TEW2020 Discussion Thread

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RatedRKO16" data-cite="RatedRKO16" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div> 5) If a person chooses the "my way or the highway" option and a wrestler walks out, he should not get paid the remainder of his contract, since he walked out and was not actually fired.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don't agree with this one. That would be a too easy way to get rid of difficult workers.</p>

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="born_naughty" data-cite="born_naughty" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I don't agree with this one. That would be a too easy way to get rid of difficult workers.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This is true.</p><p> </p><p> Plus, in the most recent real life examples of this like workers walking out of WWE, most of them were gone with pay or formally released from their contract. I dont think PAC or Punks pay were suspended when they quit.</p><p> </p><p> Now, I do believe that us (the Company) should reserve the right to force a worker to sit out the rest of their contract if they do quit. The way the game is set up benefits the worker entirely and the company none.</p>

This is true.

Plus, in the most recent real life examples of this like workers walking out of WWE, most of them were gone with pay or formally released from their contract. I dont think PAC or Punks pay were suspended when they quit.

Now, I do believe that us (the Company) should reserve the right to force a worker to sit out the rest of their contract if they do quit. The way the game is set up benefits the worker entirely and the company none.

This makes sense.

Also adding to my list would be the no compete clause that WWE has.) When the wrestlers contract is over, (I think its 3 months? Before they can show up on tv again. I'm pretty sure they can always sign with indie promotions but cant show up on television for a certain amount of time.

• 2 weeks later...
This makes sense.

Also adding to my list would be the no compete clause that WWE has.) When the wrestlers contract is over, (I think its 3 months? Before they can show up on tv again. I'm pretty sure they can always sign with indie promotions but cant show up on television for a certain amount of time.

I don't see that being hard to program in. If a wrestler is working for a company, on the particular show. If the company decides to pick any broadcaster, it could give a warning saying something like "WARNING, 'Wrestler' will become unavailable when you pick a broadcaster, due to his non-compete clause."

This makes sense.

But that's not how non-compete clauses work. WWE's non-compete clause only comes into effect if you are released early.

So it works like this: If I have Tommy Cornell under contract and his contract expires, the day after his contract expires he is free to work anywhere else he wants to work, TV or no TV.

If Tommy Cornell and I come to terms with his release, in WWE terms he's actually being given 90 days notice. So in the instance of Luke Harper, he has been given his release, but that works like three months notice where he is still getting paid before he is done with the company. In that time, he is free to negotiate other deals and work non-televised dates, but he's still an employe for those 90 days.

The way TEW works is workers work for you until they don't. There isn't a 90 day period where you are getting paid for being released so the three month rule wouldn't apply, because technically guys like Harper are still employed -- they've just been given their notice and are getting paid still.

But that's not how non-compete clauses work. WWE's non-compete clause only comes into effect if you are released early.

So it works like this: If I have Tommy Cornell under contract and his contract expires, the day after his contract expires he is free to work anywhere else he wants to work, TV or no TV.

If Tommy Cornell and I come to terms with his release, in WWE terms he's actually being given 90 days notice. So in the instance of Luke Harper, he has been given his release, but that works like three months notice where he is still getting paid before he is done with the company. In that time, he is free to negotiate other deals and work non-televised dates, but he's still an employe for those 90 days.

The way TEW works is workers work for you until they don't. There isn't a 90 day period where you are getting paid for being released so the three month rule wouldn't apply, because technically guys like Harper are still employed -- they've just been given their notice and are getting paid still.

Wow, okay. That makes sense. I was never 100% sure how that worked. It makes sense. What about how the contracts work in TEW. You pay the worker the remainder of their contract, "I think it's their remainder, sure does seem like it." I would prefer if you could negotiate their release or maybe just make it like how you said. Give them 3 months pay for a written contract like giving them a 90 day notice. That would be better than paying out a 7 year contract. But it would also be cool if the worker was allowed to deny that kind of release. Say for instance, you want to release someone but they don't want it. So you have the option of buying out their contract how we have now in TEW2016.

I believe Harper was released from his contract, which would mean that he is not getting Paid for the contract, which triggers the 90 day no compete clause. Obviously you are not going to release a wrestler from their contract and still pay them, if you are going to be paying the wrestler, you are going to job them out until their contract expires because you would be out the money anyway.

PAC is an interesting example. As far as I know Pac refused to wrestler, which meant his contract got extended for everyday he didn't wrestle (but I would assume he wasnt getting paid). This is kinda how wwe extends contracts for wrestlers who get hurt.

Legally if a wrestler refuses to work they have essentially broken the contract and wouldn't get paid. They would likely have to pay the company. I would imagine that WWE has structured their contracts so that wrestlers can refuse to wrestle but their contracts are paused until they wrestle again.

Either way the game does need a better way to handle workers that refuse to wrestle as no real company would finish paying the contract.

I believe Harper was released from his contract, which would mean that he is not getting Paid for the contract, which triggers the 90 day no compete clause. Obviously you are not going to release a wrestler from their contract and still pay them, if you are going to be paying the wrestler, you are going to job them out until their contract expires because you would be out the money anyway.

PAC is an interesting example. As far as I know Pac refused to wrestler, which meant his contract got extended for everyday he didn't wrestle (but I would assume he wasnt getting paid). This is kinda how wwe extends contracts for wrestlers who get hurt.

Legally if a wrestler refuses to work they have essentially broken the contract and wouldn't get paid. They would likely have to pay the company. I would imagine that WWE has structured their contracts so that wrestlers can refuse to wrestle but their contracts are paused until they wrestle again.

Either way the game does need a better way to handle workers that refuse to wrestle as no real company would finish paying the contract.

I could be wrong but I feel like releasing a worker, invoking a 90 day no compete clause, and not paying them is highly illegal. I don't think a company has the right to tell you not to work somewhere for 90 days, but then not pay you for that time. It's gotta be one or the other. Even if that exact wording is in the contract, that doesn't mean it's not illegal. Legality trumps the clauses of a contract

I could be wrong but I feel like releasing a worker, invoking a 90 day no compete clause, and not paying them is highly illegal. I don't think a company has the right to tell you not to work somewhere for 90 days, but then not pay you for that time. It's gotta be one or the other. Even if that exact wording is in the contract, that doesn't mean it's not illegal. Legality trumps the clauses of a contract

I'm confident they get their downside / base salary during the 90 days.

As I understand real life WWE contracts, during the stanard WWE 90 No Compete Clause workers get paid their base pay (along with residual merchanise pay and stuff like that_ for the 90 days as long as they don't wrestle anywhere else. Workers CAN choose to wrestle elsewhere if they want to though, but if they do then they don't get their base pay.

That may have changed in recent years though, but that's always how I understood it.

As for workers who choose not to wrestle while under WWE contract, they are entitled to do that as no-one can be forced to put their body on the line if they don't want to. The exact nature of the contract would likely stipulate that a worker will get paid their base rates still, but as workers get more money for working more dates they are missing out on a large chunk of their pay if they sit on the sidelines. Not only that, but WWE will generally stop making merchandise for them, meaning that a worker would pretty much only get their base pay instead of a good pay day. In the case of Neville / PAC that would have a been a huge dent in his earnings, as anyone working regular dates even if it's just house shows would be earning far above their base pay.

And lastly.... the injury extension clause seems to be a more recent thing, or at least WWE has only been enforcing it in recent years. Again, workers earn a lot less while on the shelf as they aren't working dates so they'll only be making their base pay plus whatever merchandise and other things they can get. Since they're usually still on good terms the WWE would still push this normally and WWE will often also help them to find other things to do to help them make money too. Workers don't usually mind getting a bit more time on a deal, especially if the company is standing by them.

The Luke Harper case was a rough one though given that he wanted out and WWE didn't want him to go.... so he had the injury thing and his contract extended, but WWE weren't looking to give him more opportunities to make money, and he would have only been making his base pay for the most part. WWE likely hoped that by promising him something good creatively while also squeezing him on the finances that they could get him to come back to work.... but Harper seemed happy to avoid that, even after the injury. I'm glad he got his release in the end, and I'm hoping he does big things in the future. He's a talented guy with under-rated charisma. :)

• 2 weeks later...
As I understand real life WWE contracts, during the stanard WWE 90 No Compete Clause workers get paid their base pay (along with residual merchanise pay and stuff like that_ for the 90 days as long as they don't wrestle anywhere else. Workers CAN choose to wrestle elsewhere if they want to though, but if they do then they don't get their base pay.

That may have changed in recent years though, but that's always how I understood it.

As for workers who choose not to wrestle while under WWE contract, they are entitled to do that as no-one can be forced to put their body on the line if they don't want to. The exact nature of the contract would likely stipulate that a worker will get paid their base rates still, but as workers get more money for working more dates they are missing out on a large chunk of their pay if they sit on the sidelines. Not only that, but WWE will generally stop making merchandise for them, meaning that a worker would pretty much only get their base pay instead of a good pay day. In the case of Neville / PAC that would have a been a huge dent in his earnings, as anyone working regular dates even if it's just house shows would be earning far above their base pay.

And lastly.... the injury extension clause seems to be a more recent thing, or at least WWE has only been enforcing it in recent years. Again, workers earn a lot less while on the shelf as they aren't working dates so they'll only be making their base pay plus whatever merchandise and other things they can get. Since they're usually still on good terms the WWE would still push this normally and WWE will often also help them to find other things to do to help them make money too. Workers don't usually mind getting a bit more time on a deal, especially if the company is standing by them.

The Luke Harper case was a rough one though given that he wanted out and WWE didn't want him to go.... so he had the injury thing and his contract extended, but WWE weren't looking to give him more opportunities to make money, and he would have only been making his base pay for the most part. WWE likely hoped that by promising him something good creatively while also squeezing him on the finances that they could get him to come back to work.... but Harper seemed happy to avoid that, even after the injury. I'm glad he got his release in the end, and I'm hoping he does big things in the future. He's a talented guy with under-rated charisma. :)

Until the 90 days are up they can only wrestle for non-televised events. That's how it's been for years.

Until the 90 days are up they can only wrestle for non-televised events. That's how it's been for years.

That's not entirely true. If they chose to work televised dates, they forfeit the remaining pay they would be getting for the 90 days. Most choose to stay off of television for the 90 days because they can get paid significantly better money than they would for say, appearing on Impact. They can worked non-televised dates and continue to get paid on their downside guarantee because they're not competing in the television market.

The newest dev journal has me even more excited somehow despite it just being a quick update :D The Compare Prestige feature is such a small but engaging addition. I like looking at other companies' title prestiges so that will save me a lot of time browsing around the game world.

With some testers saying that they can't play TEW2016 anymore because of how awesome 2020 is, I am hyped.

The newest dev journal has me even more excited somehow despite it just being a quick update :D The Compare Prestige feature is such a small but engaging addition. I like looking at other companies' title prestiges so that will save me a lot of time browsing around the game world.

With some testers saying that they can't play TEW2016 anymore because of how awesome 2020 is, I am hyped.

As much as I miss playing my awesome BHOTWG game in TEW16, I can't go back to it myself now. Will still take me a bit of time to adjust to TEW20's changes but in testing so far I'm loving it and I'm making so many plans for my first proper TEW20 save in my head. :D

And of course, I'm trying to work out everything I need to add for my CV97 update too. Can't forget that though I've not even started on it yet. :)

I am excited. Do we have a road map what the rest of the development is? I assume its very much finishing CVerse as bugs and problems are found and sorted out, with attirbutes and products to get finalised as well. Then then final bit of testing to make sure they all work out right and public beta??????

I'm not sure which side of the ocean you are on and what type of profession you are in, but non-compete deals are pretty standard in the US in a lot of fields.

If my wife were to be fired from her company she would have a 1 year non-compete that would only void under specific circumstances. She wouldn't get paid either.

I can't wait for this to come out. I do have a question about wrestler contracts. Will there be a way, (not looking in the editor) to see when a workers contract will expire. Would be nice to plan things farther ahead instead instead of seeing a notice shortly before it expires.

I can't wait for this to come out. I do have a question about wrestler contracts. Will there be a way, (not looking in the editor) to see when a workers contract will expire. Would be nice to plan things farther ahead instead instead of seeing a notice shortly before it expires.

I doubt it. You aren't really supposed to know