Community Modding Discussion Thread

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dalton" data-cite="Dalton" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47537" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>On the settings screen, there should be a button that says "Convert to database" or something similar</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> thank you <span class="ipsEmoji">☺️</span></p><p> </p><p> I want to create a mod that has been simulated from 1970 to 2021, and then use that as a base.</p>

Hey! I'm sure this has been discussed already elsewhere, but as the search engine for this site tends to make me want to hit my head against a wall, I thought I'd just ask here: Is there a reason why in just about every real world mod it seems that the PPV buy rates are way out of proportion? For example in my current save with WWF on Fleisch's (absolutely brilliant) 1992 mod I'm getting 1.2-1.3M buys, while WCW is getting 500-600k. I've encountered this issue in just about every single mod I've tried. I usually just fix it by dropping the broadcasters size 2-3 notches so that every company that's big enough for PPV isn't necessarily just swimming in cash, but does this have some other effects to the game that I haven't realised? Because not to sound like a dick, but surely if it doesn't it would be standard procedure right? So what am I missing? I don't mean to attack the modders, I thoroughly appreciate their work, and couldn't dream of having the patience and skill to do what they do, but I just can't understand this particular issue.

Hey! I'm sure this has been discussed already elsewhere, but as the search engine for this site tends to make me want to hit my head against a wall, I thought I'd just ask here: Is there a reason why in just about every real world mod it seems that the PPV buy rates are way out of proportion? For example in my current save with WWF on Fleisch's (absolutely brilliant) 1992 mod I'm getting 1.2-1.3M buys, while WCW is getting 500-600k. I've encountered this issue in just about every single mod I've tried. I usually just fix it by dropping the broadcasters size 2-3 notches so that every company that's big enough for PPV isn't necessarily just swimming in cash, but does this have some other effects to the game that I haven't realised? Because not to sound like a dick, but surely if it doesn't it would be standard procedure right? So what am I missing? I don't mean to attack the modders, I thoroughly appreciate their work, and couldn't dream of having the patience and skill to do what they do, but I just can't understand this particular issue.

I'm not a modmaker by any means but from what I have gathered, the buyrates are off because the income made from them is not equal to what it is IRL, i.e. companies would be making like no money if it were true to life. So the only way to fix it is to inflate buyrate.

I could be wrong here, but I think that is why

Alliance question... So blatantly stealing from a few other mods that had it sent up this, The Yes Mod has the Mexican Commission as an alliance. The Mexican National titles are set up as alliance titles. All Mexico-based companies are part of the alliance. This is the most accurate way to simulate the Mexican National belts, which are promoted by specific companies (rarely and poorly) but not on a permanent basis. The issue I'm having is that setting up as a loan alliance has workers borrowed back and forth between CMLL and AAA. What's the "least impactful" alliance option that doesn't really do anything for the companies beyond allow them to share titles?

This has plagued me as well and my fix has been the territorial type. Where they only run their home region, which works out since most Mexican promotions active run out of the Centro region. Not a perfect fix but the one I’m testing now.

• 2 weeks later...
Is there a way to give and take atrributes on a specific date or during a timeframe? Like, when I build a real world Mod and have Shawn Michaels in it I would like to give him the Egomaniac Attribute in the 90s but take it away in 2002. Can't find anything for it in the narratives so is there another way to do this?

• 3 weeks later...
A quick question if anyone can help I made a blank background and put it in the logo folder with the name _Blank Background.jpg but it is not showing up in the game the same way others do so on none promotion screens the gif just shows up with nothing behind it if that makes sense, I must be doing something wrong just cannot figure out what?

A quick question if anyone can help I made a blank background and put it in the logo folder with the name _Blank Background.jpg but it is not showing up in the game the same way others do so on none promotion screens the gif just shows up with nothing behind it if that makes sense, I must be doing something wrong just cannot figure out what?

I THINK it has to do with the skin? The skin folder should have some files that you would need to replace.

Quick question because some tests I made didn't turn at all like I wanted.

If I wanted to have a small company (as in 0 pop) to get sent workers by a bigger one (say, ROH) without being owned forever by said bigger company, but the relationship to last at least a year or two, how would I do that ? Currently, after a few days in the save, ROH ends the relationship and aren't interested to renew it as they deem my company too small.

However, I don't know if, playing as a child company, I can ever take my freedom and technically speaking, the company I play with isn't so much ROH's child company than a "secondary dojo" of sorts that happen to do shows every once in a while.

So is there something I'm missing ? Or should I just tick "Accepts excursions"/"Accepts Developmental" from ROH, have the most positive opinion of each others and cross fingers that it lasts this time ?

PS: Sorry if it isn't the right place to ask, but since it's related to editing I figured it'd be.

• 2 weeks later...
This has probably been asked before, but it's a question that begs repeating every few months. What would everyone say is the most polished, complete mod out there right now available for TEW2020?

Derek-B's 97' C-Verse mod is, IMO, the most complete fictional mod.

It's only been a few days since release but Mammoth's Shifting Sands plays really well and once a number of missing workers are added it'll be tremendous.

Once it's released I fully expect the Thunderverse will be possibly the most polished and complete one. The team put a hell of a lot of work into that.

You need MS Access installed, so first get that if you don't already have it, then:

Start a Game > Options > Create MDB File (next one under Turn To Database) > Create File > then in explorer navigate to your Save Games in your GDS folder > Under The Save Game folder for that save you'll now see a folder which reads MDBFiles, go into that > Open the newly created MDB file > On the left hand list of the MDB file scroll down to workers and double click it > Click the grid > Ctrl +A > Ctrl +C > Open Excel (or Open or Lib Sheets or whatever ya got) > Click your grid in excel > Right Click > Paste Special > select Text > Ok!

Then you'll have a spreadsheet with all the wold's worker data on it! You'll prob want to delete the Profile column immediately so the massses of text don't make it look all bad. But you can slice and dice from there!

Going back to this - is there any possibility to reintegrate changes made via Excel to the data into the game or is the only option to do edits on game files within in the game?

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know of a way to get titles defended more often on TV and also changing hands more often?

I have a company, BOH on my alt 2018 CVerse mod, with one A TV and one B TV show, both 2 hours, the owner and booker has "Car Crash" for title change frequency. The belts all have defended on TV as "often"

It does say the title reigns works with the product, the product is "Gritty Adult Noir" which I would have assumed would be a product with lots of changes but no where on the consequences does it say if it is or not

Every test run I do the primary title changes hands only once all year, and the secondary belts three times at most (usually twice though) and sometimes the belts are defended as low as 6 times

Weirdly a common theme seems to be a month where it is defended every week, followed by up to 3 or 4 months of no defences, which seems odd when set to often

I'm going to try a test run with the setting as "where possible" but I also don't want them defended every single week. I just thought having car crash for the title frequency would have a major title changing hands more than once a year, but I wondering if it is because of the no events? As I see more conservative promotions having belts change hands more often

• 2 weeks later...

Historical Mod

Hi all!

New to the game...wondering if there is a historical mod that lets you play through all of wrestling history with real historical wrestlers, wrestling in the time they wrestled...not just one that sets up a certain era or has all historical superstars dumped in one pool

i.e. something close to Out of the Park Baseball?

Hi all!

New to the game...wondering if there is a historical mod that lets you play through all of wrestling history with real historical wrestlers, wrestling in the time they wrestled...not just one that sets up a certain era or has all historical superstars dumped in one pool

No, not really. It would be an insane amount of work. Best you'd really be able to do is play a bunch of different mods in chronological order.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="lazorbeak" data-cite="lazorbeak" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47537" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>As a follow-up to my post about understanding how TEW measures the world solely by wrestling fans, here's a post about broadcasters, or why you shouldn't just set coverage as uniform across every country.<p> </p><p> Like I mentioned earlier, TEW by its nature doesn't count everyone in the world, it counts everyone that might be considered a wrestling fan, from the grandma who watches TV but never buys merch, to the hardcores who go to every live show. In the U.S., that's about 10 million people across 11 regions (between 2 and 3% of the population).</p><p> </p><p> Mods generally use national broadcasting deals, but when you break it down by region you can see what the numbers mean and how you can fix issues that come up from population differences across regions.</p><p> </p><p> To test this, I made a series of fake broadcasters (Test TS, Test GL, Test SW, etc.), and set WWF at a 90 across the board with a high industry and gave them a primetime slot for each broadcaster. Here's the results for two weeks of testing:</p><p> </p><p> Tri-State, enormous: 1.18, 1.14, max of 886,693 viewers. Minimum quality: 89.</p><p> Great Lakes, huge: .78, .78: max of 587,338 viewers. Minimum quality: 89.</p><p> Mid-Atlantic, very big: .54, .51, max of 410,170 viewers. Minimum quality: 82.</p><p> Mid-South, big: .41, .41, max of 311,659 viewers. Minimum quality: 75.</p><p> Mid-West, medium: .19, .19, max of 146,194 viewers. Minimum quality: 68.</p><p> New England, small: .08, .08, max of 62,936 viewers. Minimum quality: 61.</p><p> Northwest, very small: .04, .04, 37,136 minimum quality: 54.</p><p> Southeast, tiny: .01, .01, max viewers: 8,463 Minimum quality: 47.</p><p> </p><p> I couldn't keep the test going, because the AI immediately signed new broadcasting deals and took lower time-slots for the enormous and huge deals, and eventually the very big deal too. I also simmed through from January to Wrestlemania, and WWF ran a stadium show in front of 81,000, with 1.2 million buys from Viewers Choice (a number WWE never hit until 2011), even with Puerto Rico set to "none."</p><p> </p><p> So with an enormous broadcaster, a 90 popularity, and a primetime show, you can pull, at absolute best, just about a million people in a region. The Tri-State has about 40 million people, with Kanto just above that (circa 43), and the U.S. Southwest above that (over 50 in California). So you're looking at 1/40 of the total population of a region as a peak, since the Tri-State is one of the biggest wrestling hubs.</p><p> </p><p> Broadcaster size scales down, first at about 2/3, then begins cutting in half from big to medium and every level below that, until tiny, which is closer to 1/4 of very small.</p><p> </p><p> So what does this mean for mod-makers? The AI is going to struggle to pull better than 75s, so somewhere between "medium" and "big" is probably where most cable networks need to be, with "very big" and "enormous" reserved for the biggest networks.</p><p> </p><p> But what about Puerto Rico and Hawaii? Puerto Rico has a population of 3.5 million people, and Hawaii has a population of 1.4 million people. That means they are 1/10 and 1/20 the size of the Tri-State area. A medium-level broadcaster for a promotion with 90 popularity is going to get 40% of the total population of the population of Puerto Rico: since TEW seems to be operating under the philosophy that there are, optimistically, 10 million wrestling fans in the U.S., that's a crazy number. If you keep the ratio the same, you get that Puerto Rico having 3 million people means they'd have, at best, 40,000 fans, and no broadcaster should be bigger than "small," and that includes PPVs (since Puerto Rico is mostly non-English, PPVs should probably be set at 'tiny' or 'none'). Hawaii is even smaller, so no broadcaster should be bigger than "very small." Along with fixing popularity in these regions, this should keep the AI from running stadium shows in these regions. It also lets historical mods run Puerto Rico as a big regional power that has no crossover: Puerto Rico's territory can run stadium shows once a year and still be completely isolated from every other region.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Does this work worldwide? Example, population of The Maritimes is under 2 million so no coverage should be higher than very small. Or is it different because Canada works differently?</p>

Hi all!

Mammoth's Territory Daze mod starts in 1970 and that's about as good as it's going to get to in terms of starting point to playing LT with RW workers.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question about venues. What makes a venue a 'hotbed' for the purposes of a mod? I know what it is in real life (ECW Arena, American Legion Hall in Reseda, Tokyo Dome, etc.), but I'm struggling to determine what makes a venue a 'hotbed' versus having high importance.

For example, Allstate Arena in Chicago. WWE runs all their TV and PPVs there when they run Chicago and they've had very memorable shows there in the past. Is it considered a hotbed? Or does it just have high importance because they run it so often?

Does anyone have rough numbers of what attendance a company should get at a show run in a certain area? Or has anyone crunched those numbers somewhere?

For example: WCCW could get an attendance in Texas of 18,000 for a big show, and around 4,000 for TV and smaller Texas shows. So what would their Mid-South popularity be?

Just a quick question, as I searched the thread and couldn't see the answer outright.

Is the act of creating new workers as simple as making them in a new game, the in-game editor, and then exporting that as a database? Or is there someway to import/export stuff to excel for example?