General Gameplay Questions Thread

I assume they can try and get on TV? Watcher games show that SWF and USPW often add B shows, so they can definitely change it to that extent.

Thank you, I hopes so. Weird I can't find anything in the handbook about what they mean, it might be there somewhere but when you click the question mark it doesn't take you to it and I tried to look

Cheers again

Do I get that correct that if I create a company and add several "Style Must Be ..." rules to the Hiring Rules then that means that the worker's style needs to be either of them and not all of them at the same time?

This has always been the case previously so I would assume it still is, yeah

That's pretty much it, yeah. I'm not from the US so can't accurately give US examples, but in the UK something like Sky One, UKTV Gold or Dave would be Cable Commercial - they're cable services but come with basic packages, you can't really get cable without getting them and they rely on advertising revenue. So they have a larger potential viewership than subscription services but the show needs to be better to get those viewers because there's also more choice.

Sky Sports, BT Sport or Sky Atlantic would be examples of Cable Subscription; the consumer has to pay extra to get them, so potential viewership is smaller but show quality doesn't matter as much for getting viewers.

Sky Sports Box Office (is that still a thing?) would be cable PPV, the consumer needs to pay separately for each show they watch.

As per the handbook, Subscription broadcasters offer higher revenue per viewer, and actual show quality has less impact on ratings so they're usually willing to accept lower show quality compared to their commercial counterparts. Commercial broadcasters offer more money for longer shows (because longer shows = more ad breaks = more revenue) but tend to expect higher quality as they're competing for views to get that sweet ad revenue.

Excellent, thanks alot bud. Just needed on confirmation

This has always been the case previously so I would assume it still is, yeah

Thanks!

Other than that I couldn't find further detail in the handbook or the forum on what the differences between the Angle Focus settings in the Company Product are - could anyone give me an idea? I believe that I kind of get Regular Focus and Highlights, but what does Tight Focus and Consistent mean?

Thanks!

Other than that I couldn't find further detail in the handbook or the forum on what the differences between the Angle Focus settings in the Company Product are - could anyone give me an idea? I believe that I kind of get Regular Focus and Highlights, but what does Tight Focus and Consistent mean?

On phone so can't cut/paste but details of that here - http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2414961#post2414961

Is there a way when pre-booking to leave a participant open?

For example, I want to book Jeff Hardy to appear on my next TV show, however I want to leave the other participant open as i'm really just advertising the return of Jeff.

It's an immersion thing I guess, as I do know who i'll book against him, but if I can keep it how it would be advertised, it would be cool

The "leader" of a stable is generally (the case you've mentioned being a notable exception) an active wrestler, but that's not a rule. There's a special role for managers who are "just" managers (Support) so that they don't count towards the maximum number of wrestlers you can have in one stable (18). But some stables are definitely lead by the manager.

Something like Evolution was obviously Triple H's stable, not Flair's, so Triple H would be the leader. Flair would be support.

With the Chase Agency though, that stable doesn't exist without her. She's unquestionably the leader of it. Same with Sneer Corporation in the old USPW. Shane Sneer was the leader, it was literally his stable.

You can also have multiple leaders (in the case of an nWo situation).

The roles don't really affect much other than the stable's strength rating (which in turn doesn't affect much). So if you want Brandon to be the leader, go for it. :)

Thanks for clarifying! My choice is on Emma! :D

A question regarding stables.

The leader must be a wrestler or a manager could be the one?

Example: in C-Verse 2013 The Chase Agency was created by Emma Chase with her three clients Brandon James (first), Rogue (second) and Paul Huntingdon (third). Who would you choose as its boss? Chase or James?

Emma Chase definitely.

I've just spent an embarrassingly long time messing with house show loops because I wanted "authenticity". Ugh. So I thought rather than it be a complete waste, I'd post them here if others care enough to want the same thing as me, even though nobody has asked about it. I felt it didn't warrant an entire post in the forum.

They're in a logical order for visiting every region of each area without doing too much backtracking or travelling in the opposite direction. Yeah, I don't know what I filled my time with before the TEW demo either.

This might be helpful for people who aren't so familiar with geography of certain areas? I guess?

Canada:

(Straight east-to-west)

British Columbia

Alberta

Saskatchewan

Manitoba

Ontario

Quebec

The Maritimes

Um, that's actually West to East (British Columbia is on the west coast of North America).

Is their currently a way to take workers off of hiatus

You have to be large enough to offer them a contract. I believe Medium will work (if it matches TEW16).

That's pretty much it, yeah. I'm not from the US so can't accurately give US examples, but in the UK something like Sky One, UKTV Gold or Dave would be Cable Commercial - they're cable services but come with basic packages, you can't really get cable without getting them and they rely on advertising revenue. So they have a larger potential viewership than subscription services but the show needs to be better to get those viewers because there's also more choice.

In US terms, I always looked at it as Cable Commercial was cable....with commercials. So whether that's basic or a higher tier, if there are commercials for outside entities shown on the channel, it's Cable Commercial. Cable Subscription are the premium channels like HBO, Showtime, STARZ, Cinemax, and so on. No commercials (except for programming guides/upcoming shows on that exact network/channel family, in between movies/shows) and it requires an additional subscription fee or add-on.

Is there a way when pre-booking to leave a participant open?

For example, I want to book Jeff Hardy to appear on my next TV show, however I want to leave the other participant open as i'm really just advertising the return of Jeff.

It's an immersion thing I guess, as I do know who i'll book against him, but if I can keep it how it would be advertised, it would be cool

You could just prebook him appearing in an angle by himself.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="gazwefc83" data-cite="gazwefc83" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Has mass edit been removed or am i missing something?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You have to press "Toggle List."</p>

<p>Is it possible to view details of a fighters current gimmick from their profile screen? I can work out how to view it when on the roster screen but when I look on their profile (by clicking on their picture) it doesn't seem possible.</p><p> </p><p>

Not a major thing but just creates extra clicks I'd like to avoid if possible!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BrokenCycle" data-cite="BrokenCycle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You have to press "Toggle List."</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Cheers, but how then i then tick who is affected by the mass edit?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="franticloser" data-cite="franticloser" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Right click on them.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> aghhh, thanks very much.</p><p> </p><p> Oh god, its a nightmare without arrow key scrolling and not being able to use the keyboard to search. Think its quicker to just go in a edit things individually.</p>

When I go to my prebooking page page it says that mandatory prebooking is switched off and so it's purely for organisational purposes and is not required. However, on the prebooking analysis it says that there are no valid prebooked segments and so the attendance will significantly reduced. So is this feature really only for organisational purposes or does it impact the attendance???

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="stonecold285" data-cite="stonecold285" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>When I go to my prebooking page page it says that mandatory prebooking is switched off and so it's purely for organisational purposes and is not required. However, on the prebooking analysis it says that there are no valid prebooked segments and so the attendance will significantly reduced. So is this feature really only for organisational purposes or does it impact the attendance???</div></blockquote><p> It's just there to inform you what it would say if pre-booking was mandatory.</p>

It triggers if the worker's stats are low. Which stats depends on the company. Brawling and Hardcore for a deathmatch company, Aerial for a lucha company, etc. Not sure which one it is for WNN though, sorry.

I appreciate the answer, Awesomenessofme.

It's frustrating. I tried to investigate myself. I ran another show and took note of all the wrestlers that the crowd turned on, then looked for commonalities between them. The only thing the stat they all have a low amount of is Menace, but so do several of my other workers. They all have different styles and there's no link in gimmicks or even success of gimmicks. I cannot understand why the crowd hates these six but not others.

I appreciate the answer, Awesomenessofme.

It's frustrating. I tried to investigate myself. I ran another show and took note of all the wrestlers that the crowd turned on, then looked for commonalities between them. The only thing the stat they all have a low amount of is Menace, but so do several of my other workers. They all have different styles and there's no link in gimmicks or even success of gimmicks. I cannot understand why the crowd hates these six but not others.

I've heard it might require a stat as high as 70, but I haven't tested it out. What product do you have?