General Gameplay Questions Thread

When should you script matches? I thought that if you have participants with low psychology (under 60 as stated in the manual) you would get a boost to negate any penalties. However, I have been keeping track of in-ring performance for my workers and it only ever seems to bring higher-level workers down, rather than bring any lower workers up. I get much better returns from protecting a poor worker, rather than scripting.

I only script when both workers have low psychology. If at least one of them is decent, I don't bother with the note.

When debuting a worker, if I don't alter their default gimmick at all will it be in any way Unique/Creative/Sage or will it be set to the centre of the grid?

For example if I sign Zomboy and debut him with his Zombie Daredevil gimmick without touching anything will that be a default middle of the road "unstable" gimmick or will it be more unique than a generic gimmick?

How do battle royals work?

I run USPW so the max a match can be is about 15 min.

If I do a 30 minute battle royal is that exempt? How are they graded? By the top 4 workers or so or would a battle royal with say, Nicky Champion and Regular Joe be a dud? Can I set elimination order or top 4? Will workers be upset if not booked to win?

Anyone have any solid tips, or know what particular stats are important for the big four match aims (Steal The Show, Spectacle, Epic, Once In a Lifetime)? Particularly, the first three.

Psychology and In-Ring stats (Unsure how much of a combination of fundamentals and basics, but likely both) are important. I managed to pull off two good Spectacles as a Small company. Both were a 1v1, and in one case the workers had 70-80 Psychology, 60s in their basics (Brawling etc), and 60s-70s in their fundamentals. Steal the Show probably works fine with anyone that's capable of calling a match in the ring, just make sure they have decent stamina too, because it applies All Out too.

How do battle royals work?

I run USPW so the max a match can be is about 15 min.

If I do a 30 minute battle royal is that exempt? How are they graded? By the top 4 workers or so or would a battle royal with say, Nicky Champion and Regular Joe be a dud? Can I set elimination order or top 4? Will workers be upset if not booked to win?

I've done 2 battle royals (One with timed entries). None of my workers complained about losing (Even the guy who complains about *every* loss, though the winner was one of my other Stars). You can pick the Winner, Runnner-Up, and 3 finalists, plus some other stuff like Top Eliminations and (in timed entries) longest survival. I had a mix of my top workers and some lower tier workers and got an alright score on it, so it seems to use every worker in calculations.

I'm running RIPW, I've gotten my Merchandise up to level 5. It says at this level i will sell individual merchandise for Major Stars and Stars. I've been at this level for a couple of months and it doesn't show that any of my wrestlers are selling merchandise. Do development companies not sell individual merchandise even if your running them? or is it something else, like my guys aren't popular enough to sell merchandise?

I have the same issue with VWA, so it looks like it's not about RIPW being a development company. Maybe it depends on the company size ?

Hi, i am running a save as championship wrestling from hollywood - one of the broadcasters have warned me about our production values and want it increasing. I do not want to do this due to finances so i am going to eventually let them cancel their agreement with me ... my question is - will this have any effect on my popularitty or any other penalties?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Scott Zodiac" data-cite="Scott Zodiac" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Another quick question:<p> I usually ignore new workers if their safety if far too low as I don’t want them injuring the veterans who are training them up on the Mountain Dew KFC Georgia Gold Honey Mustard BBQ Dominos pre-show.</p><p> </p><p> However, when I’ve signed a couple recently, as soon as they sign, their safety and consistency stats immediately jump up to reasonable levels. Is that simply due to them working is safe conditions and not back-yard style?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Are you an OSW review fan by any chance!?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Monday Night Chores" data-cite="Monday Night Chores" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Are you an OSW review fan by any chance!?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> A winner...is you</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Snakebite180" data-cite="Snakebite180" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hi, i am running a save as championship wrestling from hollywood - one of the broadcasters have warned me about our production values and want it increasing. I do not want to do this due to finances so i am going to eventually let them cancel their agreement with me ... my question is - will this have any effect on my popularitty or any other penalties?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You may not be able to sign with another broadcaster for a while due to the cancelation.</p>

I’ve got four top quality promo guys (all can get 100 rated segments), so I’m taking the plunge to change from tight angle focus to consistent to get that boost. A couple of questions: what is the threshold to get this bonus? Is it an average of all of them about 85 say? And will this bonus be applied to just the angle part (and be capped at 100), or added to the final show rating? I shall report with anecdotal evidence this week.

Trying to troubleshoot an issue with this mod while staying realistic.

Playing as WCW, my PPV contract with Viewers Choice is running out, but TBS won't let me extend it or sign any new ones because of clashing coverage with something under their media umbrella since they're my parent company.

I checked all the other PPV providers and none of them will let me sign either, so it's not that TBS owns some little PPV provider they're trying to force me to use. I guess it's doing that because they used to have a contract to show events (Clash of the Champions)?

As far as I can figure, there's only 2 ways around this:

1) Turn my game into a database, go in and edit the power structure of WCW so it's not owned by TBS any longer and then basically start a new savegame to pick right back up.

2) Make the move to creating my own internet broadcaster earlier than I wanted to (which doesn't make sense historically for January 1995).

Anything else I'm missing that would solve this and let me keep my PPV business?

My tv show got dropped by a Japanese broadcasting station 2 weeks ago(roughly) my existing broadcasting contracts in Europe and the States are about to expire. Seems they are all hesitant to extend any contract due to being dropped recently. How long do i have to wait for the stench of being dropped to leave my company?

Trying to troubleshoot an issue with this mod while staying realistic.

Playing as WCW, my PPV contract with Viewers Choice is running out, but TBS won't let me extend it or sign any new ones because of clashing coverage with something under their media umbrella since they're my parent company.

I checked all the other PPV providers and none of them will let me sign either, so it's not that TBS owns some little PPV provider they're trying to force me to use. I guess it's doing that because they used to have a contract to show events (Clash of the Champions)?

As far as I can figure, there's only 2 ways around this:

1) Turn my game into a database, go in and edit the power structure of WCW so it's not owned by TBS any longer and then basically start a new savegame to pick right back up.

2) Make the move to creating my own internet broadcaster earlier than I wanted to (which doesn't make sense historically for January 1995).

Anything else I'm missing that would solve this and let me keep my PPV business?

TBS and Turner Premier are both under the same media umbrella in every 90's mod I've seen, so you might want to have a look there. If Turner Premier doesn't exist, or you're too small to sign with them, you're basically screwed because the game doesn't let you sign with any other broadcaster if you're owned by a media group and they have coverage in the area.

TBS and Turner Premier are both under the same media umbrella in every 90's mod I've seen, so you might want to have a look there. If Turner Premier doesn't exist, or you're too small to sign with them, you're basically screwed because the game doesn't let you sign with any other broadcaster if you're owned by a media group and they have coverage in the area.

Aaaah, no Turner Premier in this game. That's the issue.

And fixed. Found it in another 1990's mod and imported it in. Bingo.

Are the majority of new workers in the Cverse random gens/regens? Seems like every time a get a new worker debuting it's a generic new worker where in years past there were a lot of really interesting characters that came through like Ernest Youngman, Ross Henry or Texas Hangman but I haven't yet seen any new workers like that come through

Just a quick question, if you have two wrestlers that don't get along. I find it'd be a great story if I could get them to get along. Is there a way to make them get along or talk it over? Or are these two workers just stuck like this forever?

When you're booking a show, at the bottom of the first screen there is an option called Locker Room Controls. If you click on it, there is an option to meddle. If you choose that, you can pick two workers and try to improve or damage their relationship. This could do what you want, but it can also backfire. I think it's influenced by your character's Diplomacy skill.

When you're booking a show, at the bottom of the first screen there is an option called Locker Room Controls. If you click on it, there is an option to meddle. If you choose that, you can pick two workers and try to improve or damage their relationship. This could do what you want, but it can also backfire. I think it's influenced by your character's Diplomacy skill.

Thank you so much

Are the majority of new workers in the Cverse random gens/regens? Seems like every time a get a new worker debuting it's a generic new worker where in years past there were a lot of really interesting characters that came through like Ernest Youngman, Ross Henry or Texas Hangman but I haven't yet seen any new workers like that come through

In this game, the majority are. There are still quite a few unique characters that come into the game that are preset, but I know Adam put work into the random gen and regens to create more variety -- if you notice some of them even come in with relationships to other characters (specifically in the regens).

There are several community built mods that add wrestlers into the game.

willr0ck's Women's mod

CreeperGav's community sourced To Debut Mod

Blake Trask's IndyBooster Mod

Wonk's India Expansion

Brat99's Community Sourced India mod

Absolutely Ridiculous's 30 Dojo Graduates Mod

These give a lot of yet-to-debut (and some that have debuted) characters into the world, a lot of them community sourced to help buff up your game if you want more unique characters.

In this game, the majority are. There are still quite a few unique characters that come into the game that are preset, but I know Adam put work into the random gen and regens to create more variety -- if you notice some of them even come in with relationships to other characters (specifically in the regens).

There are several community built mods that add wrestlers into the game.

willr0ck's Women's mod

CreeperGav's community sourced To Debut Mod

Blake Trask's IndyBooster Mod

Wonk's India Expansion

Brat99's Community Sourced India mod

Absolutely Ridiculous's 30 Dojo Graduates Mod

These give a lot of yet-to-debut (and some that have debuted) characters into the world, a lot of them community sourced to help buff up your game if you want more unique characters.

Awesome, thanks.