General Gameplay Questions Thread

Click on the name of one of your workers. Click the "Give Bonuses Or Time Off" button. Change the dropdown to Entire Roster

Took me a bit to find that myself.

When your in the bonus screen theres an entire roster option still as shown in this attachment

Thanks! I was there but didn't know what the magic words were ('Entire Roster'). There it is, between Emma May and Erin Lawrence. :p

Question for you regarding handshake contracts.

I have a worker on $40 per show on a handshake deal. I push them a bit and just before the end of the 2nd month, I get a notification saying that person wants a pay rise. Ok fine, I pushed them a fair bit.

I then get to the negotiation screen where that person is asking for $600 per month as a pay rise. Now obviously, I can’t pay her that as we have a handshake deal. I back out of negotiations and go to the contract screen and it says she is worth $60 per show.

Is this a bug that the game is multiplying her request by 10? Or is this worker telling me that she doesn’t agree with my handshake deal, and instead would like a $600 a month deal? If it is the latter, surely she should also tell me that is what she wants?

Question for you regarding handshake contracts.

I have a worker on $40 per show on a handshake deal. I push them a bit and just before the end of the 2nd month, I get a notification saying that person wants a pay rise. Ok fine, I pushed them a fair bit.

I then get to the negotiation screen where that person is asking for $600 per month as a pay rise. Now obviously, I can’t pay her that as we have a handshake deal. I back out of negotiations and go to the contract screen and it says she is worth $60 per show.

Is this a bug that the game is multiplying her request by 10? Or is this worker telling me that she doesn’t agree with my handshake deal, and instead would like a $600 a month deal? If it is the latter, surely she should also tell me that is what she wants?

That sounds like a bug to me. The fact that it's a convenient multiple of 10 more than her actual value, and the huge jump in asking price, are probably pointing towards bug.

How much did her popularity rise in your home area? I'm guessing not enough to justify a $560 increase in wages...

Out of interest, might be worth finding someone who has the same personality traits and roughly the same popularity and see what they ask for - if it's around $60, then definitely a bug!

When I'm in the PM stage (this may also be in the AM stage, haven't seen) and I'm looking at my announcer booth, it shows a huuuuge range for the color commentators. For example: Announcer has 100 announcer rating, 0 color rating. Color Commentator, however, has announcer rating of 0-45, and a color rating of 55-100. What's the reason for this?

I'm not overly familiar with the exact promos you're referencing, but "bouncing around like a goof" sounds like he should be rated on Charisma. Kinda like the old Kaientai "indeeeeeed!" promos. Can't rate them on microphone, they didn't say anything!

Here's an example of those fun Scott Steiner x Buff Bagwell promos from like '98 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a625RvVv1LM

Buff being a goof definitely adds to the segment but he doesn't talk. So yea. It could be charisma like you said.

To your other point there is something to be said that a legendary promo can't be legendary if the interviewer is terrible.

Mike Adamle screaming out "Jamaican me crazy!" during a Kofi interview would certainly hurt the score.

When I'm in the PM stage (this may also be in the AM stage, haven't seen) and I'm looking at my announcer booth, it shows a huuuuge range for the color commentators. For example: Announcer has 100 announcer rating, 0 color rating. Color Commentator, however, has announcer rating of 0-45, and a color rating of 55-100. What's the reason for this?

I believe it has to do with the scouting level. The less you know about their skill the larger the range.

PreBooking Before Debut?

I hired a couple wrestlers a couple weeks before the show, but wasn't able to prebook them for the upcoming show. After the show, I was put them into prebookings.

I figured a wrestler might have to have debuted in order to be prebooked, so I ran a test where I signed a worker and didn't debut them on a show. Before the show I wasn't able to prebook, but after the first show I was able to despite not debuting.

Might be a dumb question but is the intent of taking out the drop down in worker editor for "Active" "Retired" etc. be because the check boxes for ROLES is sufficient enough to do the same thing without making it an official retirement in game?

I think partially. Workers still retire in-game, but I think it was designed to prevent in-game editing to make someone who retired come back active because of the Talk to Worker feature. Now you ask workers if they want to come out of retirement.

The check boxes also allow you to specifics multiple roles for people, because now they can be a referee and a road agent, for instance, at the same time.

I'd love to have the full pre-booking functionality for TEW2020 explained to me in greater detail. It seems like it's "de-evolved" considerably from TEW2010 to 2013, to 2016 and now it seems to be making a huge comeback!

The handbook entry on Prebooking is really helpful (I thought) so it might be worth a read!

The big new thing (if you have it turned on) is the ability to have prebooking effect your attendance. If you announce big matches ahead of time, more people will show up but if you don't have enough 'hot' or 'big' matches announced, you can suffer from lower attendances as people won't think they're going to see the stars.

I think partially. Workers still retire in-game, but I think it was designed to prevent in-game editing to make someone who retired come back active because of the Talk to Worker feature. Now you ask workers if they want to come out of retirement.

The check boxes also allow you to specifics multiple roles for people, because now they can be a referee and a road agent, for instance, at the same time.

Appreciate the answer.

A little strange since so much is editable in-game but will just have to really scour the mods prior to starting to make sure the right workers are set to retired or not. Was useful to go in there and make the adjustment if one was classified wrong and i forgot to go through all the data prior.

Not a huge deal though.

The handbook entry on Prebooking is really helpful (I thought) so it might be worth a read!

The big new thing (if you have it turned on) is the ability to have prebooking effect your attendance. If you announce big matches ahead of time, more people will show up but if you don't have enough 'hot' or 'big' matches announced, you can suffer from lower attendances as people won't think they're going to see the stars.

Hahaha you'd think I'd know by now to actually read the handbook, wouldn't you?

Will check it out next time I have the game open in front of me.

Is there a way to change a worker's roster usage in their contract in the editor?

It's not on the contract screen, and it's not affected by their profile.

What do you mean by roster usage? The "Be whatever is needed" or the intention of how to use them?

Either way, I don't think it is editable.

Ok, I'm playing as RAW, why do I keep getting emails saying my house shows have been cancelled?

Do you have enough guys signed to written deals whose contracts say they are available to work all shows? Or do they say 'TV and major events" or "everything except house shows". If you don't have enough workers who can work house shows, they'll cancel the show.

Ok, I'm playing as RAW, why do I keep getting emails saying my house shows have been cancelled?

Had this happen to me too. RAW has a house show loop active, but no wrestlers actually selected to be on-duty for the house shows due to contracts. Every company seems to have the same house show loop schedule by default activated and only Medium sized companies can run them, so you have to go into the House Show menu and turn off the loop I believe.

Also strangely, if you click your user character active for house shows, the wording changes from "A company must have reached Medium size to use house shows" to "A company must have reached Cult size to use house shows". If I'm correct in my thinking, Cult is no longer a size used in TEW?

Edit - Also what Historian said. Only exclusive written deals will work

Also strangely, if you click your user character active for house shows, the wording changes from "A company must have reached Medium size to use house shows" to "A company must have reached Cult size to use house shows". If I'm correct in my thinking, Cult is no longer a size used in TEW?

Report this in the typos thread.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Historian" data-cite="Historian" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I just looked at the Raw roster. Most of them are on exclusive handshake deals and not written -- so they aren't available to work house shows.</div></blockquote><p> So I guess that's my point... if none of my workers are available for house shows why do I keep getting emails saying they're cancelled?</p><p> </p><p> Isn't that a bit annoying and redundant? Surely my promotion would be better suited to just not be trying to run them?</p><p> </p><p> Not sure what I'm saying is making sense.</p>