have the same freedom for loaning workers as alliances but I have to go back and check.

I definitely plan on doing a major alliance utilising 1 company per region in a organic setting. So there will be roughly 60 companies all doing trades and putting on super shows. Each company will have a core group of 5 wrestlers signed exclusively to them while filling out the rest of their roster with free agents that’ll probably work for more than 1 territory, at least at the start of the game. It can also work well in a parent/child company situation where the parent company puts on the big shows, while the child companies are all in an alliance with each other. There’s a lot of ways to use Alliances, and it’ll definitely be better in 2020.