General Gameplay Questions Thread

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="forlan" data-cite="forlan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Can you clarify what you mean by limited.. the mdb file is password protected so it can't be edited outside of the editor in game as far as I'm aware as it could cause errors or problems</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I talked a wrestler out of retirement but his contract is set to never wrestlers and there's no way to fix that in the editor.</p>

As always, thanks in advance to everyone who can help me understand things :)

I read the growing your company section of the handbook for the following issue. There it says receiving a grade at least 5 points higher will net you some popularity.

I ran an event in Puerto Rico with FCW that received a 54. Their starting popularity is 31. I didn't receive a note after the show that the show gained us any popularity. Normally I'd check the in game editor to see if we went up by a decimal but that's not there.

Is there a factor I'm not considering? Does this have to do with area importance? (I don't even know if this is in the game anymore truthfully)

Does the game just not say every time if you've gained popularity or not?

Economy is 43 and rising and Wrestling Industry is 34 and falling.

Thanks again for all the help.

Ok, so next question regarding contracts. I just hired a guy to be "exclusively work as on-screen personality" (my interviewer), he agrees to the deal and he's signed on as a wrestler. I go to his contract and it says exclusively an on-screen personality.

Is this a bug? I realise I can ask him to change to a personality (and he in fact agreed to), but if he's exclusively hired as a personality, why did he start off as a wrestler only?

I'm not sure I understand your question.

If the contract you offered and to which he signed specified that you wanted him to work exclusively as an on-screen personality, he will only work in that role for your company. That's been the case with previous games as well.

If you go and ask him to, say, wrestle in a deathmatch, he'll say "no, I'm only signed to be an on-screen personality".

His status as an active wrestler within the game world hasn't changed (at least not yet, and if it does it'll be his decision). So if the contract is about to end and is in the negotiation window period, or it's just a handshake deal, or not iron clad, then he's free to sign with another company offering him a contract to be an in-ring worker.

As always, thanks in advance to everyone who can help me understand things :)

I read the growing your company section of the handbook for the following issue. There it says receiving a grade at least 5 points higher will net you some popularity.

I ran an event in Puerto Rico with FCW that received a 54. Their starting popularity is 31. I didn't receive a note after the show that the show gained us any popularity. Normally I'd check the in game editor to see if we went up by a decimal but that's not there.

Is there a factor I'm not considering? Does this have to do with area importance? (I don't even know if this is in the game anymore truthfully)

Does the game just not say every time if you've gained popularity or not?

Economy is 43 and rising and Wrestling Industry is 34 and falling.

Thanks again for all the help.

Adam is reducing the industry penalties in the next patch. They were a little too harsh.

Adam is reducing the industry penalties in the next patch. They were a little too harsh.

Thanks for the heads up, I was playing with Patch #9 so I’ll look out for the next one.

EDIT: As an additional note (as I now went and read what I believe is the forum post where this was mentioned), the intent of my show was “tour”. I believe this may have resulted in the no popularity gain even though the grade was 23 points higher than the popularity.

EDIT 2: In case anyone comes back to read what I was experiencing, it was definitely having the tour option selected as my intent. I ran another show two days later with "normal intent", the attendance was up from 61 to a sold out 300, the rating was a 56 and the company increased in popularity.

As an SWF player, does anyone know if adding the road agent note "allow spinal impact moves" will benefit the overall score of a match (with the trade-off being a higher chance of injury)? I'm booking a PPV right now and wanted to know if anyone knows any sense of outcome.

Thank you!

As an SWF player, does anyone know if adding the road agent note "allow spinal impact moves" will benefit the overall score of a match (with the trade-off being a higher chance of injury)? I'm booking a PPV right now and wanted to know if anyone knows any sense of outcome.

Thank you!

I tried it recently and it didn't do much to scores; however I know one person (I think in the SWF thread) had done it and was getting about 5 more on each match than they had been. Potentially I was just unlucky?!

I tried it recently and it didn't do much to scores; however I know one person (I think in the SWF thread) had done it and was getting about 5 more on each match than they had been. Potentially I was just unlucky?!

wrestlers do receive a penalty if you dont allow spinal impact/high risk moves if you look at the dirt sheet

If I am playing with pre booking penalties how can I pre book a match or segment for a TV show when I tape multiple episodes in advance? Do I need to only worry about pre booking matches for the first episode?

Pre-booking a show prior to the taping day only impacts the first show that is taped. The subsequent shows are not pre-booked that way. So if you book a match that you leave off the first show taped thinking that you can put it on the second show being taped, it won't work and you'll suffer the penalty for not coming through with the promised match for the first show.

You can, however, still pre-book matches for the shows being taped after the first. But you have to do it one by one. For the next show at the taping you can pre-book the match either at the booking screen for the first show being taped or when you run that first show (as you can pre-book matches for the next taping in the order there too). If you have a third show being taped, you have to repeat that process during the second show, and if you have a fourth show at the taping you have to pre-book that during the third show.

Thank you!

You could easily test this by turning off auto save, turning off every single User Preference that affects the score of a match (basically all of them, except for things like the Dirt Sheet and Main event header...), turning off Strict Storylines, running a show with a single match on it, going back to the main menu WITHOUT SAVING, and running the match back however many times you want and seeing the test results.

I feel like I'm doing something wrong despite getting decent show grades (averaging 81 with SWF, just about keeping CANN happy which I'm happy with considering their current state). I can't seem to get wrestler pushes right at all.

Just ran Nothing To Lose; one match was Randy vs Joey Morgan in a hot storyline. Both are Well Known, Randy had 69 pop, Joey 70. Morgan won the match, match rated 80 so happy days. Next day I'm reviewing the roster and Randy has dropped to 62 pop and Joey didn't gain anything.

In the semi-main event I had The Crippler vs Angry Gilmore. Both stars, Crippler at 72 pop, Gilmore at 75 or 76. Crippler got a tainted win after interference, gained no pop but Gilmore dropped to 69 & perception back to Well Known.

Mikey Lau vs Brandon James in a cage match. Lau is a Star at 74 pop, James is Well Known at 68. James wins, tainted with interference again, gains no pop or perception. Lau drops to well known and another huge pop drop to 66.

Even if I give Mikey the win back, I'd imagine James doesn't have the pop to elevate him back to where he was? If I have Randy beat Morgan will Morgan's pop plummet? I know tainted wins are supposed to reduce gains but are they not giving any pop increases at all while still giving full losses? I have no idea what went wrong with Randy Unleashed, that looks like a huge drop to me. I also had Valiant (72) vs Rogue (77), Valiant won clean & went to 76 pop while Rogue dropped to 72. It's more in line with what I would have expected because I didn't keep Rogue strong.

This stems from another question I had but is something from previous games I'm not seeing here and couldn't find in the handbook.

Do areas still have importance? Is it still harder to gain popularity in areas like Hawaii and Puerto Rico than Tri State?

I feel like the answer here is no because for Hawaii and Puerto Rico you need to get a higher level of popularity to rise to Medium and Big. So I'm thinking you gain popularity the same way regardless of region, it just takes longer to get to those marks.

Thanks again everyone :)

This stems from another question I had but is something from previous games I'm not seeing here and couldn't find in the handbook.

Do areas still have importance? Is it still harder to gain popularity in areas like Hawaii and Puerto Rico than Tri State?

I feel like the answer here is no because for Hawaii and Puerto Rico you need to get a higher level of popularity to rise to Medium and Big. So I'm thinking you gain popularity the same way regardless of region, it just takes longer to get to those marks.

Thanks again everyone :)

You're right, importance has gone, however the areas do have potential fan bases which I think affect attendance. But yes, you gain pop the same regardless of region now and it's the differing size criteria which makes things varied.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MaddoxEra" data-cite="MaddoxEra" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I feel like I'm doing something wrong despite getting decent show grades (averaging 81 with SWF, just about keeping CANN happy which I'm happy with considering their current state). I can't seem to get wrestler pushes right at all.<p> </p><p> Just ran Nothing To Lose; one match was Randy vs Joey Morgan in a hot storyline. Both are Well Known, Randy had 69 pop, Joey 70. Morgan won the match, match rated 80 so happy days. Next day I'm reviewing the roster and Randy has dropped to 62 pop and Joey didn't gain anything.</p><p> </p><p> In the semi-main event I had The Crippler vs Angry Gilmore. Both stars, Crippler at 72 pop, Gilmore at 75 or 76. Crippler got a tainted win after interference, gained no pop but Gilmore dropped to 69 & perception back to Well Known.</p><p> </p><p> Mikey Lau vs Brandon James in a cage match. Lau is a Star at 74 pop, James is Well Known at 68. James wins, tainted with interference again, gains no pop or perception. Lau drops to well known and another huge pop drop to 66.</p><p> </p><p> Even if I give Mikey the win back, I'd imagine James doesn't have the pop to elevate him back to where he was? If I have Randy beat Morgan will Morgan's pop plummet? I know tainted wins are supposed to reduce gains but are they not giving any pop increases at all while still giving full losses? I have no idea what went wrong with Randy Unleashed, that looks like a huge drop to me. I also had Valiant (72) vs Rogue (77), Valiant won clean & went to 76 pop while Rogue dropped to 72. It's more in line with what I would have expected because I didn't keep Rogue strong.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Just checking, are you on the latest patch? There was a pop issue which was fixed a patch or two ago.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaded" data-cite="Jaded" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You're right, importance has gone, however the areas do have potential fan bases which I think affect attendance. But yes, you gain pop the same regardless of region now and it's the differing size criteria which makes things varied.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thank you for the answer.</p>