When you book WWE, do you abolish the women's division?

So anytime I play a WWF/E mod. I will completely Thanos snap the woman's division. Usually fire or move them to developmental as well. I just personally never feel good about booking a woman's division. Whenever I play as Stardom I love it because it is it's own company. I always feel like it's that annoying thing I always forget about. Like I'll book a show & then remember near the end, "Oh crud! I completely forgot about the women's division." So i just get rid of it. It's not that I don't see value in them. The women's division in 2019 & 2020 is pretty darn solid in WWE. But I feel it would be better served if I could just book them as a separate brand or even as a separate company. I especially dislike how in the TEW games they are only "Women's division" when you have a company with both genders. I would much rather see the "Main event, upper-midcard, midcard & so on." As maybe a toggle on the top of the bar that says "Male, Female." That would be easier for me to know where they stand on the roster in terms of pop.

Sorry, this is rambling. I'm just saying I can't/ never have been able to wrap my mind around booking two completely separate divisions. I do much better with Japan styled Heavyweights & Juniors because at least they are all together on one screen & I'm able to see where they stand in the higherarchy of the company.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>It sounds like TEW'20 will handle larger modern style womens divisions in a functional way.</p><p> </p><p>

I cant remember the last time I ran a company with a womens division, but I do tend to struggle with more than two divisions. If I have a world title and tag titles, that hardcore title in the midcard is going a fade quickly. If I have a cruiserweight division then the tag suffers, or I ignore the heavyweight title. Two is as much as my brain can handle.</p>

<p>Definitely depends on the era the game is set in. If there isn’t enough quality talent 80’s/90’s then yeah I don’t tend to book one. Madusa was great but lack of competition leds me to often getting rid of it. Around mid 2005’s when they had Trish, Lita, Victoria, Gail is when you can have more interesting matches. </p><p> </p><p>

Today I can’t see a division not being involved</p>

<p>When I play WWE/Impact/ROH, I always have the personal goal of building up the women's division. </p><p> </p><p>

I also always give the women a little boost in stats because usually their stats are very underrated in almost everything. </p><p> </p><p>

It can be tricky but I enjoy the challenge.</p><p> </p><p>

In my WWE 2008, Mickie James is my fourth most over worker, which I am very proud of.</p>

<p>I always have a women's division but I understand your frustration. I never book WWE (because I hate them), but in good companies I like to build up a strong women's division. I then give them their own brand and shows. </p><p> </p><p>

That way I can change the product type to integrated and allow women to have proper pushes without getting my roster genders all mixed up.</p>

I'm super bad at booking a real division. For example, I've had a division from 87-2006 but I never really book it. I book one TV match per show, the rest of them are in dark matches usually in three vs. three.

They typically open any pay per view as well.

I just don't get invested in it. I have it because I want to and I always plan on having bigger plans for it but they just don't happen.

It is hard. But the talent is there for sure.

Women’s Division is probably my favorite to book because of how flexible and low maintenance it is, I sometimes wish the whole game was the way the Women’s Division works.

The only time I don’t make a women’s division is

1: 80s Real Life Mods, as the division is absolute garbage for almost a decade+ , and I can just give that time to Mexican luchador imports from CMLL instead.

2: CVerse as a British Isles company. Women’s wrestling is near non existent in British Isles and I don’t care to make a division entirely filled with imports. Somewhat subverted in longer games when the game starts making a good number of women’s wrestlers globally.

Other than that, I book a woman’s division in nearly every company I’ve ever run including companies like PSW which start with no women’s division yet require a certain number of women to appear on the shows and my custom companies in the historical Cverse as well as the modern one.

Definitely depends on the era the game is set in. If there isn’t enough quality talent 80’s/90’s then yeah I don’t tend to book one. Madusa was great but lack of competition leds me to often getting rid of it. Around mid 2005’s when they had Trish, Lita, Victoria, Gail is when you can have more interesting matches.

Today I can’t see a division not being involved

Same with me. If it is the 80's mod I nuke the WWF's Women's Division. There simply is not enough talent back then to merit having it.

No, I'm not a pig. I keep the women, and book them as strong as the men.

How is not wanting a Women's Divison make someone a pig?

No, I'm not a pig. I keep the women, and book them as strong as the men.

Have you actually read the OP? Or did you get triggered somewhere along the way? XD

Not a big division fan here, even if its completely separate like the women. I'd much rather do brand splits. Having a division invites having occasional matches and putting less effort in it. Just like real life: look at 205...

My women's division usually consists of 4-10 people with one singles title, depending on the size of the promotion. I've always used it as a secondary act and a way to calm the crowd down in between the excitement. Although, I have had the occasional stellar match and I have had women get massively over at the same time. When that happens, it's hard to ignore and I end up doing more with them.

I've always used it as a secondary act

That's completely normal and kind of the problem with "divisions". Everyone knows it's mainly a mathematical term that is theoretically always smaller than the original. Usually there is no problem because the rest of the entity is divided as well, but in pro wrestling that's just not the case. It is divided from the rest, making it an inferior entity. Even if it was a division of "superworkers" like McFly, Cornell, etc. it wouldn't logically make sense to let them main event as the title involved should scale with the number of members.

Also the reasons why they should advocate changing the term "women's division" as I feel we've moved way past that. They are really integrated in the roster now (not in TEW terms as that presumes intergender matches), though arguably still a division which has just grown more.

The real reason Women are nearly useless in TEW is their push as Women’s Division workers means they don’t count towards National Battles even if they are the most popular star in the world.

They also cannot be made Figurehead without an Integrated roster.

If you were thinking about making them figurehead, you should at least consider having an "integrated roster", because it would be really weird (imo borderline insane) not to have your "figurehead" tangle with the main eventers. Arguably you can say Tessa Blanchard could potentially fit the position, but if you're not running integrated at that point, you're not really paying attention to the product. :p The only other option I see is running a promotion with mainly female workers and a male division. In that case, just take the added annoyance that you have to sort between gender when booking (or use the "tags"?).

The real annoyance when using "integrated", and one of my biggest in TEW, is that - if your women's division is crap, you're left with E-rated matches because you're using 2 openers and get the 'mainstream' penalty, though they were my top female workers. :rolleyes:

My women's division usually consists of 4-10 people with one singles title, depending on the size of the promotion. I've always used it as a secondary act and a way to calm the crowd down in between the excitement. Although, I have had the occasional stellar match and I have had women get massively over at the same time. When that happens, it's hard to ignore and I end up doing more with them.

Same here, this is exactly it for me. Not much more complex, but this isn't as simple as it sounds either. I've expanded to like 18 as well from time to time. :D

Haha so I get called a pig because I am not good at booking the women's division. Thanks for that dude.

I forgot about the integrating option. That would make it much easier to book the women. I may do that, or just wait until 2020 comes out. I think 2020 has a way to resolve that.

At least I assume it does.

The real issue is I have the same problem as one of the people that posted in this thread. I can't ever seem to come up with anything interesting, storyline wise. I don't want to book smutty stuff. All I can come up with is generic title shots or people just fighting because they don't like each other. It's like I have a creative wall. With Stardom it's easy because Stardom does such a great job with stable warefare. I do love me some stable warefare!

In historic mods, I always scrap it on the main roster and sign up female talent for a women’s only development territory. Depending on the time period, sometimes that results in a relaunched division, sometimes it doesn’t. Modern day, I book with an integrated roster so I have the pushes but still largely keep the genders separated in singles competition (notable exception is Charlotte Flair winning the United States title).

My current game is a 2005 mod that I’ve played through to 2006. My onscreen women’s division has been Trish, Lita, Molly, Victoria and two signings (Amazing Kong and Cheerleader Melissa) for the last six months or so. I have a lot of talent in development though and debuted Beth Phoenix a couple of months ago as an enforcer for my heel cruiserweight champion Nicho El Millonario (who is playing a masked androgynous character Dionysus). She will turn face shortly after the Rumble and face Kharma (Kong) at Wrestlemania to transition to the Women’s Division on Raw. I have also just debuted Melina with Morrison/Miz as their manager, and have a few PPA women’s wrestlers on my third brand due to company buyouts so she usually wrestles dark matches and then has angles with her team. When she’s over enough, she’ll join the Women’s Division too. Chyna is in rehab and whenever she finishes, I’ll make her clean in the editor so she can rejoin the roster. Mickie James, Michelle McCool, Gail Kim, Natalya, Daffney, Sara Del Ray, LuFisto, Katie Lea (Nikita), Talia Madison, Asuka, Becky Lynch and Traci Brooks will probably get called up within the next two years as well so the plan is to have a strong integrated division eventually.

Becky Lynch is the only one who feels unrealistically young to join the roster. Generally my cut off is over 25 and almost fully trained in development, which will be the case for the rest. Becky is 18 at the start of 2006 but in real life she retired that September and when she came back 6/7 years later, was almost immediately signed by WWE so I don’t think having her debut on my third brand at 20 would be completely unrealistic in terms of in ring experience. Maybe I’ll release her to work the indies for a couple of years.

I should end up with about 10 each on Raw and Smackdown by 2008, plus the more diva types like Ashley Massaro and Maria Kanellis, who I also have under contract.