TEW2020 Discussion Thread

So its going to continue the legacy issue of not being able to give RW companies their accurate rosters, and needing to leave out lower card guys so they don't get automatically released, etc? I hope that isn't the case.

None of this should impact the planning of mods as you can quite easily play around with the owner settings to get to the desired number anyway.

^^^

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^

Yeah, but that same quote could have been said of 2016. Maybe he just means changing owner settings so they prefer a larger roster. Keeping it as is still won't fix the problem, it would have taken actually going in and making a change, and that's what I'm wondering; will it still be a problem for mod makers and mod players in 2020?

Out of curiosity. Is there a coding reason behind the (according to the Journal) apparent lack of ability for us to book a draw finish in battle royals still in TEW 2020? It's been lacking in the TEW series throughout the GDS era. And giving us the ability to book a battle royal to end on a double elimination seems like such an obvious thing to, it makes me wonder if it's just a coding limitation - and that I should stop suggesting it every year.

Please please please! Release the product as an early release on Steam! Let your devoted fans pay for the incomplete version, test it, play it, LOVE IT, and continue development until it is released as a completed version. I would pay the money just to have an early release on Steam.

Please please please! Release the product as an early release on Steam! Let your devoted fans pay for the incomplete version, test it, play it, LOVE IT, and continue development until it is released as a completed version. I would pay the money just to have an early release on Steam.

There already is a dedicated testing team hard at work. Let's just enjoy the finished product once it hits the shells in April. Patience is a virtue.

One thing Ive always loved about this series is the lack of bugs upon release. You dont have to sit around 2 months for the patched version to feel comfortable. Its a huge draw for me personally.

One thing Ive always loved about this series is the lack of bugs upon release. You dont have to sit around 2 months for the patched version to feel comfortable. Its a huge draw for me personally.

Seriously? There's always tons of bugs in TEW games. Rarely are they truly game breaking, but they're there.

The game world screen has also been totally redesigned so that's it's a single screen, no pop ups, and each area and region has a proper bio and stats screen giving you text descriptions of exactly what each region covers (i.e. what states are in each US region, what countries are in each Euro region, etc), the spillover, etc, so that should be much more intuitive and user friendly.

Very random thing, but I saw a debate on Twitter about what states constitute the Mid West and now I'm really curious about how the U.S. will be "officially" divided in TEW. Has this been posted anywhere? I have some very passionate opinions and am primed to rage!

Very random thing, but I saw a debate on Twitter about what states constitute the Mid West and now I'm really curious about how the U.S. will be "officially" divided in TEW. Has this been posted anywhere? I have some very passionate opinions and am primed to rage!

This post: http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=538845 has a downloadable map file as well as some people posting of what the regions are.

This post: http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=538845 has a downloadable map file as well as some people posting of what the regions are.

Wow, you were quick with that! That U.S. map isn't quite how I see it, but it's close enough and judging by the back-and-forth on that old thread, this is no longer a can of worms that I'm eager to open. :p

Out of curiosity. Is there a coding reason behind the (according to the Journal) apparent lack of ability for us to book a draw finish in battle royals still in TEW 2020? It's been lacking in the TEW series throughout the GDS era. And giving us the ability to book a battle royal to end on a double elimination seems like such an obvious thing to, it makes me wonder if it's just a coding limitation - and that I should stop suggesting it every year.

I would love to see this. WWE has done it 2 times in the Rumble I believe? Needs to be in there.

TEW 2020 - Dojos

Just wondering if it will be possible to add a dojo / School / PC and set a star to open it that hasn't made their debut yet,

For example in my 97 Mod, I added Create a Pro to debut in 2015 but Hawkins hasn't made his debut in 1997 so I can set him to found it

Yea, and just something as simple as setting up a triple threat match by ending a number one contender's battle royal with a double elimination.

I guess a work around would be to have the wrestler you want the biggest boost to win then book a 1 on 1 match afterwards in which you have them draw.

I would love to see this. WWE has done it 2 times in the Rumble I believe? Needs to be in there.

The way I see it the match is merely prolonged after a brief... segment? It usually barely qualifies as a segment. And I fail to see how it adds much to match rating. I can see how it's annoying to people who book 1-minute segments and all, but it won't matter to the gameplay. In the record books, afaik, it still counts as a win for one worker. It's interesting however to revisit the "draw" booking style. How does it work again? I've always assumed there's no pop transfer for a "draw" so I rarely book it. It also adds nothing to ratings and seems merely for storyline purposes.

As for the call to release early-access: in theory this seems like a nice idea, but in practice people seem to forget that the game is not finished. In the end, it only leads to frustration and bad publicity. I've had nothing but bad experiences with early releases (heck, even day1-purchases the latest years), that I'm perfectly fine with waiting a few weeks before I even start to play games nowadays. Generally, the testers know what they're doing. I doubt devs cherrypick the "yes men" who just "play the game a bit". Due to the complexity, there's bound to be bugs at release, but it shouldn't be anything gamebreaking. Adam's previous game only had 15 patches with few major fixes. I'm confident it'll be roughly the same here.

In terms of maximums, there's no real need to be too wary of going over. In previous games the AI would check the numbers once or twice a week and make firings if the number of workers exceeded the maximum levels, which could lead to early mass firing sprees if a company had been given a bloated roster. In TEW2020 the AI only checks if it needs to make firings once or twice a year and, even then, won't be making firings unless there's a financial reason to (i.e. they're losing money month after month).

Boom, thank you. Load those jobbers back in folks.

Battle royals in general could do with an overhaul imo. You can book, for example, Keith Lee to go all the way and be the final elimination and he's still gonna lose 2 overness along with everybody else who didn't win the match.

Battle royals in general could do with an overhaul imo. You can book, for example, Keith Lee to go all the way and be the final elimination and he's still gonna lose 2 overness along with everybody else who didn't win the match.

Yeaaaah... I don't want to be all Negative Nancy - and TEW 2020 is looking great, this doesn't take away from that at all - but I was a little disappointed by the apparent lack of changes in battle royals. It was my favorite thing in TEW 2004 to book the Royal Rumble, and battle royals in general. You could do these in-match stories, choose who eliminates who, how, when, etc. It was really a whole lot of fun. Bums me out that it hasn't been a part of the GDS TEWs. Maybe it's a coding limitation, or maybe it's just that most people woul find it tedious to book every battle royal match step by step. I understand that.

<p>With TEW 2020's product settings dictating the manner in which a company's shows are graded (i.e 90% main event, 10% rest of card), I wonder if this will be able to be set per event type/show. </p><p> </p><p>

If so, it will be easier to replicate mid/late 80s TV, in which only the main event really mattered where as the PPVs typically had a strong card throughout.</p>