TEW2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 day shows are essentially 2 separated shows. But for the naming purposes it would be cool.

Think 2 day shows are the last major domino to fall before TEW becomes just about perfect for me

I've done a lot of two day shows (my diary The Climb featured two big two-day PPVs) and the way I have done it is set it as: Gold Rush Night One and Gold Rush Night Two and I made sure that they are numbered the same so that they would turn out Gold Rush Night One VII and Gold Rush Night Two VII (in my head the number always goes before Night One and Night Two), but that's the best way I've found to do two-day shows.

If we can get Cinematic matches added this late in development, is it possible to remove the time limit cap for matches to get higher ratings? A lot of modern matches are sub-10 minute sprints, like a Lesnar match, and every time they get capped at 80 due to match time.

Could this be something we can toggle? In the user preferences section maybe?

I'm assuming that the use of "protagonist" in the journal was meant to be "participants"? "Protogonists" would be the babyfaces of a story.

The Protagonist is just the main character in a story. Obviously this usually means they are also the ‘hero’/babyface but, for example, Arthur/Joker is the protagonist in Joker but there is a lot of debate about whether he is a hero/villain/anti-hero.

I assume on that basis the protagonist(s) for cinematic style matches would be Matt Hardy/Undertaker/Bray Wyatt for Final Deletion/Boneyard/Firefly Funhouse respectively but their opponent wouldn’t need to have the same type of gimmick/character so not all participants would be included in that requirement.

Can we also get that inset interview idea I threw out a couple of years ago?

This way we could do squash matches and still move feuds forward. Simply have a booking decision for inset interview, pick the guy and base it off of microphone or entertainment. Could be great to replicate some old school shows to keep up with the squashes and still have promos.

I've done a lot of two day shows (my diary The Climb featured two big two-day PPVs) and the way I have done it is set it as: Gold Rush Night One and Gold Rush Night Two and I made sure that they are numbered the same so that they would turn out Gold Rush Night One VII and Gold Rush Night Two VII (in my head the number always goes before Night One and Night Two), but that's the best way I've found to do two-day shows.

Isn't the DeColt Wrestling Festival essentially a 2-day show? I don't think you need special 'features' for this. It is what it is: two shows next to one another, and the appropriate penalties will apply. Other than the name, what ties Wrestlemania together this year?

2 day shows are essentially 2 separated shows. But for the naming purposes it would be cool.

The main reason I want to book 2 day shows is so I can spread out my Wrestlemania shows without having my main eventers get mad they aren't booked and also keep the show prestige the same. My Manias are long as hell and Id like to cut the times down due to the burnout effects that can happen now

Isn't the DeColt Wrestling Festival essentially a 2-day show? I don't think you need special 'features' for this. It is what it is: two shows next to one another, and the appropriate penalties will apply. Other than the name, what ties Wrestlemania together this year?

Shared prestige is the main deal and I think the ability to have talent see the show as “one” from a morale standpoint. In TEW, with events having prestige, it could be beneficial to have the ability to have multi night events that share prestige.

However, it doesn’t bother me. I was just explaining how I do the two day event for myself so that if someone else wants to use the same model (if they hadn’t thought of it) to help. I have suggested the two night event shared prestige before and it’s not in the game so I assume that it’s a coding issue — which is fine with me. Doesn’t bother me at all.

Well it wouldn't have happened during the existence of kayfabe because there wasn't the general acceptance of the fact that wrestling is predetermined. To have filmed a fake looking match like that would have been breaking kayfabe. No one thinks anything of it now because the only fans left are the ones who don't care about being presented the modern day choreograped style. But it would have never been done pre 1990's.

Well it wouldn't have happened during the existence of kayfabe because there wasn't the general acceptance of the fact that wrestling is predetermined. To have filmed a fake looking match like that would have been breaking kayfabe. No one thinks anything of it now because the only fans left are the ones who don't care about being presented the modern day choreographed style. But it would have never been done pre 1990's.

I'd argue that they were a thing in the 80's, ever see the Jerry Lawler vs. Terry Funk Empty Arena match circa 1981 (

)? These cinematic matches are a perfect fit for the Empty Arena gimmick match or more realistic Unsanctioned Matches not held in front of the fans (because if it's unsanctioned, why would it be in front of fans or given time on the actual card?)

Well it wouldn't have happened during the existence of kayfabe because there wasn't the general acceptance of the fact that wrestling is predetermined. To have filmed a fake looking match like that would have been breaking kayfabe. No one thinks anything of it now because the only fans left are the ones who don't care about being presented the modern day choreograped style. But it would have never been done pre 1990's.

I had a talk of the first time with a friend of the first match done like that, we landed on the hollywood back lot brawl between Piper and Goldust in 96 at Wrestlemania XII. Is there an earlier example that springs to mind? I am not like a wrestling encyclopedia when it comes to this so would be interesting to hear if someone knows of an earlier example!

I'd argue that they were a thing in the 80's, ever see the Jerry Lawler vs. Terry Funk Empty Arena match circa 1981 (
)? These cinematic matches are a perfect fit for the Empty Arena gimmick match or more realistic Unsanctioned Matches not held in front of the fans (because if it's unsanctioned, why would it be in front of fans or given time on the actual card?)

Maybe this answered my question :D:eek:

WCW did it too. I remember the moving hay truck matches back in the day!

You as a wrestler or you as just a character in the game? If it's you as a wrestling they'll need tape of you wrestling and some promo tapes. If it's just in general then no clue.

I dont have a mod BTW, just answering because I've followed along with some of these being developed

Definitely don't have promo tapes. Have some clips of me training, but none of our training matches have been released on tape yet. I'm announced as a wrestler, so I count myself as a wrestler this point.. but I haven't had a match yet. April 4th was supposed to be my debut, and I had another booking for April 19th already. But .... COVID-19 kind of put that on hold. :(

I could get a promo pic if needed too!

Not sure how many promos I'll be cutting for the few years, especially with my gimmick. My avatar is my wrestling gimmick! :)

Definitely don't have promo tapes. Have some clips of me training, but none of our training matches have been released on tape yet. I'm announced as a wrestler, so I count myself as a wrestler this point.. but I haven't had a match yet. April 4th was supposed to be my debut, and I had another booking for April 19th already. But .... COVID-19 kind of put that on hold. :(

I could get a promo pic if needed too!

Not sure how many promos I'll be cutting for the few years, especially with my gimmick. My avatar is my wrestling gimmick! :)

i would suggest just adding yourself into the mod once you download it. no disrespect but most of the mod makers dont try to add every single wrestler in the world to their database, otherwise it would take forever to make one.

i would suggest just adding yourself into the mod once you download it. no disrespect but most of the mod makers dont try to add every single wrestler in the world to their database, otherwise it would take forever to make one.

Fair enough, I was more-so worried about the picture since I dunno how to do that kind of thing. Our promotion isn't all that small though. We have had some pretty huge names over the last few years, as well as some stuff broadcast on local TV. We've sold out like 5 straight shows and the last one to not sell out had nearly 2,000 people.

Bret Hart, Tommy Dreamer, Tugboat, The Brainbusters, Ted DiBiase, Tyson Kidd, Billy Gunn, Mark Henry, Jimmy Hart, MJF, Tito Santana, Vickie Guerrero, Tyson Kidd, etc.

Fair enough, I was more-so worried about the picture since I dunno how to do that kind of thing. Our promotion isn't all that small though. We have had some pretty huge names over the last few years, as well as some stuff broadcast on local TV.

Bret Hart, Tommy Dreamer, Tugboat, The Brainbusters, Ted DiBiase, Tyson Kidd, Billy Gunn, Mark Henry, Jimmy Hart, MJF, Tito Santana, Vickie Guerrero, Tyson Kidd, etc.

if the promotion is already in the database they might add you. but then again the stats part would be difficult. if you have a headshot or something im sure someone here would be happy to make it into a TEW pic for you

Fair enough, I was more-so worried about the picture since I dunno how to do that kind of thing. Our promotion isn't all that small though. We have had some pretty huge names over the last few years, as well as some stuff broadcast on local TV. We've sold out like 5 straight shows and the last one to not sell out had nearly 2,000 people.

I wouldn't be put off by the idea of sorting your picture out, it's a lot easier than you're probably imagining. But if when you get the game you struggle and need any help adding yourself send me a message (or if you post again on the small questions thread you'll likely get someone more able than me to help you).

If you know how to add a worker to the database (which again is simple) then all you got to do is crop/resize a photo you got to the exact measurements (150x150), put it in the picture folder and then find it in game. But others might explain that better!

I wouldn't be put off by the idea of sorting your picture out, it's a lot easier than you're probably imagining. But if when you get the game you struggle and need any help adding yourself send me a message (or if you post again on the small questions thread you'll likely get someone more able than me to help you).

If you know how to add a worker to the database (which again is simple) then all you got to do is crop/resize a photo you got to the exact measurements (150x150), put it in the picture folder and then find it in game. But others might explain that better!

Sounds wonderful thank you!

Yeah if my promotion isn't in the game, I'll just add them. Probably not because it's a Canadian promotion. But thanks for the help everyone. Super excited to play this year.

With cinematic matches now happening, is there any chance the 3 segment penalty could be lifted? TNA had that whole 1 hour episode for the Ultimate Deletion match some years back that could be interesting to re book. I'd also like to run a company that runs 30 minute TV shows with 1 match taking up the whole block of time, and block tape 4 of them in a night. Usually I'd just do a 28 minute match and 1 minute video hype promos on each of the wrestlers involved just to get around the 3 segment penalty, but I'd rather go straight to the action because I'm lazy, lol