General Gameplay Questions Thread

does anyone use post show time and for what purpose?

I use it as an opportunity to run angles. I find that for Japanese companies and smaller companies this would replicate post-show press conferences or backstage/post match promos on a DVD.

The post show time doesn't effect your show rating, so it can also be a place to have a 'for the crowd only' main event if you're a bigger company and you want to try out two guys in a match after you've gotten the crowd warmed up to see if they have chemistry, etc.

House Shows and Downside Guarantees

Does anybody utilise house shows?

I started a new company and only my top stars are signed to contracts so I don’t run house shows. Are they a better way of building workers up than developmental companies or B shows?

Does anybody use per show contracts with downside guarantees?

I’ve not seen it used by the AI and nowhere in my CVerse game. Does anybody have any experience of working with them. It does have a section in the game manual.

Does anybody utilise house shows?

I started a new company and only my top stars are signed to contracts so I don’t run house shows. Are they a better way of building workers up than developmental companies or B shows?

Does anybody use per show contracts with downside guarantees?

I’ve not seen it used by the AI and nowhere in my CVerse game. Does anybody have any experience of working with them. It does have a section in the game manual.

New player here. I added house shows much later in my save (started as ACPW then CZCW) to give some of the guys lower on the card matches as a way to improve instead of running a B show (which I did as ACPW). I found it kept guys active and I did see some small benefits to their stats...but for me, it was just a kayfabe way to keep guys wrestling who weren't part of a storyline on the main show so they didn't completely stall in their progression. Of course, the downside is in order to run house shows, the wrestlers need to be on a per month contract...so unless you already have a pretty big roster, I'd hold off on the house shows for the time being...but again, that's just my newb experience.

I've stayed away from downside guarentees so far...only really become an issue recently (2029-30) but I either up the per month figure if someone asks for one, or just pass.

Is there a way to get the autobooker to pick different match types? It seems to fixate on just one. I even tried changing the product to "Variety" and it's still booking all my singles matches as just one match type.

I have one match type with pinfall/submission as the finish types, and one with Stoppage. It seems the autobooker is exclusively choosing the pinfall/submission match instead of any sort of mix, even though both are set as default match types.

Now sure, I can go in and change it, but it'd be nice if I didn't have to.

So I’m a few months into my first go at the game and I’m using TCW. I’m doing great on TV Shows, pulling high 70’s and low 80’s every week. I can’t for the life of me get a good score at a PPV event though. What am I doing wrong? I go more match heavy at the PPV’s with a few short segments sprinkled in. Is this the problem? Am I possibly not building my matches enough as storylines? Though I feel like I am. I don’t get it.

So I’m a few months into my first go at the game and I’m using TCW. I’m doing great on TV Shows, pulling high 70’s and low 80’s every week. I can’t for the life of me get a good score at a PPV event though. What am I doing wrong? I go more match heavy at the PPV’s with a few short segments sprinkled in. Is this the problem? Am I possibly not building my matches enough as storylines? Though I feel like I am. I don’t get it.

Is there anything in red after a PPV at the bottom, or any notes from the matches? Have you remembered to set up announcers for both TV and Events? Your product settings will dictate the matches to angle ratio you are to follow. You may be getting penalties for that. Do your individual segments ratings go down for the PPVs?

Is there anything in red after a PPV at the bottom, or any notes from the matches? Have you remembered to set up announcers for both TV and Events? Your product settings will dictate the matches to angle ratio you are to follow. You may be getting penalties for that. Do your individual segments ratings go down for the PPVs?

Nothing in red that I have noticed, I'll pay closer attention after the next big event. I do have announcers setup.

The product piece is something I wasn't aware of, looks like expectations are 90% match time for my events, so I need to be more mindful of that. At my last big event my angles were all in the 70 - 90 range pretty much, but I may not have had a good ratio.

Nothing in red that I have noticed, I'll pay closer attention after the next big event. I do have announcers setup.

The product piece is something I wasn't aware of, looks like expectations are 90% match time for my events, so I need to be more mindful of that. At my last big event my angles were all in the 70 - 90 range pretty much, but I may not have had a good ratio.

Might be best to post up a screen shot next time you get this.

The only other thing could be production values. If other companies in your region at the same size or smaller have better production levels, you will get penalised. But I think this shows up in red at the bottom of the event screen.

What are your match and angle focus settings?

Might be best to post up a screen shot next time you get this.

The only other thing could be production values. If other companies in your region at the same size or smaller have better production levels, you will get penalised. But I think this shows up in red at the bottom of the event screen.

What are your match and angle focus settings?

I’ve never played with these, but they are regular focus for match and tight focus for angles.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know why or how I missed this for all these years...

I've been working on a mod, and when I add workers (thankfully not too much this way) I've been showing age progression with narratives, but I somehow missed on the Agers option.

I do like the Narrative route for a more accurate way of real life appearance changes, down to the week of a month, but it'll pop up in news for each worker.

Agers doesn't do this, but it's not as accurate as to when the picture actually changes.

I'm stuck as I'm nearly done working on a mod and this is the one of the last big things I need to do. As a modder, which would you do? As a player, would you be annoyed to see the appearance change pop up each time?

For the Hidden Gems, does the order they're in indicate highest to lowest destiny roll? Like, does 1 have a better destiny roll than 5? Or is it just 5 random people with no order?

Also, is the description an indication of how good the destiny roll is? Ex: "extremely useful" vs "very useful" vs "decent asset"?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Scott Zodiac" data-cite="Scott Zodiac" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If you send workers to a Performance Centre, can they still work shows? Or are they gone until you recall them?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes, they can still work shows.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Scott Zodiac" data-cite="Scott Zodiac" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If you send workers to a Performance Centre, can they still work shows? Or are they gone until you recall them?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> They can</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RaptorMcFly" data-cite="RaptorMcFly" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Do the workers improve in child companies?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes</p>

I'm just tinkering around with some things and noticed I have a worker in a company with (Company: 29 popularity; Worker: 18 pop) averaging 30 in-ring performance for one company; yet putting up a 55 in-ring is a company in the same region with 35 popularity. Is that purely product based; or AI vs. User etc?

Might also be that they’re pairing him with better ring generals, or higher skill wrestlers.

Is there a way to determine when and how many new workers are created by the database because I looked and could not find the option. I'm currently attempting to fast forward a database to 10 years in the future so this might be important.

It depends entirely on the dojos that are there. Random workers graduate from a dojo/training facility and the more there are/higher quality there are the more you'll see.