Thunderverse Discussion Thread

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I know a lot of the wrestlers in Thunderverse are based off real wrestlers so I’m curious is there a Austin Theory type superstar currently in the game?

Austin Theory began making a name for himself around '16/'17 so the odds are extremely low. I'd say the same for Darby Allin but there were random guys who could probably pass as him if you were being generous. But yeah, a lot of the guys who began blowing up around 2016/18 because of the Indy All-Star boom & WWE snapping up everyone & AEW eventually forming probably dont have comparable guys in the TVerse (yet?). Im talking the David Starr, Keith Lee, Allin, Theory, Riddle, Cassidy, Janela, etc.

So I know a lot of the wrestlers in Thunderverse are based off real wrestlers so I’m curious is there a Austin Theory type superstar currently in the game?

We've made an effort to try and reduce some of those less subtle comparisons this time around (there was a discussion about this a few pages back) so you won't find a one-to-one comparison. That said there will always be workers that you'll see similarities in, or who you could conceivably use in a role similar to someone in real life.

Jon is correct in that the vast majority of the workers that he listed wouldn't have had any real name value back when the last mod was worked on (this version was started two years ago, so it's not a short process).

In the case of Austin Theory in particular, I personally don't know anything about him so I couldn't offer a similar character you could run with unfortunately. But rest assured, the new mod will feature a number of new talents (both rookies and indy wrestlers who are coming onto the national scene) and some of those will likely fit the bill.

Austin Theory began making a name for himself around '16/'17 so the odds are extremely low. I'd say the same for Darby Allin but there were random guys who could probably pass as him if you were being generous. But yeah, a lot of the guys who began blowing up around 2016/18 because of the Indy All-Star boom & WWE snapping up everyone & AEW eventually forming probably dont have comparable guys in the TVerse (yet?). Im talking the David Starr, Keith Lee, Allin, Theory, Riddle, Cassidy, Janela, etc.

We've made an effort to try and reduce some of those less subtle comparisons this time around (there was a discussion about this a few pages back) so you won't find a one-to-one comparison. That said there will always be workers that you'll see similarities in, or who you could conceivably use in a role similar to someone in real life.

Jon is correct in that the vast majority of the workers that he listed wouldn't have had any real name value back when the last mod was worked on (this version was started two years ago, so it's not a short process).

In the case of Austin Theory in particular, I personally don't know anything about him so I couldn't offer a similar character you could run with unfortunately. But rest assured, the new mod will feature a number of new talents (both rookies and indy wrestlers who are coming onto the national scene) and some of those will likely fit the bill.

To expand on this a little bit as well from the Diamond development period. I was consuming a lot of wrestling at the time and so was other members of the team so people who weren't quite blowing up were still in mind at times (I know there is/was a worker whose look was inspired by one of Private Party for example from james0' own time viewing them for example plus me cramming as many BritWres-esque nods in).

jhd is bang on tho, we're doing what we can where we can to make guys less 1:1 and a bit more organic. Sometimes it's not going to be doable (Terry Thunder is forever Terry Thunder etc) but a lot of the new characters and revamped characters are real fun. And there is always Dustin LeFever....;)

To expand on this a little bit as well from the Diamond development period. I was consuming a lot of wrestling at the time and so was other members of the team so people who weren't quite blowing up were still in mind at times (I know there is/was a worker whose look was inspired by one of Private Party for example from james0' own time viewing them for example plus me cramming as many BritWres-esque nods in).

Yes, I was going to add "...but MHero had probably still heard of them" and thought better of letting the world know your amazingly varied indy wrestling knowledge lest they steal you for other mods :D

It's actually conversations with MHero that have broadened by own wrestling horizons, and since the last time I worked on the mod in any major capacity I've become much more familiar with indy wrestling in the US, Canada and Britain and Japanese wrestling than I was before (I've always been a lucha fan as I think most people have guessed by this stage!). I think we always balanced those areas pretty well in the past, but there's even more confidence across the team now that we are able to create "realistic" scenarios for some of the outlying promotions and the ones we've finished off for TEW2020 certainly seem to be playing pretty well from our initial testing.

I was consuming a lot of wrestling at the time and so was other members of the team so people who weren't quite blowing up were still in mind at times (I know there is/was a worker whose look was inspired by one of Private Party for example from james0' own time viewing them for example plus me cramming as many BritWres-esque nods in.)

K-Z to be specific. He ends up being super talented I might add :p

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jon The GOAT" data-cite="Jon The GOAT" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47493" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So we're gonna see some Dijak, Lee, Brian Cage style flying big men in TVerse 2020, right??</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You've not lived until you've seen a 630 splash from LeRoy Dalton.</p>

I've been kind of out of the loop the last few weeks. Has there been an official announcement regarding the Tverse/when it might be coming out?

Yup, jhd confirmed the 2020 mod a few pages back. Right now there is no ETA on when we're releasing it, we're taking our time to make sure that what does release is the best possible version that ypu all get. :)

Yup, jhd confirmed the 2020 mod a few pages back. Right now there is no ETA on when we're releasing it, we're taking our time to make sure that what does release is the best possible version that ypu all get. :)

"When will Then be Now?"

"SOON."

Seriously, whenever you guys get done, I'm very much looking forward to the results.

How soon is now? :p

All Smiths references aside, we are making good progress with the mod even with us taking our time. Just in the trenches of bio writing and fiddling with stats, the world outline is pretty much about 90% in place (always subject to last minute changes tho!).

How soon is now? :p

All Smiths references aside, we are making good progress with the mod even with us taking our time. Just in the trenches of bio writing and fiddling with stats, the world outline is pretty much about 90% in place (always subject to last minute changes tho!).

Wait is murder.

I've always been interested in the Thunderverse. However, with a game as slow as TEW it's not really practically for me to have more then two games running at a time. So play a with the default database and a real world mod. In the last TEW game I tried to merge all the Thunderverse characters with the default database but the game would crash after a couple months of play. This was right when the thunderverse had launched so I don't know if there was a bug that was fixed later or something else. Hopefully this year there won't be any problem. I always feel the bigger the world the better.

I'm sad.

Why ? Because I own the game but I can't play it for long because I definitely can't get into the C-Verse.

The Thunderverse and its characters really helps unimaginative people like myself enjoy the game.

Outside of my dynasty, I'm playing with BCG in the meantime while we wait for the TVerse. It's basically a trial run to learn the new features and scheduling for puroresu before I inevitably play with UPJ for another 6+ years

Just FYI jhd1/Mhero I’m off work next week if you need testers *whistles innocently*

We're some ways away from that, sorry to disappoint. :p

I'm sad.

Why ? Because I own the game but I can't play it for long because I definitely can't get into the C-Verse.

The Thunderverse and its characters really helps unimaginative people like myself enjoy the game.

<3

Outside of my dynasty, I'm playing with BCG in the meantime while we wait for the TVerse. It's basically a trial run to learn the new features and scheduling for puroresu before I inevitably play with UPJ for another 6+ years

BCG are cool and all but pls help my son WLW get back for being FRAMED by EXODUS.