Thunderverse Discussion Thread

<p>I pulled up a watcher game and simmed three years ahead to see what was going on. Nothing game-breaking, I don't think. Every promotion has survived. CWT and ECXW are on some really shaky financial ground but hanging in there. Looks like the big companies' talent raids, especially those early on, don't wipe out anyone. </p><p> </p><p>

PWI is well ahead of everybody else. HCG is closing in on AWF for No. 2. UPJ and DIASPORA haven't had any popularity growth in a year, but HONOUR is steadily growing. Not sure what that's about, I haven't played 2020 a ton yet.</p><p> </p><p>

One thing I have noticed is that the tournament titles in this database need to be set to specific events, otherwise they don't happen.</p>

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I pulled up a watcher game and simmed three years ahead to see what was going on. Nothing game-breaking, I don't think. Every promotion has survived. CWT and ECXW are on some really shaky financial ground but hanging in there. Looks like the big companies' talent raids, especially those early on, don't wipe out anyone.

PWI is well ahead of everybody else. HCG is closing in on AWF for No. 2. UPJ and DIASPORA haven't had any popularity growth in a year, but HONOUR is steadily growing. Not sure what that's about, I haven't played 2020 a ton yet.

One thing I have noticed is that the tournament titles in this database need to be set to specific events, otherwise they don't happen.

It made me realise that it'd be nice if the Japanese companies could start with fleshed out schedules. As if not, when you bulk clear the schedule the game creates for say UPJ, it also deletes their cannon events - which is a massive pain.

My biggest struggle right now is deciding who to play as for my first Thunderverse Diamond 2020 game. Do I go with my usual AWF? Or maybe give HCG a go.

Depends on where Seven Brandt is :D

I think my first game is going to be with a smaller company i.e. GWS or maybe a new company, just to get a feel for the universe. Then I'll definitely be heading to Japan to spend the next year of my IRL life tediously booking tour shows ;) UPJ is my choice unless another company grabs my attention, unlikely as that is.

Unrelated note, I wonder Magnus Stonebreaker will be.

Just an update on the convertion whilst I remember. I have the version with non Confederate logos and alts bundled up but I am poking at it a little with schedules to see if I can loosely get something working there (if nothing else, it'll act as a good testing tool for setting up 2020!). This is why I've not done the upload just yet. :)

will definitely jump right into UPJ when the new one comes out, playing with them right now just makes me want to go back to my 16 save

I’ve been going back and forth between committing to GWS or DRAGON for this converted Diamond database

or I might make my “CWT as NWA Powerrr” dream come true

I am doing a run as AJJ to play some tverse in its current form and I will likely do so whenever a new mod drops. I want to see how goes the war between Lotus and Yamanoue-gun, if Twilight are still involved (and who has replaced them if not) and what those crazy Jorui-juku girls are up to.

Hi all

Since this is serving as a quasi-mod hype thread I thought it best to put a post up in here. I'm incredibly disheartened and, quite frankly, disgusted by professional wrestling in all forms right now so I'm taking a step back from all things TEW/Thunderverse. I know jhd has posted in the RWC thread that he is taking a step back for a bit too.

When we're back at it, we'll keep you all posted but I figured in the interest of transparency (my least favourite word, MHero fact of the day there for you all) that an update would be best.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MHero" data-cite="MHero" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47493" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hi all<p> </p><p> Since this is serving as a quasi-mod hype thread I thought it best to put a post up in here. I'm incredibly disheartened and, quite frankly, disgusted by professional wrestling in all forms right now so I'm taking a step back from all things TEW/Thunderverse. I know jhd has posted in the RWC thread that he is taking a step back for a bit too.</p><p> </p><p> When we're back at it, we'll keep you all posted but I figured in the interest of transparency (my least favourite word, MHero fact of the day there for you all) that an update would be best.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I get you. Doing the same with my diary at the moment.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MHero" data-cite="MHero" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47493" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hi all<p> </p><p> Since this is serving as a quasi-mod hype thread I thought it best to put a post up in here. I'm incredibly disheartened and, quite frankly, disgusted by professional wrestling in all forms right now so I'm taking a step back from all things TEW/Thunderverse. I know jhd has posted in the RWC thread that he is taking a step back for a bit too.</p><p> </p><p> When we're back at it, we'll keep you all posted but I figured in the interest of transparency (my least favourite word, MHero fact of the day there for you all) that an update would be best.</p></div></blockquote><p> Makes sense. Thanks for letting us know.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MHero" data-cite="MHero" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47493" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hi all<p> </p><p> Since this is serving as a quasi-mod hype thread I thought it best to put a post up in here. I'm incredibly disheartened and, quite frankly, disgusted by professional wrestling in all forms right now so I'm taking a step back from all things TEW/Thunderverse. I know jhd has posted in the RWC thread that he is taking a step back for a bit too.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That’s a shame but completely understandable. British wrestling in particular has come out of the last week or so looking pretty rotten. Hopefully when you guys get the itch again the Thunderverse can at least do what the real world tends not to, and punish it’s worst offenders.</p>

Hi all

Since this is serving as a quasi-mod hype thread I thought it best to put a post up in here. I'm incredibly disheartened and, quite frankly, disgusted by professional wrestling in all forms right now so I'm taking a step back from all things TEW/Thunderverse. I know jhd has posted in the RWC thread that he is taking a step back for a bit too.

When we're back at it, we'll keep you all posted but I figured in the interest of transparency (my least favourite word, MHero fact of the day there for you all) that an update would be best.

Disappointing but entirely understandable. Hope you guys come back soon, optimistic, energized, and ready to go!

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MHero" data-cite="MHero" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47493" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hi all<p> </p><p> Since this is serving as a quasi-mod hype thread I thought it best to put a post up in here. I'm incredibly disheartened and, quite frankly, disgusted by professional wrestling in all forms right now so I'm taking a step back from all things TEW/Thunderverse. I know jhd has posted in the RWC thread that he is taking a step back for a bit too.</p><p> </p><p> When we're back at it, we'll keep you all posted but I figured in the interest of transparency (my least favourite word, MHero fact of the day there for you all) that an update would be best.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's completely understandable... though on the other hand I was just thinking "hopefully the new T-Verse will come out soon" because I can't just play real world mods right now... it makes me uncomfortable. But wishes aside I understand how hard all of this can be and that you guys want to take time off. </p><p> Hopefully in some time we'll all recover the love we had for wrestling...</p><p> Thanks for letting us know <3</p>

Hi all

That's a shame, but totally understandable. I hope wrestling can finally purge itself of its scum so something like this never happens again.