The All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

Jaysin

On 2/8/2023 at 10:14 PM, The Blonde Bomber said:

Am I the only one who thinks it was a missed opportunity to call the them “The Sons of a Gunn”?

Why do that when we can call them the Azz Boyz or whatever (at least that's what they call them on WhatCulture and Cultaholic)...I mean we have to be as edgy as possible.

St.T

- Lethal, Jarrett, Sonjay & Satnam vs Cassidy, Acclaimed & Billy was OK.

- Good promo from Bloody Bryan.

- BCC vs LFI (Tornado Tag) was my MOTN. Claudio vs Rush at the ROH PPV would be nice.

- Hangman sideswiped. Adding depth to the Wardlow/Joe feud.

- Woods vs Briscoe was solid. Random Lucha Bros lol.

- Adam Cole Baybay. Pointless segment unless he's wrestling the PPV.

- MJF's entrance was entertaining. Good promos from MJF and Daniels.

- Jungle Boy vs Cage was solid. Cage deserves to win more often. Christian!

- Hopefully Aussie Open are in one of the Tag Battle Royal matches.

- Kip vs Hangman was solid. Mox has cero miedo. Dark Order finally back on Dynamite. Fired up Uno in the Joker suit.

- Jade already beat Vertvixen 2 months ago. Stupid booking. Just pick a woman and do a title switch.

- Should have moved the Firm segment to Rampage to save time.

- Storm vs Soho vs DMD was solid. The planted fan lol. Happy the women main evented but they got stiffed for time and it looked rushed. Still no Shida...

Below average show but at least they set up some PPV matches.

(I don't know what the thread rules are on discussing CM Punk's All Out 2022 Incident with the Elite here. I will delete if the subject matter is too controversial)

(I know the rules generally pretty well but not for this board. I lost the email to KnowYourEnemy but posted frequently there.  I have read the rules and don't think my discussion would break them) 

Going to post a quick summary from Jim Cornette's video "Jim Cornette on a CM Punk Return" from the latest Jim Cornette's Drive Thru. Drive Thru videos can be easy to miss. 

Some pretty wild claims about CM Punk's backstage issues in AEW are made here. Brian Last is a pretty biased source, so make what you will. 

Note: Jim swears like a sailor, so I can't link the video here. Cornette and Brian get really animated and emotional about the CM Punk situation in this video. 

Brian Last claims to have some interesting revelations about CM Punk in this video. He claims to have information from his AEW locker room source both on Punk's current status and Punk's previous backstage incidents. 

Last has claimed for a while now that he has a locker room source in AEW. He's sometimes credited correct predictions about booking to the source's information. 

At 11:01, Brian Last claims to know "what really happened backstage" after AEW All Out 2022. Cornette makes some comments about how Kenny Omega got involved in the altercation. 

At 12:15, Brian claims Tony Khan failed to settle the issues between The Elite and CM Punk.

At 12:46, Brian Last says that "based on everything he knows" Punk and Khan have had "very limited contact".

At 13:10, Brian Last says Tony Khan knew how CM Punk felt about the Elite. Moreover, Brian claims that Tony Khan probably agreed with CM Punk's opinion of the Elite. Further, Brian implies that many in the locker room and the business also agree with CM Punk.

There's some more speculation on The Elite's future with the company and Tony Khan. Brian doesn't claim any backstage source directly informed his information on any other subject. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

- Top Flight & Fox vs The Elite (c) was good. Basketball spots were fun. House of Black!

- Yuta/Garcia should be fun.

- Garcia vs Starks was good.

- I hope they follow through and revamp Dark Order.

- Jade squash was a waste.

- Dustin vs Swerve was my MOTN. Lee! Nobody gives a damn about Trench lol.

At this time I see Punk returning to the company. I don’t know what he’ll do whether it’d be the Elite or MJF but I definitely see him returning. I also do see the Elite leaving. They’ve never meant less in the last ten years than they do now. They bring down ratings for the show. They have don’t have a lot of leverage at the moment. 

I'm trying to figure out WHO he'll feud with. They seem to be positioning him as a face, and most of the established credible heels are embroiled in other storylines. Maybe Ethan Page, with Page losing to further the split with Matt Hardy, or I'd be down for a Cole/ PAC feud.

I just hope they don't try a "gotcha" and bring him back as a heel instead, because he's already had matches with most of the babyfaces worth feuding with- Jungle Boy, Orange Cassidy, Danielson, Hangman, etc.

2 minutes ago, Matt_Black said:

That may have been the most underwhelming "big announcement" in AEW history. Unless All Access explains why Adam Cole doesn't play up the pirate gimmick more, that's gonna be a hard pass for me.

I feel like Adam Cole's return date was the actual big announcement and the new show thing was tacked on. That's how I'm trying to rationalize it anyway 

13 minutes ago, The Blonde Bomber said:

That announcement was very underwhelming. They’re really adding another hour of AEW TV? Tony is gonna send himself to the loony bin with how much work he puts on his table. 

It's nothing they weren't already filming. It's just a non-Cody version of Rhodes to the Top. 

AEW having a third show on national television seems like a pretty important announcement, which is what was advertised. 

Not that I care very much about the show itself. I'll check out episode one and see how I like it. Either way, it's a fairly big thing as it just shows how strong the relationship between WBD and AEW is. 

On 2/2/2023 at 6:21 PM, The Blonde Bomber said:

Tony should give some else the book for a bit, he's gotta be burnt out considering how much is on his plate. He should do what previous owners have done, have a booker who does a majority of the show and book storylines yourself when you have an idea you think will really draw. Ala, Bill Watts, Eddie Graham, etc.

Then the booker would get the award and not him. Can't have that. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

- Cassidy (c) vs Yuta was my MOTN. Enjoyed Yuta working heel. Shame he didn't win. BCC should turn heel after Revolution. Pet peeve: Champion coming out 1st for a title match.
- The Revolution will be televised. Avalon lol. FITE feed crapped out for a few seconds.
- The Firm vs Acclaimed was solid. Caster rap was spicy.... SAWFT.
- Sneak attack from Jungle Boy on Christian but he lacks the killer instinct.
- Blue vs Saraya was solid. Hayter to the rescue. Women in the 1st hour is rare.
- Danielson/MJF segment was great. More MJF backstory. Fun brawl.
- Tag Team Battle Royale was solid. Had a few fun spots but the ring was mostly too crowded.
- Not the announcement people were expecting. Rampage looks stacked.
- Mox vs Uno was good. Bloody brawl! Just like last week the main event got stiffed for time.

- Aussie Open vs Young Bucks was good.
- Best Friends got wrecked.
- Storm vs Willow was good.
- Acclaimed & Billy got wrecked.
- Welcome back Archer & Jake. Archer would be a fine choice for next All-Atlantic Champ.
- RIHO! Heard great things about Kommander.
- Sammy vs Andretti was good.