What's Going on in Your Game?

25 minutes ago, Peria said:

1990. 15 years ago, Naoki Sano won the IWGP Junior Heavyweight. In 2005, at Wrestle Kingdom, he shocked everyone as he defeated Jushin "Thunder" Liger for his 2nd ever reign with the prestigious title. Sano in 1990 was inexperienced but agile and healthy, Sano in 2005? A battered down wily veteran (seriously he has 30s in every health, its bad.) After defeating a hungry Winger for his 2nd defense, he now faces a much more seasoned and tougher competitor in Hayabusa. Can Sano do it again and shock the NJPW fans by defeating another one of the elite Junior Heavyweights? 

This is my favorite part of playing a long term game.  You can bring someone back from 15 years ago and tie it all in together.  I love giving veterans one last run

9 hours ago, Zero said:

This is my favorite part of playing a long term game.  You can bring someone back from 15 years ago and tie it all in together.  I love giving veterans one last run

Yes! Plus I have so many interwoven stories now. Sasaki and Hashimoto being the one I mentioned is a particular favorite just because of how far back it goes. I love long-term games way better than short-term ones. I think the "early game" is the worst part actually. Sure the money becoming a non-factor sucks, but I just don't use it. I don't have a roster of 200 people, I've always kept my roster at around 60-80 people, and remember its a Heavyweight/Junior Heavyweight split too. So it's not a massive amounts of people.

WWF Survivor Series 1995

In a 4 vs 4 Survivor Series Match, The Bad Guys (Razor Ramon, Tatanka, & The Smokin' Gunns) defeated The Million Dollar Corporation (Vader, Sycho Sid, Kama Mustafa, & Dean Malenko).  Razor Ramon was the sole survivor, but was attacked by Vader after the match.

In his WWF debut match, Steve Austin (not yet Stone Cold, though acting like it) defeated Bob Backlund.

In a 4 vs 4 Survivor Series Match, The Blue Bloods (Jerry Lawler, Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Dean Douglas, & Dave Taylor) defeated WWF World Tag Team Champions The Miracle Violence Connection The Southern Boys (Henry Godwinn & Marty Jannetty).  Lawler & Helmsley were the Survivors for their team.  

Mankind defeated The Undertaker by Referee Stoppage after Mankind choked out Undertaker with the Mandible Claw.  This was after Mankind attacked Paul Bearer, stole the Urn, and struck Undertaker with it behind the Referee's back.

In a 4 vs 4 Survivor Series Match, The Heart Breakers (WWF Intercontinental Champion Shawn Michaels, Yokozuna, Rey Mysterio Jr., & Ahmed Johnson) defeated The Golden Guild (Goldust, The British Bulldog, Owen Hart, & Jeff Jarrett).  Michaels & Mysterio were the Survivors for their team.  

In a No Holds Barred Match, Bret Hart defeated Diesel to become the NEW WWF World Heavyweight Champion.  The British Bulldog & Owen Hart would interfere, attacking Diesel.  Diesel (& Shawn Michaels) would fend off Bulldog & Owen, but Bret Hart would use the steel chair that Bulldog brought into the ring and blast Diesel twice in the head!  With Diesel out cold, Bret would lock on the Sharpshooter, leaving the Referee no choice but to call for the bell.  As of right now, Bret Hart swears that he had nothing to do with his brother Owen & brother-in-love Davey interfering in the match.  For some reason...people have their doubts!  

• Like 2

Recently had WrestleMania III in my new WWF 1985 save:

WWF WrestleMania III - Pontiac Silverdome, Pontiac MI - Att: 93485 / BR: 4.37

WWF Heavyweight Title: Hulk Hogan(c) def. Andre The Giant - 87
Rowdy Roddy Piper def. Paul Orndorff - 94
WWF Intercontinental Heavyweight Title: Ricky Steamboat def. Randy Savage(c) - 99
WWF World Tag Team Titles: The Hart Foundation(c) def. The British Bulldogs - 100 (!)
Jake Roberts def. The Honky Tonk Man - 82
No Disqualification: Demolition def. The Road Warriors - 90
WWF National Heavyweight Title: Kerry Von Erich def. Buddy Landel(c) - 80
Terry Funk def. Jerry Lawler - 90
WWF National Tag Team Titles: The Midnight Express(c) def. The Rock'n'Roll Express - 90
 Ron Garvin def. Adorable Adrian Adonis - 74
The Rockers def. The Dream Team - 68
The Can-Am Connection def. The Islanders - 68
WWF WrestleMania III 20 Man Battle Royal Winner: Butch Reed -  74

Show Rating: 95

• Like 1

So WWC is finally going under, debating buying them just because I can. Another developmental I could use. Question is, should I? Are there any updated logos of them laying around anywhere?  

Edit: Found one. Either way, I bought 'em because why not? Another developmental would be nice to have truthfully, as the other 2 (one male/ one female) are getting too crowded for my tastes. First thing I did was fire Bill DeMott, hehehe.

Edited by Peria

Bonus points have been awarded and the second round of hirings has come to an end. This time, I will give my comments.

content.png.db55d1e6e37d1b2e406487e6d1a5e8d9.png

Still unbalanced! The only very popular face here is Chief Jay.

index.jpg.5a906840ae1a3674b9d84d2754e76d96.jpg

A whole lotta nothin' except for Ray Stevens.

content2.jpg.f541c63c7e0229f5b3fd4480fa84027b.jpg

Okay, that's more like it. These guys hereby win round 2.

content.jpg.deb17ff8eb474416df6fd8959e9feae1.jpg

This was a surprise. Lookit all them AJW women!

After this I'll do a few test runs on a copied save. Just to make sure the world keeps it together for awhile.

On 12/17/2022 at 4:59 PM, Shady Tree said:

Recently had WrestleMania III in my new WWF 1985 save:

WWF WrestleMania III - Pontiac Silverdome, Pontiac MI - Att: 93485 / BR: 4.37

WWF Heavyweight Title: Hulk Hogan(c) def. Andre The Giant - 87
Rowdy Roddy Piper def. Paul Orndorff - 94
WWF Intercontinental Heavyweight Title: Ricky Steamboat def. Randy Savage(c) - 99
WWF World Tag Team Titles: The Hart Foundation(c) def. The British Bulldogs - 100 (!)
Jake Roberts def. The Honky Tonk Man - 82
No Disqualification: Demolition def. The Road Warriors - 90
WWF National Heavyweight Title: Kerry Von Erich def. Buddy Landel(c) - 80
Terry Funk def. Jerry Lawler - 90
WWF National Tag Team Titles: The Midnight Express(c) def. The Rock'n'Roll Express - 90
 Ron Garvin def. Adorable Adrian Adonis - 74
The Rockers def. The Dream Team - 68
The Can-Am Connection def. The Islanders - 68
WWF WrestleMania III 20 Man Battle Royal Winner: Butch Reed -  74

Show Rating: 95

Heading towards 1988 after holding the first....

WWF Survivor Series 1987 - Richfield Coliseum, Richfield OH - Att: 21300 / BR: 4.84

Team Hogan v. Team Andre
Andre The Giant, Ted Dibiase, Butch Reed & Demolition def. Hulk Hogan, Kerry Von Erich, Bam Bam Bigelow & The Road Warriors - 87
Survivors: Andre The Giant & Ted Dibiase
Team Savage v. Team Honky
Randy Savage, Jake Roberts, Brutus Beefcake & The British Bulldogs def. The Honky Tonk Man, Terry Funk, Buddy Landel & The Hart Foundation - 84
Survivor: Randy Savage
Team Piper v. Team Flair
Ric Flair, Barry Windham, King Harley Race & The Brainbusters def. Rowdy Roddy Piper, Ricky Steamboat, Jim Duggan & The Rock'n'Roll Express - 90
Survivors: Ric Flair, Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard
Team Orndorff v. Team Rude
Rick Rude, Mr Perfect, Hercules & The Midnight Express def. Paul Orndorff, Lex Luger, Sting & Strike Force - 86
Survivors: Rick Rude & Mr Perfect
------------------------------
Dark Match: Team Warrior v. Team Bad News
The Ultimate Warrior, The Junkyard Dog, The Blue Blazer & The Rockers def. Bad News Brown, The Powers Of Pain & The New Dream Team - 72
Survivor: The Ultimate Warrior

Show Ratiing - 91

• Like 2

The story of TNA so far:

-I started this save in January 2004. Right now, in March 2006, TNA has $16,740,000 and is at Large size.

-I started off my save with a soft reboot when I came into power, which meant giving the belts to people I want to pushed on the first day (Sting & AMW), also deleting sables, and bringing old ones back (Triple X). 

-Unlike in real life, TNA didn’t start doing monthly PPV and Impact! until 2006 (I wanted to re-establish TNA before giving them shows and PPVs), so far they’ve been a success, but my not upgraded production limited the rating on my last PPV, and seeing the cost for production upgrades, it’s gonna be that way for the time being.

-Impact is impact, my main show. Xplosion however is the show use to build up talents, and I’ll often have only Xplosion feuds and storylines.

PPV Lineup

-Final Resolution

-Against All Odds

-Destination X

-Lockdown

-Born for Glory

-Slammiversary

-Turning Point

-Unbreakable

-Genesis

-Bound for Glory

-Scarifice

-Victory Road

-In terms of importance, Bound for Glory is number one, but Born for Glory is also important, kinda like my Summerslam.

Titles

The NWA World Heavyweight Title: People who have been NWA Champs during my save are: Jarrett, Sting (2x) AJ Styles (4x), CM Punk, Christian Cage, and Samoa Joe (Current). So far most of the titles reigns have went without a hinch, except one stinker between Sting and Jarrett. 

The X-Division Title: People who have been X-Division Champs during my save are: Michael Shane, Low-Ki, Chris Sabin, Samoa Joe (who vacated the title due to wanting to focus on the NWA Title), and Christian Cage. I’ve been slowly building the title up with people who can have great matches and long reigns. 

The NWA World Tag Titles: Teams who have been NWA Tag Champs during my save are: 3 Liv Kru (BG James and Konnan), America’s Most Wanted (4x), Triple X (Low-Ki & Elix Skipper), Yoshinari Ogawa & Noamichi Marufuji (dumb alliance title change stuff), Ace Steel & Colt Cabana, Jeff Hardy & The Amazing Red, Abyss & Colt Cabana (Current). I’m gonna be honest, this title usually produces meh matches but with the right champs can produce some bangers as well. 

-In my 2005, Introduced a new Robin Robin tournament for the X-Division: The X-Elevation! Low-Ki is the first winner, having beaten Jeff Hardy in the finals.

Current Storylines & Key Roster, Stables and Teams:

Right I have four factions: The Straight Edge Society, The Canadians, Triple X, and 3 Live Kru

Straight Edge Society: CM Punk (Leader), Abyss, Colt Cabana, Ace Steel, Don Callis, and James Mitchell. Former members: Monty Brown

-What used to be the top faction in TNA, with Punk winning the NWA Title is now under disarray due to the disappearance of CM Punk after his loss to Monty Brown on the last NWA weekly PPV in 2005 and Callis semmingly disapproving of Cabana’s temporary leadership, with Callis saying he’s going to bring in help. At least, Cabana & Abyss have the tag titles. For now….

Triple X: Low-Ki, Christopher Daniels, Elix Skipper

-Whats to say about them? I brought them back together in 2004, and so far, they’ve won the tag belts twice, the X-Division Title once, and Low-Ki won the 2005 X-Elevation. One of the most decorated stables in TNA right now.

The Canadians: Lance Storm, Petey Williams, Eric Young, Robert Roode, and Scott D’Amore

-This is interesting. I brought in Storm as a partner for Williams thinking nothing of him, but in one of the best examples of bringing someone in and then them doing better than you expected, Storm is over as word, has had some high rated matches, and feuded with AJ Styles, Christian Cage, and Sting. He won’t be a world champ anytime soon (maybe I’ll think about it) but he’s definitely gonna get some gold. And if you’re wondering aren’t they called Team Canada yet, they need one more member to seal that name in….

3 Liv Kru:Ron Killings, BG James, Konnan

Tbh this group is one of my biggest flops, they’ve haven’t really done anything except Killings beating Daniels in a ladder match and their feud with the defunct Wave of the Future stable. Gonna end it soon, with Killings becoming a singles guy.

-Jeff Hardy came into TNA in 2004 and has been coaching future high flying talent like Amazing Red, with him & Red even winning the NWA Tag Titles. Now with Matt Sydal coming back, Hardy hopes his lessons were worth teaching

-Speaking of Matt Sydal, he got a shock victory over Hardy at Against All Odds! After a big injury set him back, Sydal is looking to be one of the top stars of 2006.

-Samoa Joe has a 36 match undefeated streak, won the NWA title while holding the X-Division title, and doesn’t look to stop.

-Jeff Jarrett is still around hitting people with guitars and forming alliances.

-AJ Styles has the NWA Jr title right now and is still at his best form.

-Christian Cage is the X-Division champion, but looks to be annoyed with the fans not paying attention to him recently, and also AJ Styles cost him a match against former partner Lance Storm. The Instant Classic is growing more and more frustrated….

-Monty Brown wants to pounce people. Self-explantory. 

-Sting is still the resident hero of wrestling

Ok… did I go over everything? Oh yeah, one more thing. A guy named Kurt Angle is coming soon. You might have heard of him.

22 hours ago, Shady Tree said:

Heading towards 1988 after holding the first....

WWF Survivor Series 1987 - Richfield Coliseum, Richfield OH - Att: 21300 / BR: 4.84

Team Hogan v. Team Andre
Andre The Giant, Ted Dibiase, Butch Reed & Demolition def. Hulk Hogan, Kerry Von Erich, Bam Bam Bigelow & The Road Warriors - 87
Survivors: Andre The Giant & Ted Dibiase
Team Savage v. Team Honky
Randy Savage, Jake Roberts, Brutus Beefcake & The British Bulldogs def. The Honky Tonk Man, Terry Funk, Buddy Landel & The Hart Foundation - 84
Team Piper v. Team Flair
Ric Flair, Barry Windham, King Harley Race & The Brainbusters def. Rowdy Roddy Piper, Ricky Steamboat, Jim Duggan & The Rock'n'Roll Express - 90
Survivors: Ric Flair, Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard
Team Orndorff v. Team Rude
Rick Rude, Mr Perfect, Hercules & The Midnight Express def. Paul Orndorff, Lex Luger, Sting & Strike Force - 86
Survivors: Rick Rude & Mr Perfect
------------------------------
Dark Match: Team Warrior v. Team Bad News
The Ultimate Warrior, The Junkyard Dog, The Blue Blazer & The Rockers def. Bad News Brown, The Powers Of Pain & The New Dream Team - 72
Survivor: The Ultimate Warrior

Show Ratiing - 91

Pleasantly surprised with how well this went:

WWF WrestleMania IV - Trump Plaza, Atlantic City NJ - Att: 19,000/ BR: 4.02

WWF Heavyweight Title Tournament Final Round
Ric Flair def. Randy Savage - 94
WWF World Tag Team Titles:  Demoliton def. The Hart Foundation(c) - 99
WWF Intercontinental Heavyweight Title: The Honky Tonk Man(c) def. Sting - 85
WWF Heavyweight Title Tournament Semi Final Round
Randy Savage def. Ted Dibiase - 90
WWF National Tag Team Titles: The Brainbusters def. Strike Force(c) - 90
Mr Perfect & The Midnight Express def. The Blue Blazer & The British Bulldogs - 83
WWF Heavyweight Title Tournament Quarter Final Round
Ric Flair def. Ricky Steamboat - 90
Randy Savage def. Rick Rude - 80
Hulk Hogan DDQ Andre The Giant - 90
The Road Warriors def. The Powers Of Pain -80
WWF Heavyweight Title Tournament Opening Round
Ted Dibiase def. Paul Orndorff - 70
Ric Flair def. Jake Roberts - 70
Rick Rude def. Kerry Von Erich - 70
Rowdy Roddy Piper DDQ Terry Funk - 69
Ricky Steamboat def. Butch Reed - 70
Randy Savage def. Barry Windham
WrestleMania IV 25 Man Invitational Battle Royal Winner: The Ultimate Warrior -  64

Show Rating: 99

-Shocking turns and betrayals!

-The ULTIMATE X!

-A feud continues!

-Joe vs. Brown!

-And the finals of the X-Elevation!

Destination X 2006 Results!

In other news: I've decided to scrap the Born for Glory name and go with No Surrender. The concept of it being like a Summerslam show will be kept tho.

177461555_Screenshot2022-12-25195043.thumb.png.c202774bb4b9a3d9abe29ae2d53d7398.png701517842_Screenshot2022-12-25195321.thumb.png.0c33485ca29774a944419127e3decf60.png

Edited by SuperRamenmakerOkada
  • Like 2

On 12/23/2022 at 8:25 PM, Shady Tree said:

Pleasantly surprised with how well this went:

WWF WrestleMania IV - Trump Plaza, Atlantic City NJ - Att: 19,000/ BR: 4.02

WWF Heavyweight Title Tournament Final Round
Ric Flair def. Randy Savage - 94
WWF World Tag Team Titles:  Demoliton def. The Hart Foundation(c) - 99
WWF Intercontinental Heavyweight Title: The Honky Tonk Man(c) def. Sting - 85
WWF Heavyweight Title Tournament Semi Final Round
Randy Savage def. Ted Dibiase - 90
WWF National Tag Team Titles: The Brainbusters def. Strike Force(c) - 90
Mr Perfect & The Midnight Express def. The Blue Blazer & The British Bulldogs - 83
WWF Heavyweight Title Tournament Quarter Final Round
Ric Flair def. Ricky Steamboat - 90
Randy Savage def. Rick Rude - 80
Hulk Hogan DDQ Andre The Giant - 90
The Road Warriors def. The Powers Of Pain -80
WWF Heavyweight Title Tournament Opening Round
Ted Dibiase def. Paul Orndorff - 70
Ric Flair def. Jake Roberts - 70
Rick Rude def. Kerry Von Erich - 70
Rowdy Roddy Piper DDQ Terry Funk - 69
Ricky Steamboat def. Butch Reed - 70
Randy Savage def. Barry Windham
WrestleMania IV 25 Man Invitational Battle Royal Winner: The Ultimate Warrior -  64

Show Rating: 99

Feeling the heat with..

WWF SummerSlam 1988 - Madison Square Garden, New York City NY - Att: 18,200 / BR: 3.44

WWF Heavyweight Title: Ric Flair(c) def. Randy Savage - 100
War Games: Hulk Hogan, Roddy Piper, Sting & The Road Warriors def. Ted Dibiase, Andre The Giant, Terry Funk & The Twin Towers - 85
WWF World Tag Team Titles: Demolition(c) def. The British Bulldogs - 90
WWF Intercontinental Heavyweight Title: The Ultimate Warrior def. The Honky Tonk Man(c) - 76
Mr Perfect def. Ricky Steamboat - 95
WWF National Tag Team Titles: The Brainbusters(c) def. The Rockers - 77
WWF National Heavyweight Title: Lex Luger(c) def. Rick Rude - 83
The Fabulous Rougeau Brothers def. Strike Force - 80
Jake Roberts def. Barry Windham - 80
The Hart Foundation def. The Midnight Express - 93

Show Rating - 100

Edited by Shady Tree

My champions are in the champions thread from several days ago, so I won't go over that again, not too much has changed

Big things going on- I'm nearing the end of my protected first month after moving to Big, getting ready to feud with the top companies.  I've had issues where the last % pop gain bumped a number of people down to unrecognizable, so I've been loading my shows with more top talent than usual trying to get the ratings high to keep from dropping, while also trying to build new people up to recognizable status - it can be difficult with a roster of over 200.  Mighty Mo is incoming.  I also recently signed Damien Carvil to beef up my announce team since I was getting penalties

I opened up a second performance center that I will max out next month (balancing expenses to minimize taxes) and I purchased FCW to be another development promotion (I also started a version of TNA early on that is a feeder and started a very small company in India as a foreign feeder as well, but needed something bigger in the US that has a product closer to mine).  I had propped them up financially a few times and just decided it was time to buy them out since half of their talents work for me anyway.

Stables are a starting to pop.   I have the following.

The Dark Circle - An evil cult group.  Scythe (All -American champ), Aldous Blackfriar, Original Sinner, Supermassive Destroyer, and Stacy Clementi.  Blackfriar has taken off, trying to build up the other two guys to be a massive tag team, but they are still unrecognizable.  May add Seth Whitehead since I can't find a tag partner or a feud for him and he looks evil.

The Elite - Davis Wayne Newton, Nelson Callum, and Ash Campbell turned their back on Doc Hammond (former leader) a few months ago, replacing him with the debuting Edd Stone.  David Stone has also joined the group.  Edd stone might bring them their first title soon (X - Division) particularly if I can steal Freddy Huggins, who will then also join the group.

The Viper's Nest - kind of my version of the flock, struggling to get over due to my popularity soaring much faster than these workers.  The core three are Mimic, Dagger, and Cobra.  Janus is a more recent member and his tag partner Andrew Harper is trying to get him to leave the group

The 3rd Street Saints - soon to Debut, not 100% sure this will be the name.  Spencer Spade and Kurt Laramee are tag champs (3rd time).  They we're heels but Space turned face after Primus turned heel and went nuts on him when he couldn't beat him in a no.1 contenders match.  Laramee is getting sick of Spade focusing on a singles title while they are tag champs and will turn on him when he fights Scythe for the title and then after they feud a bit this group will form with Laramee as the leader.  Using this to help catapult Spade even higher before he gets the title.  He's in the process of becoming my first ever figurehead.  All of the guys that will be in this group have been signed.

Also looking at making the wolfpack to back up Logan Wolfsbaine since he's slow to ascend to recognizable status despite being the TV champ.

There's also an informal alliance with Curt Merrit, Ozzy Goldstein, and Hugh de aske in the TV title scene

In other news,

I dropped plans to have Dreadnought lose yet, so he's still undefeated and start to face top level opponents for his Legends belt.  Have a different plan for his first loss now.  Her's currently 70-0

I haven't found a worthy person to take the women's Knockout title off of Felicia Luck, who is well over 250 days now as the 1st champ.  I signed Electric Dreamer to torment her and get it in a surprise victory (Dreamer had no pop in the US, Felicia is 58).  Dreamer hasn't had a match yet, but is up to 16 pop with angles, but is aweful at her gimmick, so I'm trying to decide what to do now.  I had a chance to sign Alicia Strong who would be higher pop (73) than Felicia, but she couldn't leave her USPW booker position, so even if I offered 1M/month, she was out.

I'm about 40 days away from my first dojo graduate

And lastly, my budget is getting interesting.  I think I'll be ok because prior to this month (during which I made some investments and will likely be slightly in the red) I was pulling in 10M+ pre-tax.  However, the investments add some cost.  My new signings add some cost and I'm slowly converting people on very cheap contracts to exclusive ones, but needing to give them significant raises in the process.

Soon I need to start planning the survival of the sickest tournament again, as I'm about 5 months out.  It will be at least a field of 64, maybe 128.  Winner gets the Kingman Invitational Trophy and a shot at the All-American belt.  I can post here like I used to in TEW 2016 if people are interested.

• Like 1

On 12/26/2022 at 3:20 PM, Shady Tree said:

Feeling the heat with..

WWF SummerSlam 1988 - Madison Square Garden, New York City NY - Att: 18,200 / BR: 3.44

WWF Heavyweight Title: Ric Flair(c) def. Randy Savage - 100
War Games: Hulk Hogan, Roddy Piper, Sting & The Road Warriors def. Ted Dibiase, Andre The Giant, Terry Funk & The Twin Towers - 85
WWF World Tag Team Titles: Demolition(c) def. The British Bulldogs - 90
WWF Intercontinental Heavyweight Title: The Ultimate Warrior def. The Honky Tonk Man(c) - 76
Mr Perfect def. Ricky Steamboat - 95
WWF National Tag Team Titles: The Brainbusters(c) def. The Rockers - 77
WWF National Heavyweight Title: Lex Luger(c) def. Rick Rude - 83
The Fabulous Rougeau Brothers def. Strike Force - 80
Jake Roberts def. Barry Windham - 80
The Hart Foundation def. The Midnight Express - 93

Show Rating - 100

Finishing up 1988 with:

WWF Survivor Series 1988 - Richfield Coliseum, Richfield OH - Att: 21,300 / BR: 4.35

The Mega Powers v. The Four Horsemen
Hulk Hogan, Kerry Von Erich & The Legion Of Doom def. Ric Flair, Barry Windham & The Brainbusters - 90
Survivor: Hulk Hogan
The Warriors v. Rude's Brood
Rick Rude, Mr Perfect & Demoliton def. The Ultimate Warrior, Ricky Steamboat & The British Bulldogs - 91
Survivors: Rick Rude, Mr Perfect, Ax & Smash
Team Madness v. The  Million $ Team
Randy Savage, Sting & The Rockers def. Ted Dibiase, Bam Bam Bigelow & The Midnight Express - 81
The Vipers v. The Colossal Connection
Andre The Giant, Hercules & The Twin Towers def. Jake Roberts, Lex Luger & Strike Force - 80
Survivors: Andre The Giant, Akeem & Big Boss Man
Roddy's Rowdies v. Rhythm & Blues
Roddy Piper, Brutus Beefcake & The Hart Foundation def. The Honky Tonk Man, Terry Funk & The Fabulous Rougeaus - 87
Survivors: Roddy Piper & Bret Hart
---------------------------------------
Dark Match: The 5x4's v. Badd Company
Jim Duggan, Koko B. Ware, The Blue Blazer & The Steiner Brothers def. Bad News Brown, The Islanders & Doom - 77
Survivors: Rick & Scott Steiner

Show Rating: 94

How amazing was Syuri vs. Giulia? My God.

Anyways, NJPW 1992-2005, BOSJ is now booked, the Road to Dontaku begins. Being a Junior Heavyweight focused month, I will just talk about that!

Major Stories for the Juniors:

Naoki Sano at Wrestle Kingdom this year shocked everyone when he defeated Jushin "Thunder" Liger at the age of 40! (Liger is also 40 but Sano hasn't won the title 12 other times before this) making Sano the longest gap between two title reigns! (89-2005) Hayabusa had managed to end his title reign in an shocking defeat for Sano, who perhaps got too cocky after besting Winger. Now Sano must scratch and claw his way to the top, but at his age and with the wear and tear on his body could he do it? Perhaps his final chance is through a grueling BOSJ.

Hayabusa has been struggling to recapture that babyface fire he once had, and has admittedly fizzled out. 1998 was his last singles victory, and his last and only BOSJ win was 1996. Granted he did capture tag team gold with Liger, but it was a short-lived reign and many felt the two should have had a stranglehold on the belts. With the influx of talented Juniors from both Japan and overseas (especially Mexico) making their presence known, Hayabusa needed an edge. The week before BOSJ began, Hayabusa answered an open challenge call from Naoki Sano after Sano had managed to thwart Winger (who beat Sano at last years BOSJ) and sported a newer look (its just a black mask but that means he has an edge now in wrestling logic ok?) A more aggressive and less flashier Hayabusa, no longer playing to the crowd and riding off his previous name value and merits, made quick work of Sano and finally recaptured the title. He finished the tournament 2nd in his block, losing in an upset to Gedo of all people. 

MAZADA: The Suzuki-gun punk rudo (before Taka made it cool, sure) showed up in NJPW by breaking every rule imaginable with the help of Hooligan, MAZADA since his debut has beaten better opponents through sheer trickery and deception, and you wouldn't know it but he is very accomplished, winning the Junior Heavyweight tag titles twice with Hooligan, and shocking everyone when he won the singles title from Rey Misterio Jr back in 2002. MAZADA is always a threat, tasked by Suzuki to make a name for Suzuki in this tournament as Hooligan did not make the cut this year, MAZADA is more motivated than ever (or perhaps scared)

Rey Misterio Jr: A tale of tragedy for the Mexican high-flyer. Losing in the finals twice in a row, losing to Liger every single year, being betrayed by Eddie Guerrero, his former tag partner. Rey has had an awful 3 years. A funk that hasn't seemed to end. This year he vowed to stop trying to jump up the mountain, and instead climb. He finally did defeat Liger, in a fantastic match, but he would lose to Eddie Gurerrero and with it his chances to finish the tournament. Perhaps once again deflated, Misterio finished weakly, at just 8 points. The former champion at this point needs to do something, or perhaps he will find himself lost in the shuffle.

Outside of MAZADA, these were the big stories I had planned out. Only Rey's is multi-year. Hayabusa had been struggling because I've just been booking Liger a lot more strongly as Liger is getting up age. Of course so is Hayabusa so. Either way the finals were actually Naoki Sano vs. MAZADA. Sano would end up on top, giving us Hayabusa vs. Sano II at Dontaku. Funnily enough this was supposed to be Great Sasuke's spot, but I fucked up and had Ultimo Dragon beat him, and Sasuke had no way of going past Ultimo who had 12 points and a win over Sasuke lmao, so MAZADA actually did what he was supposed to do. The plan was for MAZADA to get to the finals either way though. I was toying with the idea of going Mazada vs. Hayabusa, as this was probably the only time I'll put him in the finals, and Hayabusa was never losing the title at Dontaku but Naoki Sano has been fun to book.

The Rise of WWE

I started as WCW in May of 2001. It's now Week 3 of February 2004. I bought out ECW and WWF and run them as brands (Shockwave an SmackDown) along with my WCW brand (Nitro)

Here's what happened at Sin (2004) for the Nitro brand.

We're at the Frank Erwin Center in Austin, Texas, on the campus of the University of Texas. There are 17,900 folks packed into the capacity crowd. The pre-show is being broadcast on the company's website, with Mike Tenay leading a broadcast team that includes Greg Valentine and Stan Hansen.

The first match is between Christian and Matt Hardy (with Trish Stratus). Two of our top young stars who have sputtered after their last feuds, and neither of them have been slotted in for anything big. The match was good, though, and ended with Matt Hardy hitting a Twist of Fate for the pinfall at 12:37. Score:  82

Following that up, we saw a feature from our Cruiserweight Division as Billy Kidman (with Torrie Wilson) took on Elix Skipper. A hot, car crash of a match that saw Kidman hitting the Shooting Star Press for the victory at 11:13. Score:  80

The final pre-show match was a four corners tag team match between The Dark Order's WCW Television Champion Abyss and Vampiro (with Synn in their corner), The Calgary Bulldogs (Harry Smith and TJ Wilson (with Nattie Neidhart), The Entourage's "Mean Mark" Canterbury and "Terrible Tracy" Smothers (with "Ruthless Ron" Bass), and The Lords of the Ring (Nick Dinsmore and Rob Conway). It was a well-paced, hard-hitting affair that saw a lot of action with the Calgary Bulldogs carrying the load, although Abyss and Vampiro did their share of the lifting, and it was Vampiro hitting a Nail in the Coffin on Dinsmore for the pinfall victory at 18:25. Score:  75

That brings up the main show, broadcast live on USA Network, TSN, Televisa, Nippon TV, Sky Box Office, Main Event, and Sony Ten. The commentary team is Jonathan Coachman, Jerry Lawler, and The Honky Tonk Man. They welcome the audience from the commentary desk.

The throw backstage to an interview conducted by Gary Michael Cappetta. He's interviewing "Double J" Jeff Jarrett, whose man Rob Van Dam is challenging Shawn Michaels tonight for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship.

The action starts with NWA Intercontinental Heavyweight Championship against Marc Mero. In a solid technical match, they drew at 20:00 when the time limit expired. It was a solid match but disappointing due to Mero's lack of conditioning. The draw meant that Severn retained the title. Score:  73

The next match was in the ring quickly, as D-Generation X's Lance Garrison, Road Dogg, and X-Pac (with Shawn Michaels stalking ringside) set up to go toe-to-toe with The Devastation Corporation's WCW United States Heavyweight Champion John Cena, Junior Fatu, and Mike Awesome (with Clarence Mason). The match was a feature for Cena and Garrison, who carried the load for their teams before settling in to face off against each other. Garrison hit his Lariat on Cena to gain the pinfall at 10:48, leading to speculation about the status of the U.S. Title. Score:  73

Mike Tenay is shown backstage next to interview WCW World Heavyweight Champion Tony Davidson. Davidson spoke strongly, showing humor and confidence ahead of his match tonight against WWF's Brock Lesnar in the main event. Score: 83

We're back to the ring as a video recap shows the burgeoning feud that's taken place mostly in ECW between Sean Morley and the NWA Interstate Champion Johnny the Bull. The next chapter of their feud plays out tonight as Morley teams with the new WCW Cruiserweight Champion Jushin Thunder Liger to face Johnny and his fellow client of Bill Alfonso, Minoru Fujita. The match showcased Johnny and Morley's brawling ability and Fujita and Liger's athleticism, and was a decently-built affair. Morley ended up submitting Fujita with a Reverse Figure Four at 10:32. Score:  74

In a brief interview segment, Konnan is interviewed by Todd Pettengill to point out that his L.A.X. guys Hernandez and Homicide will take down The Trailblazers tonight to win the NWA World Tag Team Championship. Score:  59

That match is up next, as the Trailblazers (Chuck Palumbo and Sean O'Haire), accompanied by Torrie Wilson, goes to face L.A.X. (Hernandez and Homicide) (with Konnan and Tygress) for the titles. Hernandez and Homicide are rapidly improving, and time's on their sie,, but that time is not tonight as Palumbo submitted Homicide with a Torture Rack at 13:29. Score:  79

Sid Vicious, who made a dominant return on Nitro this past week, is backstage to cut an interview on the man he challenged after his dominant return victory:  NWA United States Heavyweight Champion Lance Storm. Despite some well-publicized flubs, this menacing promo shows that Sid knows what he's doing on the mic. Score:  67

Sid is out to challenge Storm next, and Storm is accompanied by his New Era Hart Foundation leader Bret Hart. Sid makes quick work out of old Lance, though, beating him with a Powerbomb in dominating fashion at 3:16. And Sid Vicious is the new NWA United States Heavyweight Champion. Score:  60

In the aftermath, Bret gets in the ring and gets face-to-face...well...face-to-chest with Sid, challening him. New NWA United States Heavyweight Champion Sid Vicious just laughs menacingly at Bret. Score:  84

Scott Hudson has GoldBook (Booker T and Goldust) backstage. Both men get into the action, talking about beating America's Most Wanted for the WCW World Tag Team Championship. Booker is serious and Goldust is kinda goofy, but their mix works. Score:  61

WCW World Tag Team Champions America's Most Wanted (Chris Harris and JP Black) (with Gail Kim) defends their titles against Booker T and Goldust (with Sharmell) next. It's a solid match, and AMW have grown remarkably, but it's pretty obvious who has to go over in this one, and Booker T pins Harris after a Scissors Kick at 12:30. And GoldBook are the new WCW World Tag Team Champions. Score:  82

It's time for a hot HBK promo as the talks about defending the title tonight against Rob Van Dam. Score:  77

NWA World Heavyweight Champion Shawn Michaels (with Lance Garrison, Road Dogg, and X-Pac) goes out to defend the title against Rob Van Dam (with "Double J" Jeff Jarrett, Perry Saturn, and Shelton Benjamin). Both men sell out and leave it all in the ring. False finishes abound, but the finish that's not false is RVD hitting a Five Star Frog Splash to get the pinfall at 17:11. And Rob Van Dam is the new NWA World Heavyweight Champion. Score:  91

We all take a breather as the next match hits. Hey, it has to be done. And the team of Joanie Wonder (with ECW Women's Champion Tara Victoria) and Pure Evil (Daffney and Shelly Martinez) face the team of NWA Women's Champion Lita, Mickie James, and WWE Women's Champion Molly Green. It's a short match, and it's Joanie Wonder hitting a Powerbomb on Molly Green for the pinfall at 7:54. Score:  75

Scott Hudson is backstage to talk to Paul Heyman and Brock Lesnar. Well...mainly Paul Heyman. Heyman says that Davidson is the top guy in the business, but Lesnar has a habit of breaking top guys...and that will continue tonight. Score:  69

The main event has WCW World Heavyweight Champion Tony Davidson defending his title against former WWF World Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar. Their match builds slowly. Lesnar kicks out of a Shotgun Kick and the first Tornado, and Davidson escapes a Brock Lock and kicks out of an F5. Finally, its a second Tornado that finishes Lesnar, and Davidson gets the pinfall at 25:27 to retain the WCW World Heavyweight Championship. Score:  99

Overall Show Score:  91

On 12/29/2022 at 8:44 PM, Shady Tree said:

Finishing up 1988 with:

WWF Survivor Series 1988 - Richfield Coliseum, Richfield OH - Att: 21,300 / BR: 4.35

The Mega Powers v. The Four Horsemen
Hulk Hogan, Kerry Von Erich & The Legion Of Doom def. Ric Flair, Barry Windham & The Brainbusters - 90
Survivor: Hulk Hogan
The Warriors v. Rude's Brood
Rick Rude, Mr Perfect & Demoliton def. The Ultimate Warrior, Ricky Steamboat & The British Bulldogs - 91
Survivors: Rick Rude, Mr Perfect, Ax & Smash
Team Madness v. The  Million $ Team
Randy Savage, Sting & The Rockers def. Ted Dibiase, Bam Bam Bigelow & The Midnight Express - 81
The Vipers v. The Colossal Connection
Andre The Giant, Hercules & The Twin Towers def. Jake Roberts, Lex Luger & Strike Force - 80
Survivors: Andre The Giant, Akeem & Big Boss Man
Roddy's Rowdies v. Rhythm & Blues
Roddy Piper, Brutus Beefcake & The Hart Foundation def. The Honky Tonk Man, Terry Funk & The Fabulous Rougeaus - 87
Survivors: Roddy Piper & Bret Hart
---------------------------------------
Dark Match: The 5x4's v. Badd Company
Jim Duggan, Koko B. Ware, The Blue Blazer & The Steiner Brothers def. Bad News Brown, The Islanders & Doom - 77
Survivors: Rick & Scott Steiner

Show Rating: 94

WWF WrestleMania V - Trump Plaza, Atlantic City NJ - Att: 19,000/BR: 6.84

WWF Championship: Hulk Hogan def. Ric Flair(c) - 98
Randy Savage def. Ted Dibiase - 98
WWF World Tag Team Titles: The Hart Foundation def. Demolition(c) - 100
WWF Intercontinental Heavyweight Title: Rick Rude def. The Ultimate Warrior(c) - 81
Jake Roberts def. Andre The Giant by DQ - 70
Mr Perfect def. Rowdy Roddy Piper - 90
WWF National Heavyweight Title: Lex Luger def. Rick Martel(c) - 78
The Great Muta def. Ricky Steamboat - 85
The Legion Of Doom def. The Twin Towers - 78
Kerry Von Erich def. Tully Blanchard - 70
WWF National Tag Team Titles: The Midnight Express def. The Rockers(c) - 82
The British Bulldogs def. Doom - 78
Tito Santana & The Bushwhackers def. The Honky Tonk Man & The Fabulous Rougeaus - 69
The Steiner Brothers def. The Islanders - 70
The WrestleMania V Invitational Battle Royal Winner: Sting - 77

Show Rating - 100
Have been running the same number of matches on each PPV as happened in real life. With so many matches on this card I thought I had sabotaged the show by having to cut so much time in the early matches but thankfully the top 3 matches in particular delivered huge. 

Trying to get back into my CGC game with the C-Verse 1997 mod. It's now 2006, and I've come into a tricky/fun backstage issue.

The youngest of the DeColt boys, Ricky, is 21 at this point, and even though I've tried not to push him, he's accidentally risen up the card and has gotten a little too big for his boots. He's developed an ego, he's made some enemies, and one of those is Athos D'Olivier. A custom character who has been a consistent part of my roster since 1998, he's not Ricky's biggest enemy backstage, but he is the one who has started turning the rest of the locker room against the youngster. There are now half a dozen counts of Strong Dislike. Twice that of simmering tension. Fate straight up hates him. It's mostly lower card guys, but recently important CGC names like Nate Johnson, Sean Deeley, and Dan DaLay has started grumbling about Ricky. 

You'd think the easy option would be to fire Athos before he can turn more members of the locker room against Ricky. However, Athos is George DeColt's protege, and the DeColt Patriarch won't let me fire him. I've sent Athos on paid vacation, to temporarily get him out of the way, but that can't be a permanent solution. His contract comes up in 5 months, but there's no chance George doesn't re-sign him. This is a pickle. At some point something would explode, and I'm not sure if that will be fun or not. 

I did chuckle when, a week after sending Athos on vacation, he moved to The Maritimes; the other side of the country and home base of my rivals, NOTBPW. Clearly hedging his bets.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Self said:

Trying to get back into my CGC game with the C-Verse 1997 mod. It's now 2006, and I've come into a tricky/fun backstage issue.

The youngest of the DeColt boys, Ricky, is 21 at this point, and even though I've tried not to push him, he's accidentally risen up the card and has gotten a little too big for his boots. He's developed an ego, he's made some enemies, and one of those is Athos D'Olivier. A custom character who has been a consistent part of my roster since 1998, he's not Ricky's biggest enemy backstage, but he is the one who has started turning the rest of the locker room against the youngster. There are now half a dozen counts of Strong Dislike. Twice that of simmering tension. Fate straight up hates him. It's mostly lower card guys, but recently important CGC names like Nate Johnson, Sean Deeley, and Dan DaLay has started grumbling about Ricky. 

You'd think the easy option would be to fire Athos before he can turn more members of the locker room against Ricky. However, Athos is George DeColt's protege, and the DeColt Patriarch won't let me fire him. I've sent Athos on paid vacation, to temporarily get him out of the way, but that can't be a permanent solution. His contract comes up in 5 months, but there's no chance George doesn't re-sign him. This is a pickle. At some point something would explode, and I'm not sure if that will be fun or not. 

I did chuckle when, a week after sending Athos on vacation, he moved to The Maritimes; the other side of the country and home base of my rivals, NOTBPW. Clearly hedging his bets.

That’s some intense drama I love it. It’s a natural story.