The All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

Jaysin

4 minutes ago, Matt_Black said:

I think the attack on Best Friends is a set up for FTR to be surprise entrants in the battle royal tomorrow night. 

Maybe give them back the tag titles off the Gunn Boys. I could see that. Maybe Punk rejoins them and they have the big feud with The Elite. I really want that feud. I’m feeling like they’re heading back to the E though. AEW underutilized them and if they’re gonna be underutilized where ever they go might as well go where they’ll get paid more for their last big run.

It would be wild if FTR, Punk, and The Elite all end up in WWE. As rumors have been circulating WWE are going hard for AEW talent. That’d be insane!!

Edited by The Blonde Bomber

- Cassidy (c) vs Big Bill was good.
- Bloody great Mox promo.
- House of Black attacking the Elite and taking their belts was fun.
- Face of the Revolution ladder match was my MOTN. I would have used Takeshita to transition the TNT title from Joe to Hobbs but it looks like Wardlow will be added so it's not heel vs heel.
- Jericho vs Avalon was OK.
- Hangman sounding desperate. Christian promo went a bit long but ended strong. Jack with the Darby-esque video. Hayter getting more promo time.
- Hardy vs HOOK (c) was solid. Stoke's face lol.
- Storm vs Riho was good. Brawl!
- Tag Team Battle Royale was OK. Danhausen winning a main event TV match was not on my 2023 bingo card.
- MJF/Danielson promo video was hype. Danielson's unstoppable on the mic when he's fired up.

Subbed to ROH for the 1st month but not sure if I'll renew it because it's pricey for 4 shows a month. Maybe in the future they could offer an AEW Plus/ROH bundle on FITE that works out cheaper than separate subs.

1st show was pretty good. With shorter matches and less focus on promos the time flew by like I was watching Dark. ZSJ vs Christian, Takeshita vs Woods and Claudio vs Fox were were my favorite matches.

Edited by milamber

17 hours ago, The Blonde Bomber said:

That looks like way too many matches. I thought that was for two different shows. 

Show one is two hours, going forward it will be roughly one hour. Just a special edition to kick off the show. 

Edited by Dalton

10 minutes ago, CQI13 said:

So WatchROH is $9.99 per month,but the PPVs are separate?

Yes. HonorClub has the archive and the new weekly series. PPVs are still through Bleacher Report in the US, Fite elsewhere. Pay-per-view events will be available for viewing on HonorClub 90 days after they air.

Tony Khan Announces Relaunch of Ring of Honor's HonorClub Platform (rohwrestling.com)

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jaysin said:

Revolution was a good show. Disagree with MJF winning and hated that JAS interfered despite the stipulation, but I'm interested to see where the company goes.

FTR's return was expected, but I have missed them so much 

So long as Jericho did the job, I'm happy with the result.  I'm with you on MJF winning though.

3 hours ago, Matt_Black said:

As long as Starks and Jericho can now move on. Like pretty much every Jericho feud in AEW, this one overstayed it's welcome, though admittedly not as badly as some other Jericho feuds.

Agreed.  At least Ricky Starks went over Jericho, so he came off better then other folks who feuded with Jericho.

3 hours ago, Matt_Black said:

As long as Starks and Jericho can now move on. Like pretty much every Jericho feud in AEW, this one overstayed it's welcome, though admittedly not as badly as some other Jericho feuds.

It's one of the shortest feuds on the PPV lol 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MightyDavidson said:

Agreed.  At least Ricky Starks went over Jericho, so he came off better then other folks who feuded with Jericho.

Like who?

Only one person came out of a Jericho feud looking worse than going in and that's Eddie Kingston, whose momentum stalling was his own fault. He had a horrific performance in the Barbed Wire Everywhere match and then got into a fight backstage. He is the only one who didn't benefit from a Jericho feud.

This whole "Jericho kills momentum" thing is honestly one of the most baffling and blatantly false criticisms I've ever seen in wrestling. I understand it's popular on Twitter/Reddit/Discord but that doesn't make it true. Anyone who thinks every up-and-coming talent on the roster isn't begging for a Jericho feud is kidding themselves. Guaranteed TV time in usually the opening, top of the hour or closing segment. Working with one of the most recognizable names in wrestling and who many consider one of the GOATs. And chances are, you go over in the end. It's a no-brainer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I mean... Eh? Orange Cassidy technically went over Jericho in their feud, and he really didn't do anything of note for a good long while afterward, except lose title matches. Claudio hasn't done a whole lot after beating Jericho either. Admittedly, blame for both of those scenarios lie more at the feet of Tony Khan than Jericho, but....

Just now, Matt_Black said:

I mean... Eh? Orange Cassidy technically went over Jericho in their feud, and he really didn't do anything of note for a good long while afterward, except lose title matches. Claudio hasn't done a whole lot after beating Jericho either. Admittedly, blame for both of those scenarios lie more at the feet of Tony Khan than Jericho, but....

Orange Cassidy, the All Atlantic champion who beat PAC for the belt and has the most non-Jade title defenses in AEW history? Who, after his feud with Jericho, obliterated the HFO and then beat Adam Cole in a Light's Out match? Adam Cole, who has been a front and center poster boy for AEW and has only lost to OC and Hangman?

Claudio, the guy who is positioned as the figurehead of Tony Khan's ROH, who I don't think has taken a pinfall to anyone in AEW other than Jericho via shenanigans?

I think in recent history the only act that has come out of a Jericho feud looking worse was ATT feuding with a face JAS but I don't think that feud went very long and the multi man match had some fun moments.

The Ricky Starks feud was always going to be Jericho putting over his commentary buddy. The direction kind of got lost in the middle and fan opinion turned things sour before things ever really got bad, but Ricky handled Jericho in a way no one else in AEW has. As stupid as the move can look sometimes, the Judas Effect has been super heavily protected and the dude blocked it with a pose - when I saw that I was convinced the whole damn feud was drawn up just for that spot to happen.

• Like 2