TEW2020 Discussion Thread

Just read that Adam had to delete threads for bad behavior? LOL what in God's name could people be being nasty about? Today is an awesome day!!

Seems like it went down while I was asleep so I cant really say but there was a bit of a fight about about getting screenshots and stuff. Thinking something else must have happened since thats probably not it

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It always surprises me how impatient people are, I mean I get it this series is a great series. But this happens every four years. People start fights, people open up several threads asking for the release time even though Adam clearly said very clearly that even he doesn't know that. Just chill guys be glad the year and half wait is over and the game is coming out today.

It always surprises me how impatient people are, I mean I get it this series is a great series. But this happens every four years. People start fights, people open up several threads asking for the release time even though Adam clearly said very clearly that even he doesn't know that. Just chill guys be glad the year and half wait is over and the game is coming out today.

I can't claim to have been here for the 2013 release but I remember people asking for 2016. That's why I said a few pages ago that people just need to think of the game as releasing late Thursday or at midnight on Friday. Makes it easier for your mindset. Monday I was saying "four more days" & some people were thinking I was dumb because it released on Thursday. But I think that way because it won't be out at 6am on Thursday. More likely it will drop in my area around 3pm.

I'm at work so I don't care when it comes out as I won't be able to get it until 6 tonight. But, I also feel that people complaining about others being impatient isn't warranted. They said the game comes out today. Can you think of any other game in the world that says that says its going to come out on a certain day and then you have to wait until an undermined time for that to happen? As many of you have said, this happens every time these games come out. That means that they have failed to straighten out this issue every time for years upon years. It's ok to point out when someone messes something up. It doesn't mean that they are bad people or a bad company. It means that they have a flaw that needs to be worked out. Imagine going to game stop on a day a game was released and they told you "we'll be able to sale it some time today but we aren't sure when". Imagine steam saying the same thing. These things don't happen in other places in this same business. GDS makes great games. They have a great repertoire with its fans. They do a great job of patching there games to make them better and they do it at a pretty fast speed. They construct a great community that encourages modders to add content to extend the life of their games. But they do a very bad job of getting their game out there on the day of release. Getting mad at people who have a legitimate complaint doesn't mean they are wrong or shouldn't voice their frustration. It just makes you sound like fan boys that will defend something even when there is a clear issue.

The reason I believe that GDs doesn't reveal the release time is to try and prevent a site crash. Steam is supported by a huge company and their servers are vast and can handle traffic like that. Physical media doesn't have that issue. But GDS is a small company and their servers have crashed a few times because they don't have the ability to handle the weight of everyone getting on at the same time. I get what you are saying, but to start fights over something like this isn't a good look either. I won't defend any company for something that is a serious flaw, but I feel GDS does have a reason as to why they don't reveal the release time.

The issue I have is that there is no reason for say 10 different threads all asking the same question. You can see one was open and answered and locked. No reason to open another, all you are doing it drowning the thread.

I'm at work so I don't care when it comes out as I won't be able to get it until 6 tonight. But, I also feel that people complaining about others being impatient isn't warranted. They said the game comes out today. Can you think of any other game in the world that says that says its going to come out on a certain day and then you have to wait until an undermined time for that to happen? As many of you have said, this happens every time these games come out. That means that they have failed to straighten out this issue every time for years upon years. It's ok to point out when someone messes something up. It doesn't mean that they are bad people or a bad company. It means that they have a flaw that needs to be worked out. Imagine going to game stop on a day a game was released and they told you "we'll be able to sale it some time today but we aren't sure when". Imagine steam saying the same thing. These things don't happen in other places in this same business. GDS makes great games. They have a great repertoire with its fans. They do a great job of patching there games to make them better and they do it at a pretty fast speed. They construct a great community that encourages modders to add content to extend the life of their games. But they do a very bad job of getting their game out there on the day of release. Getting mad at people who have a legitimate complaint doesn't mean they are wrong or shouldn't voice their frustration. It just makes you sound like fan boys that will defend something even when there is a clear issue.

To be fair, Steam do time lock game releases. For people in the UK a lot of games unlock at 5 or 6pm on release day.

Direct from the Journal

"Thursday April 23rd will be the release of the trial / public beta [see the previous entry if you don't know what that involves]

Thursday April 30th will be the release of the full retail version of the game

As usual, we will not be announcing a specific time of day for the release in order to try and ease the burden on the servers. Please note that the release is being handled by Grey Dog Software, who are based in Arizona, so it will all be done in regard to American time zones; therefore just because you may see me online and posting that does not mean the game is imminent, as I'm in the UK and don't have anything to do with the actual release."

I love this day, its like the opening ceremony of the Olympics for me, once every 4 years seemingly, everyone's excited, who's about to be the best in the sport etc.

It's also a chance for me to pop back onto the forum having been away getting a teaching degree amongst other things, it's nice to see people still around.

Good vibes to everyone, let's have a stellar next 12 hours turning into 4 days probably :p.

Buzzing.

I love this day, its like the opening ceremony of the Olympics for me, once every 4 years seemingly, everyone's excited, who's about to be the best in the sport etc.

It's also a chance for me to pop back onto the forum having been away getting a teaching degree amongst other things, it's nice to see people still around.

Good vibes to everyone, let's have a stellar next 12 hours turning into 4 days probably :p.

Buzzing.

I compare this to the Olympics

Congratulations. There's a lot of users who happen to be teachers on the board too (like me!). If you need help, advice, resources, etc. don't be afraid to give a shout out!

Now back the originally scheduled hype train...

Congratulations. There's a lot of users who happen to be teachers on the board too (like me!). If you need help, advice, resources, etc. don't be afraid to give a shout out!

Now back the originally scheduled hype train...

You should schedule classes on how to play the game. :p

I'm in the education world too, yet not nominally a teacher.

I don’t think they’ve been explicitly identified aside from Derek, though.

That makes sense. Do you want to get a truckload of PM's asking for insider info? I sure as hell would not. :p

As for the hype: I retained my patience, luckily, but this is without a doubt the most highly anticipated game for me personally this entire year. Sure, Mount & Blade II has me hyped too, but yet I didn't buy it yet so I guess I'm not that into it now am I. :p

Nah, disagree massively. The fact is, we know when we’re dealing with Grey Dog they don’t make commitments they can’t or won’t meet. We also know this isn’t Sony or EA, who can commit to exact times months in advance. If the game is available for download a minute to midnight Arizona time, GDS have done exactly what they said they would. At no point did anyone commit to the demo being available as soon as the calendar says April 23, and I think everyone knew that wouldn’t be the case.

This really isn’t a big deal, honestly. The game is almost certainly going to satisfy the overwhelming majority of us. The wait, the tension, the wondering, it’s all part of the experience. Enjoy it.

You should schedule classes on how to play the game. :p

I'm in the education world too, yet not nominally a teacher.

That makes sense. Do you want to get a truckload of PM's asking for insider info? I sure as hell would not. :p

I would probably delete it then just be like I can't say