What is your favourite US promotion to play as in the Cornellverse?

What is your favourite US promotion to play as in the Cornellverse?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite US promotion to play as in the Cornellverse?

• United States Pro Wrestling (USPW)
    • Supreme Wrestling Federation (SWF)
    • Total Championship Wrestling (TCW)
    • Coastal Zone Championship Wrestling (CZCW)
    • Pittsburgh Steel Wrestling (PSW)
    • Angel Athletic Association (AAA)
    • Queens of American Wrestling (QAW)
    • New York City Wrestling (NYCW)
    • Invincible Pro Wrestling (IPW)
    • Grimm SoCal Wrestling (GSW)
    • Mid Atlantic Wrestling (MAW)
    • Rhode Island Pro Wrestling (RIPW)

Had to pick between CZCW and AAA, but edging towards the latter because it's really just a small-scale SWF while you're somewhat protected from poachers.

And I admit it's because of the hassle of booking SWF. I'm too slow a player and I want the gameworld to evolve. Yes, I know there's the auto-booker, but I didn't fully like how it worked.

The most fun I've ever had was with a TCW run but I adapted the product so it doesn't really count for the poll. And ROF and 5SSW aren't an option, obviously. :p

MAW. I just like the approach they take. Old-school wrestling with no b-------. I enjoy running smaller companies. MAW has been my favorite company since TEW2008 (the first year I started playing with the CVerse, TEW04, 05, 07 I always used mods). Crazy to think its been 12 years with that database...

I'll stick up for the big guy here and go for USPW. I've loved their journey going from a small company that was basically a worse version of early TNA to the juggernaut of the wrestling industry as of 2016. I think they have a consistently fun product in their old-school sports entertainment throwback style, which can pose both a fun challenge as well as an opportunity to tell genuinely engaging storylines. Nicky Champion is one of my favorites for a similar reason. Having watched him grow from a jobber with an awful gimmick and a worse name to the face of the biggest company in the world has been awesome.

CZCW is by far the promotion I've played the most. I like the characters, the style, the ability to do some Trios tournaments. I follow the events in the game doing a ladder match at one PPV, hardcore matches for halloween and war games for Christmas.

I also have a soft spot for Grimm Socal Wrestling. I love the rosters of both them and IPW but for some reason like playing as GSW better. One game as CZCW I actually bought out GSW as they were about to go under and ran them as a separate brand.

• 3 months later...

Grimm SoCal Wrestling

Hear me out...

When I first picked up TEW 2013, I randomly picked a promotion that seemed interesting, not knowing anything about them. I honestly didn’t enjoy playing as them in 2013 a whole lot. However, I started with them again in 2016 just for fun, and I feel like it was with them that I truly learned the game. Now, in 2020, I am 5 months into my save with them and have already increased their popularity by 5 points! Only 3 more until I hit the next company size, something I have admittedly never done in a TEW game, because until this year I was admittedly awful at booking. I’m having fun managing the characters. I can’t think of any other company in the game where the drug culture is so strong, with a large cast of smokers, drinkers, soft drug users, steroid users, and pain killer abusers. I have absolutely no backstage rules set except I have a dirty doctor available so my workers I’m trying to push can get some of them steroids. Despite having a strong drug culture and no backstage rules, the workers all have such good relationships that the backstage eating is still 100, much to my surprise. I can see why the hardcore product wouldn’t appeal to everyone, as it means less sponsorship money and is virtually impossible to get a broadcasting deal with, but darn it I’m having fun! GSW for life!

<p>NYCW is the GOAT promotion. Bring back tradition to the unwashed masses.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Luchador Canadiense" data-cite="Luchador Canadiense" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47260" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>When I do play in the U.S., it's NYC. I feel the least constricted by it's product.<p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> We must go out and convert the non-believers to the NYCW way.</p>