Tag Teams / Stables / Naming Thread Suggestions

Trying to create all out stable warfare in a game as WCW (in the cornellverse).

So far I have:

"The Era" -

Jay Chord (leader), Ernest Youngman (Deputy), Marvel Malloy, Storm Spillane, Sasquatch McGraw (Muscle)

The group that started it all. The big heels. Chord surrounded himself with allies to allow himself to dominate WCW for its first year of existence. After seeing how its going, other groups are now starting to slowly form and I'm going to try and maintain a NJPW-like focus on stables with general alliances with a few tighter knit groups. That said I need help with some names.

"The Good Guys" -

This group is basically going to be Chaos. The general alliance of the good guys. It needs a better name, but also has to be generic enough to allow people (and leaders) to come and go. The founding group is going to be Sammy Bach, Joffy Laine, Big Papa Swoll, & Fro Sure. Swoll & Fro team up as "Street Kings" and along with Joffy Laine have been three guys I pushed to the moon and are all very over.

"The Good Wrestlers" -

This is just a three man group for now. Matthew Keith, Jayson Van Pelt & Kamikaze (as Christian Vars). They're faces. I signed Keith and gave him an Arch Competitor gimmick where he basically just wants to be the best, wrestle the best, and prove hes he best. He recently took JVP & Kamikaze (as The Air Devils) under his wing as proteges and training partners. This group will always be focused on wrestlers more driven by in-ring skill then entertainment.

"The Wannabe Era" -

Nelson Callum, Quentin Queen, Wolfie Tagg, & Kalder Tagg. The "2nd" heel group as it were. The Hot Taggs were the last gift of Savage Fury, who got them over on their way out of WCW (SF also got the street kings over). Callum was offered to join the Era several times but sees himself as a leader so has formed his own group trying to mirror The Era, which will eventually possibly lead to a heel vs heel showdown.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="James The Animator" data-cite="James The Animator" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47434" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The Good Guys: I believe Southside__hitmen already made a logo for Adrenaline Orchestra. That was the name for a stable led by Sammy Bach in a popular TCW dynasty from 2016. So I think that’s an easy fix.<p> </p><p> The Good Wrestlers: I struggle to come up with names for “workrate boy” alliances. This isn’t my suggestion, but given Matthew Keith is nicknamed “The Octopus”, I would be amused if Jay Chord or another stuck-up heel took to calling the Air Devils “Keith’s flying squids.” My suggestion for a name is “Power & Poise.” I know it sounds strange, but Keith is a Light Heavyweight, so I imagine his power moves are decent. Meanwhile, all three men bring the poise in the ring, so there you go.</p><p> </p><p> The Wannabe Era: You should pick a name that’s centered on Callum, given his egotism is the reason Callum’s not in The Era and this faction exists. Something simple like The Callum Dynasty or The Callum Legacy could work.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I like just "Adrenaline" for the good guy group! Thanks for the suggestion.</p><p> </p><p> I also think The Callum Dynasty is a nice fit. You really hit the nail on the head on that one. </p><p> </p><p> Still not sure on Keiths group. I hadnt thought of Chord saying that line exactly, but it does fit perfectly! haha. Power & Poise is still maybe a good start.</p><p> </p><p> Thanks for the suggestions!</p>

Any ideas for Garry the Entertainer and California Love Machine?

Blind Date?

Love Connection?

Too Hot To Handle?

or any other TV dating gameshow name you think is appropriate (for a love and entertainment crossover).

You may not want to use Naked Attraction though....... :eek:

Here's a link to a page of Dating Gameshows if you want to check out some more names: http://www.ukgameshows.com/ukgs/Category:Dating

Not a Tag or stable, but another naming question.

I'm heading into my finale, Survival of the Sickest, which features the finals of a 16 man Tournament to crown the next no.1 Contender (I'd do more rounds, but think the game will penalize too much given all the angry people that won't be on the show if I have too many 1v1 - my roster is >150).

The question is what to call the tourney (which I intend to expand massively and internationally in the years to come)

In my old TEW 2016 game, I had Sam Keith and in his honor named it the Keith Classic. I don't have him in the current game, but do have Matt Keith and intend to sign Greg, so this could sort of work

I could just name it for the PPV similar to KotR

Ray Kingman just died and my main belt is still the old APWF belt, of which he was a former holder, so it could be the Kingman Classic, maybe even calling the winner the KotR given his name

open to other ideas.

I need a name for Kevin Nash.

He is going to debut in the WWF and I don't want to use the name Diesel (that was his WCW name).

I plan on his gimmick be similar to Kevin Nash NWO or Diesel persona.

Just don't want to use the name.

BDC - Big Daddy Cool

Big Daddy Nash

Big Daddy Scott/Kev

Vegas Nash

Kevin Nash (I mean...if he was 'Diesel' in your WCW, his real name works in WWE)

Scotty Vegas

Scott Vegas

Vin(nie) Diesel (JK)

Vinnie Diesel for the win

I settled for "Big Daddy Brody" a member of the famous Brody "family". There are several wrestlers in my game with Brody

-Big Daddy Brody (Kevin Nash)

-Bruiser Brody (Real Bruiser Brody)

-King Kong Brody (King Kong Bundy)

-Brody of Apocalypse (Wrath)

- Brody Redwood (Computer Generated)

I will eventually have Big Daddy Brody change his name to Brody.

I need a name for Kevin Nash.

He is going to debut in the WWF and I don't want to use the name Diesel (that was his WCW name).

I plan on his gimmick be similar to Kevin Nash NWO or Diesel persona.

Just don't want to use the name.

What about Nightlife Nash, Nightmare Nash, Big Time Nash or you could just call him Vinnie Vegas like when he was in WCW.

Playing SWF in 2020. I just signed away from BHOTWG NEO Prime members Koshiro Ino and Matthew Keith, also Gargantuan, all within a couple weeks of each other.

What I want to do is group them together in like a *wink wink* continuation of NEO Prime, a la "The Club" AJ Styles/The Good Brothers when they signed with WWE. What I'm look for is a name that conveys this without naming it something that would get the SWF sued in real life. A good ripoff if you may. Open to anything but a few I got are:

Future Prime

The Prime Faction

As you can see, I'm stumped.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="tywood2022" data-cite="tywood2022" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47434" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Playing SWF in 2020. I just signed away from BHOTWG NEO Prime members Koshiro Ino and Matthew Keith, also Gargantuan, all within a couple weeks of each other. <p> </p><p> What I want to do is group them together in like a *wink wink* continuation of NEO Prime, a la "The Club" AJ Styles/The Good Brothers when they signed with WWE. What I'm look for is a name that conveys this without naming it something that would get the SWF sued in real life. A good ripoff if you may. Open to anything but a few I got are:</p><p> </p><p> Future Prime</p><p> The Prime Faction</p><p> </p><p> As you can see, I'm stumped.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Some thoughts that jump in my head:</p><p> </p><p> BLEEDING EDGE</p><p> </p><p> Like the newest, most advanced of new technology. So new, so prime on your mind, that you should want it NOW to be as ahead of the curve as possible. Would capture the spirit of the existing faction but it would take thought to tie to into the old group and therefore not be actionable.</p><p> </p><p> THE PRIME DIRECTIVE</p><p> </p><p> Yes. As in Star Trek. You have the Prime part as Style and Co had the Club part but it's a phrase whose most natural connection is outside the wrestling world. That way those in the know would make the connection but the casual would just sluff it off.</p><p> </p><p> PRIME TIME PLAYERS</p><p> </p><p> Again the Prime/Club style reference whose most obvious connection would be outside of wrestling. Most people's thoughts would go that Deion Sanders style arrogance long before it got a Japanese wrestling stable they might not know of or have ever seen depending on which side of the country they live on. The hardcore wrestling nerd might notice the subtle nod to NEO Prime but to the average fan it would be a new thing entirely</p>

Some thoughts that jump in my head:

BLEEDING EDGE

Like the newest, most advanced of new technology. So new, so prime on your mind, that you should want it NOW to be as ahead of the curve as possible. Would capture the spirit of the existing faction but it would take thought to tie to into the old group and therefore not be actionable.

THE PRIME DIRECTIVE

Yes. As in Star Trek. You have the Prime part as Style and Co had the Club part but it's a phrase whose most natural connection is outside the wrestling world. That way those in the know would make the connection but the casual would just sluff it off.

PRIME TIME PLAYERS

Again the Prime/Club style reference whose most obvious connection would be outside of wrestling. Most people's thoughts would go that Deion Sanders style arrogance long before it got a Japanese wrestling stable they might not know of or have ever seen depending on which side of the country they live on. The hardcore wrestling nerd might notice the subtle nod to NEO Prime but to the average fan it would be a new thing entirely

Oh man, these are all so good. All three would work, but I think I'm leaning towards The Prime Directive as it fits their more serious tone best. I'm picturing a hard-hitting foreign stable coming to make an impact and take over, launching Matthew Keith to the top in the process. I think this name emphasizes that they're on a mission.

Thanks so much! You got me brainstorming who I could group together to form a group called Bleeding Edge now.