What's Going on in Your Game?

I've just finished up year three with my custom Australian promotion in the base CornellVerse, uncreatively named World Championship Wrestling. Having been pulled back into watching wrestling consistently for the first time in 15 years thanks to AEW, I've run a very similar product and style. The premise to my save was that the same film crew who made their successful documentary about DIW worked on a second project in 2018 with the independent scene as a focus, and the stand out was Paul Green, the original Lone Rider. The documentary turning into one with the Lone Rider and his son as the focal points, Paul Green would put his boots back on and wrestle his son at the aptly named show "One Last Ride" in December 2018, catching the wrestling bug once again. Paul Green's younger son, John Green, saw an opportunity and put the capital together for a second "One Last Ride" in 2019, an event that very closely mirrored the first All In. With partnerships with BCG (In my headcanon, Maeda spent time very early in his career on excursion to Australia and formed a relationship with the Original Lone Rider) as well as APW, One Last Ride 2019 was a massive success, leading to the creation of WCW and many of the talents on the show being signed.

WCW started with a TV deal running bi-weekly events and only three championships - the World title, the Women's World title, and the World Tag titles. After getting on TV full time with WCW Adrenaline in September 2021, WCW has grown exponentially, adding titles, shows, and major PPVs. In 2023, WCW is the biggest company in Oceania, and has been growing steadily in Japan and India. WCW is based in Australia, so a lot of the roster is from there, but I've worked hard to make WCW feel like an international company, with wrestlers from around the globe vying to compete there.

I could write about this game forever, so I'll force myself to keep things brief and focus on the biggest storylines or events leading up to the last couple of months, and where I see things going in early 2023 at least. The next big event and the first PPV of 2023 is the Wrestling World Cup, and I'll cap of this post going through the field of competitors looking to be the third wrestler to hoist that prestigious trophy.

Cameron Saint vs Razan Okamoto - Cameron Saint (the artist formally known as Monday Next) and Razan Okamoto first met in the ring at One Last Ride 2019, the two men having excellent chemistry and wrestling to a 30 minute draw. Both men being babyfaces, their friendly rivalry would be one of the focal points of WCW through the past three years. When Okamoto would leave WCW after my first season finale, Glory Days in April 2020 after failing to become the first World champion against Echo, Saint found himself in charge of Takenori Doi, a BCG Young Lion on excursion who would proudly wave the banner for Okamoto-gun. Saint would be reluctant at first, but find himself relying on Doi as well as his long time friend Black Flash against the heels of WCW, most notably The Golden Army, headed by the dominant Toshiharu Hyobanshi. Saint would beat Echo for the World title as Okamoto made his return and took down the previously unstoppable Hyobanshi. Saint and Okamoto would meet at One Last Ride 2020 in a rematch that ended in another draw for the World title in Saint's first defense, this time a 60 minute draw. Saint would retain against Razan in 2021, beating him (by pinning Echo) in a triple threat also involving the former champion before losing at Road To Glory the month before the biggest show of the year. Razan would go on a losing streak, dropping matches to Lone Rider and the debuting Masa Kurata and finding himself in a slump, leading Okamoto-gun (himself, Doi, Saint, and Black Flash) but with only a tenuous grip on the stable named after himself. Okamoto would be beaten by Hyobanshi and fail to qualify for the World Cup, but Razan would start 2022 hot, going on a winning streak and winning the Road To Glory gauntlet match to earn a shot at the World Championship at Glory Days 3... against Cameron Saint. Saint lost the title for a spell to Lone Rider in between, but the two-time world champ and self proclaimed "Ace" of WCW went into their Glory Days rematch overconfident... and was outclassed by Razan Okamoto, losing the title. Cameron Saint's biggest weakness is that when he faces adversity, he loses confidence in himself and tends to run away from his failures. A bitter Saint would lead to the break up of Okamoto-gun, their rivalry getting more and more personal, before the two men would meet for one last time in a 60 minute Ironman match in June, with Okamoto successfully defending his title and shaking hands with his rival. Okamoto would bring WCW to a new level, holding the title through the entirely of 2022 before dropping it to Charon (a masked Skyscraper) at One Last Ride in December.

The Affliction and The Lost Souls - The main event of One Last Ride 2019 was a special match - Paul Green teaming with his son Lone Rider to take on, for one night only, the Captains of Wrestling - the original Captain Wrestling Jon Harrow and his hand-picked protege Captain Wrestling II. The Captains would win the match, but the Lone Riders would be jumped by The Affliction, Anguish and Misery, being lead by Molokai, the former Molokai Milk, sporting a cultish, gothic look. The Affliction would add the young daredevil Vortex and would reign terror in the early month of WCW, with The Affliction penned to win the tournament to crown the first World Tag Team champions... until Anguish was poached by RAW. Pivoting, Anguish did the job to the young El Desperado [a masked Felipe Caballero], the first step in catapulting that young man to stardom, and Australian Alpha [fka The A-Listers, Gregory Grace and Vincent Victory] would become the first champs instead of Misery and Molokai. The Affliction would feud with Desperado through the year but the faction lost all of it's gas, Misery being released for attitude and performance issues without his partner in 2021. Desperado would beat Molokai, who would doggedly try and recruit Desperado, in their block match in the Wrestling World Cup, and Molokai would send Vortex to recruit while he was dealing with his crisis of character. Molokai would eventually revert back to the friendly lovable Molokai Milk... just as Vortex returns with the hulking Underworld and Maniac Monster. A devastated Vortex would proclaim themselves "The Lost Souls" (a group I've used in many forms since TEW 2010 and always involving Vortex), and the heels would feud with Molokai Milk and his sidekicks, The Blue Cannons (Bounce and Flip Buchanan under unremarkable masks). The Lost Souls would lose and be relegated to the undercard, until Vortex would begin preaching that "HE" was coming, that "HE" was here to shepherd the Lost Souls. "HE" ends up being the massive masked man formerly known as Skyscraper - Charon debuted at the end of a brutal cage match between Rob Edwards and Echo at Glory Day 3, destroying both men. Charon would run roughshod over the WCW roster. He squashed Molokai Milk. He was unfazed by the violent striking of Rob Edwards. Captain Wrestling would make his massive debut in WCW with the goal of stopping Charon, and even he fell to the monster. Lone Rider would lose an Outback Death Match by having the steel steps piled on top of him as Charon sat on his makeshift "throne" for the ten count. With Vortex screeching at his side and the soulless Underworld and Maniac Monster serving as massive lackeys, Charon would step up his competition, beating Cameron Saint in a close match before setting his sights on the World champ, Razan Okamoto. The Lost Souls would make a visit to Japan to beat up Okamoto's trainees at his dojo and burn the building to the ground. The undefeated Charon would take the World title from Okamoto at One Last Ride 2022, closing out the year as champion.

El Desperado - When the WCW World Heavyweight Championship was announced, there would be four competitors representing four countries fighting to be the first to hold the big gold - Cameron Saint representing New Zealand (not his country of birth, but he's based out of there and in my canon he's lived there the majority of his life), Dingo Devine representing Australia, Razan Okamoto representing Japan, and the unknown El Desperado representing Mexico. Managed by Armando Guerrero, "El Desperado" would sign the contract for his match with Cameron Saint, revealing himself to be Echo - having jumped the actual El Desperado and stole his mask, the former RAW star made his debut in shocking fashion. El Desperado (the masked Felipe Caballero) would put his match on the line against Echo in his debut, a street fight, and lose. From being 2 matches from the World title to being at the bottom, Desperado would grow alongside the tutelage of Armando Guerrero and fight his way up the ladder, feuding with The Affliction for the tail end of 2020 before earning his spot in the first ever Wrestling World Cup, getting a second chance to represent Mexico. Desperado would win his block before losing the finals to Toshiharu Hyobanshi, leading to a long rivalry where Hyobanshi would beat Desperado on every occasion. September led to the debut of the first new title, the Adrenaline title, and a 16 man, double elimination tournament to crown the first champ. Desperado would lose again to Hyobanshi, before battling back to win the Loser's bracket (beating Hyobanshi's #2 man Shogo in the finals). Desperado would again face off against the undefeated Hyobanshi... and lose again. It wasn't a fully clean loss, as the intervention of the masked man known only as "Muerte" would intervene and distract Desperado. Muerte would be revealed as Mustang Blanco Jr (there's a lot more to this story but I'll write about it another time), and Despy would get his revenge, beating Blanco to earn the right to represent Mexico again in the second Wrestling World Cup. Despy would find himself in a group with Toshiharu Hyobanshi, the dominant Adrenaline champion who has been putting the title on the line in every singles match he wrestles. Despy would be eliminated from contention, but the final day of the block he would finally get the win over Toshiharu Hyobanshi, preventing Hyobanshi from defending his World Cup AND winning the Adrenaline title from him. Despy would fill in the massive shoes of Hyobanshi well as champion, but his recklessness led to him defending the title in increasingly difficult situations and multimans - he would lose the title at Glory Days in an 8 man ladder match to Christian Blithe. Despy and Blithe would feud through the year, with Despy holding the title one more time before having it robbed to him minutes after his victory by Harry Simonson. As 2022 wore on, El Desperado would find success harder and harder to come by, watching as he gets passed up by cheaters and snakes. Desperado would turn on his mentor and the fans by doing whatever it takes to win, aligning with Mustang Blanco Jr. This would get Despy a World title shot against Okamoto in a phenomenal match, but he came up short once again. Now, working on gaslighting his former mentor into joining him as well, Desperado is looking to compete for the World Cup one more time and finally get his hands on the trophy that's eluded him the past two years.

There's a lot more that's happened that I'd love to write about, but I'll save it for the future updates once I've finished the World Cup. I wanted to give some of the history of the main competitors in this year's tournament, as well as the history of the World title.

The Wrestling World Cup is competed in a similar format to the G1, two blocks of round robin where the winners wrestle for the cup. 2021's winner was Toshiharu Hyobanshi, going undefeated in his block and beating El Desperado. 2022 saw Damian Dastardly sneak in to the finals after Desperado update Hyobanshi, him beating Rob Edwards (who replaced the injured Blackwell Bush) to claim the second title.

There are 6 countries I consider the "top" countries - four for being the biggest wrestling countries in the world, and two being the host nations. Every year I have 6 representatives from the US, England, Mexico, and Japan, as well as Australia and New Zealand, split 3 and 3 between the two blocks, with the other spots being filled by what I call the "wild card" countries or nations. These are the current competitors fighting to be the next one to hold the Wrestling World Cup...

Adrenaline Block

Cameron Saint [New Zealand] - I've talked about Cameron Saint at length - the only two-time WCW World Heavyweight champion, Saint is one of the favorites competing in his first World Cup.

Logan Wolfsbaine [United States] - I know what you're thinking, but I didn't hire Logan Wolfsbaine just because he's amazing - Wolfsbaine left PSW due to backstage issues pretty early in his career and was sitting working the indies for over a year. WA fantastic young wrestler with a mean streak, Wolfsbaine made his first appearance in WCW in last year's world cup. He was beat by Rob Edwards on the last day of round robin to miss the finals last year, and Wolfsbaine swears he would have made the finals if Bush didn't get injured. Wolfsbaine returned to WCW in October and has been tearing it up, beating top talent and making it clear why he's back - to win the World Cup.

Darin Flynn [England] - Darin Flynn made a surprise debut in WCW taking on Captain Wrestling in a competitive loss. In slightly over a month, Flynn notched a massive win against Rob Edwards, and Flynn looks to continue that momentum into the World Cup. He beat former partner and last year's representative Beau Boulder to earn this spot in what might have seemed like an upset, and he will have to keep his eyes on Boulder's tag partner Michel Bernard.

Sean McFly [Canada] - Sean McFly is in the twilight of his career, but the veteran made his debut in late 2022, mentoring a struggling Barney Mason. McFly has not had a career lacking in achievements, but winning the Wrestling World Cup would be a great capstone for the veteran, who looks to turn back the clock one last time and win the World Cup.

Michel Bernard [France] - Bernard is a phenomenal technical wrestler, though he's spent much of his career being the bridesmaid rather than the bride. Competing in his third World Cup, Bernard has finished in the middle of the pack each time, though his unpredictable grappling has earned him a number of upsets, such as last year against Logan Wolfsbaine. Bernard isn't a favorite, but he's bound to be a bracket breaker and he's got a chip on his shoulder with Darin Flynn.

Walker van Cleer [Netherlands] - Walker van Cleer hasn't made much of an impact in his short WCW career, but a stand out win against Konrad Makinen earned him this berth... but before his first tournament match, he was jumped by Gregory Grace and Blitz Simpson, who broke Walker van Cleer's hand. With a broken hand, WVC still plans on competing in his first World Cup, but the odds aren't in his favor.

LiveWire Block

Razan Okamoto [Japan] - Former World champion and one of the best wrestlers on the planet. Okamoto qualifies for his first World Cup and looks to take home the prestigious title.

El Desperado [Mexico] - El Desperado has one finals loss and one 2nd place finish in his block, but if there's any year to bet on him, it's this one.

Blackwell Bush [Australia] - Blackwell Bush qualified for his first World Cup last year, going 1-1 before getting injured in his match against Beau Boulder. Bush has a big chip on his shoulder and a lot to prove. Since late last year, Blackwell Bush has joined the new babyface Golden Army and has been learning a lot from Toshiharu Hyobanshi, and he'll look to show the rest of the block what he's learned.

Welsh Dragon [Wales] - Welsh Dragon washed his way up in Australia after being released by 21CW in 2020. Two appearances with more losses than wins, though he managed to steal a count out draw versus Toshiharu Hyobanshi last year. Dragon is a clear underdog in this group, but no one else in his block should overlook him after he was the first one put a chink in Hyobanshi's monstrous undefeated run.

Molokai Milk [Hawaii] - Molokai Milk enters his second World Cup, his first being a second place finish in his block while still evil. In two years, the international talent in WCW is much, much deeper, and Milk is 2 years older. The vet has a lot to prove in a deep block.

Brisbane Devil [Samoa] - The Brisbane Devil also enters his second World Cup, fighting in the inaugural one. Brisbane Devil is the best wrestler left on APW's roster (after RAW and I pillaged it), a great brawler who unfortunately hasn't had a chance in singles competition. Returning to WCW after two years, Brisbane Devil went 1-2 in his first World Cup, with losses to Molokai Milk and El Desperado. A chip on his shoulder, he has a chance to avenge his previous losses.

I have a good idea in my mind who's winning, but we have 5 weeks of round robin to go through leading up to the two night PPV.

• Like 2

Give me the diary @John Lions I demand it. 

First things first, the new name for Monday, A++ thank god. Lost Souls.. god that is all I can hope to accomplish with Vortex in my story, or with The Devoted Souls.. god burning an entire building to the ground. I love and hate them. Also always love Underworld and Maniac Monster together. Mustang Blanco in Australia!!! God that's what I want to see. Where do I buy my Meurto shirt sir!

God I want at least a breakdown of the block it's so stacked and lots of guys seemed to have developed greatly in the last two years. Livewire block has three clear stacked options to potentially win it. While Adrenaline seems a lot more likely a less big name can actually show up, unless Saint runs riot on the division. Still Michel Bernard or Logan Wolfsbane could be primed for a shoot up the card being in the weaker division and making a name for themselves to have a break out performance

• Thanks 1

Got a laptop and a surface. So I re bought the game and my save is Holy. So I had it on one drive. Downloaded and switched everything, like it never left. Now. Im in 2037.

Been using ChapGPT to write promos for myself as a wrestler. Doing promos ripping on cities (Think LA Knight type promos, but location based and heel) beating up and shaving heads of jobbers.  Doing a bloodline angel in 2037 but with a Mexican tag team. And brought a Andre the gaint type dude. Who winning everything. Most fun I had in years with the game.

14 hours ago, John Lions said:

I've just finished up year three with my custom Australian promotion in the base CornellVerse, uncreatively named World Championship Wrestling. Having been pulled back into watching wrestling consistently for the first time in 15 years thanks to AEW, I've run a very similar product and style. The premise to my save was that the same film crew who made their successful documentary about DIW worked on a second project in 2018 with the independent scene as a focus, and the stand out was Paul Green, the original Lone Rider. The documentary turning into one with the Lone Rider and his son as the focal points, Paul Green would put his boots back on and wrestle his son at the aptly named show "One Last Ride" in December 2018, catching the wrestling bug once again. Paul Green's younger son, John Green, saw an opportunity and put the capital together for a second "One Last Ride" in 2019, an event that very closely mirrored the first All In. With partnerships with BCG (In my headcanon, Maeda spent time very early in his career on excursion to Australia and formed a relationship with the Original Lone Rider) as well as APW, One Last Ride 2019 was a massive success, leading to the creation of WCW and many of the talents on the show being signed.

WCW started with a TV deal running bi-weekly events and only three championships - the World title, the Women's World title, and the World Tag titles. After getting on TV full time with WCW Adrenaline in September 2021, WCW has grown exponentially, adding titles, shows, and major PPVs. In 2023, WCW is the biggest company in Oceania, and has been growing steadily in Japan and India. WCW is based in Australia, so a lot of the roster is from there, but I've worked hard to make WCW feel like an international company, with wrestlers from around the globe vying to compete there.

I could write about this game forever, so I'll force myself to keep things brief and focus on the biggest storylines or events leading up to the last couple of months, and where I see things going in early 2023 at least. The next big event and the first PPV of 2023 is the Wrestling World Cup, and I'll cap of this post going through the field of competitors looking to be the third wrestler to hoist that prestigious trophy.

Cameron Saint vs Razan Okamoto - Cameron Saint (the artist formally known as Monday Next) and Razan Okamoto first met in the ring at One Last Ride 2019, the two men having excellent chemistry and wrestling to a 30 minute draw. Both men being babyfaces, their friendly rivalry would be one of the focal points of WCW through the past three years. When Okamoto would leave WCW after my first season finale, Glory Days in April 2020 after failing to become the first World champion against Echo, Saint found himself in charge of Takenori Doi, a BCG Young Lion on excursion who would proudly wave the banner for Okamoto-gun. Saint would be reluctant at first, but find himself relying on Doi as well as his long time friend Black Flash against the heels of WCW, most notably The Golden Army, headed by the dominant Toshiharu Hyobanshi. Saint would beat Echo for the World title as Okamoto made his return and took down the previously unstoppable Hyobanshi. Saint and Okamoto would meet at One Last Ride 2020 in a rematch that ended in another draw for the World title in Saint's first defense, this time a 60 minute draw. Saint would retain against Razan in 2021, beating him (by pinning Echo) in a triple threat also involving the former champion before losing at Road To Glory the month before the biggest show of the year. Razan would go on a losing streak, dropping matches to Lone Rider and the debuting Masa Kurata and finding himself in a slump, leading Okamoto-gun (himself, Doi, Saint, and Black Flash) but with only a tenuous grip on the stable named after himself. Okamoto would be beaten by Hyobanshi and fail to qualify for the World Cup, but Razan would start 2022 hot, going on a winning streak and winning the Road To Glory gauntlet match to earn a shot at the World Championship at Glory Days 3... against Cameron Saint. Saint lost the title for a spell to Lone Rider in between, but the two-time world champ and self proclaimed "Ace" of WCW went into their Glory Days rematch overconfident... and was outclassed by Razan Okamoto, losing the title. Cameron Saint's biggest weakness is that when he faces adversity, he loses confidence in himself and tends to run away from his failures. A bitter Saint would lead to the break up of Okamoto-gun, their rivalry getting more and more personal, before the two men would meet for one last time in a 60 minute Ironman match in June, with Okamoto successfully defending his title and shaking hands with his rival. Okamoto would bring WCW to a new level, holding the title through the entirely of 2022 before dropping it to Charon (a masked Skyscraper) at One Last Ride in December.

The Affliction and The Lost Souls - The main event of One Last Ride 2019 was a special match - Paul Green teaming with his son Lone Rider to take on, for one night only, the Captains of Wrestling - the original Captain Wrestling Jon Harrow and his hand-picked protege Captain Wrestling II. The Captains would win the match, but the Lone Riders would be jumped by The Affliction, Anguish and Misery, being lead by Molokai, the former Molokai Milk, sporting a cultish, gothic look. The Affliction would add the young daredevil Vortex and would reign terror in the early month of WCW, with The Affliction penned to win the tournament to crown the first World Tag Team champions... until Anguish was poached by RAW. Pivoting, Anguish did the job to the young El Desperado [a masked Felipe Caballero], the first step in catapulting that young man to stardom, and Australian Alpha [fka The A-Listers, Gregory Grace and Vincent Victory] would become the first champs instead of Misery and Molokai. The Affliction would feud with Desperado through the year but the faction lost all of it's gas, Misery being released for attitude and performance issues without his partner in 2021. Desperado would beat Molokai, who would doggedly try and recruit Desperado, in their block match in the Wrestling World Cup, and Molokai would send Vortex to recruit while he was dealing with his crisis of character. Molokai would eventually revert back to the friendly lovable Molokai Milk... just as Vortex returns with the hulking Underworld and Maniac Monster. A devastated Vortex would proclaim themselves "The Lost Souls" (a group I've used in many forms since TEW 2010 and always involving Vortex), and the heels would feud with Molokai Milk and his sidekicks, The Blue Cannons (Bounce and Flip Buchanan under unremarkable masks). The Lost Souls would lose and be relegated to the undercard, until Vortex would begin preaching that "HE" was coming, that "HE" was here to shepherd the Lost Souls. "HE" ends up being the massive masked man formerly known as Skyscraper - Charon debuted at the end of a brutal cage match between Rob Edwards and Echo at Glory Day 3, destroying both men. Charon would run roughshod over the WCW roster. He squashed Molokai Milk. He was unfazed by the violent striking of Rob Edwards. Captain Wrestling would make his massive debut in WCW with the goal of stopping Charon, and even he fell to the monster. Lone Rider would lose an Outback Death Match by having the steel steps piled on top of him as Charon sat on his makeshift "throne" for the ten count. With Vortex screeching at his side and the soulless Underworld and Maniac Monster serving as massive lackeys, Charon would step up his competition, beating Cameron Saint in a close match before setting his sights on the World champ, Razan Okamoto. The Lost Souls would make a visit to Japan to beat up Okamoto's trainees at his dojo and burn the building to the ground. The undefeated Charon would take the World title from Okamoto at One Last Ride 2022, closing out the year as champion.

El Desperado - When the WCW World Heavyweight Championship was announced, there would be four competitors representing four countries fighting to be the first to hold the big gold - Cameron Saint representing New Zealand (not his country of birth, but he's based out of there and in my canon he's lived there the majority of his life), Dingo Devine representing Australia, Razan Okamoto representing Japan, and the unknown El Desperado representing Mexico. Managed by Armando Guerrero, "El Desperado" would sign the contract for his match with Cameron Saint, revealing himself to be Echo - having jumped the actual El Desperado and stole his mask, the former RAW star made his debut in shocking fashion. El Desperado (the masked Felipe Caballero) would put his match on the line against Echo in his debut, a street fight, and lose. From being 2 matches from the World title to being at the bottom, Desperado would grow alongside the tutelage of Armando Guerrero and fight his way up the ladder, feuding with The Affliction for the tail end of 2020 before earning his spot in the first ever Wrestling World Cup, getting a second chance to represent Mexico. Desperado would win his block before losing the finals to Toshiharu Hyobanshi, leading to a long rivalry where Hyobanshi would beat Desperado on every occasion. September led to the debut of the first new title, the Adrenaline title, and a 16 man, double elimination tournament to crown the first champ. Desperado would lose again to Hyobanshi, before battling back to win the Loser's bracket (beating Hyobanshi's #2 man Shogo in the finals). Desperado would again face off against the undefeated Hyobanshi... and lose again. It wasn't a fully clean loss, as the intervention of the masked man known only as "Muerte" would intervene and distract Desperado. Muerte would be revealed as Mustang Blanco Jr (there's a lot more to this story but I'll write about it another time), and Despy would get his revenge, beating Blanco to earn the right to represent Mexico again in the second Wrestling World Cup. Despy would find himself in a group with Toshiharu Hyobanshi, the dominant Adrenaline champion who has been putting the title on the line in every singles match he wrestles. Despy would be eliminated from contention, but the final day of the block he would finally get the win over Toshiharu Hyobanshi, preventing Hyobanshi from defending his World Cup AND winning the Adrenaline title from him. Despy would fill in the massive shoes of Hyobanshi well as champion, but his recklessness led to him defending the title in increasingly difficult situations and multimans - he would lose the title at Glory Days in an 8 man ladder match to Christian Blithe. Despy and Blithe would feud through the year, with Despy holding the title one more time before having it robbed to him minutes after his victory by Harry Simonson. As 2022 wore on, El Desperado would find success harder and harder to come by, watching as he gets passed up by cheaters and snakes. Desperado would turn on his mentor and the fans by doing whatever it takes to win, aligning with Mustang Blanco Jr. This would get Despy a World title shot against Okamoto in a phenomenal match, but he came up short once again. Now, working on gaslighting his former mentor into joining him as well, Desperado is looking to compete for the World Cup one more time and finally get his hands on the trophy that's eluded him the past two years.

There's a lot more that's happened that I'd love to write about, but I'll save it for the future updates once I've finished the World Cup. I wanted to give some of the history of the main competitors in this year's tournament, as well as the history of the World title.

The Wrestling World Cup is competed in a similar format to the G1, two blocks of round robin where the winners wrestle for the cup. 2021's winner was Toshiharu Hyobanshi, going undefeated in his block and beating El Desperado. 2022 saw Damian Dastardly sneak in to the finals after Desperado update Hyobanshi, him beating Rob Edwards (who replaced the injured Blackwell Bush) to claim the second title.

There are 6 countries I consider the "top" countries - four for being the biggest wrestling countries in the world, and two being the host nations. Every year I have 6 representatives from the US, England, Mexico, and Japan, as well as Australia and New Zealand, split 3 and 3 between the two blocks, with the other spots being filled by what I call the "wild card" countries or nations. These are the current competitors fighting to be the next one to hold the Wrestling World Cup...

Adrenaline Block

Cameron Saint [New Zealand] - I've talked about Cameron Saint at length - the only two-time WCW World Heavyweight champion, Saint is one of the favorites competing in his first World Cup.

Logan Wolfsbaine [United States] - I know what you're thinking, but I didn't hire Logan Wolfsbaine just because he's amazing - Wolfsbaine left PSW due to backstage issues pretty early in his career and was sitting working the indies for over a year. WA fantastic young wrestler with a mean streak, Wolfsbaine made his first appearance in WCW in last year's world cup. He was beat by Rob Edwards on the last day of round robin to miss the finals last year, and Wolfsbaine swears he would have made the finals if Bush didn't get injured. Wolfsbaine returned to WCW in October and has been tearing it up, beating top talent and making it clear why he's back - to win the World Cup.

Darin Flynn [England] - Darin Flynn made a surprise debut in WCW taking on Captain Wrestling in a competitive loss. In slightly over a month, Flynn notched a massive win against Rob Edwards, and Flynn looks to continue that momentum into the World Cup. He beat former partner and last year's representative Beau Boulder to earn this spot in what might have seemed like an upset, and he will have to keep his eyes on Boulder's tag partner Michel Bernard.

Sean McFly [Canada] - Sean McFly is in the twilight of his career, but the veteran made his debut in late 2022, mentoring a struggling Barney Mason. McFly has not had a career lacking in achievements, but winning the Wrestling World Cup would be a great capstone for the veteran, who looks to turn back the clock one last time and win the World Cup.

Michel Bernard [France] - Bernard is a phenomenal technical wrestler, though he's spent much of his career being the bridesmaid rather than the bride. Competing in his third World Cup, Bernard has finished in the middle of the pack each time, though his unpredictable grappling has earned him a number of upsets, such as last year against Logan Wolfsbaine. Bernard isn't a favorite, but he's bound to be a bracket breaker and he's got a chip on his shoulder with Darin Flynn.

Walker van Cleer [Netherlands] - Walker van Cleer hasn't made much of an impact in his short WCW career, but a stand out win against Konrad Makinen earned him this berth... but before his first tournament match, he was jumped by Gregory Grace and Blitz Simpson, who broke Walker van Cleer's hand. With a broken hand, WVC still plans on competing in his first World Cup, but the odds aren't in his favor.

LiveWire Block

Razan Okamoto [Japan] - Former World champion and one of the best wrestlers on the planet. Okamoto qualifies for his first World Cup and looks to take home the prestigious title.

El Desperado [Mexico] - El Desperado has one finals loss and one 2nd place finish in his block, but if there's any year to bet on him, it's this one.

Blackwell Bush [Australia] - Blackwell Bush qualified for his first World Cup last year, going 1-1 before getting injured in his match against Beau Boulder. Bush has a big chip on his shoulder and a lot to prove. Since late last year, Blackwell Bush has joined the new babyface Golden Army and has been learning a lot from Toshiharu Hyobanshi, and he'll look to show the rest of the block what he's learned.

Welsh Dragon [Wales] - Welsh Dragon washed his way up in Australia after being released by 21CW in 2020. Two appearances with more losses than wins, though he managed to steal a count out draw versus Toshiharu Hyobanshi last year. Dragon is a clear underdog in this group, but no one else in his block should overlook him after he was the first one put a chink in Hyobanshi's monstrous undefeated run.

Molokai Milk [Hawaii] - Molokai Milk enters his second World Cup, his first being a second place finish in his block while still evil. In two years, the international talent in WCW is much, much deeper, and Milk is 2 years older. The vet has a lot to prove in a deep block.

Brisbane Devil [Samoa] - The Brisbane Devil also enters his second World Cup, fighting in the inaugural one. Brisbane Devil is the best wrestler left on APW's roster (after RAW and I pillaged it), a great brawler who unfortunately hasn't had a chance in singles competition. Returning to WCW after two years, Brisbane Devil went 1-2 in his first World Cup, with losses to Molokai Milk and El Desperado. A chip on his shoulder, he has a chance to avenge his previous losses.

I have a good idea in my mind who's winning, but we have 5 weeks of round robin to go through leading up to the two night PPV.

I love all the detail to the origin story: the Why We Fight documentary crew, starting with Lone Rider v Lone Rider and spinning it off into a dream tag match similar to what happened with the Rhodes in AEW, and using the finish of that show to debut a dominant new group, and it seems like the creativity and growth never let up from there. The World Cup concept and execution sounds great too.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, HiPlus said:

Give me the diary @John Lions I demand it. 

First things first, the new name for Monday, A++ thank god. Lost Souls.. god that is all I can hope to accomplish with Vortex in my story, or with The Devoted Souls.. god burning an entire building to the ground. I love and hate them. Also always love Underworld and Maniac Monster together. Mustang Blanco in Australia!!! God that's what I want to see. Where do I buy my Meurto shirt sir!

God I want at least a breakdown of the block it's so stacked and lots of guys seemed to have developed greatly in the last two years. Livewire block has three clear stacked options to potentially win it. While Adrenaline seems a lot more likely a less big name can actually show up, unless Saint runs riot on the division. Still Michel Bernard or Logan Wolfsbane could be primed for a shoot up the card being in the weaker division and making a name for themselves to have a break out performance

Thanks for the kind words @HiPlus and @619. I've gone back and forth on turning this save into a diary - I've written so many shows at this point that I've been conflicted of how to start a story 3 years in.

I wasn't expecting such a big reaction regarding Mustang Blanco Jr, so I will give some more detail to my favorite story that got absolutely dumped on by the fans:

I wanted to give the relationship with Armando Guerrero and El Desperado some more color, so I set up a (kayfabe) origin story. During the Adrenaline Rush tournament, Armando had brought in young rookies Leon Nameth and Juan Barbosa [Portuguese new-gen with 80+ technical and psychology] under his learning tree. Toshiharu Hyobanshi was openly derisive of Guerrero and Desperado, with the results to show for it. An increasingly frustrated Guerrero attempts to hit the much-larger Hyobanshi with a move I call the "Muerte Driver" - in my head it's a move similar to a Tiger Driver 98, an double underhook piledriver. Guerrero hesitates doing the move at the last second and loses, but it catches the sponge Desperado's eye and the rookie tries the move himself on Hyobanshi, but his mentor freaks out on him.

In kayfabe, there was a luchadore named "Muerte" who broke a competitor's neck in Mexico and was never seen again, and the "Muerte Driver" has been a banned move in Mexico since. Well, coincidentally, shortly after Muerte disappeared, the grizzled young veteran Armando Guerrero started his career in Australia...

During this same time, Mustang Blanco Jr makes his debut... in a wheel chair. A self proclaimed "life coach", Mustang Blanco Jr's career was over after a broken neck (I'll give you one guess who caused it, though I don't draw that line directly for a couple of months). Blanco, acting as a babyface initially, finds himself at ringside for a number of Guerrero's matches with his students Juan Barbosa and Leon Nameth, eventually poaching both from Guerrero as neither have found the success they hoped for. Meanwhile, Desperado has been trying to bust out the Muerte Driver himself and Guerrero refuses to tell his protege anything. As the tournament winds down, a masked "Muerte" has been shutting off the lights and playing videos during both Guerrero and Desperado's matches, most notably costing Despy the finals against Hyobanshi.

After a bit of intrigue, Guerrero and Desperado bait out "Muerte" and Guerrero reveals that HE was the original Muerte, and his guilt over ending another wrestler's career led him to abandon his mask and leave his home country. Guerrero challenges "Muerte" to an Apuestas match, Guerrero donning the original Muerte mask one last time. Guerrero would lose, thanks to interference from two other "Muerte"s, as it's revealed the mastermind has been the not-crippled Mustang Blanco Jr, who DID have his neck broken but not his career. Everything he's done from day 1 in WCW was for revenge.

Unfortunately... the crowd did not care at all about anyone involved in this storyline that wasn't El Desperado, and it was a massive ratings flop. After Despy beat Blanco in the WC qualifier, and he defended his newly won Adrenaline title against Nameth, Barbosa, and Blanco, the heel trio spent the next year working the pre-show until Despy's heel turn, with Blanco earning his trust as he has "outgrown" Armando. I've got my developmental company set to open in 2023 and Barbosa and Nameth will be two of the top stars there, while Blanco Jr now is at Desperado's side, getting way more over working with him than against him as he looks to help Despy gaslight his former mentor into following him down a much darker path.

• Like 6

Story - NWO invades the WWF.  For historical purposes of my save, the New World Order has never happened.

May - Danielson and Castagnoli invade the WWF.  (Danielson and Casagnoli are known for their work in WCW.  They are former stablemates (Generation Next), and have won the WCW World Championship multiple times.  They were also a tag team in WCW, winning the belts several times.  Additionally, after being released from WCW, they toured both AJPW and NJPW. 

July - Danielson and Castagnoli reveal the third man, WWF Champion John Cena who turns on Orton and Rene Dupree in the middle of the ring.

August - At SummerSlam, Danielson and Castagnoli score the win over Randy Orton and Rene Dupree.  In the main event, John Cena retains the WWF Championship over Jon Moxley (this NWO’s storyline version of Sting) with the help of the fourth man, Wes Brisco.

September - John Cena retains the WWF Title in a fatal four way involving Bobby Roode, Jon Moxley, and Randy Orton.  Orton begins to question if Moxley truly cares about the WWF.

October - Cena and Wes Brisco defeated Moxley and Orton at the October PPV when Moxley accidentally hits Orton with a steel chair.  

November (1st Raw)- Orton, Dupree, and Roode (Team WWF) confront Moxley.  Orton says that Moxley isn’t WWF enough.  Moxley leaves the ring without saying anything.  As Moxley leaves, Orton, roode, and Dupree are attacked by the New World Order.  

November (2nd Raw) - NWO opens the show and issues a challenge for Survivor Series.  Moxley vs. Cena for the Championship.  The other challenge:  Danielson, Castagonli, and Brisco vs. Bobby Roode, Randy Orton, and Rene Dupree.  Orton, Roode, Dupree accept the match before being attacked by the debuting “YOUNG BUCKS”.  Young Bucks reveal their NWO gear and are added to the match.

Historical Purposes - The Young Bucks (known as the Jackson Brothers) won several WCW World Tag Team Titles and both have won World Heavyweight Titles in ECW and VSE (forgot who won which but both have won World Title gold at the medium or higher level).

November (3rd Raw) - General Manager Mick Foley confronts the New World Order and is beaten down and given ten vicious chair shots.  Orton, Dupree, and Roode run in and save Mick Foley from the NWO.

November (4th Raw) - The time is 10:50 with ten minutes left in the show.  Cena has just defeated Bobby Roode in the middle of the ring (thanks to the NWO).  Foley’s music hits.  Foley walks out.  Stitches protruding out of his face.  He talks about the beating last week.  The chair shots.  Foley tells the NWO that he will be joining forces with Orton, Roode, and Dupree.  Cena points out that they are still one member short when “THE ROCKS music hits”.  The Rock, Mick Foley, Randy Orton, Bobby Roode, and Rene Dupree rush down to the ring and get into an all out brawl with the NWO.    The brawl clears with the NWO rushing into the stands.  At the top of the ramp is Jon Moxley as the show goes off the air.

Survivor Series - Team WWF vs. NWO goes to a draw.  Pure 20 minute brawl.  Cena defeats Moxley after knocking him out with brass knuckles.  The NWO beat up Moxley.  Rock and Foley attempt to help but are also defeated.  Orton, Dupree, and Roode never show up.

December (1st Raw) - Moxley opens the show.  He calls out Orton, Dupree, and Roode.  Orton demands that Moxley pledge his allegiance to him and the WWF.  Moxley drops his microphone and leaves through the crowd.

The plan - I will manually edit Moxley's contract.  Let him leave.  In a year or so, I will bring him back to avenge the WWF.

• Like 2

NJPW 1992-2010 Invasion Attack (June)

Been a while, finally got to Invasion Attack. Busy end of the year for me, sadly.

NEVER Openweight Six Man: CHAOS (Ishii, Tanaka, Gedo) (c) def. SKIRMISH (Orton, Edge & Kenso)

I always love booking Orton and Edge in NJPW because of wild matches like this. This match happened the day before Invasion Attack, so figured I'd post it here. SkirMish has been in dismay since The Rock and Brock Lesnar seemingly left after falling out in their main event last month. Lesnar has been MIA. Ishii takes on Kenso (FKA Kenzo Suzuki) at Invasion Attack for his NEVER Openweight title as well! Rated RKO take on GoAce! for the IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Titles! Everything is a mess for SkirMish.

Special Singles Match: Naomichi Marufuji def. Yokozuna
Marufuji left Sekigun, and formed RED with the tag team RED (Shuji Kondo, Yuji Hino) and instantly provoked the Headshrinkers led by Umaga. Marufuji made quick work of the aging Yokozuna (who isn't declining, wish his pop was a little higher) Marufuji makes a statement, calling out Umaga afterwards. 

NEVER Openweight: Tomohiro Ishii def. Kenso (c)
A two night calamity for SkirMish, as their only title has been taken away. Ishii continues his dominance in the NEVER division. This marks his 3rd title reign, tied with his Six Man reigns for a total of 6. Kenso's name change was clearly not a great enough change for the Forgotten Ace to level up. Back to the drawing board, but for Ishii he returns from injury and hasn't been able to lose gold since.

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team: HARASHIMA & Naito (c) def. CIMA & BxB Hulk
BxB Hulk has had a rough string of events. First losing the BOSJ, and then losing a tag team shot with fellow brother-in-arms CIMA. Still, he refuses to let that get him down, as CIMA and Hulk walked away impressed that Naito got a flash pinfall on CIMA. Things look good for Naito! Until the 5SW team Jung Dragons came out and challenged the fledlging team to a match! HARASHIMA boldly accepted before Naito could say anything.

IWGP Joshi: Gail Kim (c) def. Kayo Noumi
A match that had very little momentum going into it, largely because the Joshi title has been in a bit of a rough patch with no extremely popular (talented yes) breakout talent coming through. I could just give the title to Kudo until she retires, or even Nakano, but I don't want to continuously give them 1+ year reigns. Manami Toyota has retired. Things are a bit dire right now. Thankfully a lot of women are surfacing that are both talented and can be popular, and I'm hoping this problem is short-term. Despite that, Noumi is 33 and has 83 pop. She isn't a slouch or anything. This wasn't just a throwaway, both women have loads to prove here and the match was great!

IWGP Junior Heavyweight: Naruki Doi (c) def. Drago
Drago earned a title shot by defeating his archnemesis Aero Star in a #1 Contender's match. While for many champions, fighting a CMLL luchador as good as Drago would be a great first defense, and of course, the chances of losing are there but for Doi it almost felt like a lose-lose. Doi is the "new breed" of Junior Heavyweights. YAMATO lost his title to a veteran in Shinjiro Otani. So if Doi lost here, to an outsider, and on his first defense? His career would have taken a massive downward spiral. Thankfully, for Doi, he managed to defeat Drago in an excellent match. A string or interruptions continue, as Gedo comes out, the man who Doi lost to in BOSJ, to challenge for a title match. Gedo promised "It'll be the best Gedo anyone has ever seen."

IWGP Heavyweight Tag: Rated RKO def. GoAce! (c)
This match was nearly unwinnable for GoAce! It was just two veterans taking out Tanahashi and then isolating the less experienced Go Shiozaki. Shiozaki had moments where he felt like he might even win the match solo! But a spear and then an RKO put Shiozaki down. Nothing more to say, SkirMish continues to hold a title despite Kenso's screwup earlier.

IWGP United States: Kurt Angle (c) def. WALTER
Kurt Angle's continuous US title reign rages on, as he now has accepted open challenges from anywhere on planet Earth (just in case Aliens show up) and unluckily for Angle he had to contend with the bruiser WALTER (who isn't quite the Ring General, as he is only 22! But 80 pop already!) and while WALTER absolutely caved Angle's chest in, the technical prowess of the "Greatest United States Champion Ever" has once again done it. 

IWGP Intercontinental: Kensuke Sasaki (c) def. Samoa Joe (100 rated match!)
Samoa Joe's popularity, alongside KENTA as "Two Calamities as One" has drastically skyrocketed both men. Samoa Joe, no stranger to winning the IC title, as he has done it before, takes on a man he has beaten before. But Sasaki wasn't the leader of Sekigun. Now, with Hashimoto retired, he takes the mantle as the 3rd leader of Sekigun. He has vowed to remain as stoic as ever, and despite Joe having the upperhand throughout the slugfest, Sasaki would not yield and the 43 year old looked 13 years younger.

IWGP Heavyweight: Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson (c) def. Katsuyori Shibata
A month ago this would have been an inter-faction fight, but with The Rock leaving SkirMish claiming it was holding him back, perhaps those venomous words hold some weight. The Rock has bested now both of Meiyu Tag, and he continues his legacy. After the match, another former SkirMish member flanked by Paul Heyman - Brock Lesnar - shows up, absolutely obliterating both Shibata and The Rock before finally leaving. Lesnar was missing after The Rock attacked him post-match last month, but now he is back with his manager. What will Lesnar do? In NJPW he hasn't quite earned a title shot yet, but we will see what the future hold for the Beast Incarnate!

Edited by Peria
  • Like 4

End of the year nearly with HGC in 1997. The month of November ended. 

What a year. Big Tex Avatar was the user character and he's been used at a veteran of the industry and using his knowledge from his time in Texas to help HGC. J.K Stallings Jr is still the owner of HGC. 

Highest Rated Event is an 87.

Highest Rated Match is 99 and that was Nemesis and Mr. Hollywood def. Sean McFly and Eclipse.

Highest attendance of 43,455 at Threating Behaviour in October.

0.29 PPV Buys for Summer Showdown. 

We've signed too many workers to Hollyweird Grappling Company, far too many. Next time I playthrough it will be a lot less.

But managed to bring in from the SWF Seth Storm, Tommy Cornell, Captain USA, Colin Kennedy, Mr. Supreme who in turn became Mr. Hollywood, Nemesis was fired and so I picked him up, No Way Jose, Rick Horn, Sean McFly, Sebastian Krause, Seth Storm (would have both but his brother resigned with the SWF), 'The Big Easy' Jack Haines. 

On arriving in HGC, Mr. Hollywood was dubbed as an invader, part of The Syndicate stable loosely hinted to be sent by Richard Eisen. (nWo much?!)

Nemesis debuted near the end of June. He was Mr Hollywood's insurance policy and second member of The Syndicate.

Tommy Cornell became the 3rd man. The choice of the fourth was always Sam Strong and it was going to be. However he got cold feet. Rip Chord was actually going to have the face turn while Sam Strong joined The Syndicate as the 4th man.

Well. In the end Rip Chord joined The Syndicate as the 4th man, Sam Strong stays face and a hero. Bummer really. Effectively around the same time Sam Strong and Chords friendship finished for good.

Liberty is probably going to get his title win over Hollywood in December, unless I decide to go with Dusty Streets. Holding off on Streets as I want to sign Sid Streets and debut him the night Dusty will win and reveal he's part of The Syndicate.

BLZ Budd sometime in 1998 as HGC World Champion. Would also like to have a go with Brute Alexi as challenger to Dusty Streets or Libery, but can see a Sam Strong Showdown PPV Match at some point for both. With any luck Strong may turn heel and side with Chord. 

Have to kill time during boring classes, so started a WWF 96 save. The core motivation long term is that I want to book Bret vs Kurt, but in the meantime we're doing a semi-realistic WWF in a world where Hunter and Shawn both got punished for the Curtain Call. Because of it, Michaels was dropped as figurehead in favor of Austin ASAP and lost the title back to Bret as soon as he was back from his "personal issues."

Behind the Scenes

The company was hit with a financial scandal just before Survivor Series where it was discovered someone had embezzled $4M. I was nervous about it at first, but we proceeded to print cash afterwards. Now, a month after Mania, it's still affecting us but it doesn't really matter. We're taking in minimal sponsor money but still making ~$2M a month. Because sponsors already don't like us, we switched to the "Attitude Era" officially in Mar 97. This time without Russo, though, who decided to show up 3 hours late to Raw and follow it up by screwing up Taker’s rental car that same week. Taker is still mad about that and Savio Vega getting fined in my short lived drug testing era.

Hogan went off to film a movie in November of 96 and won't be back until November of 97. I have no idea what he's shooting that's taking that long, but it absolutely stalled WCW out. They're still doing solid ratings (and larger than us internationally) but Souled Out was main evented by The Giant and Kevin Sullivan which really put butts in seats.

WWF has, of course, been taking advantage. As soon as we hit big I struck dev deals with ECW and USWA (reflecting real life) and stuck some future stars down there, meanwhile the "spam Austin" strategy is paying off super well. Meanwhile, we've been gobbling up talent when we can. I'm mostly playing by the book - managed to coax Steamboat out of retirement, stole Arn, then stole Rey, and I'm about to steal Eddy. The only editor influence on the save so far was that I went in to nab Jericho because he wrestled 1 match from Oct 96 - Mar 97. Also signed RVD early to a non-exclusive deal but he's been a dark match king and grabbed Raven after he dropped the ECW title in March. Only significant injury so far was Vader, who went down for about a year with a Shattered Knee.

RAW didn't go to two hours until after Mania and we replaced In Your House with "Saturday Night's Main Event" PPVs because I prefer that name and didn't want to go rename all the B-PPVs.

On Screen

Summerslam 96 went pretty much as it did irl, except Austin won the IC title in a 4 way before deciding he didn't really care for it and handing it to Farooq, which I'm sure upset JR. Farooq, meanwhile, dropped the Gladiator gimmick ASAP switching to more of the NoD type gimmick. He has been renamed Ron Farooq.

The September 96 PPV ended with Shawn Michaels turning heel on Jose Lothario, beating him up, because of his frustrations with his main event match with Mankind. The two had a hard fought brawl that Shawn only escaped because the urn-controlled Taker finally got his Takerness back and beat on Mankind. Pillman and Austin yelled at each other, meanwhile Austin and Leif Cassidy beat The Perfect Pairing in the opener. The Perfect Pairing is Rocky Maivia and Mark Henry, Mr. Perfect's new proteges.

Things started to heat up in October 96. In the PPV main event, Michaels beat Taker in a cage match, the cage failing to keep Mankind out. In the semi, Austin beat Bam Bam Bigelow (who returned because The Kliq has lost their political power) who is Brian Pillman's "champion fighter." The returning Ricky Steamboat beat Ron Farooq for the IC title, with Farooq on a long winstreak up to this point. He has suddenly become a major star, regularly pushing 80+ in matches and promos. Marc Mero and Goldust took the tag titles off The Smoking Gunns.

Survivor Series started with a banger match when Steamboat and Farooq rematched. Rey Mysterio then made his debut in a traditional Survivor Series match which, because it's a traditional Survivor Series match, had very little story setup but put a win under The Perfect Pairing, Rey, Bam Bam and Jarrett's belt. It was effectively team Jarrett vs team Roadie because that angle got blown off that month, but it petered out because there wasn't really time or drive. Owen Hart and Bulldog took the tag titles off Mero and Goldust and Taker had a cage match with Mankind where Mankind took a bump from the top. In the main event, Bret beat Shawn and set Austin aflame.

Bret and Shawn followed it up with an I Quit match in December, to build that as Bret's new signature match. Taker beat Mankind in a Buried Alive match, effectively killing Mankind. Mysterio, Austin, and The Perfect Pairing all picked up wins against semi-random opponents, while Steamboat's retirement tour continued against Mero. At this point the scandal had popped, so Vince is in the mix with Pillman and Austin who are actively talking about it on TV.

The Royal Rumble had the most shocking winner possible, Stone Cold Steve Austin in 1997, while Bret Hart retained against Taker in the main. Of course, Austin follows this up by jumping Bret, freeing up Pillman to go bother Vince. Mankind's death left room on the roster for Cactus Jack who Jeff Jarrett jobbed for. Bam Bam, a victim of fortune, took an L against Shawn in a fight for Sunny's honor, her now free because I'm never pushing Bart Gunn. Meanwhile Owen and Arn Anderson, who recently debuted and joined Camp Corny, beat Rey and Mero in a match that was ruined by Owen and Arn having horrible chemistry and Arn and Corny having terrible chemistry. So Bulldog got the title back quietly the next night.

Bret beat taker again at SNME Feb and seemed rusty, the two kinda put up a dud 78. Luckily, somehow, the PPV was saved by the semi-main. Cactus Jack had a Hardcore hankerin', so decided to debut the WWF Hardcore title, not 24/7 yet. Farooq decided he wanted a piece of that pie to get his mojo back and that match became a slobberknocker. Austin beat up on Rey who was struggling to get his due respect from commentator Jerry Lawler, then also put a whopping on Bret at the end of the night. Pillman challenged Vince to a fight, but Vince has too much dignity for that. Otherwise, we had Rumble rematches because it's Mania season baby. But after another Camp Corny vs Perfect Pairing match where the crowd were especially hating on Rocky, The Road Warriors came down to the ring to cause chaos.

That set up the Mania opener, The Road Warriors vs Camp Corny vs The Perfect Pairing. Shocking no one, The Road Warriors won. A frustrated Rocky Maivia, now hinting at his new persona, afterward had Henry assault Mr. Perfect and proudly went through a name change. Shawn Michaels beat up Marc Mero because they both have hot valets, and then Sunny and Sable stripped each other because that's how women fight. Goldust then beat Ricky Steamboat for the IC title so Ricky can start winding down and because Goldust was pushing incredible promos. Hunter Hearst Helmsley had decided Cactus Jack was his ticket to gold and challenged him for the Hardcore title, resulting in a lot of blood. HHH earned Jack's respect this way and picked up the Triple H moniker the following night after spitting on a Cactus handshake. Bam Bam and Yokozuna (who I gave time off to lose weight but he didn't) then fought as Pillman and Vince's champions, with the stipulation that Pillman would become commissioner if Bam Bam won, which Bigelow did in swift fashion. Rey Mysterio beat Arn Anderson in a great match to win some heavyweight respect and then Undertaker and Farooq didn't sell anything for eachother as Taker picked up another Mania win. And in the main event we redid the Austin/Bret pass out finish in an I Quit match which had it's rating tanked because I foreshadowed the turns for too long. Angles kept everything on the up and up though, so we're chilling.

Finally, at the Backlash SNME, the tag team triple threat was run back but The Rock is The Rock now. Road Warriors still won. Rey Mysterio got to beat up Jerry Lawler and pulled like a 95 individual rating. DX is becoming DX now and had a handicap match against Mero because his wife is cooler than him. Goldust beat Arn and Steamboat in a triple threat to retain the IC title, then turned face because I've been booking him like one. Cactus beat Bam Bam in a brawl that did really well because Bam Bam can't legally win on PPV I guess, Taker beat Farooq in a rematch because they had to do something. Farooq did better this time. Pillman was finally able to goad Vince into a fight. Meanwhile, we had some PPV stable debuts. The Rock and Mark Henry introduced The Rock's cousin Rikishi, who will do anything for him, as well as The Rock's girlfriend... Kimberly Page, now known as Diamond. This is the "war"est thing I've done, I picked up Kimberly just because imagine how fuming DDP and Bischoff would be in real life. And her gimmick is very much playing into it.

Meanwhile, a bunch of lower card guys also got some air time, as former ECW champion Raven introduced TR3VCH3RY (a name I'm pretty sure I stole from somewhere, but I always hated Flock.) This version is Raven and girlfriend Robin (fka Beulah) alongside Matt and Jeff Hardy, just called The Boyz at the moment, free moving woman Roller (fka Kimona), and 7 foot giant Scarecrow, who's just Isaac Yankem in a mask. To kill some time, Scarecrow had a match against Sycho Sid and surprisingly chokeslammed the hell out of Sid and totally buried him. Sid's really unhappy about it.

At the end of the night, Austin and Bret main evented again, this time in a 99 rated, 30 minute Iron Man match. Austin was up 3-2 as time was expiring, but Commissioner Pillman decided to DQ Austin! He screwed him! Luckily Vince McMahon will set this straight tomorrow, right?

Edited by etthebrain
  • Like 4

On 9/28/2023 at 4:04 PM, danyp92 said:

I lost count of how many times I did it, but I started another ZEN save and just now i finished to go throught 2020.

Schedule:

I decided to add a show every week in between the "main" ones for a total of 4 show every month, not to quick to finish the year with nothing happening, not to slow to be boring. Way of The Warrior is still my season "finale", however, i added a round robin style, two blocks, tournament, the Fun Prix, that runs for the two previous months with the winner that can decide any match he wants for the main event of the show. Added a tag team tournament equivalent, the Fun League, in the last quarter of the year, same prize as the FP, but it's for the last "main" show of the year (Way of the Thief) and it's not the main event. It's mandatory for every team to have a proper name.

Roster:

It didn't change much. Trevor Feather left in August and i sent him away with an Harmony Title Match in one of the "minor" shows and made him argue with Pink Spider after it to write him off. In his place i hired Dee Lucketti... to lose to everyone else. The other bigger change was to turn Ferdy Lloyd heel/rudo, leaving Blue Flea behind, to join Skullduggery and team with Damian Dastardly in the Fun League. A last thing to add, after a year I am in this annoying situation where my company has 47 pop in NZ, but more than half the roster is stuck at 42 pop and no one is a major star.

Titles:

Conceptual Title: Kalliope dropped it to Deathwatch Beetle after only 1 title defence, because i had other plans for her. After becoming champion, the Fun Prix started but no member of Alien Armada was included in it (ops), so the group protest until they got a four way match between themselves with the winner getting any match they want for Way of The Warrior. Beetle won, but before he could say what he wanted Karrq, Man O'War and Laguna stopped him. This went on until Halloween Knight "kidnapped" Beetle allowing him to announce that... he wanted to defend his Conceptual Title in a gauntlet match, where he started first, because he may be an alien but he loves to wrestle. So he made 4 defences (with 1 draw) and lost the last round against Aukland Raider. Raider is still the champion and it's going to have a match with Lerome Slim at Way of The Dreamer.

Harmony Titles: The Ghost Hunters were the starting champions and made 3 defences before losing to Love Gold. Love Gold is the team formed by Kalliope Woodchuck and Buckminster Snark. He always tried to convince her to date him, to no success (to this day), but he did convinced her to form a tag team when he won a title shot in an Handicap Match for her. This put Snark in a particular position allowing him to team with both tecnicos/faces and rudos/heels during the rest of the year. This team too got 3 title defences before they lost at the end of the year to The Fish Kings (Devilfish and Vertigo) the winners of the Fun League. Snark and Kallie are now separated and suffering, but not dating. Meanwhile the new champions have their first opponent already decided: Man O'War from Alien Armada and Booster Boy from a battle royale, as a result of an injury that left War, and only him, with a title shot and Halloween Knight messing again with the Aliens.

Master Title: ZERO was a fighting champion and he got six defences, but lately he was retaining the title by time limit draws, so when the winner of the Fun Prix, Damian Dastardly, made their match at Way of The Warrior with no time limits, he lost. DD made his defences under the Skullduggery rules: no time limits, no pinfalls or submissions, no draws, you win when the referee proclame that you opponent can't fight anymore. The year ended and he made 4 defences with his opponents receiving a week of rest each, with only ZERO, after losing a rematch, angry at Halloween Knight for forcing him not to wrestle. Anyway, at Way of the Dreamer 2021 the man that accepted to going against the champion next was Pink Spider, because he likes Pink stuff as much as he is tough.

Other stuff:

I opened a new dojo, so to have new fresh people at the bottom of the roster every year, waiting for next April for the first class of graduates.

2021 Plans and Ideas:

Kallie and Snark will leave the tecnicos and the rudos and form their own faction, The Neutros. Some of the "Way of" events will be made dormant to add event with the names of the two tournaments. 

Things that i want to do but not sure if i will and when/how doing it: A new single belt below the Master Title and above the Conceptual Title; a trios belt; a separate faction for HalloWarped, Toady and Guru Vishni; make a deal with WrestleWorld when it opens in July; run a story about ZERO challenging Halloween Knight's authority; hiring people from my shortlist.

In a strange turn of events, it's the first time in i don't know that i played a full second year in a save. So here what happened in 2021:

Previous plans and ideas:

I did form the Neutros faction with Kalliope and Snark, adding Azazel given his double personality gimmick, that just started following them around and was booked as their tag team partner in 3 vs 3 matches. However, this group was a failure. I didn't do anything with them. The best thing for them was Kalliope taking part in the Fun Prix and having a decent run followed by a challenge to the Master title. So, by the end of the year the unit disbanded. Kallie was welcomed back in the Tecnicos, while Snark was allowed back to the Rudos by becoming everyone else servant. Azazel... i'll talk about him later.

Outside of the event named after the Fun Prix and the Fun League, the schedule stayed the same. I did made a deal with WrestleWorld, so ZEN started to be known in Australia. The only thing in that list i didn't do was the trios title. I'll cover the rest in the other sections.

Roster:

I hired a third referee, Lew Rose, because APW hired one of mine. A couple of months later i had more momentum and prestige so all three referees worked my shows. Lew Rose had just left APW too.

Credit to @James The Animator for his idea he shared with me: two dinosaurs created chaos in ZEN for a little while, by attacking at random after matches. They were Aussie Raptor (Quick Zee) and Terror Dactyl (new gen, Taylor Hernandez), an experiment by Dr.Ceri Dordevich. Togheter they are Dino Might! Once ZERO and the rudos solved their mistery, they started to dominate the tag team division, fighting often in Hardcore matches and great things were planned for them... but Terror got injured and he is still out.

When April arrived, I hired my first two trainees from my dojo, Adam Edwards and Ariene Bailey. The first it's ok and i gave him the "Old" school heel gimmick, he act a bit too much like he is out of place and talks a lot about "his times" despite being quite young (19), who knows maybe in the future we will learn about his past. On the other hand Bailey, not so good. Let's just say this, until recently, she couldn't wrestle for more than 6 minutes in a 1 vs 1 match. She is quite insecure, but she uses the power of immagination to overcome her shortcomings so she call herself Super Bailey. Preteding to be a superhero, she often tries stuff she can't do that lead to losing her matches. Both of them are at the bottom of the roster and take the fall for other wrestlers.

Big hiring for the debut on WrestleWorld: Cole Taylor! He left RAW at the beggining of the year and joined us in july for Way of The Warrior, where he won against Cyanide. Some of the things he did this year, i'll cover later. Honestly, i think i hired him too soon. Most of the times he performes as good as my other stars so i didn't really need him in New Zealand and he is annoying to book because he is popular in all Australia and doesn't want to lose much. He's gonna be useful for expanding in Australia. Around this time i signed Devilfish, Pumpkin Jack, Pink Spider and Damian Dastardly to exclusive written contract (like Taylor) but it was probably too soon in this case too.

Road Agent Classy Paul Massey left, so I hired Owen Oldacre in his place.

Bobby Boone (new gen) was the last wrestler I hired, but i did for storyline reason so... later.

One last thing: I fired Blue Flea at the end of the year. He had problems with Adam Edwards and he started turning the roster against him. I should've fired him at the first incidents but i waited (and buried him a couple of times) and now Adam (a loner) has tension or worse with 6 people. Adam is a negative influence, so who knows if he is gonna stay with us long.

Titles:

Conceptual Title: Aukland Raider was the champion at the start of 2021. He reached 8 defences until he was defeated by Ferdy Lloyd showing the results of his training with Skullduggery. Unfortunally for him, he only managed one title defence because plans changed and Aussie Raptor defeated him after losing his partner Terror Dactyl. Aussie did feuded with former champion Raider and C-W-A (The Attitude Eras) defending the championship from them both and making them back off by almost injury the both of them. His defences stopped at 3, with Kalliope winning the title back to turn around her career, but on the other hand Aussie would not be wrestling alone anymore. Remember Azazel? After Neutros ended, Snark blamed him and defeated him in a match. Azazel didn't want to go back to the rudos and Dr. Ceri offered to help him. She then asked for Guru's collaboration and the two of them managed to split the good and the bad side. Azazel now 100% evil, defeated Kalliope at the her first defence and became Conceptual Champion. He then offered Snark a title shot and got revenge on him. The success of Azazel made Dr.Ceri and Guru join forces. The Order of Magic and Science was born: Dr. Ceri, Guru, HalloWarped, Toady, Aussie Raptor, the injured Terror Dactyl, Azazel and... Bobby Angel. Azazel is now 100% evil but were did his good side go? 100% Good, Bobby Angel (Bobby Boone) joined the group when his body adjusted itself to the good personality of Azazel and now the two of them team as Moral Duality. He even refused to join the tecnicos. Azazel is not happy about this at all, but he has to worries about the Conceptual Title too. Who is gonna challenge him next? (i don't know yet)

Harmony Title: We ended last year with the newly crowned Fish Kings (Devilfish and Vertigo) ready to make their first defence against Man O'War and Booster Boy. They lost. 0 defences. Bobby did then left the rudos to join the Alien Armada because the alien are more funny to spend time with than the humans. Not many defences, only 2, because Man O' War was busy with the Fun Prix. They lost the belts to Casual Violence at Way of the Warrior in 3 way match that included the random team of Pumpkin Jack and Mister Hyde, the result of the last "fun idea" of Halloween Knight. Lerome Slim and Rehka are still champions now, they managed 3 defences until now, but lately they felt insulted by the fact that the Fun League winners of this year didn't challenge them for the Harmony Titles, so they challenged them for Way of the Dream after the winners's plan failed. More about it with the next two titles.

Center of The World: I wanted to add another single title and i did. ZERO was vocal about HK's poor work using his power on ZEN, so he went all the way to win the Fun Prix to get the match he wanted for the main event of Way Of The Warrior: 1 vs 1, Halloween Knight vs ZERO with the control of ZEN on the line. HK got injured, so Devilfish fight in his place. ZERO won in the best match of the year for us (74) and finally he could put himself in all the title match he wanted... except HK gave him the "book", the proof of authority and rules he has to follow. Don't ask me what this rules are, the only one I know is that the owner of the book has to be challanged by the champion (or win a tournament i guess) to get a title match. So to solve this problem, ZERO created the Center of the World Title (that i immagine has New Zealand in the center plate) and everyone (except others champions and their challengers) had a chance to win in one of the most unfair single elimination tournament, were ZERO was the only one that wrestler 1 on 1 matches. However, someone, shows up to destroy his plan: Cole Taylor. He reached the finals and defeated him becoming the first Center of the World Champion. Still champion, he defeated Killer B, the now free to challenge Halloween Knight and Damian Dastardly. 3 defences and Vertigo challenged him next.

Master Title: Damian was the champion and was doing his whole you need to knock out your opponent to win. Keeping doing it create a problem for him. He was losing the ability to win the normal way. Devilfish challenged him and proved it. He lost the match, but he made the audience and the referee count the pins even if not allowed. Then the Fun Prix arrived and Damian lost a lot and only managed to get 4 points. Halloween Knight made him defend his title in a normal match against everyone that defeated him in the tournament: Devilfish, Killer B and Pink Spider. Pink Spider won the Master Title. They had a rematch at Way of the Warrior, that Spider won. The new champion then challenged Kalliope Woodchuck and got revenge for the loss she inflicted him during the Fun Prix. But 2 is the number of defences he managed, thanks to ZERO. The new authority implored Pink Spider (with whom he started a team, Pink Sky, during the first Fun League) to give him a title shot, but in their arguing Devilfish showed up and got the title shot instead because Fish did lose to Pink Spider in the Fun Prix. However, the day of the title match, Devilfish won and became Master Champion for the fourth time, but the second Fun League started. The final was a rematch from the year before. Fish Kings (Devilfish, Vertigo) vs Pink Sky. This time ZERO and Spider won, their wish? A three way match for the Master Title. Like I said, they made the Harmony Champions angry. Devilfish spent the three weeks before the match putting them against each other and so was able to retain the title, while Pink Sky were attacked after the match by Casual Violence. The year ended with Man O'War challenging for the Master Title.

Other Stuff and future plans:

Dino Might's originl plan was for them to win all their tag team matches (clean in Hardcore matches, with Dr. Ceri's help in normal matches), win the Fun League and get the titles at the end of the year. I am more happy with what I did instead, The Order was something that gave me direction for what i want to do in the future after a year that felt a little bit directionless. I already started going there, but i am tired of writing.

I still want to make a trios title if the moment is right.

The last thing i want to mention is that between next January and February in game i will try this: split the roster for three weeks and make two shows a week. One in NZ and one in Australia (with Cole Taylor). I want to see if it's too much for me to book and decide what i will do when the time comes to expand in Australia. ( I am at 60 in NZ, so that time is not that far). Oh, my roster is not stuck on 42 anymore... it's stuck on 52 now!

• Like 3

G1 Climax 20 is now booked! 1992-2010. August.

Lets go over both the card and the results of the G1 Climax A Block and B Block. The A Block had an extremely close and difficult bracket, and the lowest point total ever with just 11 points qualifying to the finals!

A Block:

Hirooki Goto - 8 Points: It is always difficult to see where Goto will fall. He can win against virtually anybody and lose to virtually anybody. This time, unfortunately, Goto's inconsistency hurt him and much like last year, and the year before that, he wound up at just 8 points. This is the 3rd year in a row that Hirooki Goto has showcased mediocrity in the G1, and he really needs to amp it up in the future.

Edge - 8 Points: Another notorious case of being a big deal and just falling apart in the tournament structure. Edge scored so low (just 6 points) in the 2008 G1 that he did not even qualify for the 2009 G1. Eight points is better, and Edge has improved drastically over the 2 years, so there is still plenty of hope, as the Rated-R Superstar also managed to dethrone GoAce! (alongside Orton) for the tag titles a month before the tournament.

Hiroyoshi Tenzan - 8 Points: It feels like Tenzan has always peaked at 8 points. One of the best tag team wrestlers of all time, without a doubt, but as a singles competitor Tenzan has lacked that spark since his debut. Regardless, Tenzan is reliable and has always had a good showing from a match standpoint. It's just a shame Tenzan never reached his full potential, as injuries, wear and tear, and age pile up.

Katsuyori Shibata - 8 Points: Fellow Meiyu Tag member (alongside Goto) and 8 pointer, Shibata had a lot more spark in the tournament than Goto did. His matches were fast paced and intense, and he wrestled his own reckless brutal stiff style. Still... while he looked to be in control more often than not, he struggled to finish his matches. Shibata and Goto both need time and guidance, and being in SkirMish for so long has probably damaged their development than it has helped it at this stage.

Samoa Joe - 8 Points: Joe has recently surged in popularity and has earned his way back into the G1. But only because Suwama, who scored 10 points last year, was out with an injury. Samoa Joe didn't break double digits but he looked much stronger and more confident against his opponents. There is something there with Joe, the belief is he will achieve his greatness, but perhaps a G1 Climax Victory is a tough ask. Still, Joe is likely to be a mainstay in the G1 for years.

Kurt Angle - 9 Points: His match with IWGP Heavyweight Champion Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson (phew, mouthful) was a draw. But even then, Angle looks to be yet another gaijin that severely struggles in this long drawn out intense tournament. Until the G1, Angle was undefeated in singles competition since returning to NJPW late last year. Now? He has lost 4 matches. Two of them to Shibata and Tenzan. All this tournament has done to Angle is earn him more opponents and puts his "Greatest US Title Reign Ever" at risk.

Osamu Nishimura - 10 Points: Osamu did fantastic, I mean everyone technically did fantastic. Osamu rose above the rest and realistically could have won the whole block if he had secured his Night 9 match against Goto. Unfortunately he faltered but Osamu continues to show immense growth in the later stages of his career.

Minoru Tanaka - 10 Points: Tanaka defeated Joe on Night 9 to go 5-4 in one of the most difficult blocks ever. Tanaka wasn't even considered a top 5 finish, and ended up tied for 3rd. The "second" in the newly formed Chaos looks stronger than ever, and is likely to be turning a few heads and changing a few minds as he mixed heavyweight and junior heavyweight offense seamlessly. This varied offense has always made Tanaka difficult to plan for and he thrived in this tournaments.

Dwayne Johnson - 10 Points: The Rock entered as the IWGP Heavyweight Champion. But each and every single opponent for The Great One was a main event PPV match at Dontaku or WK. Do not be fooled by his 10 points. The Rock only actually lost 3 matches. Yes, he had TWO back to back draws. One against Kurt Angle and one against the A Block Winner. Regardless, The Rock has proven without a doubt that despite the Japanese fans ire, he is the best wrestler ever. Although....

A Block Winner: Hiroshi Tanahashi - 11 Points: A draw with The Rock on Night 9 allowed Tanahashi to squeak by in a ridiculous block. Tanahashi looked to be almost out of it, as he lost to Tanaka, Goto, and Kurt Angle, but he bounced back and managed to come up from behind and draw with The Rock. Allowing him a 1 point lead. Who does he face from the B Block? Well...

B Block:

KENTA - 6 Points: KENTA struggled, the New Japan Cup finalist really couldn't find his footing in another crazy stacked G1 Climax block, and its fully hard to blame him. KENTA is an "openweight" competitor fully, and could easily compete in the Junior Heavyweight division. But he has refused to do so since his debut, and has always been on the smaller side. If KENTA can bulk up, perhaps he can be a real force in the Heavyweight division.

Minoru Suzuki - 8 Points: Suzuki struggled, on Night 9 he did defeat Nakamura but before that he was at a woeful 6 points. As the leader of Suzuki-gun, many wonder if Suzuki has just gotten weak. A massive fall from grace from when he entered Wrestle Kingdom as the IWGP Heavyweight champ 5 years ago. Still, Suzuki remains a deadly and experienced veteran who seems to get better with age, despite being his 40s now. So... perhaps Suzuki is only getting started? 

Satoshi Kojima - 8 Points: Imagine Osamu Nishmura, but somehow worse! Not talent-wise! Kojima is one of the best tag team wrestlers ever. But he is just unfortunately cursed. A G1 Finalist last year, Kojima had so much pressure on him, and he cracked. But everyone knows how difficult the 39 year old is to defeat. Everyone knows in any other company, like Nishimura, Kojima is a multi-time world champion. Kojima isn't in any other company though. One day, many believe, Kojima WILL have that big moment. Unfortunately time is telling a different story and each passing G1 Climax campaign the situation gets bleaker and bleaker.

Rhino - 8 Points: Rhino getting 8 points is actually more impressive than not. You see, Rhino just returned from a Torn ACL. Mind you, Rhino's finisher is The Gore. Rhino had such a massive disadvantage entering the tournament only a few months back, and still managed to hit some insane Gores. Its always an interesting block with Rhino in it because at any moment that Gore can hit and end a match in 25 or 15 minutes.

John Cena - 8 Points: Cena started out white hot, being the first to best the seldom competing Brock Lesnar, and even earned himself an Intercontinental title match. Cena has been stepping back as a scumbag gaijin heel and has been adopting a more honest and respectful wrestling style. And while it wasn't a smashing success - yet - Cena still earned some fans, and wrestlers respect.

Naomichi Marufuji - 10 Points: Marufuji was last years winner. Sadly, he will not be repeating the extremely rare repeat that has only been done once since the G1 has switched to a 10 man block format. Regardless, he had a great showing and is representing the new stable only known as RED. Marufuji teased a new member reveal at the G1 Climax finals as well, and many are excited. Despite not winning the G1, or even his block, Marufuji remains white hot and is likely to be all okay despite the setbacks.

Shinsuke Nakamura - 10 Points: The leader of CHAOS could be painted as 2nd or 3rd depending on how you look at it. He looked strong throughout the tournament, and even hit 10 points first. He choked. To put it bluntly. Losing to Marufuji, the man he beat at Wrestle Kingdom just 8 months before, saw him crumble. It killed his ego for some reason. Nakamura needs to regain himself and The King of Strong Style will likely find himself back in the main event.

Kensuke Sasaki - 10 Points:  Kensuke Sasaki almost did exactly what the B Block winner achieved, and that is to come back from an 0-3 tournament start. By the end of Night 5, Sasaki had only 2 points. By Night 9, the Intercontinental Champion managed to end the tournament at 10 points. The only man to win the new G1 Climax format twice in a row, almost set another milestone. Unfortunately it was not meant to be.

Brock Lesnar - 10 Points: Lesnar is not one to accept the invitation to the G1 Climax. Stating it is a waste of his time, and it wasn't advised by his new manager Paul Heyman to even do it. The Beast entered strong, and decimated just about anyone in record time. The Beast unfortunately had never been in a G1 Climax. After the 6th Night, Lesnar was completely gassed and overwhelmed by many opponents who had trained and conditioned for the harsh intensity that this tournament brings. His desire to avenge his loss earlier to The Rock will go unanswered, as he is unable to make the B Block Finals and face off against rival Hiroshi Tanahashi. Instead... 

B Block Winner: Randy Orton - 12 Points: Randy Orton started the tournament 0-3. That was it. He never lost again. His stock rose to unforeseen heights, when he defeated Brock Lesnar in a MOTY contender, and ever since then Orton has carried himself as an Apex Predator. He seemed to no longer be that cocky brash kid that was always held back by his massive ego. One half of the IWGP Heavyweight tag team champions, impressed everyone when he bested his budding rival John Cena on Night 9 and punched his way to create history by becoming not only the first ever gaijin G1 Climax winner but to be the one to defeat The Ace in both singles and tag matches back to back.

The Finals are set! Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Randy Orton, G1 Climax 20!

Also on the card!

IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team: HARASHIMA & Tetsuya Naito vs. Jung Dragons (c)

NEVER Openweight: Shelton Benjamin vs. Tomohiro Ishii (c)

IWGP Joshi: Amy Dumas vs. Gail Kim (c)

and more!

• Like 7

QAW December 2023, using the Women's Revolution mods from @willr0ck

The company is on the cusp of going from Medium to Big, as we just hit our fifth U.S. area that's 77 or higher. I'm keeping it capped for now, as none of my top stars seem capable of getting higher than 85 pop, and that will kill us in the Area Battles unless I change the preferences (which I might do). QAW got the "Company Of The Year So Far" back in June, and Penny Ramone got "Young Wrestler Of The Year So Far).

USPW got Foxxy LaRue away from me, but she was in time decline, so while that's disappointing, I couldn't justify giving her a big money, multi-year contract. I did manage to steal away Alicia Strong and Sara Marie York, both of whom seem to be full of vigor yet. Sara also immediately took on a protege in Felicia Luck.

Ramona Diaz is currently my World Champion, who I turned face despite her being better as a heel. She was just too over and had too much Star Quality for me not too. I didn't have anyone else in the main event scene that came close as far as SQ goes, with the possible exception of Chris Amerson (who's 100% heel, if I'm not mistaken).

Working on a long running save in my TEW game as JCP, later turning it into WCW, I've been doing this on and off for awhile now, using the 80s Risky Business mod (hope it gets back to being updated soon but some others seem to have done other 80s mods since).

I had split JCP from the NWA fairly early on, and changed the name to WCW. Thanks to the Horsemen's feuding with Dusty Rhodes and Magnum TA, as well as strong performances from Jake Roberts, Ricky Steamboat, and Randy Savage, I got WCW to Big over the years. Tully Blanchard, Roberts, and Savage have all jumped to the WWF, and Steamboat jumped to NJPW recently. Sting, Luger, Rick Rude, Kerry Von Erich, Scott Hall, Jim Duggan and Big Van Vader have stepped up to be solid upper-midcarders/occasional main eventers. I'm trying to build a light heavyweight division, I did steal Owen Hart and Dean Malenko from AJPW and Lanny Poffo from NJPW(Mainly as veteran help). I did steal Bret Hart and Bobby Heenan from WWF. So far I haven't found anyone that Heenan's got great chemistry with so maybe he moves into the commentators booth eventually. Hart's being introduced the same way Steamboat was introduced to NWA/WCW, only this time the Horsemen are picking on Owen Hart. Flair's going to be dropping the World Title to Bret at Wrestlewar.

The Road Warriors were big busts in WWF, regularly jobbing to Robert Fuller(as Tennessee Lee) and a partner of his choice. I stole them when I had the chance, and built them into the dominating team they were in real life. They spent most of 1988 as the WCW Tag Team Champions, before losing to Dusty Rhodes and Magnum TA at Bunkhouse Stampede. My only 100 of this save so far, in fact, was a six man tag on a late year WCW Saturday Night where Ric Flair teamed up with the Road Warriors to take on Sting, Dusty, and Magnum.

My biggest flop is Curt Hennig. I signed him from AWA to be a big part of the Horsemen, but he failed drug tests and wouldn't stop taking hard drugs even after a rehab trip. He kept saying that he can't shake the habit. His star quality's dropped big time and his stats have been going down, it might be time to let him go, sad to say.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Saffir said:

Working on a long running save in my TEW game as JCP, later turning it into WCW, I've been doing this on and off for awhile now, using the 80s Risky Business mod (hope it gets back to being updated soon but some others seem to have done other 80s mods since).

I had split JCP from the NWA fairly early on, and changed the name to WCW. Thanks to the Horsemen's feuding with Dusty Rhodes and Magnum TA, as well as strong performances from Jake Roberts, Ricky Steamboat, and Randy Savage, I got WCW to Big over the years. Tully Blanchard, Roberts, and Savage have all jumped to the WWF, and Steamboat jumped to NJPW recently. Sting, Luger, Rick Rude, Kerry Von Erich, Scott Hall, Jim Duggan and Big Van Vader have stepped up to be solid upper-midcarders/occasional main eventers. I'm trying to build a light heavyweight division, I did steal Owen Hart and Dean Malenko from AJPW and Lanny Poffo from NJPW(Mainly as veteran help). I did steal Bret Hart and Bobby Heenan from WWF. So far I haven't found anyone that Heenan's got great chemistry with so maybe he moves into the commentators booth eventually. Hart's being introduced the same way Steamboat was introduced to NWA/WCW, only this time the Horsemen are picking on Owen Hart. Flair's going to be dropping the World Title to Bret at Wrestlewar.

The Road Warriors were big busts in WWF, regularly jobbing to Robert Fuller(as Tennessee Lee) and a partner of his choice. I stole them when I had the chance, and built them into the dominating team they were in real life. They spent most of 1988 as the WCW Tag Team Champions, before losing to Dusty Rhodes and Magnum TA at Bunkhouse Stampede. My only 100 of this save so far, in fact, was a six man tag on a late year WCW Saturday Night where Ric Flair teamed up with the Road Warriors to take on Sting, Dusty, and Magnum.

My biggest flop is Curt Hennig. I signed him from AWA to be a big part of the Horsemen, but he failed drug tests and wouldn't stop taking hard drugs even after a rehab trip. He kept saying that he can't shake the habit. His star quality's dropped big time and his stats have been going down, it might be time to let him go, sad to say.

Great write up.  What year did you start?

1 hour ago, Zero said:

Great write up.  What year did you start?

I started in 1985.

I think at some point I am going to give Dusty his flowers and give him a gold watch World Title run to end his career, hoping he can be convinced to retire close to the end of his current two year contract. It did start a couple months ago in the game, so I have time for the World Title scene to be coming around to him. He just started hitting time decline when he was involved in that 100 rated match. I plan on moving him into a road agent role instead of commentary.

Edited by Saffir

CV 97 game with CGC that I'm having a blast with. Let's start with the DeColts

The DeColts Characters

Steve, Alex and Jack all start with belts around their waist at the beginning of the game and with Elimination only 3 shows away, I started by setting up the characters for my DeColts.

Steve, the cocky, athletic jock. The QB of the DeColts if you will. He's a "flashy" brawler who likes to keep a clean image and he's always got hot women after him, which is of course his main weakness. For eg, Helen Wheels being his ex who came back to haunt him with her two monster heel (albeit completely useless) tag team of Mammoth & Land Mass (this is her story pre-game in my canon). 

Alex, the smart one. The nerd. The man with the plan. He's what makes the DeColts so dangerous. He makes the plans to beat their rivals, including for Steve and Jack. His weakness? He's not quite the fighter of his brothers. He's an okay brawler. with efficiency over flashiness. He can't ad lib. His strategies always work though, so why would he ever need to ad lib, right?

Jack, the hot headed amateur wrestler. The best pure fighter of the DeColts, due to him being the smallest (only 6 foot in comparison to his brother who are 6'3and the one who would've been picked on the most as a kid. He can brawl, he can take you down and wrestle. Jack isn't as flashy as Steve and is much a pure rage filled single minded brawler and there in lies his weakness. He's very emotional. You can attack his family and he'll want revenge.

Now let's get to what they are up to. 

Road to Wrestlefestival

Only two TV shows before Elimination, the DeColt's take over the first episode. Jack beats Wolfgang Zimmerman, Alex beats Jon Jetson and Steve faces John McClean, putting the world title on the line against him. McClean had won CGC Young Wrestler of the Year for 1996, so he gets to challenge for the CGC World title on the first show of the year, a CGC tradition. Steve, of course, successfully defends. 

Episode two is centred around the DeColt opponents for Elimination, The School of Tradition. Eric Tyler, The Soldiers of Fortune and TV Champ, Dan DaLay. The Soldiers beat the make shift team of Condor and Alexander Robinson. DaLay successfully defends his TV title against Howling Dog. Tyler beat Ed Monton in the main event. At Elimination, The DeColts beat The School of Tradition (Tyler and The Soldiers), after the match, Barry Bowen comes out and beats up the final two participants, Steve and Tyler as their team makes have already been beat up due to the carnage of the match. 

Post Elimination, Bowen and Tyler state they should be the number one contender, George says they are the best candidates and there is only one way to decide the next challenger, The Luck of the Draw wheel. They'll spin the wheel at the beginning of the event, whoever it lands on, will face Steve for the title. Later in the show, Steve is getting ready for his main event against Jon Jetson when a girl runs up to him, in a wedding dress, make up smeared and crying, she's very hot. She asks Steve for help, she ran away from her wedding because she was so scared of her fiancée. Steve says he will protect her and invites her to the ring with him tonight, she accepts and introduces herself as Doll. Steve beats Jetson after he get freaked out by Doll staring at him and Steve takes advantage. Jack and Alex beat the new combination of Christopher Hart and Wolfgang Zimmerman who were bullying some smaller wrestlers earlier. 

Tyler and Bowen have been paired together to face Alex and Jack in our main event, they argue saying to stay out of each others way. They don't and they lose. Steve has a date with Doll, who has cleaned herself up (no wedding dress, make-up fixed), Steve seems quite smitten but Biff the Bruiser interrupts. Impromptu match. Steve makes some incredibly uncharacteristic mistakes, trying to be more flashy than usual to impress Doll. Biff is able to get some licks in, but can't take complete advantage as his moves don't quite hit the mark as Steve seems to be able to make the right adjustment at the exact right moment, which is unlike him. Steve eventually wins. 

Next week, Helen Wheels comes up to Steve and Doll, with Wheels saying she is disappointed that he has moved on to such trash. Steve defends Doll, but it seemed like feeble Doll had some real rage in her after Wheels insulted her. In the main event, Steve takes on Wheels' tag team, Mammoth and Land Mass in a handicap match. Steve wins after Doll outright attacks Wheels and distracts her monsters for Steve to take control. Post match, Bowen attacks, Jack and Alex save but Alex is worried after Doll viciously attacked Wheels when she appeared so feeble.

The last show before Luck of the Draw, Alex talks to Steve to make sure he is okay. He says he is fine, why wouldn't he be? Alex says he is a little suspicious of Doll, she's a little creepy and she was vicious only last week. Steve says that Wheels just pushed her buttons, like people do to Jack. He then goes to leave and a hot girl comes up and gives him her digits, Steve isn't interested, throwing them away, Alex knows something is up. Alex asks George if he thinks Steve is okay, George tells him to trust his instincts. In the main event, Bowen, Tyler and DaLay beat The DeColts after Steve makes an absolutely horrific mistake trying to impress Doll and Tyler is able to counter, hit the Tradition Lift only for Bowen to come in and steal the victory. 

Luck of the Draw arrives and the Luck of the Draw wheel decides Barry Bowen will face Steve for the CGC World Title. Alex asks Steve and Doll up front what's going on. Steve and Doll say nothing's going on. Alex isn't sure though. He asks Jack what he thinks and Jack says he thinks he's just being Steve, he's always got a new girl on his arm every few months. Alex and Jack defend their tag titles against the Soldiers of Fortune. They win, but only just. Alex' strategy works, but he's distracted and it's up to Jack to ad lib to allow them to keep the belts. Steve takes on Bowen. It's an even affair but Steve continues to be overly cocky and flashy trying to show Doll what he can do. Bowen on the other hand can't seem to do much. His usually devastating shoulder block completely misses. When he lifts Steve, he seems to take too long before Steve counters. Both men seem off but in the end Steve is able to hit the DeColt Stampede and keep his title. 

Post LOTD, Steve comes out and states that he was lucky to beat Bowen as both men were off their games. He says the far from convincing win isn't good enough and he expects Bowen to right his wrongs and challenge him at The DeColt Wrestlefestival in 5 weeks. Alex has gone full investigation mode, fading out what's going on with Doll and Steve. He interrogates Doll. She says she actually loves Steve but is afraid of her ex, he's been looking for her ever since she left him at the alter. Alex can't argue and let's her go. He then faces John McClean. Using his old strategy, he's able to scrape a win as McClean can't take advantage of an unprepared Alex. Later, Doll asks Steve if she is a problem and Steve assures her she is not, and is not too pleased with Alex. Bowen beats Ed Monton in the main event. Afterwards, he says The DeColts did something to him and he completely underperformed at LOTD because of it. The DeColts better be ready as he is coming for all of them. 

Week 2 of Alex' interrogations, this time, it's Helen Wheels, who Doll attacked a few weeks ago. Wheels says she doesn't know who she is, but there's a chance she's from their past. She does say though that's she's completely crazy. Afterwards, Alex realises he has no strategy created again this week, this time for John Maverick. He's going to have to wing it. He goes in completely unprepared and Maverick has tightened up his game since the last time they faced. Maverick beats Alex. After that, Steve confronts Alex. He says that the only thing that has changed is Alex'. Not everybody is out to get them and not to be paranoid. He didn't even had a plan for Maverick. Alex states that because he was busy coming up with a strategy for Steve and Jack for the Soldiers of Fortune, but Alex decides they can try take them out without his plan. They do and lose, Steve and Jack start well but Jack's inexperience can't make up for Steve's showboating for Doll. After that, Bowen attacks Jack and Steve saying Jack is his first victim.

Week 3 of Alex' interrogations and he brings in his old pal, Dan DaLay. He questions Dan about Doll, if she's from their past, does he recognise her, has he got anything to do with it, all no. He knows nothing about her, if it's School of Tradition business, that's more Tyler's wheelhouse. Tyler comes in and says he wishes he could take credit, Doll seems to be pulling the DeColt boys apart, but it's nothing to do with him. Again an unprepared Alex loses, this time to Dan DaLay as he defends his TV Title. Steve had started the show apologising to his brother Jack and the fans for costing his team last week. Bowen takes on Jack in the main event and beats him. Bowen states Alex is next. 

Week 4 of Alex' interrogations and he has Barry Bowen in the chair. Alex is getting disheveled and hasn't been sleeping, trying to figure this out, and making strategies for upcoming fights. Bowen doesn't know anything about Doll, but what he does know is The DeColts have messed with him for the last time and Alex will suffer in the main event. And indeed he does, Bowen batters Alex. Alex has a strategy but isn't able to put it into affect due to him being so exhausted. He also has no support from his older brother, as Steve is out on a date with Doll. Bowen is declared the Number one contender for WrestleFestival Day One, but Eric Tyler gets a shot at Steve and the title next week, Bowen will face the winner. 

One week to WrestleFestival and Alex interrogates Doll once more, again nothing comes from it, she just seems like she loves Steve. In the main event, Steve faces Tyler. A pretty even match that Tyler can't seem to put Steve away, but the Soldiers of Fortune and Dan DaLay make their presence known. Jack comes out to help and so does Alex, despite Steve not helping him. The match is declared a draw due to the mayhem. The DeColts are out numbered though, but get help from the hottest talent in CGC, Steve Flash (more on him later). The two teams battle and in the crossfire, Alex hits Doll by accident as DaLay dodges a counterstrike and Doll gets struck. Steve is FURIOUS. George and security come out to stop the mayhem and break it up. George announces Bowen is still the challenger for Day One, for Day Two a match will take place. Eric Tyler v Steve Flash to challenge the winner of Steve and Bowen on Day Two. 

The WrestleFestival weekend begins with TV and Steve tells Alex he needs to stay away from him and Doll. She's his future and he's done enough. Unless he wants to get in the ring, he better back off. Alex accepts this. Jack comes to Alex and ask him if he has the strategies as he doesn't want the World Title to fall into the wrong hands. Alex agrees, and gives Jack the strategies which he gives to Steve who begrudgingly accepts them.

WrestleFestival Day One is here and Alex and Jack defend their Tag Titles against The Soldiers of Fortune. Jack has to take control of the tie, as Alex is still exhausted, it seems he hasn't given up his pursuit of the truth. Jack does well but the well oiled machine of the Soldiers is a tough ask for the youngest DeColt and in the end, it's basically two on one, and The Soldiers of Fortune become the new CGC Tag Team Champs. Steve on the other hand is back to himself it seems. He kicks out of all of Bowen's biggest moves and has all the counters to Bowen's Train Wreck. Steve beats Bowen and keeps his title. Afterwards, he brings Doll into the ring. He loves her and can't live without her. He proposes and she accepts, the wedding is set to take place on day two, but Steve has to take out Eric Tyler first. Before we finish, Alex needs answers and infiltrates the Women's Dressing Room to look in Doll's locker. Alex sneaks in, sneaking past crew members and such as well as an undressing Helen Wheels. He sees Doll at her locker, before she walks away and leaves it unlocked. Alex approaches the locker and opens it up, "Oh my God", he's found something, he quickly empties the locker into and bag closes it and attempts to leave, he turns to find Wheels (in a towel) standing there, uh oh. 

Day Two starts with The DeColt minus Alex coming out. They address the crowd stating that Alex has been suspended without pay to sort out whatever he's going through. Steve states he is appalled with how Alex has acted recently and is struggling to find it in his heart to forgive him, but he will be there for his brother when he is back to normal and is disappointed he won't be able to attend his wedding. Steve says he is crazy. Jack disagrees saying Alex just needs some time to figure some stuff out. he says he doesn't think Alex is crazy or while George isn't sure, just trying to keep the peace. Tyler and his School interrupt saying by the end of tonight, he and his stablemates will hold all the gold in CGC. A battle royal takes place to see who will be the new number one contender for the World Title a match that Jack wins, adding more drama to Steve's title defence and upcoming nuptials. Steve beats Tyler, retaining his belt. Now the wedding. Steve congratulates Jack but does seem worried about what the future "Wild Man" might do as the number one contender. Jack says he has nothing to worry about, he would never do anything like that to ruin Steve's day, despite his number one contender status, which Steve greatly appreciates. Now here comes the bride. The wedding ceremony begins, it goes unhitched until the priest states "if there are anybody who object to this now, speak now or forever hold your peace". It's silent until we hear "I OBJECT". It's Alex, holding a large bag, rushing away from security. He looks dishevelled and crazy. Steve orders the security to get him out of here, Jack says maybe we should listen. George is willing to allow Alex to say his piece much to Steve's chagrin. Alex makes his way to the ring, the big bag still over his shoulder. He says one word "Voodoo", Steve rolls his eyes. Alex states he knew something was up, not just with Steve but numerous people on the roster. He admits to breaking into to girls locker room, but also states the reason. He says he needed to find something and the only place he hadn't checked, the locker. He opened up the bag and picked out two dolls, that have a remarkable similarity to Steve and Alex. He says he found these in Doll locker and she has been manipulating people with them. Steve thinks that these are just normal dolls, but Alex says "Watch this". Alex manipulates the doll of Steve to kneel down like he is proposing, a few moments pass and Steve copies the doll, it works. Steve snaps back to life and can't believe it, before moving away from Doll. Alex the goes back into the bag, picking out numerous dolls, Biff the Bruiser, Barry Bowen and Eric Tyler. He even imitates pinfall kickouts with the dolls, and that also works, no wonder Steve was able to kick out of big moves and dodge moves at the last moment. George asks Doll to respond, she says "I didn't think I'd need this, but a girl's gotta be prepared" and pulls a Jack doll out of her dress. She uses the doll to get Jack to blindly throw punches at Alex. Alex bails through the crowd, Steve grabs the bag of dolls and leaves up the ramp. In his haste, a doll is left behind, which the bride picks up. Jack realises what happens and tries to flee but he drops to the floor, holding his abdomen, we see Doll has put a needle in the Jack voodoo doll and the imitates him walking back to her, which he does as his face turns bright red with rage. Doll then says "oh and there's one more thing you need to know Steve". The lights flicker. "I'd like you to meet my husband, the man you believe I ran away from, Xavier Austin." Steve turns to see this man standing behind him (played by Flapjack Flanagan) he throws Steve off the stage through loads of tables, luckily he keeps the bag of dolls in his grasp. Steve is hurt, Jack is trapped under Doll's control and the number one contender to Steve's title and Alex is the only DeColt left standing to face this new monster.

What Else Has Been Going On?

Ed Monton and Jon Jetson had a mini feud that ended at WFD2, Monton won. Mostly just former tag partners arguing and the like. 

Eddie Chandler, John Maverick, John McClean and Steve Flash started the save feuding over who should be the contender for DaLay's TV title. They all won their matches (one each week) in the build up to Luck of The Draw and George said there will be a tournament, winner gets a shot at the title. Flash beat McClean and Maverick beat Chandler. Flash then beat DaLay. Then this broke off into two feuds. Flash v School of Tradition and Chandler v McClean. Tyler had been looking for School of Tradition recruits since Luck of The Draw when he tried to recruit Ed Monton, but that failed. When Flash beat McClean and Maverick in one night, Tyler took notice. Flash failed to win the TV title thanks to interference, but Tyler stated he could have won it, if he had some friends to back him. Giving him a few weeks to decide. Flash gets more wins, but rejects Tyler's invitation. DaLay then tells Flash, he'll never win the TV title now. Flash continues his hot run and Tyler gives Flash another chance to join, he rejects it again and comes to The DeColts aid after the main event of Steve v Tyler World Title match and Flash gets put into a number one contenders match against Tyler, but loses in a very close match. Tyler grabs a mic and says Flash has untapped potential and this match proved that. This is his last shot, join The School of Tradition again, Flash rejects it. A disappointed Tyler nods and tells DaLay to take him out DaLay Down. Another and another. Flash is out. Next day, Tyler is bragging how they will hold all the titles when Flash comes out and says he wants DaLay tonight, George makes it so. Flash wins and is now got a chance to get the TV title at the next TV show.

Chandler and McClean don't fight much other than arguing backstage. Interfering in each others matches, bad mouthing each other.  Eventually it comes to a head and they go one on one on WFD1. It's an open match, but McClean looks to end it when Chandler inadvertently grabs McClean's junk, which disgusts him and Chandler takes advantage and gets the win. In the battle royal on WFD2, Chandler uses his new "tactics" to become the runner up. This is the turn that going to begin Eddie Chandler to become to FAAAAAAAAABULOUS Eddie Chandler, looking forward to his transformation. 

Also began a new feud between the recently signed Archangel and John Maverick. It only just begun so nothing really to repot there. 

Wow, this turned out to be long lol. 

• Like 9

Always room for a little magic in CGC.

My last CGC 1997 game stretched to 2005, and one of my regrets was turning Eddie Chandler heel really early, and not enjoying him as a bland midcard babyface for as long as I should. Too tempting to get him pink and evil as soon as possible. 

• Like 1

2010's NJPW Destruction is now booked, and with "The Great One" as the champion, NJPW has been slowly shifting to the more modern product some are more familiar with. Which, I ask anyone who reads my messages: Is No-Style Wrestling the best option for modern NJPW? NJPW is like weirdly "semi-western/modern Puro" and I can't really find the perfect fit.

With that out of the way, let's go over the card!

IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag: The Jung Dragons (c) def. Daniel Makabe & Alex Zayne

A bit of a throwaway with Makabe and Zayne defeating Naito & Harashima in an upset on tour. Naito is on a bit of a decline after a raucous start in his career in NJPW. The Jung Dragons were able to survive the brutal onslaught of two guys who will likely make many BOSJ tournaments, and I believe both already have 1-2 under their belt.

Special Singles Match: Jushin "Thunder" Liger def. SUGI

Speaking of slums, Liger, at the young age of 45 hasn't been as dominant as he once was. Well, okay, sure he scored 12 points in this years BOSJ. But for years now Liger has been unable to "finish the job." His last BOSJ win was in 2004 (6 years ago) and his last title in general ended in 2008. Yeah, it's only two years ago, but shockingly enough it is the longest time Liger has ever gone without holding any title or winning any achievement. He challenged SUGI, a fellow member of Sekigun to help him sharpen up. But Liger isn't done, his end goal is Naruki Doi, the reigning IWGP Jr. Heavyweight champion.

NEVER Openweight: Tomohiro Ishii (c) def. Cibernetico

Cibernetico made his debut at Destruction as a special challenger from CMLL to Ishii's Openweight title. It was a hard hitting slugfest and a massive hoss battle that Ishii narrowly escaped. The match was well received and while Cibernetico did lose, he announced he and Ricky Banderas (Mil Muertes) were coming to NJPW to compete in the upcoming Tag League in October.

IWGP World Joshi: Gail Kim (c) def. Bison Kimura

Gail Kim has been having a decent reign with the title, though the entire Joshi scene is currently rebuilding itself. Gail Kim has been facing newer and lesser known up and comers, or women that might've never gotten a fair shake at the title. Kayo Noumi, and Amy Dumas, who is a great competitor, aren't exactly the most over in Japan. So what happens when Bison Kimura, a much more popular and experienced wrestler challenges Gail Kim? An uphill battle that Gail Kim ultimately survives. From here on out, her challenges are only going to get more and more insurmountable.

IWGP United States Heavyweight: Kurt Angle (c) def. Osamu Nishimura 

Kurt Angle continues his record-setting US title reign in NJPW, as he concludes his 7th defense against an experienced and masterful technician in Osamu Nishimura. The major issue Angle was having before the G1 was he had no opponents reasonably capable (his words) of besting him. So he went overseas and international. Now? He has a plethora of NJPW talent ready to usurp his throne but just because they beat once, as we see here, doesn't mean they can beat him twice.

IWGP Heavyweight Tag: Brutal Landslide 2.0 (Minoru Suzuki & Takashi Sugiura) def. Rated RKO (c)

An absolute shocking upset. On their very first defense, Rated RKO were unable to focus and the new Suzuki-gun team outplayed them at every step of the way. This wasn't particularly anything major for Rated RKO, perhaps just an off-night. Nothing will come from it (spoilers.) But to see them lose at any time sets Orton off as he was JUST in the G1 Finals. Both men are just too busy trying to establish their singles careers that they weren't focused on the prize they already had.

Special Singles Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi def. Minoru Tanaka (100 rated match!)

Perhaps a one-sided rivalry. Tanahashi considers Tanaka an excellent wrestler but not "an ace." Tanaka believes he has the tools to be the main event star (he does, dude rocks in this save) and when Tanaka bested Tanahashi in the G1.. it got Tanahashi's attention, but first the Ace had to win the G1. After that? Tanahashi and Tanaka would have their rematch. Tanahashi would best Tanaka here, making the score 3-1 but this is their 3rd 100 rated match overall so that makes me happy. 

IWGP Junior Heavyweight vs. Singles Career: Naruki Doi (c) def. Gedo

Gedo promised one last hurrah from him in the BOSJ, and he showed up when he obtained 10 points, his most in any BOSJ ever. He then challenged Naruki Doi, who declined Gedo as he wasn't a "credible threat." Gedo that if he were to lose, he'd never have a singles title match again. Naruki Doi accepted, and though Gedo, for the first time his nefarious career, fought as a babyface but ultimately come up short of dethroning Doi. Naruki Doi continues his ascent to the top of the Junior Heavyweight division at the expense of Gedo's career.

IWGP Intercontinental: Kensuke Sasaki (c) def. John Cena

I genuinely loved writing that out simply because of it is so zany. John Cena as of late has dulled his obnoxious foreign gaijin schtick and has been wrestling with honor and respect. The week before Destruction, CHAOS faced off against Sekigun and absolutely routed them, which prompted Nakamura to call Sekigun the worst it has ever been because of Sasaki. He said with Fujinami and Hashimoto far removed, Sasaki finally gets to prove what a leader he is (Sasaki & Hashimoto feuded over leadership! I think I even wrote about it!) and he has been garbage. John Cena remembered that and after his loss, with respect, requested to officially join Sekigun and simultaneously call out Nakamura. His face turn is complete.

IWGP Heavyweight: Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson (c) def. Katsuyori Shibata, Hirooki Goto, and Brock Lesnar 

That's right! The first ever 4 Corners match for the IWGP Heavyweight title (I think.. I know I did triple threats before) and The Rock survives against his former SkirMish stablemates. This (finally) concludes the feud of The Rock vs SkirMish. I know you guys don't notice it, but even I was like "God this feud has run its course ages ago" but I stuck with it. The Rocks 4 defenses were only between these 3 guys. So, yeah. Regardless, The Rock vs Tanahashi is almost guaranteed for Wrestle Kingdom. But of course, Samoa Joe, who bested Dwayne in the G1 will have his big chance to ruin that at Power Struggle!

Also!: Chris Jericho flanked by Mabel (lol, I have no idea why) has returned to NJPW! Jericho was unfortunately very naughty and caught a scandal but has now returned with the intent of finishing his illustrious career.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Peria said:

2010's NJPW Destruction is now booked, and with "The Great One" as the champion, NJPW has been slowly shifting to the more modern product some are more familiar with. Which, I ask anyone who reads my messages: Is No-Style Wrestling the best option for modern NJPW? NJPW is like weirdly "semi-western/modern Puro" and I can't really find the perfect fit.

With that out of the way, let's go over the card!

IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag: The Jung Dragons (c) def. Daniel Makabe & Alex Zayne

A bit of a throwaway with Makabe and Zayne defeating Naito & Harashima in an upset on tour. Naito is on a bit of a decline after a raucous start in his career in NJPW. The Jung Dragons were able to survive the brutal onslaught of two guys who will likely make many BOSJ tournaments, and I believe both already have 1-2 under their belt.

Special Singles Match: Jushin "Thunder" Liger def. SUGI

Speaking of slums, Liger, at the young age of 45 hasn't been as dominant as he once was. Well, okay, sure he scored 12 points in this years BOSJ. But for years now Liger has been unable to "finish the job." His last BOSJ win was in 2004 (6 years ago) and his last title in general ended in 2008. Yeah, it's only two years ago, but shockingly enough it is the longest time Liger has ever gone without holding any title or winning any achievement. He challenged SUGI, a fellow member of Sekigun to help him sharpen up. But Liger isn't done, his end goal is Naruki Doi, the reigning IWGP Jr. Heavyweight champion.

NEVER Openweight: Tomohiro Ishii (c) def. Cibernetico

Cibernetico made his debut at Destruction as a special challenger from CMLL to Ishii's Openweight title. It was a hard hitting slugfest and a massive hoss battle that Ishii narrowly escaped. The match was well received and while Cibernetico did lose, he announced he and Ricky Banderas (Mil Muertes) were coming to NJPW to compete in the upcoming Tag League in October.

IWGP World Joshi: Gail Kim (c) def. Bison Kimura

Gail Kim has been having a decent reign with the title, though the entire Joshi scene is currently rebuilding itself. Gail Kim has been facing newer and lesser known up and comers, or women that might've never gotten a fair shake at the title. Kayo Noumi, and Amy Dumas, who is a great competitor, aren't exactly the most over in Japan. So what happens when Bison Kimura, a much more popular and experienced wrestler challenges Gail Kim? An uphill battle that Gail Kim ultimately survives. From here on out, her challenges are only going to get more and more insurmountable.

IWGP United States Heavyweight: Kurt Angle (c) def. Osamu Nishimura 

Kurt Angle continues his record-setting US title reign in NJPW, as he concludes his 7th defense against an experienced and masterful technician in Osamu Nishimura. The major issue Angle was having before the G1 was he had no opponents reasonably capable (his words) of besting him. So he went overseas and international. Now? He has a plethora of NJPW talent ready to usurp his throne but just because they beat once, as we see here, doesn't mean they can beat him twice.

IWGP Heavyweight Tag: Brutal Landslide 2.0 (Minoru Suzuki & Takashi Sugiura) def. Rated RKO (c)

An absolute shocking upset. On their very first defense, Rated RKO were unable to focus and the new Suzuki-gun team outplayed them at every step of the way. This wasn't particularly anything major for Rated RKO, perhaps just an off-night. Nothing will come from it (spoilers.) But to see them lose at any time sets Orton off as he was JUST in the G1 Finals. Both men are just too busy trying to establish their singles careers that they weren't focused on the prize they already had.

Special Singles Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi def. Minoru Tanaka (100 rated match!)

Perhaps a one-sided rivalry. Tanahashi considers Tanaka an excellent wrestler but not "an ace." Tanaka believes he has the tools to be the main event star (he does, dude rocks in this save) and when Tanaka bested Tanahashi in the G1.. it got Tanahashi's attention, but first the Ace had to win the G1. After that? Tanahashi and Tanaka would have their rematch. Tanahashi would best Tanaka here, making the score 3-1 but this is their 3rd 100 rated match overall so that makes me happy. 

IWGP Junior Heavyweight vs. Singles Career: Naruki Doi (c) def. Gedo

Gedo promised one last hurrah from him in the BOSJ, and he showed up when he obtained 10 points, his most in any BOSJ ever. He then challenged Naruki Doi, who declined Gedo as he wasn't a "credible threat." Gedo that if he were to lose, he'd never have a singles title match again. Naruki Doi accepted, and though Gedo, for the first time his nefarious career, fought as a babyface but ultimately come up short of dethroning Doi. Naruki Doi continues his ascent to the top of the Junior Heavyweight division at the expense of Gedo's career.

IWGP Intercontinental: Kensuke Sasaki (c) def. John Cena

I genuinely loved writing that out simply because of it is so zany. John Cena as of late has dulled his obnoxious foreign gaijin schtick and has been wrestling with honor and respect. The week before Destruction, CHAOS faced off against Sekigun and absolutely routed them, which prompted Nakamura to call Sekigun the worst it has ever been because of Sasaki. He said with Fujinami and Hashimoto far removed, Sasaki finally gets to prove what a leader he is (Sasaki & Hashimoto feuded over leadership! I think I even wrote about it!) and he has been garbage. John Cena remembered that and after his loss, with respect, requested to officially join Sekigun and simultaneously call out Nakamura. His face turn is complete.

IWGP Heavyweight: Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson (c) def. Katsuyori Shibata, Hirooki Goto, and Brock Lesnar 

That's right! The first ever 4 Corners match for the IWGP Heavyweight title (I think.. I know I did triple threats before) and The Rock survives against his former SkirMish stablemates. This (finally) concludes the feud of The Rock vs SkirMish. I know you guys don't notice it, but even I was like "God this feud has run its course ages ago" but I stuck with it. The Rocks 4 defenses were only between these 3 guys. So, yeah. Regardless, The Rock vs Tanahashi is almost guaranteed for Wrestle Kingdom. But of course, Samoa Joe, who bested Dwayne in the G1 will have his big chance to ruin that at Power Struggle!

Also!: Chris Jericho flanked by Mabel (lol, I have no idea why) has returned to NJPW! Jericho was unfortunately very naughty and caught a scandal but has now returned with the intent of finishing his illustrious career.

Another great write up mate, as far as the product you could also check out east meets west (I think its called?) or the other one I use when running a north american (or any non japanese country) puro/touring style company is silver age wrestling, I am pretty sure its match rating is work rate 65% but allows gimmicks and promos. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Money Mac said:

Another great write up mate, as far as the product you could also check out east meets west (I think its called?) or the other one I use when running a north american (or any non japanese country) puro/touring style company is silver age wrestling, I am pretty sure its match rating is work rate 65% but allows gimmicks and promos. 

Thank you very much! East Meets West is almost perfect but gosh do I hate running storylines. I keep everything stored off game and just find that much better than anything else. I am almost admittedly very rusty in even using the storylines in game! Can't recall the last time I did use it, hehe. I appreciate the compliment and the quick reply though. And since I posted... the Tag League Blocks are below.

A Block:
Brutal Landslide 2.0 (Suzuki/Suigura) (c)

GoAce! (Tanahashi/Shiozaki)

RED (Yuji Hino/Shuji Kondo)

The New Headshrinkers (Alofa/Afa Jr.)

RAMPAGE (Rhino/Tetsuhiro Kuroda)

CHAOS (Osamu Nishimura/Ishii)

Minnesota Stretching Crew (Benjamin/Lesnar)

The Briscoe Brothres (5SW rep)

B Block:

Ten-Koji (Last Years Winners)

Two Calamities As One (Kenta/Samoa Joe)

Meiyu Tag (Shibata/Goto)

Team Angle (Haas/Angle)

Rated RKO

Cena & Kensuke Sasaki 

Chris Jericho & Mabel 

Cibernetico & El Mesias (fka Ricky Banderas) (CMLL rep)

This Tag League is unlike the previous Tag Leagues for one reason - I have absolutely no plans on the winner. It's not that I forgot, it's that I had Brutal Landslide winning it and defeating Rated RKO at WK for the titles, but then I just said "screw that, I want Orton and Edge in singles matches at WK" and completely shifted. So the winner is even going to be a mystery to me!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Peria said:

B Block:

Cena & Kensuke Sasaki 

First, Hello, Based Department, I'm seeing an offense of the highest caliber,

Secondly, its not much help probably, but THIS SAVE made me want to try something....interesting, so I was looking for a similar product to Modern NJPW (with a little more western flair) and Classic Mainstream Puro seems to be my favorite, as despite the name you don't need storylines, and it has most of the trimmings of the eastern products I've found I enjoy booking alot. Funny enough I actually like using storylines when I'm not required, as its a nice booking tool in conjunction with the notepad.

• Like 1